Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?

Bruno

Initiative: 1d20+4 12
Melee Basic Attack vs AC (+1 charging +2 CA): 1d20+11 14 2d4+5 11

pre:
Bruno

HP: 33/33 (BV: 16)	AC:	19-21 	Passive Insight: 11
Surges: 8/8 (V:8)	Fort:	17 	Passive Perception: 16
Initiative: +4		Ref:	17	Vision: Low-light
Speed: 6		Will:	12	Action Points: 1
Languages: Common, Giant

Falchion: 1d20+8; 2d4+5
Javelin: 1d20+6; 1d6+4

At Will			Encounter		Daily
Stalk & Strike		[ ] Second Wind		[ ] Thunder Hooves Rage
Run Down		[ ] Vicious Assault	
Vengeful Guardian	[ ] Furious Assault	
Defender Aura		[ ] Batter Down

Passives:
Half-orc Resilience: 5/tier temporary hitpoints when first bloodied
Swift Charge: +2 speed while charging

ITEMS
Gouge, Adventurer's Kit, Ghoul Candle, Hurler-Snatcher, 
Lantern, Bull's-Eye, Filter mask, Oil (1 pint) (10), 
Miner's helmet, Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing), Blessed Soil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

K'atya Duskryn

K'atya sighs an inward sigh of relief at the bumbling of the Kobold: looks like she doesn't yet have reason to worry about being replaced. As her partners drop from the catwalk, she flips gracefully in the air, and deftly throws a knife inbetween the eyes of the nearby goblin lackey, dropping him as well, further reddening the drugs at his side, before her own feet touch the floor.

Initiative: 1d20+5 9
Standard: Deft Strike against Goblin 3. Jump over the railing to the ground before the attack: Acrobatics: 1d20+10 22. Deft Strike vs AC: 1d20+12 26 1d4+7+2d8 27 damage

pre:
K'atya Duskryn
HP: 32/32 (BV: 16)	AC:	17 	At Will		Encounter		Daily
Surges: 8/8 (V: 8)	Fort:	12 	Deft Strike	[ ] Second Wind		[ ] Handspring Assault
Init: +5; Speed: 6	Ref:	18	Sly Flourish	[ ] Dazing Strike
P.I.: 11; P.P.: 11	Will:	13			[ ] Cloud of Darkness
Action Point: 1 [ ]; Vision: Darkvision			[ ] Inevitable Strike
Languages: Common, Elven, Primordial

Passives:
Artful Dodger: +2 AC vs Opportunity Attacks
First Strike: Have CA against targets who have not acted
Thieves' Tools: +2 to Thievery to Open Lock/Disable Trap

Klungar fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Aug 31, 2016

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Roll20 Link

Looks like everyone did their surprise action, but didn't roll damage. I'll apply what damage has been rolled for what would hit, ask for damage from those who hit and didn't roll.

I put their defenses in their name, and marked them with a number for easy referencing.

The first turn up on the initiative order is Muck.

Fake Edit: Looks like Klungar and Slyingdoor attacked dead men. I'll allow you to keep those results and use them against anyone you could have hit on that surprise round, since I was too slow to update things.

Ghesh and Garrod got the killing blow on the hobgolbins respectively, I'll let you guys describe what happened and if you even killed them on your own.

As a reminder, you can just say "I don't kill them" when dealing the last hp of damage in 4e to deal subdual damage.

Covok fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Aug 31, 2016

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Garrod Stormbrewer

Surprised by the outburst of battlecries, the hobgoblin looks up only to be struck by both of Alli's bolts. He rears back with a grunt, reaching to break them off until he realizes that I'm leaping down. Before he can move out of the way, the axe end of my urgrosh sinks into his shoulder, forced deeper with my weight pressing upon it. Letting out a pained gasp, the hobgoblin collapses to the floor, bleeding heavily. At first I worried that I had cut too deep, but a quick examination showed him merely unconscious, still breathing. While I was sure that I would have to dirty my hands eventually, one way or another, I intended on keeping them clean as long as I could. Well, as clean as you could down here in Lower Dura. Tugging my weapon free, I glance up as the others drop with me, prepared to follow up where necessary.

pre:
Garrod Stormbrewer

General
HP: 30/30 (BV: 15) Surges: 11/11 (V: 7)
AC: 20 Fort: 15 Ref: 11 Will: 17
Initiative: -1; Speed: 5
Passive Insight: 19; Passive Perception: 14
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven; Action Points: 1; Vision: Low-Light

Passives
Stand Your Ground: [Can move one less square when forced to move, can make a saving throw when knocked prone to stay standing]
Cast-Iron Stomach: [+5 to poison saving throws]
Battle Cleric's Lore: [+2 shield AC, whenever a cleric healing power allows a target to spend a healing surge, target +2 attack rolls until EOMNT]

At-Will
Melee Basic: [+7 v. AC, 1d12+4]
Brand of the Sun: [Melee v. AC, +7, 1d12+6 radiant, self or ally within 5 can make saving throw] 
Lance of Faith: [Ranged 5 v. Reflex, 1d8+6 radiant, ally within sight +2 power bonus to next attack roll against target]

Encounter
[ ] Second Wind [ ] Guardian's Counter [ ] [ ] Healing Word
[ ] Earthen Hail[ ] Favor of the Gods/Turn Undead

Daily
[ ] Beacon of Hope

Inventory
Urgrosh, Scale Armor, Ritual Book, Holy Symbol, Adventurer's Kit, Bottle of Wine, Pitcher of Ale (25)

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Muck

Muck's body buckles under the recoil of Ghesh's might blow, his garotte unwinding from around the hobgoblin's throat as he flies a few feet backward. Something churns in the pit of Muck's stomach as the light of life leaves the hobgoblin's eyes, and in the time it takes for the corpse to hit the floor Muck has vanished completely.

