Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Superior Bastard
Jun 5, 2004

I wanna be on you.
Digital 80's coolness.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
I'm so old I remember when this album came out, and I never before realized the LED-style display on the front represented the three band members. Fuckin' hell.:doh:

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It would have been a great fit for the '60s, too bad it came out in '71. :v:

What?

Look at those bold earth tones. Look at the desolation. Look at the chrome, war machine armadillo.

That album cover screams the 70s.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

I'm guessing 60s on this one?

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

JnnyThndrs posted:

I'm so old I remember when this album came out, and I never before realized the LED-style display on the front represented the three band members. Fuckin' hell.:doh:

I never realized that either until now. drat.

schmuckfeatures
Oct 27, 2003
Hair Elf

JnnyThndrs posted:

gently caress

It's like recognizing the FedEx arrow in 40,000AD

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

gnarlyhotep posted:

I'm guessing 60s on this one?
no, 1950s

Superior Bastard
Jun 5, 2004

I wanna be on you.

WescottF1 posted:

I never realized that either until now. drat.

Brilliant, iconic design.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Gazpacho posted:

no, 1950s

Man that is one of the most late 50s album covers I've ever seen. The female equality struggle practically radiates off it. loving classic.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
Released in '61 but it's more of a '50s cover

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

ProperCoochie posted:

Released in '61 but it's more of a '50s cover

He was really popular in Central America in the 1980's. That's where he had all his greatest hits.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
THis is an old thread and I don't remember if these were posted yet but whatever:

60';s: socially conscious psychedelic funk band led by SLY STONE getting the music going with this album right here, with photo lab tricks and a typeface that went to college to get out of the draft

70s:
Jefferson Airplane's swan song before they regressed to the decadent depths that would later produce the already mentioned we built this city. The story goes that an aging hippie turned computer programmer made an early screen saver based on the design

80"s im skipping because every other post is about the 80s

90s: As someone mentioned, this belongs to that late 90s to early 00's area with indifferent white people before a 'shopped patterned background. Made a mint protesting consumer culture with this one. Note the barcode on the right shoe

2000 s: this image represents what it means to be a teenage in the first half of the 200s growing up in the shadow of george bush II

2010's: iono

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Doctor J Off posted:

2010's: iono

What does "iono" mean?

sout
Apr 24, 2014

gnarlyhotep posted:

What does "iono" mean?

iono

Superior Bastard
Jun 5, 2004

I wanna be on you.

gnarlyhotep posted:

What does "iono" mean?

iDono.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

It's the new Apple/Yoko collaboration. You bring it to work with you and piss off all your colleagues with it until everybody quits.

• Locked thread