Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Tell them to come here !

Something Awful/GBS is an officially designated Safe Space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
drat is this happening everywhere else ?

I feel like the difference in hardiness between us and the Chinese or Russians is becoming alarmingly high ! Are these the people who will fight to protect us when we're old ?!

We cannot allow a hardiness gap to develop between us and the communists !!

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

yeah you're apparently a member of the opposite end of the spectrum who think it's hilarious to go around honking the N word out all the time because it's edgy

Are you surprised people are reacting this way ? There were serious articles about cafeterias banning fried rice and poo poo like that.

I guess you're either a nazi or a pissbaby no middle-ground anymore.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

lol yeah, the correct reaction to extremists on one end is to just get equally extreme but on the other!

some people are mentally ill and doing X in the name of political correctness, therefore the only rational reasonable solution is to replace words I read with the N word. In this way, balance in the universe is maintained :downs:

Well you're not allowed to call them mentally ill either because you're a normative scum or something. So what are you supposed to do then ?

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

probably not install word filters to your web browser to replace words with the N word like you are 13 idk man

ignore them probably, that seems to be working just dandy for me

They just do a sit-in and block the cafeteria. What do you do then ? You still haven't provided an answer, just more extreme reactionary stuff

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

I'm way too gleeful about this.

Meanwhile, waiting to see if Ottawa U bans yoga again this year. Go GG's.

What's wrong with yoga ? Were the men too distracted by hot butts in yoga pants and couldn't focus on studying ?

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

scott zoloft posted:

are you guys all in college or something? i can't imagine anyone having an opinion about nu-liberal college culture unless you're currently enrolled or recently graduated.

That's how it starts and then it slowly expands to contaminate other fields. This ideological corruption must be excised from society to preserve unity !
This would never have happened if we had the secret police to protect us :(

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Isn't exposure to a certain stimuli a way to get rid of phobias ?

Maybe they need to be "triggered" until the brain doesn't respond in such a way ? Nothing can have the same impact it had the first couple of times if you do it repeatedly.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

okay but maybe it isn't on you to take up the mantle of deciding everyone gets to have therapy unannounced and out of the blue. Maybe you should not in fact make those decisions in such a blanket fashion for everyone else and instead just say 'hey we're talking about some sensitive issues regarding rape in this lecture just heads up.'

So where do you draw the line ? Just at rape triggers or what ?

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

idk we have been at war with multiple countries for the better part of 2 decades now and the economy sucks assholes too so tons of young people join the armed forces

for one thing

How come those WW2 guys were such badasses then ? No complaining, just hard work and putting people on the Moon! Maybe they would have whined as much but it was strongly discouraged and the country was better for it ! Harden the gently caress up

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

it was called shell shock back then, or 'combat stress reaction.'

Yeah, but they kept it a private thing like it should be ! A disease should be kept private since it doesn't make you special.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

could you imagine if ppl these days fought in the napoleonic wars

"Sarge, my hair was frozen to the ground again when I woke up. This is so unfair !" "I have to stand at attention in rank while 9 and 12lb artillery rains down on us ?!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

I have a serious question about this stuff: Do some of these concepts create examples of themselves?

All of the Poly/Genderqueer/misc. whatever people I know are in Social Work, Womyns Studies, or Psych. So, if these people stayed in their small towns and never heard of these concepts, would they still be genderqueer? Or would they just be a sort of tomboyish farmer's daughter and marry that good Thompson boy from down the lane?

All this stuff + trigger warnings are just a byproduct of living in a prosperous country with a strong government.

Would any of this matter if the government failed and there was no police to enforce the laws ? Or would we just degrade into a society where violence = power like the rest of the places in the world where this happened ?

• Locked thread