Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy
I wanna do hand and half if I could use my shield like you're supposedly supposed to be able to do.

So great sword it is for now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blurgler
Aug 16, 2014
great swords blows btw, the 1.5 hand sword is better

I play this as well, GG

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

rage-saq posted:

There needs to be a multi branch progression tree for yelling, one for longer more elaborate yells and one for short intense yells with fast cooldown.
GOTY material here

http://features.ofkingsandmen.net/topics/142-/
This really needs to happen

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Just went 31-12 with the starter buckler, the godenakthingy, and the Last Samurai OST.

I think a buckler just may be the secret to the 1H axes being less lovely, I will have to experiment further.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
There doesn't seem to be any AFK detection right now and the XP bonuses for being on the winning team in a game of conquest are really good. If you want that cool pointy hat, you can just join a conquest game, go watch a movie, then come back and equip all your better gear that has unlocked. Repeat as necessary.
I'll have that awesome pointy hat and the mail vest with extra bits in no time.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I didn't realize they had so much planned with that trailer. Will EA see a wipe?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I didn't realize they had so much planned with that trailer. Will EA see a wipe?

Yeah. EA will be wiped right before the actual launch, but who knows when that will be?

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Most likely yeah but I think it'll be in EA for at least a year if they're gonna add all those features before launch.

Edit: ninja'd by Skoll :negative:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Skoll posted:

Yeah. EA will be wiped right before the actual launch, but who knows when that will be?

So at this point it's more about loving around, getting used to the systems, and not really worrying about poo poo until things are up and running.

And then wholesale pubbie murder when things go live.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

So at this point it's more about loving around, getting used to the systems, and not really worrying about poo poo until things are up and running.

And then wholesale pubbie murder when things go live.

Essentially, but honestly I would not worry about a wipe anytime soon. The only thing that would necessitate it before launch would be a progressive system overhaul or a database corruption like what happened Day 1. Really, the Epic mode won't even draw from your unlocked gear, just your character.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
FYI to anyone looking into this game -- the community is full of literal retards. I don't think I've seen so much chagrine and complaints about eeevvverryytthing.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haQoihkVTM0

Devs talk about the Early Access launch, what features The Epic will launch with on Thursday, what they are currently working on, and what they will be focusing on next.

The Epic will launch with:
- Warmap where you can recruit troops and send them around
- Order castles to be built (pre-built, customization not in)
- Design troops
- Supports 5000 players per region

What they are currently working on:
- Bug fixes!!
- Skirmish mode (5v5, 10v10)
- Early face and body customization
- Friend and squad system
- New maps
- Optimizations and improvements (sound and UI)
- Balancing
- Team-killing mechanics
- Hitboxes and hit detection
- Server stability and speed improvement so they can enable 100v100

Focusing on next:
- Castle building for Epic (3-4 months, priority change due to player feedback)
- Factions for Epic (coming soon after Epic launches)

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Nalin posted:

What they are currently working on:
- Skirmish mode (5v5, 10v10)
:shittypop:

Bad things happened with the last castle game I tried to play that had 5v5

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Skoll posted:

Will it really be wiped? I've heard conflicting things such as you'll retain your gear but not your skill level at launch.

Also thank gently caress for AFKing because I skipped the "not fun part of cRPG" where you get rolled by people wearing top tier plate while wearing cloth. They really need to make the start of the game fun because it really alienates even the best of players.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Can't say I agree, Alex. I have thoroughly enjoyed cleaving through peasants with my bastard sword.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Starting as a peasant? Equip club, kill armored dudes in 3 hits.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i want to play this tonight, but im going to be playing battlefield 1. rip in pieces.

this is really fun everyone and The Epic is gonna kinda own.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Just picked this up like the terrible nerd that I am. We got any groups running like mumble/discord or whatever poo poo the cool kids are shooting up these days.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

TwatHammer posted:

Just picked this up like the terrible nerd that I am. We got any groups running like mumble/discord or whatever poo poo the cool kids are shooting up these days.

Read the OP

Imapanda
Sep 12, 2008

Majoris Felidae Peditum
Man, I wish CRPG was still populated enough to get a little smidge of whats planned before I get this.

