Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol, I went 6 and 10, not terrible for a lvl 1 I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...
Its a very target rich environment right now, 60v60 games with lots of noobs means its easy to fight 3-4 at once and just outmaneuver them.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
This game is phenomenal.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

VulgarandStupid posted:

SAQ TKed the gently caress out of me. I probably called him poo poo a few times, I'm WEEDBABYGOKU420 and this is my video.

https://www.twitch.tv/eggplantwizard_/v/84410854

The first couple minutes are a bit rough and include me alt tabbing while waiting for a round to end because I couldn't spawn. Its probably best to skip to about 1/3rd in. And unfortunately the in game text is so small you can't read any of it in the video.

hi bud, i played with you tonight

you wrecked peasants good

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

rage-saq posted:

Its a very target rich environment right now, 60v60 games with lots of noobs means its easy to fight 3-4 at once and just outmaneuver them.

thx for the good advice.

everyone in the mumble was super nice amd helpful so people should stop in

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

https://www.twitch.tv/eggplantwizard_/v/85710867

One hands swords are probably overpowered. Sorry for the alt tabbing stuff towards the end.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
What I'm gathering is that you should level the gently caress out of attack speed, you can crush people with rapid attacks.

Biscuit Hider
Apr 12, 2005

Biscuit Hider

Blacktoll posted:

What I'm gathering is that you should level the gently caress out of attack speed, you can crush people with rapid attacks.

Foot speed seems to be pretty killer too. Many times the top guys in the match will have extremely high movement speed. You can de-level status, so a lot of people put those points into other stats. A common theme seems to be to take away from physical damage and buff up movement speed and attack speed.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
how tolerant is the official forum for shitposting?

I don't mean spamming / saying dumb racist poo poo, but just kinda loving with people and upsetting them

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Considering cRPG is one of the douchiest communities on the internet, extremely tolerant.

Its a good old boys club though, so they get uppity pretty quick.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ok. well im not gonna be too ridiculous, but i say dumb poo poo on SA all the time and dont get in trouble, but other forums, its a tossup

so thats good to know

yea, sometimes I forget how crazy the cRPG community could be

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Skoll posted:

Considering cRPG is one of the douchiest communities on the internet, extremely tolerant.

Its a good old boys club though, so they get uppity pretty quick.

also whod you piss off. gj on the red text buddy. hi5

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

also whod you piss off. gj on the red text buddy. hi5

I dont remember / care honestly. That one douchebag mod for Games doesnt like me but it was probably someone in A/T or GBS.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im sitting in the OKAM discord and the devs are funny. they just said they wouldn't take anyone seriously if the chat didnt spam emotes.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
It looks like we might get server selection in a patch tonight, with a party system next week.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

You can get away with a lot on the OKAM forums. I make awful posts their constantly. I told some guy who was asking for shield buffs that he was poo poo at both crpg and OKAM, and that he had no concept of balance.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

VulgarandStupid posted:

You can get away with a lot on the OKAM forums. I make awful posts their constantly. I told some guy who was asking for shield buffs that he was poo poo at both crpg and OKAM, and that he had no concept of balance.

as soon as I made that post I saw your post in the thread about Christmas which made me laugh and told me what I needed to know about the boards

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nalin posted:

It looks like we might get server selection in a patch tonight, with a party system next week.

yea, in between all the "SERVERS UP??????" messages in discord I picked this up and was excited. rejoining the server multiple times to find you guys last night was definitely the low point

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

I think movement speed is more useful than attack speed. With good foot work you can make your attack hit sooner than your opponents. You can also control group fights more, get ganks, and have a better chance to run down archers. You can even move away from a swing to take less damage. However, you'll probably end up with both since they made subsequent levels of stat investment cost more.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

VulgarandStupid posted:

However, you'll probably end up with both since they made subsequent levels of stat investment cost more.

I noticed that, and it sucks.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
They ever mention anything about having multiple weapons? Warband you could at least carry three items, WOTR let you carry a main and a side arm and a dagger..

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
How well does this run on pure dogshit old pcs?

I feel like one if the reasons all the Warband mods enjoyed such a high number of players was because almost any pc war capable of running it.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Captain Beans posted:

How well does this run on pure dogshit old pcs?

I feel like one if the reasons all the Warband mods enjoyed such a high number of players was because almost any pc war capable of running it.

System Requirements
MINIMUM:
OS: 64-bit Windows 7, 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1) or 64-bit Windows 10
Processor: Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz / AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660 / AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 10 GB available space

I imagine if you turned everything down to super low and turned off corpses, you could probably run it depending how old your hardware is.

Petah
Aug 24, 2006

Keeping the American Imperialists at bay since 1948
I played the poo poo out of cRPG back in the day as LLJK_Brolocaust. I can't wait to play again! Downloading now...

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

call me when I can bean hyper sperg fullplate poopsockers with rocks until they die from being hit by rocks

also was interested in this but not at 22 dollars or whatever, lol I'll probably still follow development for a while, post pics and vids more

Orv
May 4, 2011
I think it's still $16 at GMG once you make an account?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
They made this for suggesting features : http://features.ofkingsandmen.net/

Please downvote stamina system like gently caress, those are never fun at all.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

There's also a wiki page that explains The Epic here

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
game good. so what.

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy
I got it for $21 and some change on GMG after logging in.

So I have this now.

Lookin forward to smashing our large swords together :corrupt:

omg I have a 660, game's gonna make my card take a poo poo, god I gotta upgrade

Shala fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Aug 27, 2016

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Anybody not actually getting XP? I supposedly gained 2000+ xp for winning a WHOLE battle and getting kills/assists/close to action poo poo but when the barracks screen updated I only got like 150....

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy
No one's talking about the best feature, that 10/10 main menu song.

*edit* Devs put the song here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14065016/You%27ll%20never%20see%20them%20Again.mp3

Shala fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Aug 27, 2016

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

Phi230 posted:

Anybody not actually getting XP? I supposedly gained 2000+ xp for winning a WHOLE battle and getting kills/assists/close to action poo poo but when the barracks screen updated I only got like 150....

For some reason when the round ends and you get your big XP bonus it takes a few minutes to show up after you get dumped back to the launch screen.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

BurtLington posted:

There's also a wiki page that explains The Epic here

Sounds neat, but you know how neat sounding things sometimes end up. Just have to wait and see.

rage-saq posted:

For some reason when the round ends and you get your big XP bonus it takes a few minutes to show up after you get dumped back to the launch screen.

If you're in the progression menu for an item, you need to exit and re-enter it before you see the new XP.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
I'm really bad at this, but not as bad as my team apparently.

I keep trying to block with right click from muscle memory and it plays some boat rowing animation. The gently caress does that do?

Also is there no whistle? There's no game here without whistle.

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...
GMG has the game on sale at $18 if you have an account!
https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/of-kings-and-men/

rage-saq fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Aug 28, 2016

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

Eonwe posted:

thx for the good advice.

everyone in the mumble was super nice amd helpful so people should stop in

general goon mumble or a special one?

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

Usenet Magic-User posted:

general goon mumble or a special one?

See OP

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Bondematt posted:

I'm really bad at this, but not as bad as my team apparently.

I keep trying to block with right click from muscle memory and it plays some boat rowing animation. The gently caress does that do?

Also is there no whistle? There's no game here without whistle.

With two handers and polearms, thats your parry. With shields its another block, and with bows it readies an arrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
im going to play this game in the winter when it goes on sale for fifteen dollars

• Locked thread