Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
dune
sting
spice
View Results

• Locked thread
just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx

OctoberBlues posted:

It's a coupon for a free taco! No purchase necessary! I've collected seven of them from the trash you fuckman!

good luck eating some piles of government chesse barf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

just ray posted:

good luck eating some piles of government chesse barf

Thanks ray, I knew you'd come around. :)

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx

OctoberBlues posted:

Thanks ray, I knew you'd come around. :)

listen closely, no poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1tRB7-aBr8

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx
thats the fuckin deeks

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Oh :smith:

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx

its a good song

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx
live a little

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

It is a good song, but it is a good song because I can relate to it in a weepy little bitch sort of way.

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx

OctoberBlues posted:

It is a good song, but it is a good song because I can relate to it in a weepy little bitch sort of way.

thats a good song

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx
what else is the point of a song if you cant touch someone? kinda retarded actually

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

anyway ray if you could find the qdoba coupon you got in the mail today, make a paper airplane out of it, and fly it to me I would appreciate it.

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx

OctoberBlues posted:

anyway ray if you could find the qdoba coupon you got in the mail today, make a paper airplane out of it, and fly it to me I would appreciate it.

i dont really look at "mail" sorry. im free

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
yeah but do you read your email on "the information superhighway"?!?!?

Lathespin.gif
May 19, 2005
Pillbug
A beginning is a very delicate time. Know then that it is the year 10,191.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIzTat3OD3w

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Do you think that in DUNE dumb college kids take the spice challenge instead of the cinnamon challenge?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Long live Duke Leto.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Applewhite posted:

Do you think that in DUNE dumb college kids take the spice challenge instead of the cinnamon challenge?

sounds kind of expensive. it would be more like the time i took the cocaine challenge (ended by a mild heart attack)

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
My favorite thing about dune is the more you read the books, the more apparent Herbert's bizarre views on gender roles become.

It starts with super powered concubines, transitions into an army of nymphomaniacal nuns, and finally evolves into a group of women who use super bondage to make everyone sumbit to their vaginas. (Just like my ex, amirite fellas?)

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

i read it today and found it to be some of gene rosenberry's finest work

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Dreddout posted:

My favorite thing about dune is the more you read the books, the more apparent Herbert's bizarre views on gender roles become.

It starts with super powered concubines, transitions into an army of nymphomaniacal nuns, and finally evolves into a group of women who use super bondage to make everyone sumbit to their vaginas. (Just like my ex, amirite fellas?)
Herbert was a pioneer and now these things are found in a great deal of science fiction.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Applewhite posted:

There was no college as we know it, it was a feudal system. The young nobles who could afford spice all had private teachers and trainers.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

notZaar posted:

There was no college as we know it, it was a feudal system. The young nobles who could afford spice all had private teachers and trainers.

in the prequel books Vlad and Leto went to college together and got into a rivalry over whowould date Jessica (she was majoring in Bene Gesserit training). Leto won her heart in the end and Vlad went on a pity eating binge and got fat.

dsf
Jul 1, 2004

Ork of Fiction posted:

Lawrence of Arabia is the true tale of an English laddy who went amongst the Mohammedans to learn their ways and establish alliances w/ them. He partook of their lifestyle as a desert raider, pillaging small encampments, kidnapping and raping women and killing anyone who stood against them, and in doing so realized that every moment of his life before this time was wasted. Truly, a man is only alive as long as he can kill and rape as he pleases. Eventually, he went back to Jolly Oled England, where he died miserable and rapeless.

also he was into gay sadomasochism

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Prequel Dune ≠ Dune

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

It went really downhill after the first three books. I enjoyed God Emperor, but yeah crazy space dominatrix jihad was a pretty huge departure.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Dreddout posted:

It's weird how this is what comes to mind when I think about Dune now. I haven't even read anything past the first book aside from Wikipedia summaries, but the :stare: factor makes Herbert's sexual politics way more memorable than anything.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

mind the walrus posted:

It's weird how this is what comes to mind when I think about Dune now. I haven't even read anything past the first book aside from Wikipedia summaries, but the :stare: factor makes Herbert's sexual politics way more memorable than anything.
There was a space of ~20 years between the trilogy and God Emperor (which was weird as gently caress but not :stare: like the last two he wrote). If you liked the first one, the next two were intended to be the completion, just like the second two books of Lord of the Rings. It's just something to point out because the "hero" of the first book becomes a genocidal dictator.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
what do guild navigators do for fun?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

LegoPirateNinja posted:

what do guild navigators do for fun?

Get heigh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU