Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

K'atya Duskryn

"I don't know who's the bigger fool: these guys for rushing in half-cocked and falling over themselves, or me for running in after them to pull their asses out of the fire instead of leaving them to their fate."

*sigh*

"Oh well. Once more into the bumbler's breach."

With that, K'atya leaps into the fray, slipping behind one of the mooks and knocking him out with a blow to the head before he knows what hit him. Even K'atya is above spilling blood in a holy place, even if the gods aren't around to worry about it.

Move: Head towards the assembled 'Mass'. Acrobatics: 1d20+10 27 to clear the bars.
Standard: Move into a flank with Garrod as my Deft Strike move. Deft Strike vs Flanked Animu's AC: 1d20+12 19 1d4+7+2d8 20 damage.

pre:
K'atya Duskryn
HP: 32/32 (BV: 16)	AC:	17 	At Will		Encounter		Daily
Surges: 8/8 (V: 8)	Fort:	12 	Deft Strike	[ ] Second Wind		[ ] Handspring Assault
Init: +5; Speed: 6	Ref:	18	Sly Flourish	[ ] Dazing Strike
P.I.: 11; P.P.: 11	Will:	13			[ ] Cloud of Darkness
Action Point: 2 [ ]; Vision: Darkvision			[ ] Inevitable Strike
Languages: Common, Elven, Primordial

Passives:
Artful Dodger: +2 AC vs Opportunity Attacks
First Strike: Have CA against targets who have not acted
Thieves' Tools: +2 to Thievery to Open Lock/Disable Trap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Roll 20

"What in blue blazes is going on out there?" The other old priest cried, "I have an unconscious guard here and it sounds like a carnival out there. I'll go get the guards and have them sort these ruffians out."

Smartly than the rest, this old man is making for the stairs. He gets there and, chances are, he'll have some guards coming in no time. It's Middle Dura, not Lower Dura, and they do have coin so the law actually recognizes their existence. That would be bad since you're not the good guys here.

It's Muck's turn now.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Muck
Campaign Cheat Sheet

Rubbing at the back of his head, Muck sits for a moment confused as to what in the name of The Traveller just happened. Still concealed behind a crate, Muck manages to haul his way to his feet and notices the company members having arrive to bail Alli out of the fire.

Muck's garotte flies out from the darkness like a bolo neatly wrapping its way around the chubby priest's neck, Muck himself is not too far behind; appearing like a phantom he flies through the air feet first and delivering a drop kick to the priest's gut.

Grabbing the grips of his garotte before gravity takes over, Muck begins to pull, strangling the priest out while standing horizontal to the floor.

pre:
Muck

HP: 8/28 (BV: 14)	AC:	1618 	Passive Insight: 12
Surges: 10/10 (V:7)	Fort:	1517 	Passive Perception: 12
Initiative: 6		Ref:	15	Vision: Darkvision
Speed: 6		Will:	14	Action Points: 0
Languages: Common, Draconic

At Will		  Encounter		  Daily
Quick Lunge	  [ ] Second Wind	  Prepared Poison 
Poisoned Dagger	  [ ] Skulking Spy        [x] Crawler Juice
Garrote Strangle  [ ] Shifty Maneuver 		
		  [x] Assassin's Strike
	          [ ] Hidden Lore
	          [ ] Mind Shadows

Passives:
Kobold- +2 defenses vs Traps.
Earthen Hail: Defense buff until end of Garrod's next turn.

quote:

Move: Stand from prone
Standard: Garotte Strangle: Muck shifts 2 and makes an attack 18 vs Priest's reflex hits for 10 damage. The priest is grabbed and cannot speak. He takes a -2 to attack Muck.
No Action: Attack Finesse- Deals an additional 6 damage.
No Action: Assassin's Strike: Priest takes an additional 1 damage.
Action Point: Sustain Standard on Garotte Strangle: The priest takes an additional 7 damage

Subduing on all of the above.

Just because it'd probably be relevant: If any of the enemies adjacent to muck drop to 0hp he activates Hidden Lore as a free action and becomes invisible until the end of his next turn.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Sep 20, 2016

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Ghesh

Ghesh perfectly fine with being muscle, nasty storymanperson. Ghesh is simple lizard. Having ambitions is bad, certainly in Dura. Sooner, later, someone with same ambitions and better muscle will come along and make room. Which means you die. Ghesh prefer being better muscle. If ambition men do not need him, he will go to other ambition men. Is easier that way. Ghesh not know about cosmic chess, barely know about real one. But is simple way of life, for simple lizard.

So when softskins mess up and get caught by faithmen, Ghesh has to come in and save day. Crawling through window, not much for Ghesh. But he try nonetheless. Try being important word. Succeed...not so much. "Uh oh. Help Ghesh?" he pleads to the nearby Faraday.

Acrobatics to crawl through the window at 1d20=2

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Roll 20

"drat oval office, that hurt. Why you using a crossbow?" What a mouth on this guy. Really a tough guy considering he runs and hides behind the wall. "Oui, when the guards get here, you will have attempted murder on your hands."

Move to stand.
Standard to move action
Move behind wall.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Alli Windham

Alli ignores the thug's insult, instead training her aim on the fleeing priest. She lets out a single bolt, aimed at the back of his knee. She hits dead on, stopping him in his tracks and hopefully buying them a little more time to get out of this mess. She then moves towards the door and pushes it shut, then leans against it in hopes of preventing entry.