Unsure of why he can't see himself anymore, but having seen stranger things while under the influence, Muck takes off at a brisk trot around the side of the crates toward one of the lone goblins. Having made his way up to the annoying thing, Muck aimed to do a repeat performance of his work on the hobgoblin, however, the handles of his garotte were slick with blood from the now dead goblinoid.

Clicking his tongue in annoyance, Muck takes a step back and tightens his grip on the leafy shape of the handles, the points biting into his palms, and lashes out at the goblin again, latching on to the thing's neck with a death grip via wire.

pre:
Muck

HP: 28/28 (BV: 14)	AC:	16 	Passive Insight: 12
Surges: 10/10 (V:7)	Fort:	15 	Passive Perception: 12
Initiative: 19		Ref:	15	Vision: Darkvision
Speed: 6		Will:	14	Action Points: 0
Languages: Common, Draconic

At Will		  Encounter		  Daily
Quick Lunge	  [ ] Second Wind	  Prepared Poison 1/1
Poisoned Dagger	  [x] Skulking Spy        [ ] Bloodroot
Garrote Strangle  [ ] Shifty Maneuver 		
		  [x] Assassin's Strike
	          [x] Hidden Lore
	          [ ] Mind Shadows

Passives:
Attack Finesse: Add 1d8 to a damage roll once per turn.
Kobold- +2 defenses vs Traps.
Invisible Until End of Next Turn- Total Concealment -5 to attacks against Muck, don't provoke OAs, CA against anyone that can't see me.

quote:

On dying the Hobgoblin activates Muck's free action Hidden Lore, Muck becomes invisible until the end of his next turn.
Move Action: Skulking Spy- Muck shifts his speed to Goblin 2 and makes a stealth check if he has any cover or concealment
Stealth Check: 14 Beats Goblin 2's passive perception via discord confirmation.
Standard: Garotte Strangle vs Goblin 2 14 vs Reflex misses I was looking at the wrong statblock when I asked Covok to deal damage.
Action Point: Garotte Strangle again vs Goblin 2 :argh:21 vs Reflex hits for 14 total damage from the garotte and attack finesse.

Goblin is Grabbed and takes a -2 to attacks against me and can make an escape attempt with their move action on their turn.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Aug 31, 2016

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Alli shifts her tactics, going on the lookout for enemies isolated from their friends. She finds one in the back of the room and shoots a bolt right to his ankle, causing him to crumple to the ground in pain. "In the back, he's down! Get his rear end before he gets up and gets away to warn the others!" she shouts at her companions.

Move: None
Minor: Switch to Aspect of the Dancing Serpent
Standard: Clever Shot [vs AC] Goblin 1: 1d20+10 18 1d10+6 12 +1 to attack and damage due to Aspect of the Dancing Serpent = 19 to hit and 13 damage and they are also also knocked prone

pre:
Alli Windham
HP: 23/23		AC:	17 	Passive Insight: 12
Surges: 6/6 (V: 5)	Fort:	13 	Passive Perception: 17
Initiative: +13*	Ref:	18	Vision: Normal
Speed: 6		Will:	14	Action Points: 1
Stealth: +10
Languages: Common, Elven
* With Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx

Superior Crossbow: +10, 1d10+6 (Load Minor, Ranged 20/40)
Longsword +10, 1d8+2 (Versatile)

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Aimed Shot		[ ] Second Wind
Clever Shot		[ ] Disruptive Shot
Rapid Shot
Twin Strike

Aspects of the Wild:
Aspect of the Dancing Serpent: Can shift 1 at end of turn as free action;
	+1 to attack and damage on MBA & RBA vs enemy w/ none of its allies adjacent
Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx: +4 to initiative; +2 to attack in first
	turn of encounter; +WIS power bonus to all defefnses against OAs provoked
	by moving

Passives:
Crossbow Hunter: Reload "load minor" crossbows with free action
Crossbow Expertise: Ignore enemy benefits of partial and superior cover 
Ambush Expertise: When I make a Stealth check, Allies in 10sq gain +2
 	to their next Stealth check until EOMNT
Watchful Rest: No -5 penalty to Perception checks while sleeping during
	extended rest.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Because Klungar redirected his attack to Goblin 3, Goblin 3 is out of the fight and its now Slydingdoor's turn.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?

Bruno

Time to KO another goblin... "This fight might even make our job harder..."

Melee Basic Attack vs AC (+1 charging): 1d20+9 28 2d4+5 10
vs Goblin 2

pre:
Bruno

HP: 33/33 (BV: 16)	AC:	19-21 	Passive Insight: 11
Surges: 8/8 (V:8)	Fort:	17 	Passive Perception: 16
Initiative: +4		Ref:	17	Vision: Low-light
Speed: 6		Will:	12	Action Points: 1
Languages: Common, Giant

Falchion: 1d20+8; 2d4+5
Javelin: 1d20+6; 1d6+4

At Will			Encounter		Daily
Stalk & Strike		[ ] Second Wind		[ ] Thunder Hooves Rage
Run Down		[ ] Vicious Assault	
Vengeful Guardian	[ ] Furious Assault	
Defender Aura		[ ] Batter Down

Passives:
Half-orc Resilience: 5/tier temporary hitpoints when first bloodied
Swift Charge: +2 speed while charging

ITEMS
Gouge, Adventurer's Kit, Ghoul Candle, Hurler-Snatcher, 
Lantern, Bull's-Eye, Filter mask, Oil (1 pint) (10), 
Miner's helmet, Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing), Blessed Soil
[/quote]

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Aug 31, 2016

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

K'atya Duskryn

Despite their initial bungling of the situation, and this being their first real foray into the field, Dirty Deeds was getting the deed done while avoiding getting dirty themselves in the process. The same could not be said for the last remaining goblin, who's life got snuffed out by K'atya's knife as he slumped into the snuff. "Sorry, slick, but your silence is literally golden for me."

Move: Move within range of Goblin 1.
Standard: Sly Flourish on Goblin 1. Sly Flourish vs AC: 1d20+12 30 1d4+9+2d8 20 damage

pre:
K'atya Duskryn
Surges: 8/8 (V: 8)	Fort:	12 	Deft Strike	[ ] Second Wind		[ ] Handspring Assault

Passives:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Roll20 Link

Klungar and Slyding door, you both got last hit on the goblins. Describe what ya do to them. Like, ya know, kill or subdual and such.

Wow, y'all got a violent streak befitting street scum like you. Guess you guys are just thugs. I knew you were, but, for a moment, I thought you might listen to the better angels of your nature. Don't know why I even bother having hope: Eberron ain't a place where anyone can afford such a luxury.

Hope you're happy. You gonna get your XP, GP, Levels...if it weren't for those guards from outside charging in. It was a bit of a loud scuffle. Hard not to hear outside.

They all roll initiative and join the order. Basically, wolf goes first next round and both hobgoblins go after Bruno.

"What the gently caress!?" that guard shouts out, "Where did you bastards come from? Todd, lets ice these assholes before they make off with our poo poo!"

"Come on, Fido, gently caress these guys up!"

Hobgoblin 3 runs to Garrod and lifts his flail to strike. 1d20+7 = 10 vs Garrod's AC. Miss.

Hobgoblin 4 runs to Ghesh and tries to sideswip the lizardman's face. 1d20+7 = 9 vs Ghesh's AC. Miss

"Aw, poo poo."

It is now Wahad's turn.

Covok fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Aug 31, 2016

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Ghesh

Ghesh laughs as the outside guards come charging in. The lizardman dodges out of the soft strike of the hob and dances around the creature, the flail still covered with the blood of the first kill swinging through the air. "Hah! You are weak! Come, bring your might to Ghesh, and cower!" The flail goes wide, but he doesn't care. This is his terrain. The others can do whatever else needs doing.

Standard: Shift two squares into Pressing Strike vs Hob 4 at 1d20+8=18. Miss.

pre:
Ghesh   						 
HP: 25/25 (THP: )        AC:   15    Passive Insight: 10
Surges: 8/8 (V: 6)       For:  18    Passive Perception: 15
Initiative: +1   	 Ref:  13    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6     	         Will: 13    Vision: Normal

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Howling Strike          [ ] Dragonfear                       [ ] Rage Drake's Frenzy
Pressing Strike         [ ] Escalating Violence                   
                        [ ] Iron Wolf Charge        
                        [ ] Roar of Triumph
                        [ ] Second Wind

Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Flail Expertise: Choose to knock enemies prone instead of sliding.
Thaneborn Triumph: When I bloody an enemy, get a bonus to next attack against that enemy.
Rampage: Once per round, on a crit, get a free MBA.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Garrod Stormbrewer

The hobgoblin's flail came close, if I was being polite. If I wasn't, then I'd say it was far from the best swing at me I'd seen in my lifetime. Didn't mean I wanted to be anywhere within reach of the drat thing though. But that armor of his looked like it could soak a blow or two, probably had really, and while the edge of my urgrosh was sharp it was an unwieldy weapon. Fortunately, brute force wasn't the only way I could use it. Before he can pull back his flail for another strike, I leap out of his reach, and send a streak of searing light out from my axe towards him, courtesy of my goddess. As it leaves him screeching, I keep an eye out for anyone who needs aid, particularly the drow.

Move: Shift up one square of OA range.
Standard: Lance Axe of Faith v. Hobgoblin 3 (Reflex 16): 1d20+5 21 1d8+4 7 Radiant and Alli gets a +2 to her next attack roll against Hobgoblin 3
Immediate Interrupt (Guardian's Counter): An ally within two squares gets hit with an attack that doesn't include me, we both shift two and swap positions, I become the target of the hit and can make a basic melee in return. Guardian's Counter (Basic Melee): 1d20+7 9 1d12+4 14
pre:
General
HP: 30/30 (BV: 15) Surges: 11/11 (V: 7)

Passives
Stand Your Ground: [Can move one less square when forced to move, can make a saving throw when knocked prone to stay standing]
Battle Cleric's Lore: [+2 shield AC, whenever a cleric healing power allows a target to spend a healing surge, target +2 attack rolls until EOMNT]

At-Will
Brand of the Sun: [Melee v. AC, +7, 1d12+6 radiant, self or ally within 5 can make saving throw] 
Lance of Faith: [Ranged 5 v. Reflex, 1d8+6 radiant, ally within sight +2 power bonus to next attack roll against target]

Encounter
[ ] Second Wind [?] Guardian's Counter [ ] [ ] Healing Word
[ ] Earthen Hail[ ] Favor of the Gods/Turn Undead

Daily
[ ] Beacon of Hope

Inventory
Urgrosh, Scale Armor, Ritual Book, Holy Symbol, Adventurer's Kit, Bottle of Wine, Pitcher of Ale (25)

Covok
May 27, 2013

Roll20 Link

That mutt looks ready for some flesh. Looks like lizard is on the menu as the drat dog charges at the lizard man. Got you in a pincer, it seems. You should pay attention more.

Dog bites Ghesh: 1d20 + 7 + 2 from CA = 16 vs AC = Hit! 1d6+2 = 8 damage and, due to CA, Ghesh is knocked prone.

Muck, you're up.

Covok fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Sep 2, 2016

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Muck

Another enemy is beaten to death as Muck dangles off their neck and just as the combat seems to be ending a whole new host of people show up to the party. Seeing as he's still invisible, Muck decides to take advantage of his ethereal state and bolts off toward the hobgoblin working in tandem with it's lupine pal.

Being invisible however has made Muck fail to notice one of the buckles on his armor working lose, a tiny clasp rattling around just loud enough that it draws the hobgoblin's attention, making the situation too risky for Muck to sneak up for another round of strangling.

