Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
whoever tried to prove the brontosaurus never was can suck dicks in hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
dinosaurs could came up with the idea of jurassic park but many chose not to.

epileptic_ev
Aug 25, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

JiveHonky posted:

dinosaurs could came up with the idea of jurassic park but many chose not to.

u r everything weak with not only the human race but lesbian race we r gonna spare u because ur so stupid welcome to the club (i hope)

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

epileptic_ev posted:

u r everything weak with not only the human race but lesbian race we r gonna spare u because ur so stupid welcome to the club (i hope)

thats nice, but i still have a bigger dick than you

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

fact number i dont know: dinosaurs had well-proportioned and often-glistening genitalia

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx
im pretty sure its all a hollywood creation OP, read your loving shakespeare... no dinosaurs. problem solved.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

just ray posted:

im pretty sure its all a hollywood creation OP, read your loving shakespeare... no dinosaurs. problem solved.

LOL shakespere was before dinosaurs you lint licker

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Serious Frolicking posted:

i think the first thing anyone would do with a time machine is go look at dinosaurs. the more messed up people would then go on to hunt and/or gently caress some dinosaurs, but going to take a look would still be the first step.

the first thing i would w / a time machien is go back to like 1403 and hit a bunch of guys with a stick and then travel back to modern times and take a history class and learn all about the mysterious stick-hitting man in 1403

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Moon Atari posted:

In that case, we should instead be asking whether Yoshi can really be considered a dinosaur? He is a member of an intelligent race from a world full of creatures with superficial resemblances to things from our world (like turtles and mushrooms), but this resemblance doesn't mean he is actually a dinosaur. Koopas look like but aren't ever referred to as turtles. Yoshi has even less resemblance to real world dinosaurs than Koopa troopers do to turtles. He has some traits which are more reminiscent of frogs, and some which are entirely alien (like creating eggs from devoured prey).

Yoshi is definitely a dinosaur. He comes from a place called Dinosaur Land. His unique traits (like his long sticky tongue and bizarre egg-laying abilities) are almost certainly a natural evolutionary response to the harsh selective pressures that arise from living in an isolated island region infested with the various exotic predators native to the greater Mushroom World. The only reason individuals like Princess Peach and Mario don't exhibit any such similar traits is because they likely descend from a lineage of non-native human immigrants to the Mushroom World. This is why they frequently make use of artificial augments--that is, the various Power-Up technologies which were developed by Mushroom Kingdom scientists in order to give the non-powered human immigrants the competitive advantage they need to survive in such a harsh environment.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
you make me sick with your thread of lies

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
dinosaurs evolved procedurally

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
dont gently caress with birds cause they closer to raptors than even the nastiest of modern reptiles

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

Cnut the Great posted:

9. The little girl who voiced Duckie was violently murdered by her own father when she was ten years old

I can confirm this.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Cnut the Great posted:

Yoshi is definitely a dinosaur. He comes from a place called Dinosaur Land. His unique traits (like his long sticky tongue and bizarre egg-laying abilities) are almost certainly a natural evolutionary response to the harsh selective pressures that arise from living in an isolated island region infested with the various exotic predators native to the greater Mushroom World. The only reason individuals like Princess Peach and Mario don't exhibit any such similar traits is because they likely descend from a lineage of non-native human immigrants to the Mushroom World. This is why they frequently make use of artificial augments--that is, the various Power-Up technologies which were developed by Mushroom Kingdom scientists in order to give the non-powered human immigrants the competitive advantage they need to survive in such a harsh environment.

Okay I can buy that, but the Yoshi line of inquiry has raised a disturbing possibility about the seemingly human residents of the Mushroom Kingdom. I don't wish to derail from the dinosaur theme of this thread, but at the same time there is a pressing issue to consider concerning
whether all of the humans are as they seem. Mario and Luigi are Italian, so they must be non-native to the Mushroom Kingdom, but this isn't true of Peach. Peach's status as the supposedly human ruler of a kingdom of toadstools has always been problematic. But consider for a second her complete lack of sexual or romantic interest in Mario.

Mario is a virile Italian man, talented at everything he attempts, possessed of a charming happy-go-lucky personality, and has demonstrated an intense dedication to her well-being. By all rights this working class hero should be a wet dream for a woman like Peach, who is otherwise trapped in passionless and restrained high society. However, rather than being desperate to have him plumb her pipes she instead shows him no interest. While no woman is obligated to love a man just because he has rescued her, Peach's cake-cooking as reward habit seems almost blind to Mario.

What if she truly is blind to him? What if Peach does not possess a human woman's sexual appetites, which would otherwise make Mario's intense masculinity irresistible? My hypothesis is that Peach is not human at all, but is in fact of the same species as her toadstool subjects. She appears human, in contrast to toads, but this could be explained by sexual dimorphism (toadette is obviously the sole transgender representative of the Toad species). Meanwhile, toads all look so similar that their species and the individual named Toad are often conflated. This similarity of appearance suggests that they are all very closely related. I believe that Peach is not just the ruler of the mushroom kingdom but the mother of the toadstool people, having produced them all through sporification.

Toads are a hive fungi, the Mushroom World equivalent of a beehive. Peach is the queen fungi, although she prefers to go by princess for the sake of alliteration. Whether Mario is aware of this is unclear.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

more like dinosain't

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Moon Atari posted:

Okay I can buy that, but the Yoshi line of inquiry has raised a disturbing possibility about the seemingly human residents of the Mushroom Kingdom. I don't wish to derail from the dinosaur theme of this thread, but at the same time there is a pressing issue to consider concerning
whether all of the humans are as they seem. Mario and Luigi are Italian, so they must be non-native to the Mushroom Kingdom, but this isn't true of Peach. Peach's status as the supposedly human ruler of a kingdom of toadstools has always been problematic. But consider for a second her complete lack of sexual or romantic interest in Mario.