Standard: Disruptive Shot vs AC: 1d20+10 17 1d10+6 9 nonlethal and the target is immobilized (save ends) on the running priest
Move: Move E 3sq.
Minor: Close door and lean on it! if leaning on it won't do anything that's fine and we'll just say it's fluff!

pre:
Alli Windham
HP: 23/23		AC:	17 	Passive Insight: 12
Surges: 6/6 (V: 5)	Fort:	13 	Passive Perception: 17
Initiative: +13*	Ref:	18	Vision: Normal
Speed: 6		Will:	14	Action Points: 2
Stealth: +10
Languages: Common, Elven
* accounting for Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx

Superior Crossbow: +10, 1d10+6 (Load Minor, Ranged 20/40)
Longsword +10, 1d8+2 (Versatile)

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Aimed Shot		[ ] Second Wind
Clever Shot		[x] Disruptive Shot
Rapid Shot		[ ] Mark of the Vigilante
Twin Strike

Stances:
Aspect of the Dancing Serpent: Can shift 1 at end of turn as free action;
	+1 to attack and damage on MBA & RBA vs enemy w/ none of its allies adjacent
Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx: +4 to initiative; +2 to attack in first
	turn of encounter; +WIS power bonus to all defenses against OAs provoked
	by moving
Mark of the Vigilante: Can mark enemy hit w/ melee or ranged until EOMNT
	+2 power bonus to all defenses against OAs provoked by moving

Passives:
Crossbow Hunter: Reload "load minor" crossbows with free action
Crossbow Expertise: Ignore enemy benefits of partial and superior cover 
Ambush Expertise: When I make a Stealth check, Allies in 10sq gain +2
 	to their next Stealth check until EOMNT
Watchful Rest: No -5 penalty to Perception checks while sleeping during
	extended rest.

Look Around You fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Sep 23, 2016

Niel
Mar 5, 2013

Faraday Cage

Faraday was just barely on his feet at this point when he hears Ghesh's plea for help. He turned to pull the dragonborn through with his twiggy hands, but when he was done doing so, he realized just how far away he was from the front line, and he was basically in no position to do anything else but cast the one far-ranged spell he has, which rained down drops of molten silver at a point near where the priests had congregated. He knew some of his teammates would be hit in the crossfire, and hoped that they wouldn't be hit too badly.

Move Action: Stand up from prone.
Standard Action: Argent Rain.

Argent Rain vs Reflex on Minions 1-3, a Priest, Muck, and Kat'ya: 4#1d20+5 13 22 13 19 2#1d20 19 7 1d10+4 9 - Everyone is hit for 9 damage except for Katya. I believe this should down Muck and the three minions, and Faraday will only be trying to knock the enemies unconscious.

pre:
Faraday Cage
HP: 15/29 (BV: 14)	AC:	19	At Will			Encounter		Daily
Surges: 10/10 (V: 7)	Fort:	14 	Aegis of Shielding	[ ] Second Wind		[ ] Dimensional Thunder
Init: +1; Speed: 6	Ref:	15	Sword Burst		[x] Argent Rain
P.I.: 12; P.P.: 12	Will:	15	Booming Blade		[x] Promise of Storm
Action Point: 1 [x]; Vision: Normal				[ ] Sword of Sigils
Languages: Common, Primordial

Passives:
War Wizard's Expertise:	-5 penalty to attack rolls with a light or heavy blade against allies.
White Lotus Riposte:	When enemy that has been hit with your arcane at-will attack power attacks you before SoNT, enemy  
			takes damage (of same type as attack power) equal to ability modifier of the attack power's damage.

Niel fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Sep 23, 2016

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Muck
Campaign Cheat Sheet

As searing hot pain begins to flow down over Muck, he can spare but a single glace toward Faraday as he barks out a word in angry draconic, bringing into question both the line of work of Faraday's mother and casting suspicion upon his Father's lineage. Muck's grip loosens upon his garotte and he cascades to the ground leaving the priest to attempt to catch his breath before he his beaten soundly around the head by the party.

pre:
Muck

HP: -1/28 (BV: 14)	AC:	1618 	Passive Insight: 12
Surges: 10/10 (V:7)	Fort:	1517 	Passive Perception: 12

[x] Assassin's Strike
	          [ ] Hidden Lore
	          [ ] Mind Shadows

Passives:
Earthen Hail: Defense buff until end of Garrod's next turn.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Sep 23, 2016

Covok
May 27, 2013

Roll 20

As the priests knock to the floor unconscious, the older priest begins to sweat with fear.

"Please, what did we ever do to you? Money, is that what you want? We got plenty. Please, don't kill us: we haven't done anything wrong. We were just minding our own business, going about our day. Why are you doing this? W-why!?" He's sobbing quite a bit. Well, even men of the cloth don't want to die, even if they can become one with the flame.

"Oi, you sure are putin on quite a show! Woo! These must be a big set of rats to get you to piss yourself so hard, you baby."

"Please..."

"Oi, I'll be there in a second, stop your belly aching."

Priest shifts out of the zone.
Garrod, it is your turn.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Garrod Stormbrewer

"Sorry about this, father. Don't know what the kobold and the girl have gotten us into, but they're still members of the company. Obligated to bail 'em out."

