Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
I took first year physics and Calc III almost 10 years ago. I don't even remember how to take the derivative of a simple equation.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

SweetKarma posted:

I took first year physics and Calc III almost 10 years ago. I don't even remember how to take the derivative of a simple equation.
just
keep
posting

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

numberoneposter posted:

just
keep
posting

Nobody
Thinks
You're
Funny

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

some people do ill check up on this thread in a bit enjoy math chat sry i dont meant to be to much of a jerk

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

extra stout posted:

may you have the luck of the cat, ghost person.

谢谢!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
when i went back to school i simply could not wrap my head around statistics. it made me feel incredibly stupid in a way that is usually reserved for my life choices.

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich
"The pressure gauge on a tank registers the gauge pressure, which is the difference between the interior pressure and exterior pressure."

I'm pretty sure this means it's 9kg divided by about 45 atmospheres.
Half of school is just reading the dang questions.

BTW STEM nerds, I have a philosophy degree.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
*goes to an interview @ CVS*

I can do calculus. Please give me the salaried position. No I don't have "experience" I have over 100 hours of doing math on the calculator that cost 400 dollars back in 2005.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Demonachizer posted:

What are you going to school for? I went back older than you and math is the worst part. Linear algebra is a loving headache as an example. If you only have to do calc then it won't be too bad.

I'm going "back" to school for a computer science degree. I have all the math I need. Math is easy, physics is hard.

ahrehrejhejajaj
Aug 26, 2016

by zen death robot

Serious Frolicking posted:

when i went back to school i simply could not wrap my head around statistics. it made me feel incredibly stupid in a way that is usually reserved for my life choices.

math is not hard. i remember u were struggling with matrixes or some such. stats and coding are very powerful together

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

ahrehrejhejajaj posted:

math is not hard. i remember u were struggling with matrixes or some such. stats and coding are very powerful together

You can't be serious.

ahrehrejhejajaj
Aug 26, 2016

by zen death robot

SweetKarma posted:

You can't be serious.

stem is an attitude not a practice :p

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
i went back to college to get my masters degree in sexhaving

but i failed

ahrehrejhejajaj
Aug 26, 2016

by zen death robot
sometimes i just go outside and pick up women and gently caress them and move in with them for a couple days then never talk to them again

i bet i would get lots of upvotes if i was slashdot on cnn for something HEINOUS i mean AWESOME

I MEAN

UR SPERGS LOL

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

ahrehrejhejajaj posted:

stem is an attitude not a practice :p

stem is gay

ahrehrejhejajaj
Aug 26, 2016

by zen death robot
i enjoy being a social engineer in and out of prison alive or dead in pain or not though i have preferences and ethics is this code to u ppl

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
i enjoy being a butt fuckerr in and out of prison alive or dead in pain or not though i have preferences and ethics is this code to u ppl

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it is nice to be reminded of how no matter how badly i gently caress up, at least i'm not dare. thanks, dare!

ahrehrejhejajaj
Aug 26, 2016

by zen death robot
thats coo np catherine

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
what do you need a degree for when you've already got an SA forums account

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Serious Frolicking posted:

it is nice to be reminded of how no matter how badly i gently caress up, at least i'm not dare. thanks, dare!

I didn't notice it was dare and couldn't tell if I'd had a stroke

ahrehrejhejajaj
Aug 26, 2016

by zen death robot
p0w

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I can't wait to hear about all your life experience four times a week.

ahrehrejhejajaj
Aug 26, 2016

by zen death robot
the only way to win is not to play the game

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I have a job so i cant go to school anymore

If i was rich and jobless i woukd probably study psychiatry, so i coukd help all the briken people on these forums

ahrehrejhejajaj
Aug 26, 2016

by zen death robot
if i was rich id just brainwash a mic in boots into a puppet while pretending to be weak and hope he has the brain power to analyze this and catch up

if it takes showing my neck and belly to a house full of ppl or 1 measly planet thats fine with me

cosmic consonance etc

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

SweetKarma posted:

you can review Calc 1 in about a page. Power rule, product rule, chain rule, derivatives are a linear operator.