His plans for an extended hug set aside, Muck drops the decorated garotte and draws his dagger and the small box of paste he had prepared earlier, applying the bloodroot to his dagger in a practiced motion. Stowing the box back on his belt Muck draws his rapier and creeps still technically unseen, placing his blade gently on the hobgoblins arm he draws it lightly back and the tiny nick he creates on the hob's skin does all the work as a terrible poison immediately begins to wrack the creature with pain.

pre:
Muck

HP: 28/28 (BV: 14)	AC:	17 	Passive Insight: 12
Initiative: 19		Ref:	16	Vision: Darkvision

Quick Lunge	  [ ] Second Wind	  Prepared Poison 0/1
Poisoned Dagger	  [x] Skulking Spy        [x] Bloodroot
		  [x] Assassin's Strike
	          [x] Hidden Lore
	          [ ] Mind Shadows

Passives:

quote:

Move action: Muck moves to flanking with Hobgoblin 4- Stealth check of 10 doesn't hide me from anyone's passive perception so I'm not hidden :v:.
Free Action: Drop garotte
Free Action: Quickswap- Draw rapier and then draw dagger
Minor: Blowing a daily and applying bloodroot to my dagger. Next target hit by the weapon takes 6 additional damage and is dazed(save ends).
Standard: Poisoned Dagger against Hobgoblin 4 20 vs AC hits for 6 damage, bloodroot deals an additional 6 damage and target is dazed(save ends). Attack finesse deals an additional 8 damage
Invisibility ends and Muck can be seen again.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Sep 2, 2016

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Alli loads a blunt-tipped bolt into her crossbow and takes careful aim at the nearest hobgoblin(3)'s head. The bolt flies true, hitting the hobgoblin square in the forehead, knocking him slightly off-balance and giving him at least a mild concussion.

Minor: None
Standard: Disruptive Shot vs AC on Hobgoblin[3]: 1d20+10 25 1d10+6 14. +1 to attack and damage due to Aspect of the Dancing Serpent = 26 to hit and 15 damage. The target is also dazed, save ends

pre:
Alli Windham

Clever Shot		[x] Disruptive Shot
Rapid Shot
Twin Strike

Aspects of the Wild:
	by moving

Passives:
	extended rest.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Roll20 Link

Hobgoblin resistance triggers as an immediate reaction. The hobgoblin may make a saving throw against a save ends effect.

1d20 = 12, Saved

"I don't know who you fuckers think you are, but this is suicide. The Daask are going to get your name, then you're all dead. Dead! You hear me? Dead!" that ugly hobglin cries, "If I don't kill you first!"

1d20 + 7 vs Muck's AC = 14 vs 17, miss

"Get over here, you little priest. Time for you to make a nice home in Dorluh."

1d20 + 7 vs Garrod's AC = Nat 20, 27 vs 20, hit and max damage. 14 damage and Garrod is marked and slowed until the end of the hobgoblin's next turn.

That looked like it hurt. You ready for Dorrluh yet? Nah, didn't think so. Try to do better.

Covok fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Sep 2, 2016

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

K'atya Duskryn

As distractions go, having Garrod's guts gashed by a gloating 'gob wasn't the greatest, but it would do. K'atya slips behind the hobgoblin, and slips her knife between it's ribs, smacking it in the head with the bolster of her other knife for good measure. "The thing about bells is, once you ring them the first time, the next ring comes that much easier. Ding dong, you're dead."

Move: Move to flank Hob 3 with Garrod.
Standard: Dazing Strike on Hob 3. Dazing Strike vs AC: 1d20+12 28 1d4+7+2d8 23 damage, and Hob 3 is Dazed until end of my next turn (no save).

pre:
K'atya Duskryn
Init: +5; Speed: 6	Ref:	18	Sly Flourish	[X] Dazing Strike

Passives:

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Ghesh

Ghesh stands up with a laugh. "Dead? Only one dead will be you!" His face twists into a hideous grin as he howls, a terrifying screech...which doesn't seem to impress the hobgoblin or the wolf at all. But the lizardman follows through with a swing of his flail - which the animal ducks expertly. Snarling with rage, Ghesh brings his flail down once again with more power behind the swing, a resounding crack coming from the wolf as it is struck.

Move: Stand up.
Minor: Dragonfear Hob 4 and Wolf at 2x1d20+7=8,12 which both miss.
Standard: Howling Strike vs Wolf at 1d20+8=11. Miss again.

ACTION POINT

Standard: Escalating Violence vs Wolf at 1d20+8=25. Finally hit for 4d6+6=19. I get +2 to attack and damage if I take damage before my next turn. Muck, being the only ally within 5, gets +2 to damage against the wolf.

pre:
Ghesh   						 
HP: 17/25 (THP: )        AC:   15    Passive Insight: 10
Surges: 8/8 (V: 6)       For:  18    Passive Perception: 15
Initiative: +1   	 Ref:  13    Action Points: 0
Speed: 6     	         Will: 13    Vision: Normal

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Howling Strike          [X] Dragonfear                       [ ] Rage Drake's Frenzy
Pressing Strike         [X] Escalating Violence                   
                        [ ] Iron Wolf Charge        
                        [ ] Roar of Triumph
                        [ ] Second Wind

Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Flail Expertise: Choose to knock enemies prone instead of sliding.
Thaneborn Triumph: When I bloody an enemy, get a bonus to next attack against that enemy.
Rampage: Once per round, on a crit, get a free MBA.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Muck

Muck snickers at the hobgoblin's outburst, casually stepping aside from the clumsy attack directed at him. Ghesh's screech and subsequent flattening of the wolf draws out another bark of laughter and Muck whips out his blade, delivering a playful smack with the flat of his rapier to the hobgoblin's cheek "This 'bold not good at dying! You show him how first!"

