Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
1. Dinosaurs were always fighting. okay i should have picked something different for number one because that is actually true.

2. Dinosausre could talk. They talked but not the way dinosaurs on TV did, they said stuff like "Grarrrrrrr" and "Yarp Yarp Yarp".

3. Dinosaurs invented coffee. No. They did not invent coffee, coffee was discovered by Juan Valdez. Look it up.

4. Dinosaurs were cold-blooded/warm blooded. It doesnt matter now does it because they are dead. they are all dead forever.

5. Scientists "discover" dino bones by carving them out of rocks. once again a bad example this one is also true.

6. Dinosaurs believed the "globe earth" theory. Nope, the dinosaurs were not puppeted by the illuminati and probably had no opinion either way.

7. Gasoline comes from dinosaurs. LOL what, no! Gasoline comes from gas pumps you loving braindead lump of poo poo.

8. Jesus was a black man. uhhhh, not touching this one! #hotpotato #10footpole

feel free to ad your own dino-facts, knowledge is power!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Dinosaurs didn't die out per se, they evolved into Dinosauroids and left to explore the Galaxy. They then seeded intelligence on earth around 20,000 BC and left once again.

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

nice cock

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

The fact that dinosaurs were just giant birds is so sad, makes them much less cool.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
9. The little girl who voiced Duckie was violently murdered by her own father when she was ten years old

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
i just had another idea yall brb real quick

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

drake loves dinofacts dont even front

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

OctoberBlues posted:

The fact that dinosaurs were just giant birds is so sad, makes them much less cool.

STARCH SAFE IDAHO SPUD

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
"Dinosore" is a good pun for when you want to make a joke about a dinosaur who is in some way afflicted by mild to moderate pain

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

OctoberBlues posted:

#hotpotato #freedomfries #blessed

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Jurrasic park is a real place, only they got the dino blood from melting glaciers. The government doesn't want you to know about it though, that's why there are all the global warming hoax people out there. They are funded by George Soros, who also owns the IRL Jurrasic park.

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax

Pawn 17 posted:

Jurrasic park is a real place, only they got the dino blood from melting glaciers. The government doesn't want you to know about it though, that's why there are all the global warming hoax people out there. They are funded by George Soros, who also owns the IRL Jurrasic park.

how does he have the time to write game of thrones too

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Sid Vicious posted:

That's George Jefferson

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

dimetrodon is not a dinosaur; he is a synapsid

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Billions of years ago 2 dinosaurs might have had sex right in the spot where you are sitting right now

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
His real name is George Saurus FYI

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Chrs Gry posted:

Billions of years ago 2 dinosaurs might have had sex right in the spot where you are sitting right now

14 stories up in the air? Wow, that would have been cool to see

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Sid Vicious posted:

"Jon Snow" is actually a stegosaurus.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
these facts are a bitter pill to some of my dino beliefs, but hell, times change

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

The ending of the TV show was seriously hosed up.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
dinosaurs actually had feathers

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

OctoberBlues posted:

Maybe there was a hill there. You don't know.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

OctoberBlues posted:

that's how the flying ones did it, incidentally they say the flying ones weren't dinosaurs but were pteradons but that's just a lie that some professors cooked up so they could get more funding

epileptic_ev
Aug 25, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
DO THE CRIME DO THE TIME

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

OctoberBlues posted:

I think birds are nice.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
my chickens were like little dinosaurs and it was p cool

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

EX250 Type R posted:

my chickens were like little dinosaurs and it was p cool

maybe you shouldn't have eaten them then

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Ork of Fiction posted:

I think birds are nice.

Giant penguins would be cool.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Kuato posted:

Dinosaurs didn't die out per se, they evolved into Dinosauroids and left to explore the Galaxy. They then seeded intelligence on earth around 20,000 BC and left once again.

Actually an asteroid bumped them into a parallel dimension where they basically evolved into humans but their society is slightly more of a dystopia, although they have invented cool rocket boots.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Dinosaur Jr. is in fact not the son of Dinosaur Sr.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
its p wild that when i was a kid dinosaurs were lizards and i read in (admittedly incredibly old) books about all these dinosaurs that now aren't even real anymore. and also now birds are dinosaurs. thats p wild

ive been unable to convince some people of that fact and it entertains me

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

symbolic posted:

Dinosaur Jr. is in fact not the son of Dinosaur Sr.

but Donkey Kong Jr. is really the son of Donkey Kong Sr. right?

don't screw me on this answer, i need to know the truth

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Cnut the Great posted:

this question is best reserved for a thread not about dinosaurs

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Cnut the Great posted:

Yes. Mother is Pauline.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

symbolic posted:

this question is best reserved for a thread not about dinosaurs

In that case, we should instead be asking whether Yoshi can really be considered a dinosaur? He is a member of an intelligent race from a world full of creatures with superficial resemblances to things from our world (like turtles and mushrooms), but this resemblance doesn't mean he is actually a dinosaur. Koopas look like but aren't ever referred to as turtles. Yoshi has even less resemblance to real world dinosaurs than Koopa troopers do to turtles. He has some traits which are more reminiscent of frogs, and some which are entirely alien (like creating eggs from devoured prey).

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think the first thing anyone would do with a time machine is go look at dinosaurs. the more messed up people would then go on to hunt and/or gently caress some dinosaurs, but going to take a look would still be the first step.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
matt damon is a reptillian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epileptic_ev
Aug 25, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Serious Frolicking posted:

i think the first thing anyone would do with a time machine is go look at dinosaurs. the more messed up people would then go on to hunt and/or gently caress some dinosaurs, but going to take a look would still be the first step.

i will take u on a nice date in leslieville anytime if u let me

• Locked thread