Mario is a virile Italian man, talented at everything he attempts, possessed of a charming happy-go-lucky personality, and has demonstrated an intense dedication to her well-being. By all rights this working class hero should be a wet dream for a woman like Peach, who is otherwise trapped in passionless and restrained high society. However, rather than being desperate to have him plumb her pipes she instead shows him no interest. While no woman is obligated to love a man just because he has rescued her, Peach's cake-cooking as reward habit seems almost blind to Mario.

What if she truly is blind to him? What if Peach does not possess a human woman's sexual appetites, which would otherwise make Mario's intense masculinity irresistible? My hypothesis is that Peach is not human at all, but is in fact of the same species as her toadstool subjects. She appears human, in contrast to toads, but this could be explained by sexual dimorphism (toadette is obviously the sole transgender representative of the Toad species). Meanwhile, toads all look so similar that their species and the individual named Toad are often conflated. This similarity of appearance suggests that they are all very closely related. I believe that Peach is not just the ruler of the mushroom kingdom but the mother of the toadstool people, having produced them all through sporification.

Toads are a hive fungi, the Mushroom World equivalent of a beehive. Peach is the queen fungi, although she prefers to go by princess for the sake of alliteration. Whether Mario is aware of this is unclear.

I think I can help.

Yoshi used to be a dinosaur but in 2002 he announced that he officially identifies as Pacific Islander/Other.

Hell Titties Hell

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
There were no "dinosaurs", actually. Scientists have just been organizing and reorganizing a pile of bones in different dragonlike shapes to satisfy their own internal ideas about what they should look like. Ever see the "man in the moon" or the "face on mars"? Dinosaur fossils work the same way. Why else would they look so much like dragons?

In reality, these bones were all part of one, gigantic countless-headed creature. It's unclear if this was a race of beings or one, single entity. To gaze upon such a being would literally drive a human insane, and it ruled the Earth for millions of years before mysteriously dying.

If that sounds unsettling, consider this: The only way something like this nameless being could have died and had ots parts scattered all over the Earth is if something even more terrible killed it.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Otzi the Ice Man was killed by velociraptors using bows & arrows. They just say it was people to protect the Reptoids.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Cnut the Great posted:

9. The little girl who voiced Duckie was violently murdered by her own father when she was ten years old

just read the wiki

:(

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

PyPy posted:

I can confirm this.

bad dad

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
13. Dinosaurs went extinct: wrong they walk among us

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
9. Denver was not in fact the last dinorsaur. His brother Dennis was.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

PotatoManJack posted:

9. Denver was not in fact the last dinorsaur. His brother Dennis was.

This is a good dinofact!

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

EX250 Type R posted:

dinosaurs actually had feathers
they found like one fossil with feather marks after over a century looking with nothing to show for it and all of a sudden this was thrown around like fact and every fossil with anything to do with feathers ever since then is added to the evidence for all dinosaurs having feather because "well its probably a dinosaur feather its old"
nevermind that theyre tarding up imagery of dinosaurs with pictures of dinosaurs covered in feathers that we recognize as the type birds use for flight whereas flightless dinosaur feathers would not have evolutionary pressure toward that design and would likely have feathers you likely wouldnt even call feathers if you saw one
and its always brightly-colored bird feathers theyre covered by with all range of purposes because surely based on this no-evidence the velociraptor adorned every color of the rainbow

paleontologists need to get loving real jobs

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
9. paleontologists need to get real loving jobs

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

gary oldmans diary posted:

they found like one fossil with feather marks after over a century looking with nothing to show for it and all of a sudden this was thrown around like fact and every fossil with anything to do with feathers ever since then is added to the evidence for all dinosaurs having feather because "well its probably a dinosaur feather its old"
nevermind that theyre tarding up imagery of dinosaurs with pictures of dinosaurs covered in feathers that we recognize as the type birds use for flight whereas flightless dinosaur feathers would not have evolutionary pressure toward that design and would likely have feathers you likely wouldnt even call feathers if you saw one
and its always brightly-colored bird feathers theyre covered by with all range of purposes because surely based on this no-evidence the velociraptor adorned every color of the rainbow

paleontologists need to get loving real jobs

There are many fossils of feather imprints now. We even know that a microraptor was coloured black, white and red.

How do feathers make dinosaurs less cool? Is a tiger less cool because it has fur? How about wolves, bears or leopards?

The feathers many dinosaurs would have had were downy feathers, like the kind young birds have before their flight feathers come in.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Dinosaur facts:

Dinosaurs are dumb

disosaurs are noodlebrains
disnossaurs are chowderheads

dinosaurs ened to shut the heck up!

NVJ
Apr 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
dinosaurs died cos they were all fags and died cos they couldnt reproduce

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
I had no idea Six Sweater Charlie was so smart about dinosaurs

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

dinosaucers animated series is based on facts, but us governement tries to rewrite the history thus it's really hard to get dinosaucers on dvd. sign my petition on change.org to help get the truth out

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
Extreme Dinosaurs was a cartoon in the 90s. The title pretty much says everything you need to know.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

dimetrodon is not a dinosaur; he is a synapsid

cool gecko

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
One year they have feathers, the next they don't. Make up your loving minds.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

it is actually a water buffalo.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Volcott posted:

One year they have feathers, the next they don't. Make up your loving minds.

They just were molting okay it happens

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Bismuth posted:

13. Dinosaurs went extinct: wrong they walk among us

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
dinosaurs are HOT and I want to gently caress them.

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax

Cnut the Great posted:

yup yup yup

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
this whole thread is lies not a word of it is true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
9. Hot dogs are not a sandwich

• Locked thread