Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

That explains the claimed disability, which I guess ultimately lead to transdisability. What about the new genders and sexualities? Why did the children of helicopter parents latch on to polyamory so eagerly, for example?

e: Don't get me wrong, the Army is full of people whose parents didn't love or like them enough, I'm just wondering why people who had good homes turned out so soft and delicate and latched onto all these identities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Polyamory is a need to never be alone and always have your emotional and personal needs met, a deep sense of entitlement and egotism, and constant self-validation. You could see how an overbearing parent would foster those characteristics

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
this sounds like something the free market will work out on its own tbh

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

e: Don't get me wrong, the Army is full of people whose parents didn't love or like them enough, I'm just wondering why people who had good homes turned out so soft and delicate and latched onto all these identities.

Maybe "people from good homes" are attracted to identities to find a way to rationalize their privileged upbringings? Maybe these impulses are born out of a desire to feel unique in a world where we're increasingly connected? Maybe it's entitlement? Probably not one answer.

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Polyamory is a need to never be alone and always have your emotional and personal needs met, a deep sense of entitlement and egotism, and constant self-validation. You could see how an overbearing parent would foster those characteristics

Every poly person (like 3 or 4) I've met ticked at least a few of those boxes, on top of being loving weirdos, so maybe you're on to something there.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Frosted Flake posted:

That explains the claimed disability, which I guess ultimately lead to transdisability. What about the new genders and sexualities? Why did the children of helicopter parents latch on to polyamory so eagerly, for example?

Same bit; instead of accepting rejection, and focusing on personal growth, they blame their lack of connection on a newly created "identity" to not only rationalize their insecurities, but also to stroke their special snowflake plumage.

You'll notice, if you read the descriptions of their pantheon of sexual identities, they're all just dramatic readings of states of mind, or fleeting preference that we all experience from time to time, recited as some hewn-in-stone, immutable piece of their personhood.

Biological sexuality in and of itself is a binary system; we all start out female, and our Y chromosome kicks off the process of delivering testosterone so that our embryos turn into males. Flaws in the process result in homosexuality in mammalian populations all over the world; its nothing new. But the role of reproduction in human biology does not occur on a spectrum, and it doesn't listen to even the most well reasoned arguments. That sort of determinism is scary to someone who doesn't feel like they can thrive in that system, i.e. they're insecure and scared because they feel like they don't fit in.

So, they invent a place where they do fit in. Its easier to believe that everything is self-deterministic, and that some general or specific preference isn't just a hue of your personality, but its literally who you are, and its why you never fit in before. Pretending there are 50 shades of Gay, and they fit right in this super special category where everything makes sense comes with the added benefit of feeling like they're in control of their lives. Plus, if you find enough people who want to share those blinders, you're sure to find another mate with the same emotional hang-ups as you; and you've come full circle - you just convinced yourself the system doesn't work, in order to make the system work.

I think the "polyamorous" people are just so goddamn desperate that they'll put up with anything so they don't have to be alone.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Fire Barrel posted:

Maybe "people from good homes" are attracted to identities to find a way to rationalize their privileged upbringings? Maybe these impulses are born out of a desire to feel unique in a world where we're increasingly connected? Maybe it's entitlement? Probably not one answer.

I think its all these things and more, for sure.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
im bi and i like to gently caress

that's my story and im sticking to it

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

This poo poo always reminds me of a time when I was playing on Xbox live and some crybaby got upset because some kid called something gay. That guy took it so loving personal and nobody loving cared.

That guy also sucked at Halo. What a loser.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

blarzgh posted:

Biological sexuality in and of itself is a binary system; we all start out female, and our Y chromosome kicks off the process of delivering testosterone so that our embryos turn into males. Flaws in the process result in homosexuality in mammalian populations all over the world; its nothing new.

loving lol at the :biotruths:

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

The Skeleton King posted:

This poo poo always reminds me of a time when I was playing on Xbox live and some crybaby got upset because some kid called something gay. That guy took it so loving personal and nobody loving cared.

Same but rape. Trigger trap

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
unironically, what is the deal with everyone being so bitch made? Props to U of C for saying "uhhhh you're here to grow and work your rear end off to be better, not be a hand held little bitch"

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

interwhat posted:

unironically, what is the deal with everyone being so bitch made? Props to U of C for saying "uhhhh you're here to grow and work your rear end off to be better, not be a hand held little bitch"

the logical conclusion of an all volunteer military

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
They should now make "Trigger Warning" the class. It's nothing but gore films and pictures, Naked Lunch, Lolita with people trying to convince you the narrator is the victim, Mien Kamfp, the worse parts of the bible, misreading of Nitzchie, articles about why the Japanese should be so horrible to the Chinese, Stalin was right, and trying to get the kids to become social Darwinist / Libertarians .

The final test should just be gassing the kids with a bit of mustard gas. You know just to make sure they get it.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Fire Barrel posted:

Maybe "people from good homes" are attracted to identities to find a way to rationalize their privileged upbringings? Maybe these impulses are born out of a desire to feel unique in a world where we're increasingly connected? Maybe it's entitlement? Probably not one one explanation.

id guess some flavor of mental illness on the micro and some kind of weird social alienation on the macro, just this generations form of telling dad that they hate him

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

blarzgh posted:

Same bit; instead of accepting rejection, and focusing on personal growth, they blame their lack of connection on a newly created "identity" to not only rationalize their insecurities, but also to stroke their special snowflake plumage.