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Sep 2, 2016

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Garrod Stormbrewer

While Dol Arrah would always be the first I'd turn to in dire times, the others of the Host were still deserving of respect; drawing in a quick breath, my quick prayer to Balinor is answered as the weight of the earth slams into the hobgoblin, knocking him off his feet. The remaining power courses through both my body and K'atya's, leaving us harder to strike. Satisfied with my work, I carry the momentum onwards as I turn about, shooting another streak of light towards the remaining hobgoblin... but the sudden movement throws off my aim, and it just barely misses.

Minor: Favor of the Gods on Garrod; Reroll next missed attack before EOMNT
Standard: Earthen Hail v. Hobgoblin 3 (Fort 18): 2d20k1+7 23 1d12+6 8+4 = 12 damage; +2 AC/Fort to Garrod + K'atya until EOMNT
Move: Running to get into range of Hobgoblin 4

Action Point
Standard: Axe of Faith v. Hobgoblin 4 (Reflex 16): 2d20k1 15 1d8+6 12 So close! But not quite.
pre:
General
HP: 16/30 (BV: 15) Surges: 11/11 (V: 7)
AC: 20 22 Fort: 15 17 Ref: 11 Will: 17
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven; Action Points: 0; Vision: Low-Light

Passives

At-Will

Encounter
[ ] Second Wind [ ] Guardian's Counter [ ] [ ] Healing Word
[x] Earthen Hail[x] Favor of the Gods/Turn Undead

Daily
[ ] Beacon of Hope

Inventory

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Sep 2, 2016

Covok
May 27, 2013

Roll20 Link

That dog's growl is viscous. Now, I doubt the creature really gets the consequences of its action. Probably just trying to protect its owners. But, that won't stop you from hurting it, will you? Guess you don't much of a choice, especially...

Wolf bites Ghesh: 1d20 + 7 + 2 vs AC, 19+9 = 28 vs AC, hit: 1d6 + 2 damage = 7 damage and target is prone.

...with how close you are to knocking on Dorluh's door.

Muck's turn is up.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Muck

Having put the Hobgoblin on his guard with the playful blade slap to the face, Muck presses in and follows up on the motion. His dagger darts in from the left and as the Hobgoblin goes to move his weapon to block Muck spins on his heel and his rapier darts in from another angle taking the Hobgoblin straight through the unprotected neck meats.

Muck darts out of the way of the falling corpse and scampers his way over to the wolf currently in the process of attempting to disembowel the company muscle. Slashing his blade through the empty air, Muck splashes the blood of the wolf's dead master onto it and growls at the thing as he prepares to launch himself into another attack "You stop biting Ghesh! You gots bigger problems now."

pre:
Muck

Initiative: 19		Ref:	16	Vision: Darkvision

Poisoned Dagger	  [x] Skulking Spy        [x] Bloodroot
		  [x] Assassin's Strike
	          [x] Hidden Lore
	          [ ] Mind Shadows

Passives:

quote:

Assuming the hobgob 4 died seeing as the last attack I did of this caliber knocked it down to less than a quarter health, but if it's still alive miraculously we can roll me back :v:.

Standard: MBA vs Hobgoblin 4's AC 23 vs AC hits for 13 damage and an additional 6 damage from attack finesse.
Move: Gets me to the south of the wolf to set up CA for Ghesh if no one else attacks it first.

Alli is up.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Sep 3, 2016

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Upon seeing the wolf attack her friend, she unloads two bolts in rapid succession at it, striking it directly in the side, piercing its lungs with the first and its heart with the second. "Play dead," she says coldly, reloading her crossbow and and going on overwatch in case more hobgoblins burst through the door.

Minor: None
Standard: Twin Strike vs AC: 1d20+10 16 1d10+6 16 1d20+10 27 1d10+6 15. +1 to attack and damage to each due to Aspect of the Dancing Serpent = 17 and 28 to hit and 17+16 = 33 damage total.***

*** I am A Dumb and misread Twin Strike and added my dex bonus to it, which is wrong. Really did 21 damage! (Thanks ADP).

If combat is over, I'm changing back to Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx

---

"Is that it then, guys? Looks like a clean little raid. Let's take a look at their poo poo here," she says, hopping off the rafters and going over to inspect the table. She decides to leave inspecting the drugs to those who might know them better and instead searches for any paper that would have been left around on the table or in the boxes around it--shipping manifests or similar items.*

* Will I need a roll here?

---

pre:
Alli Windham

Clever Shot		[x] Disruptive Shot
Rapid Shot
Twin Strike

Aspects of the Wild:
	by moving

Passives:
	extended rest.
[/quote]

Covok
May 27, 2013

Battle is over. You each receive 205 XP. From the bodies, you find a total of 300 GP. You guys can start to move on from here.

Also, technically, we did a skill challenge and that counts as an encounter for the purposes of reaching milestones, so you guys all hit a milestone: get an AP.

Covok fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Sep 4, 2016

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Muck

Muck shakes his head as Alli utters a terrible one liner and takes a step back from the wolf, who has been peppered with bolts. That hadn't gone so terrible! Sure a few people had be a bit bloodied about the face, but that came with the mercenary business. Sheathing his blades, Muck congratulates himself on part of a job well done.

Cinching the clasp on his outfit that was jingling, Muck rolls up his sleeves and sets to work. Knocking on a few of the errant crates around the warehouse, he finds an empty one and begins to haul the confirmed dead toward the containers, frustrated with his feeble body Muck lets out a yap toward the group at large "Peoples Muck need help putting flabby gobs in box." Heaving with all of his might Muck has made little progress in actually loading corpses into the crate, one of the runty goblins awkwardly heaved up on his shoulders as he tries to leverage what little height he has toward the task.

Closing his eyes Muck begins to pull what little knowledge he has about the Daask from in his brain; turf tags and symbols carved into victims of gangland slayings fill his thoughts and Muck has the distinct feeling he's done something like this before. Putting his knowledge to use, Muck draws his dagger and begins to carve a large symbol into the side of the crate, the symbol made to look somewhat sketchy as though done by someone without intimate familiarity with the Daask.