That's about it.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
im 31 and im considering going to school for mechanical engineering because it seems like it would get me a decent paying job, I did a few semesters of community college a few years ago and did well but I ran out of time for it. The math stuff is my only real concern because college algebra is like the highest math ive ever taken, but I really just don't know what else to bother with pursuing

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

I realized at age 35 that I wanted to be an environmental engineer. Knocked out the first half of my school's degree requirement at a community college that had a transfer program specifically set up for the university I wanted to attend. I'm just finishing my first week of classes at the university today.

Gonna be 40 when I graduate, but it's better than being 41, or 45, or not doing it at all. My classmates at the CC were pretty chill about me being an old fart and I haven't seen anything different here yet.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Went back and started my PhD last year at 31, going from science to engineering. I managed to somehow pass all of my classes and qualifying exam and now I just have a couple of more years of research left, no more classes (came in with an MS). There are other olds in the program besides me but most people are in their early to mid 20's.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

VendaGoat posted:

According to the person at the enrollment office...

"First year Physics are designed to eliminate people." "No one" (and I loving am quoting her) Passes on the first try.

Just loving think about that. 100% failure rate, no matter how smart or knowledgeable an applicant. Flat out telling the entire world to, in a nutshell, Go gently caress Yourself.

How is it a loving incentive to attend this "institution"?
It's important to be able to deal productively with koanesque situations, imo.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Op is going to be the old person in class.

Make sure to ask lots of questions. You are paying for the education, so ask every question that pops into your head.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
I am in my 30s and going for a masters and most of the people are in their late 20s so I don't feel like a loving old piece of turd.

Beats undergrad in my late 20s when the instructor assigns a 2 page paper and three dumb chicks behind you are shocked and appalled and won't shut up about it during lecture.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
I'm going back to finish my degree at 30. Probably will be weird.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Just went back to school at 32 for a medical degree, but the average age for the class is 26 and everyone already had to get 4.0's in pre-reqs over the last year or two and actually wants to be there, it's like the opposite of when I got my first degree. A decade ago :smith:

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Hello Sailor posted:

I realized at age 35 that I wanted to be an environmental engineer. Knocked out the first half of my school's degree requirement at a community college that had a transfer program specifically set up for the university I wanted to attend. I'm just finishing my first week of classes at the university today.

Gonna be 40 when I graduate, but it's better than being 41, or 45, or not doing it at all. My classmates at the CC were pretty chill about me being an old fart and I haven't seen anything different here yet.

what were you doing with your life prior to that? I have a wife and kids and a cushy 'government' desk job that has great pay and benefits but with a use it or lose GI bill deadline looming in the next few years I feel like I really should try for more than a diploma and two semesters of CC. The program I am interested is a 2 year engineering degree with a built in transfer to a state university for a 4yr degree with the caveat that no grade can have ever been lower than a C and the average has to be at least a B but my big hang up is a lot of advanced math I have never had to learn or do before. I am not bad at math, I just don't know if I could do it without having ever done it before :/

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Hello Sailor posted:

:respek:

i decided to change careers at 34. my previous one led to a research position in europe that ended less than well. so, i decided either to pursue being an accountant, actuary or engineer. i was scared off by the engineer route, terrible at physics and hated calculus when i had it in high school. acturial science seemed like a huge time commitment until you are licensed (6 years?), so i decided on accountancy. already have two internships lined up and have friends in ireland and france that are in a position to hire a scrub such as myself. all the youngs in my classes think i am 25-26, lol.

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
college is gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i did the same three years ago and I'm nearly done now. you will have fun op. some 20 year olds will think your creepy if you hit on em. don't be discouraged, there are lots out there with daddy issues for you to find.

also remember to do your work and get good grades. your not going to get a third chance

• Locked thread