Hopefully they'd have a good explanation for this mess. Probably wouldn't, but such was life. Speaking of the kobold, he just collapsed right in front of me, even though I hadn't seen him a few seconds earlier. Damned shadow types. I clap him on the shoulder, hand brimming with divine energy, and say,

"Up and at 'em. Neither I nor Dol Arrah are done with you yet."

Seeing Muck start to come to and Faraday getting a residual dose, I send another blast of radiant energy towards the priest, knocking him soundly off his feet with a satisfying grunt.

Move: Down right one to get within 3 squares of both Muck and Faraday
Standard: Beacon of Hope (Burst 3), +5 HP to Muck and Faraday, until end of the encounter Garrod heals +5 HP with healing powers
Minor: Healing Word on Muck; Healing Surge +5 HP + 1d6

AP

Standard: Lance of Faith on Priest, non-lethal

Axe of Faith v. Priest (Reflex 15): 1d20+5 25 1d8+6 13 14 Crit Damage

pre:
General
HP: 30/30 (BV: 15) Surges: 9/11 (V: 7)
AC: 20 Fort: 15 Ref: 11 Will: 17
Initiative: -1; Speed: 5
Passive Insight: 19; Passive Perception: 14
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven; Action Points: 0; Vision: Low-Light

Passives
Stand Your Ground: [Can move one less square when forced to move, can make a saving throw when knocked prone to stay standing]
Cast-Iron Stomach: [+5 to poison saving throws]
Battle Cleric's Lore: [+2 shield AC, whenever a cleric healing power allows a target to spend a healing surge, target +2 attack rolls until EOMNT]

At-Will
Melee Basic: [+7 v. AC, 1d12+4]
Brand of the Sun: [Melee v. AC, +7, 1d12+6 radiant, self or ally within 5 can make saving throw] 
Lance of Faith: [Ranged 5 v. Reflex, 1d8+6 radiant, ally within sight +2 power bonus to next attack roll against target]

Encounter
[ ] Second Wind [ ] Guardian's Counter [x] [ ] Healing Word
[x] Earthen Hail[x] Favor of the Gods/Turn Undead

Daily
[x] Beacon of Hope

Effects
Beacon of Hope: +5 with my Healing Powers until End of Encounter

Inventory
Urgrosh, Scale Armor, Ritual Book, Holy Symbol, Adventurer's Kit, Bottle of Wine, Pitcher of Ale (22)

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Sep 24, 2016

Niel
Mar 5, 2013

Covok posted:

"Please, what did we ever do to you? Money, is that what you want? We got plenty. Please, don't kill us: we haven't done anything wrong. We were just minding our own business, going about our day. Why are you doing this? W-why!?" He's sobbing quite a bit. Well, even men of the cloth don't want to die, even if they can become one with the flame.

Faraday Cage

"Um. You could let our comrade go? I'm pretty sure I heard her yelling somewhere in here." Faraday suggests, or at least he tries to as Garrod lasers the poor man in the face.

pre:
Faraday Cage
HP: 20/29 (BV: 14)	AC:	19	At Will			Encounter		Daily
Surges: 10/10 (V: 7)	Fort:	14 	Aegis of Shielding	[ ] Second Wind		[ ] Dimensional Thunder

Passives:
War Wizard's Expertise:	-5 penalty to attack rolls with a light or heavy blade against allies.
White Lotus Riposte:	When enemy that has been hit with your arcane at-will attack power attacks you before SoNT, enemy  
			takes damage (of same type as attack power) equal to ability modifier of the attack power's damage.

Niel fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Sep 24, 2016

Covok
May 27, 2013

Roll 20

"She's hurting him!"

"Mess her up! Protect our own!"

"She's got a crossbow, you dullards! Pull back!"

By being next to each other, the young priests get a +2 bonus to AC.

"We protect our own in Dura. It's the only way to survive down here: numbers to your advantage."

Results, 22, 14. One hit: 5 damage.

They're innocence is cute and refreshing, in a way. It feels good to see people who still believe in such childish fantasies. It makes you feel young and like life matters. Then, they realize how hard the world really is.

But, they're not your only problems. Looks like that thug finally sped up and got where he needed to be.

"Oi, a drow? I'm gobsmacked. A larrikin like me fighting a drow? Never seemed to be the type to run my way. You pikers are a rare lot. Did your scorpion god hogwash tell you to be here? Listen, sheila, maybe you should go back to the jungle with your 8 foot tall, ugh brothers. We don't need your type in Sharn. Being here all dressed in normal clothes. You really uping yourself. I'm sure I can find some grass skirt for you to wear."

"Please, shut up. Stop antagonizing them! I just want to make it past today."

"What? You afraid of this race of bludgers? Or is your god such a wuss as to tolerate them?"

"Why don't you ever just shut up!?"

Niel posted:

Faraday Cage

"Um. You could let our comrade go? I'm pretty sure I heard her yelling somewhere in here." Faraday suggests, or at least he tries to as Garrod lasers the poor man in the face.

"What comrade? We never took anyone!"

"You will'ng to co-operate with this gen-trash? Or is it cause he got the stink of your lurk of a country, Thrane, on him? Bah!"

TheFireMagi posted:

Garrod Stormbrewer

AP

Standard: Lance of Faith on Priest, non-lethal

Axe of Faith v. Priest (Reflex 15): 1d20+5 25 1d8+6 13 14 Crit Damage

And, the coward is out for the night. Wonder how shocked he'll be that he's still alive when he wakes up. Victims of home invasions often are, for every night of the rest of their night.