Stepping back from the crate Muck examines his work and sets a finger to his snout in thought, he'd need a motive for this group of gobkin to be disposed of in such a fashion. Muck lingers for a few more moments and then inspiration strikes. Heading over to the work station of the goblins, Muck snatches up one of the prepared packages of drugs, after stuffing a few into his backpack for personal examination, and brings one of the packages up to the crate. A quick jab of the dagger sends a cascade of dragon's blood flowing into the crate and over the bodies of the occupants.

Nodding to himself Muck addresses the group "Muck want to drop crate in the river while it still dark" he thumps it on the side "draw attention away from here and to Daask or other gangs if them dead gobbos is found. Maybe Daask blame another gang for it" He runs a hand along the purposefully shoddy design as though to showcase it. Glancing over at the hobgoblin's who've been left alive Muck shrugs "Ask them the questions and toss'em in the box afters Muck guess? No lettin' them live since they seen us and them Daasks would come get us if they go home."

quote:

Streetwise DC5 1d20+0= 20 Asked Covok for a dc to know some Daask iconography in the discord.

Trying to frame another gang for trying to frame the Daask so the Daask doesn't go looking for us :v:.

I'd like to wait a few days to see how the Daask react, but I imagine once word gets out about this whole situation Terry will be harder to find or deal with, so going to see him ASAP may be prudent.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

K'atya Duskryn

Doing her best to ignore the majority of Musk's wet work, K'atya instead focuses on the sole remaining Hobgoblin, so they can get what they came here for and get out before anyone else comes sniffing around. "Unless you want to find out how hot a dragon's rear end in a top hat really is, you flaming piece of poo poo, you'll tell us what's in the drugs, and anything else we require."

Intimidate: 1d20+9 26

pre:
K'atya Duskryn
Action Point: 2 [ ]; Vision: Darkvision			[ ] Inevitable Strike

Passives:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Muck, the little devil, must think his little prank is cute. Bet he isn't considering the blood that will be spilt if everything goes according to plan. A brave man wouldn't be afraid of having the heat on them: a gang going after one person can have some collateral damage, but its generally personalized. A gang fighting another gang? Bloodbath. Not just amongst the gangbangers, but the innocents unfortunate enough to get a one way trip to Dorlluh by being in the middle of all this. It's always the poorest hit the hardest, of course. Its the nature of the beast, of this system that grinds good men into dust and lets evil control our fates.

But, yeah, good work. Hope you can sleep well at night.

Well, looks like you could hold back your disgusting thirst for blood for a moment and spare a life. They might be scum, but law and order exists for a reason: judge, jury, and executioner are meant to be separate people, not a mob of money grubbing mercs. Then again, the judge, jury, and executioner would all have been paid off by the same people, if this filth ever went to court, so its probably better this way.

A man who sees his co-workers and his dog killed is generally a shaken man. Few have the fortitude to stay strong in the face of such tragedy. Makes it easy for those who use fear as tools, that disgusting lot.

"I-I don't know what's in it," his voice is afraid and harried, "I just sell it. Listen, man, I'm small time: I don't know these things. All I know is that its imported from across the sea. We don't make it hear. It comes from another nation." I wonder if its the fire in your eyes or the fear in his soul that makes him continue. "Okay, okay, I know one thing, alright. One of the bosses said the name isn't misleading and it actually is made from dragon blood and stuff and that's why it can make sorcerer's better at spellcasting and stuff. I guess we must refine it and stuff. Oh come, please, I got a family, you know. I do this poo poo to help raise my kid, my daughter. You know how tough life is out here, I couldn't get her an education if I had an honest job. You know how hard it is for a goblinoid in this city. Come on, please, I'm not ready for Dorlluh* yet."

Pathetic, but so are you for using fear to get what you want. I wonder how different you all are from Daask, really, at the end of the day.

*Have I spelt this right/consistently even once?
DC 10 History to know what country they are most likely importing it from.
DC 20 Streetwise, if the above succeeds, gives you a good guess on how, as well.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Garrod Stormbrewer

My eyes turn down to the hobgoblin, and then at the rest of the bodies filling the warehouse. I had fully expected this line of work to get violent, but it was worse than I had anticipated. And what exactly was that kobold doing? Had he even considered the blood that could be spilled starting a war between two gangs? Didn't want the answer to that, thinking about it. I wouldn't have been pleased whether he said yes or no. But words could wait. First, had to deal with this guy. Smart answer would have been to leave no loose ends. Stick my axe back into him like the kobold said, and put him down for good. But if I wanted that, I wouldn't have left him alive to begin with.

"Go, 'fore I change my mind. We catch wind that you ratted us out, and you'll regret that I didn't let the drow here find a place between your ribs for her knife."

I motion with my head towards the exit, without bothering to watch if he left. Wanted to come at me for revenge, so be it. But doubted he would be that stupid with all of us still standing. Instead, I walk on over to Muck, my arms crossed. I take a look at the crate, and shake my head adamantly.

"You throw that in the river, and we end up with unnecessary blood on our hands, more than we already have; bunch of petty thugs are one thing, and I still intend on doing some charity work for what we've done here tonight. But we start a gang war, and I can't and don't want to count how many innocents are going to get caught up in it. Call me a fool with a bleeding heart if you'd like, 'cause you wouldn't be wrong, but I'll have no part in starting something like this."

Gang on Gang Violence (Streetwise DC 10): 1d20+1 11

pre:

General
HP: 16/30 (BV: 15) Surges: 11/11 (V: 7)

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Sep 5, 2016

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Muck

Muck sighs and rests his hand on the edge of the crate as Garrod has already lifted the metaphorical executioner's axe from over the hobgoblin's neck "Bleeding heart..." Hints of a growl form under Muck's breath and he spins on his heel, drawing his dagger in a smooth motion and going to hurl it, Garrod however had already moved much closer than Muck had anticipated and the kobold has to pull his arm to the side to avoid throwing a knife right into his co-worker's face, his knife planting in the wall as it zips by the hobgoblin's head.

