Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Todrick is the most useless judge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
It makes a lot of sense to have judges from previous seasons because they've seen the queens before and can comment on growth and stuff.

I don't think Todrick has said anything remotely funny/entertaining it's just "wow I love your look."

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
quick thoughts--

I agree that the performances and runway looks were mostly great, the bottom two was a tough pick.

That said I'm not sure Alyssa deserved to be top two, her runway look was kind of a mess of "way too much poo poo" and also being very quintessentially Alyssa. All the other queens did some really out-there stuff which is what I'd want for "future of Drag" rather than a bog standard Alyssa pageant outfit with fascinator. I also thought Detox dominated that lipsync, Alyssa pulled out her death drops but it's like, we know you can dance and death drops have been so overplayed in this show you shouldn't be relying on them.

Honestly not even sure Detox deserved top two either, her lipsync and facial expressions were great as Marie Antoinette but my god her dancing. During rehearsal, "you look like you're taking a poo poo" and somehow she was even worse in the actual performance.

I agree Katya got handed the worst part in the performance, hugeass train dress, Princess Diana is hard to make funny or entertaining, and she was last following a bunch of great performances.

Todrick remains worthless and maybe the producers and editors are aware of that since he had like two lines the whole episode, one of which was a terrible virgin joke and then told Alyssa "this is epic only you could pull it off." :fuckoff:

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

It was a stupid idea in the first place to have Princess Di on that roster. Katya didn't have anything to work with. And Princess Di is a goddamn saint; she didn't fit in with the theme at all.

It was really weird and maybe unprecedented for Ru to assign all the parts like that.

Usually there is a mini-challenge and the winner(s) decide who gets which parts for the main challenge.

Katya absolutely got the shittiest character and costume plus performing first/last is always rough.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
I'll defend Katya's runway look a bit in the sense that if you're gonna go with that huge hair, you also need something big in your garment to balance it out. I thought Alyssa, Roxxxy, and Gingers' runways were equally bad or worse.

Alyssa dominated the dancing challenge (no surprise there) but her runway was a hot garbage MESS of wearing every piece of cloth and rhinestone in her closet at once while sticking to standard Alyssa formula. I think Alyssa had the best challenge performance and worst runway. I really like her overall but wow pick a stylistic theme and run with it girl, your outfit is a too strung-out on Red Bulls mess. It's like Jiggly Caliente episode one:

That is NOT a top-two runway.

I'd probably have picked Roxxxy and Katya for bottom two, Katya got dealt a lovely hand with Princess Diana and going last in the performance but objectively she wasn't great and the runway was meh. Similarly Roxxxy was forgettable both in the challenge and on the runway. Meanwhile Ginger was great in the challenge and mediocre on the runway look, I think I'd have sent Roxxxy home instead of her just based on this week's performance.

Alaska was fine as Eve but I think she flopped on the runway by not going completely ridiculous over-the-top; weird kooky (but very intelligent) alien Alaska is essentially her schtick and she picked a very minimalist expression of that.

It's hard for me to pick tops/bottoms for the week since the best performers in the challenge (imo Alyssa, Ginger) also gave the worst runways.

I almost think Phi Phi should've been in the top two this week, her performance was decent and her runway great, plus having her lip-synching to eliminate one of the other girls would have made for some tasty drama.

Todrick remains lovely and unremarkable and I will continue to mention that in every post. :fuckoff:

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Sep 10, 2016

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
I thought Alaska's reveal runway was just as good as Alyssa's, they both started as a floofy blob that unfolded into a clever second outfit (Lil' Poundcake and the camera/selfie outfit).

I would've put Phi Phi in the bottom, can't understand what earned her top two this week. I thought her acting was alright but worse than Alaska, Katya, and Detox. Phi Phi and Roxxxy's runways were two distinct but unremarkable looks, Detox's was cool but I agree there wasn't much of a transformation.

Alaska does seem like the clear front runner but I have a hard time deciding who else should be top two. I'd have put Roxxxy, Phi Phi, and Alyssa in the bottom and one of Katya and Detox on top with Alaska. Send Phi Phi or Roxxxy home.

The reveal at the end of the episode should make for some interesting drama with the final queens.

Todrick continues to deliver an impressively bland and uninteresting judge performance.

e: I love Katya but she really needs to step up her runway game, the latex look was fantastic but her last two have been pretty bad compared to the competition, even though Katya has been doing great in challenges.

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Sep 16, 2016

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

Honestly at this point I'm just waiting for them to crown Alaska. She's the only clear front runner,

Yeah, I've avoided spoilers but Alaska seems the overwhelming favorite. I had high hopes for Katya but her runways have been season 7 and this is loving all stars 2, bitch. Step up your game, it's alright but you need to be STANDOUT.

edit: oops I forgot to repeat that Todrick is the most useless judge

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Sep 18, 2016

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Haha what the gently caress Phi Phi

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Oh man, Todrick's blue ceramic bowtie and really the entire outfit was loving awful. Basically all of his judge critiques have been "I like your things and stuff." Anyone following RPDR social media seen much complaining about him? Because this needs to be his last season "judging."

Lipsync was another classic, that was great and I'm not sure whether I'd have handed the win to Alaska or Katya. I agree that the elimination was strategic, Roxxy has been "meh" to "bottom" every week.

Happy to see Katya killing it though, she's been really underperforming I feel.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Tatianna got a solid redemption arc, I didn't like her in s2 but I've really enjoyed her this season.

Phi Phi... not so much.

e: if you're going to be a total bitch, GREAT. Just be self-aware about it (see: Willam, Tati, others).

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Sep 30, 2016

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Pinwiz11 posted:

I'll just leave this here, from Willam's Instagram...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLAM_PSj4lL/

I don't have a problem with how Alaksa is playing the game, I just wish she would own up to it. "Roxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxy loaned me this shirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt" doesn't cut it. If we get that in a confessional next week I'll be happier.

RPDR all-stars season 2 wiki page is still pretty amusing:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RuPaul%27s_Drag_Race:_All_Stars_(season_2)

(Alaska's name is replaced with Snake and Tatianna got ROBBED)

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

notaspy posted:

It would take his one special, unique thing away from him. The only thing keeping him famous.

And at this point it can only be a disappointment after all the hype.

CaptainScraps posted:

That and his loving talent. He's an amazing queen.

Yeah, the disqualification got him a ton of exposure and attention and he very successfully capitalized on it. He's one of the most savvy queens out there in terms of branding and marketing.

Also very well-rounded as a performer, does tons of live shows, maintains the largest (?) youtube presence of any queen, and also has been running a gogo dancer booking company for ages (way before he went on RPDR).

Bitch is diversified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

overseer07 posted:

I was just talking about her horse face

I think a lot of Jasmine's problem is she wears tiny wigs, bobs and other stuff which draws attention to the man face. She needs a lot bigger hair and maybe better makeup contouring and she could get rid of some of the horse face.

But yeah, terrible attitude and not a good performer in spite of bitching about everyone elses' performances.

• Locked thread