"Thanks for shutting him up, you little beard drinkers."

Covok fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Sep 24, 2016

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Muck
Campaign Cheat Sheet

Muck snaps back into consciousness, a full on growl escaping his gritted teeth. A glare is leveled at the thug now standing over him, the impotent rage of a kobold lain low by an overweight priest burning in his eyes.

pre:
Muck

HP: 21/28 (BV: 14)	AC:	16 	Passive Insight: 12
Surges: 10/10 (V:7)	Fort:	15 	Passive Perception: 12

[x] Assassin's Strike
	          [ ] Hidden Lore
	          [ ] Mind Shadows

Passives:
Prone: -2 to ranged attacks against Muck.
e: Per K'atya's cloud of darkness -5 to non burst or blast attacks to hit Muck.

quote:

Muck heals 21hp from Garrod's tender ministrations.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Sep 24, 2016

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

K'atya Duskryn

"That's quite the mouth you have on you, mate. How are you able to speak with all that kangaroo cock in it?"

As glib as she might act, the merc's words were getting to her here in the heat of battle. Not like he was saying anything she hadn't heard before, but it's a little different when the air was literally boiling around her head. It was time to bring things back under control. Her control.

"You can take a girl out of the darkness, but you can't take the darkness out of the girl."

Minor: Pop my Cloud of Darkness.
Standard: Dazing Strike on the Wallaby Wanker. Dazing Strike vs AC: 1d20+12 29 1d4+7+2d8 13 damage, and the Wallaby Wanker is Dazed UEOMNT.
Move: Move to cut off the fleeing priest.

pre:
K'atya Duskryn
Surges: 8/8 (V: 8)	Fort:	12 	Deft Strike	[ ] Second Wind		[ ] Handspring Assault
Init: +5; Speed: 6	Ref:	18	Sly Flourish	[ ] Dazing Strike
P.I.: 11; P.P.: 11	Will:	13			[ ] Cloud of Darkness

Passives:

Klungar fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Sep 24, 2016

Covok
May 27, 2013

Roll20 Link

Holy Resilience*, Immediate Reaction: Save vs Immobilized: 1d20 = 16, Saved

"Get out of my way, you fiend!" With a move of his hand and a blast of light, this old codger shows he ain't just some fool. Frankly, he's probably the most capable of the bunch considering he decided to get help first.

Results: 21 vs Reflex, hit. Damage 18, target marked prone and pushed 1 square.

This guy is a man on a mission. Guess he isn't ready for the flame. Or Dorluh, if we're going to be honest: the flame nonsense is too good to be true.

Muck is up next.

*refluffed monster

Covok fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Sep 26, 2016

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Muck
Campaign Cheat Sheet

The recently revitalized Muck was ready to spring to his feet and get to stabbing, when suddenly his entire life is plunged back into darkness. If he were the superstitious sort he'd probably have given way to fear that he'd been swallowed up into Dolurrh ahead of his time in retaliation for attacking the clergy, but cooler minds prevail and Muck gets back into the swing of things immediately.

Slinking silently from the ground, Muck flits his way around the new cloud of darkness, his foot stepping roughly on the face of the unconscious priest as he shuffles his way around. In what he things is a good position to strike from, Muck launches himself into the air his garotte posed to strike, only to find he has misjudged the distance and strangled only open air.

Cursing himself for a fool, Muck takes a quick glance up and down the corridor to avail the situations, and on seeing the priest heading for the stairwell, Muck decides to give him some second thoughts about fleeing from the fray. A shrill whistle echoes through the basement from out between Muck's fangs, his voice heard clearly in the momentary quelling of the scuffle's sound "Murdock! Faithman come your way, rip his head off."

pre:
Muck

HP: 21/28 (BV: 14)	AC:	17 	Passive Insight: 12
Surges: 9/10 (V:7)	Fort:	15 	Passive Perception: 12
Initiative: 6		Ref:	16	Vision: Darkvision

[x] Assassin's Strike
	          [ ] Hidden Lore
	          [ ] Mind Shadows

Passives:

quote:

Move: Stand from Prone. Stealth at the end of a Move action in total concealment 17 Muck is hidden.
Standard: Garotte Strangle- Muck shifts 2 squares and attacks the Thug- 9 vs reflex ain't cutting it Hidden breaks. Total Concealment! :argh:
Free Action: Drop Garotte
Free Action: Quickswap: Draw rapier and then draw dagger.
Minor: Skill test to coerce the priest into staying- 22 bluff Seeing if I can't keep in on the map another turn out of pure caution of moving into the clutches of another of the brigands invading his church.

Not a lot of creative juice today, so just a tiny post :v:.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Sep 30, 2016

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

K'atya Duskryn

Battered and bruised, K'atya still has the presence of mind to reach out and slice at the fleeing priest's legs as he runs past her. "You clearly don't know who you are dealing with if you think you can get rid of me this easily."