Muck's fist clenches into a fist, his tiny frame an amusing sight as it vibrates with irritation "Lower Dura, everyone guilty of something! Gangfights is good for business and Muck want good business so he can leave this trash garbage!" The haze over Muck's mind pushes back as anger comes to the forefront, his voice strengthening a touch as he speaks "Muck not an idiot. Gang fights is good for work, drugmen want things to go back to normal, people want protection, gangmen die and peoples pick over the bodies and sell what they find. Muck been here his whole life, this just the cycle of scum."

A hefty kick is delivered to the side of the corpse crate as Muck relents "Muck see that you not built the same way for this line of work as him though, Muck doesn't have morals like you" scruples were defintely not a thing Muck was in possession of, if the gold was good Muck would do pretty much anything. A softer sigh escapes his gritted teeth "Muck don't have to dump bodies in the river, they go somewhere though, not professional for bodies everywhere for watchmens to find. It stupid to let the hobgoblin go, saw all our faces and tiny threats to life stop working when fellow gang is around."

quote:

Letting him go is a terrible idea! I could've cutscene killed him I suppose, but putting his life on the result of a die roll is amusing to me :v:.

RBA w/dagger vs Hobgoblin: 14 misses We're all doomed!

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Sep 5, 2016

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

K'atya Duskryn

"Somebody give me a name, and I'll tell you the rest. I've probably been on this rock longer than the rest of you, but that doesn't mean I've bothered to remember the past."

Streetwise: 1d20+7 26

pre:
K'atya Duskryn

Passives:

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Alli Windham

Alli, realizing what would happen if the hobgoblin gets away, turns and quickly shoots a bolt at the hobgoblin as he runs. She him square in the back of the neck, dropping him for good. "I wish we didn't have to do that... If he would have warned the others though, we'd be going back to a pile of smoldering rubble rather than a base. Sorry, Garrod."

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Garrod Stormbrewer

I stare for a while at the collapsed hobgoblin, at the bolt sticking out of his neck. Don't feel bad, I told myself. Whatever his reasons might have been, he was still aiding in peddling out drugs onto the streets. He was almost undoubtedly a lowlife who had ruined a lot of other people's lives, indirectly or directly. Had done my part, said my piece. The company had their best interests in mind, and I couldn't blame them for it. Didn't mean I had to be pleased about it, but I couldn't blame them.

"What's done is done, lass. Don't apologize for it. Let's just figure another plan to deal with these bodies, and then go find the minotaur 'fore any news of missing warehouse guards gets out."

It had already been quite the night, and it wasn't likely to be over yet. I let out a tired sigh, trying to piece together what knowledge I had of foreign nations to help out K'atya. Wasn't really my area of expertise. Foreign drink, now that was closer to home. But there was enough to worry about just in Lower Dura without keeping other countries in mind. Whether it was the stress of the situation, or a lack of information in general, I didn't have any sudden flashes of insight to offer.

Country of Import (DC 10 History): 1d20 4

pre:

General
HP: 30/30 (BV: 15) Surges: 9/11 (V: 7)

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Sep 6, 2016

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Muck

What irritation is remaining in Muck's tiny form dissipates in a barked laugh as Alli creates a pile of new of theoretical orphans, one of the situations resolved Muck pushes past Garrod and wrenches the bolt out of the hobgoblin's corpse, tossing it back up to Alli as he goes to reclaim his dagger from where it's stuck in the wall.

Mind still rolling at full speed from his little anger surge, Muck digs into his thoughts and begins to spew out a bevy of stilted yet relevant information to the situation at hand.

quote:

History of 12
Insight of 7 on the hobgoblin Muck wants to see how amused he is about the I have a wife and 3 kids cliché defence. If the hobgoblin actually had kids it's funnier to him. :devil:

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Sep 6, 2016

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Ghesh

Ghesh joins the impromptu wake for the recently deceased hob with a befuddled look in his eyes. "Ghesh not know what softskins babble about, but Ghesh know how to clean! Any one have fire?" The lizardman's legs look particularly battered from the continued assault of the wolf before it was killed, but he leans a little on Garrod to keep himself stable.

Well. Ghesh doesn't really know what y'all's are talking about, and he doesn't know much about other things either with a History of 1d20+1=7.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Alli Windham

"Lighting a fire in a warehouse ain't that good of an idea," Alli says. "Probably gets that Smegal guy a lot of unwanted attention, which pisses off our employer too. I say we just dump 'em in the river and let the cops figure it out.

edited for voice

Look Around You fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Sep 6, 2016

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Muck

His idea no longer viable due to the soft feelings of Garrod, Muck shrugs at Alli "Muck not care where bodies go now, just not here. Drag crate out into alley miles away to burn or dump them straight in filthy river, no difference."

Muck rolls his neck as he leans back against a crate while the group deliberates, filching another few packets of Dragon's Blood into his pack in the meantime. "Muck thinks we deal with Terry soon, murdernews gets out and Terry gets spooked, we not find him again."

quote:

I'd much prefer to just haul the corpses in their crate away and burn them in some forgotten street, but I'm not particularly tied to the idea.

Short rest reset my powers assuming that we've had a few minutes uninterrupted to do stuff :v:.
pre:
Muck

Initiative: +4	        Ref:	16	Vision: Darkvision

Poisoned Dagger	  [ ] Skulking Spy        [x] Bloodroot
		  [ ] Assassin's Strike
	          [ ] Hidden Lore
	          [ ] Mind Shadows

Passives:

Covok
May 27, 2013

The respect for life on display here is choking me up...with disgust. Only dwarf has an inkling of soul amongst you, but, like many in lower dura, you ignore its cries and focus on the cold comfort of gold. I wonder how much your gold will save you when Dolurrh beckons. Perhaps eternal apathy awaits us all, but at least some can hold on to the good deeds they did as they suffer: what does gold get you?