With all its hilarious problems, crpg was a blast to play with all the gimmick builds at your disposal. My favorite being of course the 'naked 14agi thrower' dude who would just zoom around the battleground faster than anybody else on foot chucking javalins at dudes.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Whats the go to weapon of choice for peak peasant killing? Im just running around with the starter stick beating dudes.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

TwatHammer posted:

Whats the go to weapon of choice for peak peasant killing? Im just running around with the starter stick beating dudes.

Probably:
Shortaxe -> Spikedmace -> War Scythe

Nalin fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Aug 31, 2016

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Imapanda posted:

Man, I wish CRPG was still populated enough to get a little smidge of whats planned before I get this.

With all its hilarious problems, crpg was a blast to play with all the gimmick builds at your disposal. My favorite being of course the 'naked 14agi thrower' dude who would just zoom around the battleground faster than anybody else on foot chucking javalins at dudes.

Yeah, CRPG was the best. I was hoping OKAM would be a substitute but I'm not digging it so far.

Werkwerk
Dec 23, 2003
Fat.

Nalin posted:

Probably:
Shortaxe -> Spikedmace -> War Scythe

Aim for the legs if you're fighting someone with a tiny round shield. Seems to go under them pretty consistently.

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

death to all avatar havers

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Hey, so what exactly is going to be the Epic. Well, I know what it is but what's gonna be out there to do? There is zero documentation out there on how to do things or how things play out just a vague "it's a strategic map!"

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Blacktoll posted:

Hey, so what exactly is going to be the Epic. Well, I know what it is but what's gonna be out there to do? There is zero documentation out there on how to do things or how things play out just a vague "it's a strategic map!"

At launch it is going to be sort of like Risk, with additional functionality added over time.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Are there going to be bots/ npcs or whatever for battles? Or just players?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
How viable is archery in this? Cause in my head you'd have super high movement speed and plink away at people then when someone gets pissed and comes after you just run away forcing them to waste their manpower by never catching up to you only to turn around and shoot nerds when they give up.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

SumYungGui posted:

How viable is archery in this? Cause in my head you'd have super high movement speed and plink away at people then when someone gets pissed and comes after you just run away forcing them to waste their manpower by never catching up to you only to turn around and shoot nerds when they give up.

Archers are more of an annoying pest than a real threat right now. Theres only three bows and the first one is beyond awful.

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

death to all avatar havers
you also only get like 25 arrows and given how all these matches go, about 24 of those arrows will go into your teammates

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

For the 20 minutes I played this game I got annoyed at the fact that you didn't get a speed boost chasing after people like in chivalry. It makes slaughtering terrified peasants and archers so much more fulfilling.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

bees everywhere posted:

For the 20 minutes I played this game I got annoyed at the fact that you didn't get a speed boost chasing after people like in chivalry. It makes slaughtering terrified peasants and archers so much more fulfilling.

Thats actually a bug right now, how you slow down when chasing someone. Supposedly getting fixed tomorrow.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Considering picking this up but it sorta bugs me how this looks to play exactly like M&B. I get that it's from the CRPG guys, but it's not like M&B had perfect combat and I was hoping they could have made some improvements instead of just copy pasting it verbatim.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

It's not copy and pasted but whatever.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Popete posted:

Considering picking this up but it sorta bugs me how this looks to play exactly like M&B. I get that it's from the CRPG guys, but it's not like M&B had perfect combat and I was hoping they could have made some improvements instead of just copy pasting it verbatim.

It has some differences and more are planned.

At the very least M&B's combat system is one of a final game, not a game in dev.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Popete posted:

The combat is almost completely different, and way more fluid.

Patterson
Apr 9, 2011

SumYungGui posted:

I've had fun doing this exact thing. Right now, even with the long bow, some people are able to take 5 to 6 shots in the chest before going down so you'll almost always want to aim for headshots. Aiming is a little goofy at first, but once you get used to it things get much easier. I would recommend getting past the short bow ASAP while it can still actually hurt people. The little axe you get is a pretty sweet little weapon as well, it should help you finish off people you've been plinking at.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

That little axe is mean and fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
It's a shame progression is so grindy, the game itself is a lot of fun. Have we figured out the best paths for weapons, armor, shields, etc yet?

• Locked thread