Opportunity Attack: OA on the fleeing priest. Melee Basic Attack vs AC: 1d20+8 28 (Crit) 1d4+3 7

pre:
K'atya Duskryn
HP: 14/32 (BV: 16)	AC:	17 	At Will		Encounter		Daily
Init: +5; Speed: 6	Ref:	18	Sly Flourish	[X] Dazing Strike
P.I.: 11; P.P.: 11	Will:	13			[X] Cloud of Darkness

Passives:

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Ghesh

Ghesh stands up from his awkward faceplant, and nods at Faraday. He charges forward towards the only enemy he sees - some hapless priest - and swings for the man's stomach. "Ghesh is sorry for this, faithman. Big misunderstanding! But is question of blood now, and Ghesh is good at blood questions, yes."

Move: Stand up.
Standard: Charge to hit the priest near Muck with Howling Strike for 1d20+9=12. Miss. Take 5 damage from firezone.

pre:
Ghesh   						 
HP: 20/25 (THP: )        AC:   15    Passive Insight: 10
Surges: 8/8 (V: 6)       For:  18    Passive Perception: 15
Initiative: +1   	 Ref:  13    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6     	         Will: 13    Vision: Normal

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Howling Strike          [ ] Dragonfear                       [ ] Rage Drake's Frenzy
Pressing Strike         [ ] Escalating Violence                   
                        [ ] Iron Wolf Charge        
                        [ ] Roar of Triumph
                        [ ] Second Wind

Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Flail Expertise: Choose to knock enemies prone instead of sliding.
Thaneborn Triumph: When I bloody an enemy, get a bonus to next attack against that enemy.
Rampage: Once per round, on a crit, get a free MBA.

Wahad fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Sep 28, 2016

Covok
May 27, 2013

Roll20 Link

"Hey, open that door!"

The big palooka things he can break that door down. Seems to be his only strategy in life: bluster forward loudly and make a fool of himself. Too many people like that in the world. They're big in business and government. Probably the reason this world has gone to poo poo.

1d20 + 10 Athletics check vs Alli's Passive Athletics of 14 = 3 + 10 = 13 vs 14, fail

Looks like the strategy didn't pay off. That door didn't budge a bit. All force, no reward: good metaphor for anyone with an ideal in this city who tries to make it a reality.

The priest stops dead in his tracks when Muck lies about someone waiting for him. "You fiends. You really thought of everything, didn't you?" The priest turns back to the battle he was about to escape. "Little one, I don't know how you feel so far from grace, but this, this coordinated attack against a peaceful church is deplorable. We will defend ourselves, but we will not kill you. We will abide by the law and see you brought to justice. I apologize for what is about to happen, but it would have been easier if you just let me leave alive."

Real holier than thou type here.

Covok fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Sep 30, 2016

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Muck
Campaign Cheat Sheet

Muck cackles at the priest's protestations "Faithmen follow the law yes? Then why faithmens smuggle booze? Flamemen lie about everything, no kindness for you." Hopping back and forth on his feet, Muck continues to titter and guffaw at the man's hypocrisy, clearly not interested in what the priest has to say in his own defense.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Alli Windham

"Okay~!!" Alli says, affecting a bubbly tone. She flings the door open and immediately bashes the two young priests in the head with the butt end of her crossbow, knocking them out cold before leaping back and firing a bolt at the thug, striking him in the arm. "HEY! DOWN HERE GUYS!!!" she yells to her companions before looking over at the thug, saying coldly, "Them two can sleep, but your pig-rear end can fuckin' die."

Minor: open door
Move: shift W 1sq.
Standard: Rapid Shot vs AC: 1d20+8 25 1d20+8 19 1d20+8 22 (from top to bottom) 1d10+6 8 damage (nonlethal on the priests)

I reflavored rapid shot to bashing the priests for narrative purposes, hope that's ok!

pre:
Alli Windham
HP: 18/23		AC:	17 	Passive Insight: 12
Speed: 6		Will:	14	Action Points: 1

Twin Strike

Stances:
	by moving

Passives:
	extended rest.

Look Around You fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Sep 30, 2016

Niel
Mar 5, 2013

Faraday Cage

"...Coordinated attack?" Faraday blinks for a moment, and feels confused and vaguely guilty about what exactly's going on. But, he supposed he still had a job to do. He steps over one of the unconscious priests, and takes a strike at the guy in there... and misses. He does manage to place an Aegis on him, though.

Move Action: Move into the cloud.
Standard Action: Use Sword Burst.
Minor Action: Mark the thug in the darkness with Aegis of Shielding.

Sword Burst vs Reflex: 1d20+5 13 1d6+4 8 - Miss.

pre:
Faraday Cage

Passives:

Niel fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Oct 10, 2016

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Garrod Stormbrewer

From down the hall, I hear Alli shouting for us. There's our girl, I thought. I push past the thug in the doorway, only to see K'atya bleeding to my north. Still feeling energized from earlier, I cry at her,

"C'mon now, on your feet. This is almost over."

Satisfied after seeing her wounds begin to heal from the divine energy, I continue my run towards Alli, just in time to hear her mention a death threat to the sole thug left standing on her end. A cold threat at that, the kind that you tend to follow through on, no matter what anyone says. Didn't mean I shouldn't try.

"No bodies until I know what's going on here, lass!"

Move: Run 7 squares towards Alli, triggers OA from hallway thug with CA because I ran. Niel pointed out the Wallaby Wanker is dazed because of K'atya, so he can't OA me.
Minor: Healing Word on K'atya, Surge + 1d6 + 5 HP and +2 to her attack rolls until EOMNT
Standard: Run another 7 squares towards Alli.