Muck, you're too much of dullard to know if someone truly had a wife and kids or not. What would you know of paternal/maternal love? A bottom-feeder like you has a heart too cold for any thoughts like that. While we're at it, lizard man and, hell, the only person I can stand looking at, the dwarf, you might be best not racking your brains on where the country could be. It seems out of your mental paygrade. Not sure why the Dwarf thinks it Xen'dir nor why Ghesh assumes it must be from Sarlona, but they're both wrong.

But, of course, of all frikken creatures to figure it out, it's the kobold. Not sure how his drug ravaged mind and soulless heart pieced it together, but it wasn't the hard puzzle considering the clues. If it has something to do with dragons, it must be from Argonnessen, the land of dragons. If the squawker tells K'atya, she probably puts it together and realizes it must be coming from the dragon worshiping cults of Argonnessen. Not sure how she came across this knowledge, but its know they take mind altering substances during their ritual worship of the dragons, this must be it and someone got them to share.

---
DC 0 Dorlurrh I keep bringing this up, but I never mention what it is. Dorlurrh is the realm of the dead in Eberron. It is neither a reward or a punishment: it is a gray landscape where people slowly become more and more apathetic the longer they reside in it. Some believe the Dark Six randomly save people from it, some hold on to the hope the Sovereign Hosts might rescue those in Dorlurrh (this isn't a main belief of the Sovereign Hosts, but it is a fringe belief), some seek immortality through the divinity of blood or undeath in the Blood of Vol to avoid it, and the Silver Flame believe that the Silver Flame will one day destroy Dorlurrh. None of this can be proven and is taken on faith, the only thing that is certain is what Dorlurrh is.

Since I mentioned them in the above:

DC 0 Dark Six and the Sovereign Hosts are two major religions on Eberron. They were once one religion, but they schismed and the later gods were cast out of the pantheon. The Sovereign Hosts are the largest religion on Eberron and they hold that their gods manifest everywhere. The fact the sun rises is proof of their host, etc., etc., and hold that all other regional religions are just new aspects of the Sovereign Hosts and treat worshipers of such faiths as lost brothers: this is how so many are peacfully converted. They believe in living for the moment, living in service to the hosts, and accepting Dorlurrh for what it is. The Dark Six can be considered an evil pantheon and its worshippers are often evil aligned. That said, its a religion and anyone can worship the gods and live their life as they see fit. Though, most Dark Six worshipers are bitter at the Sovereign Host's worshipers. Neither pantheon can be proven to exist and the religions are taken on faith.

DC 0 Blood of Vol are necromancers, blood worshipers, and generally perceived as evil. They exalt the divinity of blood and use dark magicks.

DC 0 Silver Flame is the main religion of Thrane, one of the five nations, and revolves around the worship of a never-ending flame. It gives them commands, people merge with the flame upon death, and it is the main source of paladins in Eberron. Its worshipers are lawful good and tend to follow strict codes of conduct.

DC 0 Xen'dir is a wild continent full of dangerous creatures like the barbaric giants, the scorpion worshiping Drow and other horrors.

DC 0 Sarlona is the ancestral home of humans and where all humans come from. Their emissaries have been trying to make ties with Khovarie. K'atya would know it is secretly run by a cabal of body snatching monsters from the same dream realm as herself, but that is not common knowledge, is the realm of crazy conspiracy theory, and is also the reason K'atya tries to stay hidden.

DC 0 Argonnessen is the ancestral and current home of dragons. It's borders aren't closed, but do not attempt to get close to the dragons as they will wipe you out. Dragon worshiping cults exist on the island. Not much else is known.

DC 0 Dragons are giant, flying, reptilian beasts of high intellect. They are often believed to be the first species to ever live and their creation myth is the de facto creation myth of the majority of Eberron. Eberron even gets it name from the dragon of the middle realm in their creation myth. Little is known of dragons other than their powerful and reclusive.

DC 15 Streetwise to know who on the docks might be doing the trades themselves.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

K'atya Duskryn

"Argo, huh? I only know one bastard crazy and greedy enough to trade with those scaly fucks."

Streetwise: 1d20+7 20

pre:
K'atya Duskryn

Passives:

Covok
May 27, 2013

You're right, there is only one person crazy and greedy enough to trade with those scaly fucks. Well, not really. Dragons don't trade with anyone, but dragon worshipers, well, yeah. Possibility. There is some lovely people in Sharn.

He goes under a few names. A warforged named Pimp. Pimp. The Pimp And, sometimes, Shieldbearer, but he threw that name away after the Last War. He fell in hard with the Reforged cult and began living his life as closely to a human as warforgedly possible. It says a lot about how hosed up we are that he decided to model a pimp, someone that exploits people for sex work, as a means of mirroring humanity. Kind of fitting, really, considering how we're all whores to the rich in this city.

He loves excess, as part of his religious devotion to being human, and would buy and sell anything and anyone. The dragons of Argonnessen are scary, big, and deadly, but Pimp would probably sail there and mingle with their worshipers to get a feel for fear. Probably how he got involved with the trade. He trades, after all. Not just people, but anything he can sell.

He's a loathsome person and I'd watch your back. You know, in case he tries to sell you.

DC 0 Warforged were made during the Last War by House Carnith and are, essentially, robots. They are sapient and can self-determine. However, many view them as property and "fake people." Regardless, part of the treaty that ended the Last War gave them human rights, an annoyance to many protesters.

DC 0 Pimps are pimps.

DC 0 The Reforged is a philosophical movement among the Warforged which argues Warforged are alive and that they should try to be like natural beings as much as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Alli Windham

"I still say we roll up on Terrance and see what he's about before we go at this Pimp Shieldbearer. Though I'd love to pay that prick a visit too, for my own reasons..." Alli says.

Look Around You fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Sep 7, 2016

• Locked thread