You'll notice, if you read the descriptions of their pantheon of sexual identities, they're all just dramatic readings of states of mind, or fleeting preference that we all experience from time to time, recited as some hewn-in-stone, immutable piece of their personhood.

Biological sexuality in and of itself is a binary system; we all start out female, and our Y chromosome kicks off the process of delivering testosterone so that our embryos turn into males. Flaws in the process result in homosexuality in mammalian populations all over the world; its nothing new. But the role of reproduction in human biology does not occur on a spectrum, and it doesn't listen to even the most well reasoned arguments. That sort of determinism is scary to someone who doesn't feel like they can thrive in that system, i.e. they're insecure and scared because they feel like they don't fit in.

So, they invent a place where they do fit in. Its easier to believe that everything is self-deterministic, and that some general or specific preference isn't just a hue of your personality, but its literally who you are, and its why you never fit in before. Pretending there are 50 shades of Gay, and they fit right in this super special category where everything makes sense comes with the added benefit of feeling like they're in control of their lives. Plus, if you find enough people who want to share those blinders, you're sure to find another mate with the same emotional hang-ups as you; and you've come full circle - you just convinced yourself the system doesn't work, in order to make the system work.

I think the "polyamorous" people are just so goddamn desperate that they'll put up with anything so they don't have to be alone.

source your quotes

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

blarzgh posted:

unless you're pulling down the pants and inspecting the genitals of everyone you meet, biological sex is only tangenitally related to what gender you percieve them to be. this is some extremely simple poo poo to understand that really shouldn't be that controversial

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

OMGVBFLOL posted:

unless you're pulling down the pants and inspecting the genitals of everyone you meet, biological sex is only tangenitally related to what gender you percieve them to be.
herein lies the problem with gbs posters

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

a hole-y ghost posted:

herein lies the problem with gbs posters

feel free to inspect my rear end in a top hat with your tongue

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

OMGVBFLOL posted:

feel free to inspect my rear end in a top hat with your tongue
Thanks

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

blarzgh posted:

Flaws in the process result in homosexuality

What makes homosexuality a flaw? You haven't lived

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

OMGVBFLOL posted:

biological sex is only tangenitally related to what gender you percieve them to be.

Is it really? I...I'm not really sure it is?

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Pack it up guys, 8-Bit Scholar can always tell what someone's biological sex is from afar. Always. So good, and so smart.

sketch_nimrod
Apr 1, 2010
the dean must have seen that south park episode or something

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

mdm posted:

Pack it up guys, 8-Bit Scholar can always tell what someone's biological sex is from afar. Always. So good, and so smart.

I once effort posted about the entire trans gender =/= sex thing.

Never again.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

mdm posted:

So good, and so smart.

thanks man, coming from you this means a lot

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

OMGVBFLOL posted:

unless you're pulling down the pants and inspecting the genitals of everyone you meet, biological sex is only tangenitally related to what gender you percieve them to be. this is some extremely simple poo poo to understand that really shouldn't be that controversial

99% of the time you'd be right so it's a waste of time to worry about that other 1% or less who are so secretly trans that you can't even infer that they're more than meets the eye. It is absolutely their responsibility to educate the oppressor.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

mdm posted:

What makes homosexuality a flaw? You haven't lived

Ive never tried it before but there's still time! What are you doing this weekend?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Wamdoodle posted:

source your quotes
My personal estimations.

OMGVBFLOL posted:

unless you're pulling down the pants and inspecting the genitals of everyone you meet,

Inspector Genital, of Crotchland Yard.

The Biscuit
Jul 2, 2007
Half of everything is luck.

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

They should continue to be pampered and coddled and infantilized, to keep them weak

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
just checking in: has the thread established whether or not Race Science is Good and True yet?

thanks!

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

loving sjws get to use an elevator to their fancy thrird story "campus suite" nowadays. Books used to be heavy but now it's all "ugh I gotta hold this bag, not even a pokebellman at this residence, what a waste of money!"

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

pentyne posted:

Let's take a look at D&D's opinion on the subject

Look at all these idiots who dont understand avoidance is actually a terrible thing when treating mental illness. It makes it worse and then also makes it have a bigger impact on your life than getting therapy and learning to deal with it properly.

An actual real treatment for ptsd is controlled exposure to something that does trigger you. Literally the opposite of a safe space is the way to beat it.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Slanderer posted:

just checking in: has the thread established whether or not Race Science is Good and True yet?

thanks!

Yes. Monitoring vitals, slow motion footage, and nutritional management can lead to improved times!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
whereever you may fall on this particular issue, i think all can agree:

gently caress chicago anyway

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Harrison Ford was born in Chicago.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

An actual real treatment for ptsd is controlled exposure to something that does trigger you.

Tell that to Chris Kyle :smug:

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
It's true, people often mistake me for a woman. But this is mostly because I complain a lot and bleed constantly from my crotch

Nicomo
Jan 22, 2015
Part of growing up is learning to accept and not give a gently caress when other people say things you don't agree with. If people haven't learnt that by 19-20 there's not much hope for them and they will be weak, pathetic humans their whole life

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Nice work bumpin this trigger thread forums user Nicomo you will be a forums superstar in no time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Chief McHeath posted:

loving sjws get to use an elevator to their fancy thrird story "campus suite" nowadays. Books used to be heavy but now it's all "ugh I gotta hold this bag, not even a pokebellman at this residence, what a waste of money!"

Really this whole thing can be traced back to those rolly backpacks that kids started to use right after I got outta highschool.

• Locked thread