I'm tapped on healing for this encounter. Edit: Added a small bit about asking Alli (and as an ineffectual side product Muck) to not murder this shmuck.

pre:
General

Passives
Stand Your Ground: [Can move one less square when forced to move, can make a saving throw when knocked prone to stay standing]
Battle Cleric's Lore: [+2 shield AC, whenever a cleric healing power allows a target to spend a healing surge, target +2 attack rolls until EOMNT]

At-Will
Brand of the Sun: [Melee v. AC, +7, 1d12+6 radiant, self or ally within 5 can make saving throw] 
Lance of Faith: [Ranged 5 v. Reflex, 1d8+6 radiant, ally within sight +2 power bonus to next attack roll against target]

Encounter
[ ] Second Wind [ ] Guardian's Counter [x] [x] Healing Word

Daily
[x] Beacon of Hope

Effects
Run: -5 Attack/Grant CA until SOMNT

Inventory
Urgrosh, Scale Armor, Ritual Book, Holy Symbol, Adventurer's Kit, Bottle of Wine, Pitcher of Ale (22)

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Oct 1, 2016

Covok
May 27, 2013

Roll20 Link

Two more men of cloth, young and likely idealistic, are knocked down by the huntress, without a care. Not to Dorlurrh, not yet. I guess you felt like showing mercy. Maybe you do got a soul. Oh, wait, you just broke into a church and beat up a bunch of priests: probably hurts you on the soul business.

"Oi, I feel like I got a gutful of piss. My head is all shaky and I be seeing kaolas everywhere. If I could just concentrate, I could do a harlod holt, but, oi, gently caress it: I'm going to punch this lizard in the mouth, you wanker!"

Results: 8

"Woah!" Looks like the offensive sterotype isn't the best on his feet and has fallen on his stupid face.

He is now prone.

Hey, blue guy, do you really hate the silver flame that much you feel okay beating up a bunch of people who had nothing to do with what happened to you? Just asking.

K'atya goes next.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

K'atya Duskryn

"It would have been easier if we had just picked the right church to crash in the first place, is more like it. I ain't wanting to hurt you, Father, unlike Dingo Dick Devourer over here, who I definitely do want to hurt, but you ain't leaving me with a whole lotta options at this point. Can't you just stop and let us get the gently caress out of here so we can both get back to our illegal activities in peace?"

Free: Get dat healing. Healing Surge: 1d6+13 18 hit points
Move: Stand up.
Standard: Sly Flourish on Dingo Dick Devourer. Sly Flourish vs AC: 1d20+14 27 1d4+9+2d8 22 damage
Free: :siren: Action Point! :siren:
Standard: Charge at the gullible priest. Handspring Assault vs AC: 1d20+13 15 3d4]+6 11
No Action: Activate Inevitable Strike. Roll the attack roll again.
Handspring Assault vs AC: 1d20+13 19 3d4+6 11 damage, and I slide behind the priest.

pre:
K'atya Duskryn
Surges: 7/8 (V: 8)	Fort:	12 	Deft Strike	[ ] Second Wind		[X] Handspring Assault
Action Point: 1 [X]; Vision: Darkvision			[X] Inevitable Strike

Passives:

Klungar fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Oct 1, 2016

Covok
May 27, 2013

Roll20 Link

"I know not what drove you to this life, but I feel sorry for your fall." Man, this priest sounds like the only pious one of the bunch: shocked one in this city exists. "Perhaps it was the unrightful persecution of your people or the crippling hand of poverty. Maybe misguided revenged against others who wear our banner falsely. Whatever it may be, I forgive you, but know that I will defend what remains of my flock." poo poo, starting to root for this guy. Nah, gently caress it, dude probably is a piece of poo poo like all of us. Just markets himself better.

The old codger staff looks pretty powerful. Too bad the guy missed. Results = 13 Bad time to whiff.

He ain't getting a second go around. You going to claim another life out of pettiness and spite?

It's muck's turn now.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Muck
Campaign Cheat Sheet

Frustrated with his failed garotte attack not moments ago and quite frankly not pleased with their unprofessional demeanor of the hired help these priests were keeping, Muck hauls himself onto the prone form of the Dura Thug, sending his blades whipping about in an ineffectual flurry, his irritation dulling his honed combat training. Not making any progress with traditional means, Muck turns to the more natural weapons at his disposal; a quick distracting stab with his dagger at the gut draws the Thug's guard lower and Muck's mouth darts forward, fangs finding purchase in the Thug's throat.

Before he has even had time to unclench his jaw, Muck's form fades from view, the only indicator of his presence the rivulets of blood falling from his mouth in a trail along the ground as he takes off running down the hallway to come to K'atya's aid. Skidding to a stop behind the priest Muck snarls "Faithman not gonna like what happen next" Muck gives the man an ineffectual slap to the side with his rapier in an attempt to draw the man's attention and quickly follows the insult up; a guttural sound emanating from midair as Muck draws a mixture of saliva and blood into his mouth, followed by a splat as he spits the glob onto the priest's robes.

pre:
Muck

[x] Assassin's Strike
	          [x] Hidden Lore
	          [ ] Mind Shadows

Passives:
Ran: -5 to all attack rolls until SomnT
Ran: Granting CA
Invisible: Total Concealment vs ranged and melee attacks (-5 to hit)

quote:

Standard: MBA vs Thug's AC: 22 hits for a total of 18 damage (Lethal). Confirmed with Covok it killed him via Discord. Refluffed to teeth because hey why not.
Free: Hidden Lore- Muck becomes invisible until the end of his next turn.
Move: Run to flanking position with K'atya.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Oct 2, 2016

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Ghesh

Ghesh moves past the bodies of the downed churchfolk and sees two things. Muck and K'atya dealing with one man, and Alli, having dealt with two and trying to deal with one more. So he runs to Alli's aid, but the thug sees him coming and ducks the blow.

Move: Move to the left.
Standard: Move further left.

Action Point!

Standard: Charge remaining thug near Alli with Howling Strike at 1d20+9=13. Miss again.

pre:
Ghesh   						 
Initiative: +1   	 Ref:  13    Action Points: 1

Howling Strike          [ ] Dragonfear                       [ ] Rage Drake's Frenzy
                        [ ] Iron Wolf Charge        
                        [ ] Roar of Triumph
                        [ ] Second Wind

Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Thaneborn Triumph: When I bloody an enemy, get a bonus to next attack against that enemy.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Roll20 Link.

You are a disgusting creature, Muck. What an appropriate name for a foul piece of poo poo like yourself. That guy may have been an Australian hillby, but that's cold. This isn't Ash vs the Evil Dead, this is real life. That ain't corn syrup and water on your face, that's his blood. You monster. You know, I'm not idealistic enough to believe in karma, but I do hope you get your comeupance. Soon, hopefully, Really, really soon.

Oh, looks like the guards are still willing to help despite are their charges being out cold...and dead.

"Hey, bitch, how about you pick on someone your own size, huh? Break into their home? Hurt them? You're about to get your face re-arranged, oval office!"

Results: 16

Well, all boasts and no buster, as they say. It's not like emotions get you anywhere. Or passions. You can care about something all you want, but facts are facts. Maybe this guy should have learned shouting don't give you super strength. This ain't some kid's comic book.

Ali is next

Covok fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Oct 3, 2016

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Alli Windham

"Oh gently caress off you punk rear end bitch," Alli growls as she fires two bolts in quick succession, one missing wide while the other strikes the thug right in the groin.

[Move: Shift W 1sq.
Standard: Twin Strike vs AC: 1d20+10 15 1d10+1 7 1d20+10 29 1d10+1 5 = 5 damage
Free: Shift W 1sq.

pre:
Alli Windham
HP: 18/23		AC:	17 	Passive Insight: 12
Speed: 6		Will:	14	Action Points: 1

Twin Strike

Stances:
	by moving

Passives:
	extended rest.

Look Around You fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Oct 3, 2016

Niel
Mar 5, 2013

Faraday Cage

Faraday was more than a little abhorred watching Muck eat the Australian's throat out, and for a moment his body couldn't decide whether he should cry or dry-heave. But he then sees Muck go up to the final remaining priest, and being fairly terrified at this point, he decides to try to get him before Muck can.

"It is... probably in your best interest to consider going down..." Faraday tries to make it sound like an order, but it comes out a bit more like a plea.

Move Action: Move up.
Standard Action: Charge, and use an MBA on the remaining priest.

Melee Basic Attack (Charge) vs AC: 1d20+8+1 17 1d8+5 7 - Hit for 7 damage, nonlethal if that applies.

pre:
Faraday Cage

Passives:

Niel fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Oct 10, 2016

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Garrod Stormbrewer

Wincing as I see Alli's bolt hit the poor man in the groin, I double up on his pain by sending a ray of light into the thug's back that has him shining nice and bright. Bright enough that our resident lizardman can hopefully land a strike. I give a nod to Ghesh, motioning for him to take the final blow.

"All yours, lad. Without leaving him dead, if you would."

I was almost certain there was a gurgling coming from behind me that was going to be a source of frustration in a few seconds, but I would ignore it. For now.

Move: Get closer to the Thug.
Standard: Axe of Faith v. Thug (Reflex 16): 1d20+5 16 1d8+6 14 non-lethal Radiant Damage, +2 to Ghesh's next attack roll against the Thug

pre:
General

Passives

At-Will

Encounter
[ ] Second Wind [ ] Guardian's Counter [x] [x] Healing Word

Daily
[x] Beacon of Hope

Effects
Run: -5 Attack/Grant CA until SOMNT

Inventory

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

K'atya Duskryn

Thank the Traveler, this travesty was almost over. K'atya had nothing against the clergy; if anything, they were the one group she could rely on for any compassion while living on the streets of Stormreach. Sure, some of the priests were more taken by passion with her than compassion, but on the whole they were alright, and those that weren't learned quickly that she was more wolf than sheep.

Still, the only way out of this mess was through the last remaining priest, and if K'atya didn't end this quickly, who knows what Muck might do.

"Your flock has left you, Father, and soon, so shall we. They will return to you in time, but you won't see us again. Rest, for the night, in peace."

Standard: Sly Flourish on Final Father. Sly Flourish vs AC: 1d20+12 25 1d4+8+2d8 22 damage

pre:
K'atya Duskryn
Surges: 7/8 (V: 8)	Fort:	12 	Deft Strike	[ ] Second Wind		[X] Handspring Assault
Action Point: 1 [X]; Vision: Darkvision			[X] Inevitable Strike

Passives:

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Muck
Campaign Cheat Sheet

Just as soon as Faraday and K'atya have taken care of the priest, Muck's tiny feet are click clacking along the absurdly long hallways of the underchurch. Seeing that Alli and company have their rude miscreant under control, Muck decides to take a peek in on the last of those present. Skidding to a stop at the immobile form of the napping guard, Muck's face splits into a wide grin and he fades back into visibility, his blood flecked scales and gleaming teeth the most prominent of his features in the poorly lit kitchen "Hello napman! Kobold here to tell you things are OK, go back to sleep. No deadmens at all to worry about."

Muck doesn't exactly strike the saintly truthful figure that he'd like to believe, but at this point he's just playing with his metaphorical food while he waits for the group to wrap things up, little plots on how to tamper with the crime scene to make things more amusing running through his mind.

pre:
Muck

[x] Assassin's Strike
	          [x] Hidden Lore
	          [ ] Mind Shadows

Passives:
Ran: -5 to all attack rolls until SomnT
Ran: Granting CA

quote:

Move: Run 8 squares
Move: Run 8 squares to be non-adjacent to the immobilized napper from earlier in the kitchen.
Minor:Rolled Bluff to choose how Muck addressed the dude [quote]An 8[/url] leads to unsettling reassurance :v:. I guess he has to make an opposed insight check to not believe my awful lie haha. I'm just being fluffy since combat is effectively over for Muck.
End of Turn: Hidden Lore fades and Muck is visible again.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Ghesh

Ghesh, angry with his ineffective strikes in this whole place, braces himself for a running start and runs at the doorway with a battle-cry and slams the man right in the back with his flail.

Move: Back up a bit.
Standard Charge thug with Howling Strike at 1d20+11=21. Hit for 2d6+1d6+6=15.

pre:
Ghesh   						 
Initiative: +1   	 Ref:  13    Action Points: 0

[ ] Iron Wolf Charge        
                        [ ] Roar of Triumph
                        [ ] Second Wind

Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:

Covok
May 27, 2013

"Alright, alright, you loving cuntbags, I get it when I've been beaten. You whores are a rotten lot of fuckers and thieves, but I ain't planning on getting killed over this." Colorful mouth on this piece of poo poo. Probably a defense mechanism. A way to protect his machismo from reality. "drat, you loving bit his neck out, you loving sluts. The fat lot of you deserve to get worse, bitches!"

Despite all his screaming and grandstanding, he's kneeling down and placing his hands behind his head: he surrendered. So, Ali, what are you going to do? You want to kill him, you can easily coup d'eta him, what do you do? You going to prove him right by killing him or play judge, jury, and executioner for having a rotten mouth? Looking forward for both of us finding out where you fit on the psychopath spectrum.

Combat is over.

The fight is worth 828 XP total. Everyone receives 138 XP each, if we have six people, and 166 XP, if we have five people.

You also find about 300 SP, a holy symbol of the silver flame (may turn undead (PH1 pg 62) once per day), and 3 potions of healing

Covok fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Oct 8, 2016

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Alli Windham

Alli calmly walks over to the thug and kicks him in the groin as hard as she can. After he crumples to the ground puts a bolt through the back of his head, killing him instantly.

"Fuckin' pig," she says as she slings her crossbow back over her shoulder. "Anyways, we needs ta get the gently caress up out of here before the one time get here," she adds, already hustling back to the window they came from. She tosses a grappling hook with rope attached up into the window and climbs out, waiting outside for the rest of the party before pulling the rope up and stowing it in her pack again.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Muck
Campaign Cheat Sheet

In the kitchen Muck gives the mildly paralyzed guard a pat on the cheek "Bye bye napman, have good day!" Stepping out into the hallway he barks a small laugh and claps in Alli's direction "Alli! Knock things over more when we being sneaky, it fun!"

Strolling into the now demolished bottle storage room, Muck snags the tail ends of his oversized scarf dangling from the window and hauls himself up and out of the dank basement.

As he waits in the alleyway keeping an eye out, Muck paws through his pack and pulls one of the expensive bottles of booze out, when K'atya makes her appearance he proffers it "Good distracting, your cuts." Muck gives his little pack a quick jingle "We gots some shinies to spread out too."

quote:

I guess we go pay a visit to the church that actually has a drug lab in the basement :v:.

K'atya gets one of the booze bottles, I've added it on to her purse in the cheat sheet already.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Garrod Stormbrewer

I exhale very audibly as Alli finishes off the thug. Two bodies in a sacred place. Might not have been priests, nor a temple of my own goddess, but it still left a sour taste in my mouth. Girl was right though; we had to move before any more trouble showed up. Disappointment and lecturing could wait until we were in a safe place. I scamper up the grappling rope dropped by Alli, and climb through the window.

Outside in the streets, I wait for everyone to make their way through, keeping an ear out for anything out of place. Once the last person comes through, I say,

"Right, first things first: someone explain why we just started a fight in that temple, and please tell me the answer is 'this was the temple we were looking for,' because otherwise I'm going to get a worse headache than I already have."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Alli Windham

"Wellllll... not exactly..." Alli reluctantly says. She hastily adds, "Though they was doin shady poo poo anyways! Illegally shippin' wine to Thrane. Them priests aren't as holy as they let on. And anyway that fuckin' prick swung at me first!"

• Locked thread