Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

Apocron is obvious scum to me, and since TMM was a traitor there are probably two scum left. If Jimson is refusing to say the word it's most likely a TMM/Jimson/Apo scumteam.

Really thought we wouldn't be in this position after the GT lynch. Town has been really disappointing this game.

:ironicat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Lol time to say what I've already said before

I am town. But tbh probably best to lynch me. At least then we can unequivically lynch kashunk with no arguments and stop his dumb little ERMAGERD MAH FRIEND DOC

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Also if I knew what word to say I would say it right here and now.

Let's all think about the fact that Kashuno said he got asiina to say the word because it was hamilton related. Yet he knows me irl and still didn't pic a word I would say.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If you're town you'd realize lynching you at this point could lose the game.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

Also if I knew what word to say I would say it right here and now.

Let's all think about the fact that Kashuno said he got asiina to say the word because it was hamilton related. Yet he knows me irl and still didn't pic a word I would say.

PBS picked the word before I subbed in

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Hiipfire. Please don't fall for the obvious Bottle Knight and Kashuno scum team. We can still save this game.if you need any confirmation on Bottle Knight go reread day one and see how he tries to deflect everyone away from TMM. Kashuno is now sticking up for BK so he's scum too.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Apocron posted:

Hiipfire. Please don't fall for the obvious Bottle Knight and Kashuno scum team. We can still save this game.if you need any confirmation on Bottle Knight go reread day one and see how he tries to deflect everyone away from TMM. Kashuno is now sticking up for BK so he's scum too.

TMM was a scum traitor so BK had no way to know he was scum

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Apocron posted:

Why do you always bring up this stupid idiot point about a scum traitor whose alignment I could not have known and not the fact that I cased the poo poo out of him as well?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

As in, my posting re: TMM doesn't have anything to do with my alignment because regardless of my alignment I could not have known his.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Man you guys are so defensive and scummy it's laughable. You can feel how desperate you both are to win. You're so close you can taste it but your post histories are so lame that you have no chance. Sorry you won't get your scum team win this time!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Apocron posted:

Man you guys are so defensive and scummy it's laughable. You can feel how desperate you both are to win. You're so close you can taste it but your post histories are so lame that you have no chance. Sorry you won't get your scum team win this time!

I understand why you're attempting to tunnel me, Apo, but you've played your card without even bothering to read the thread.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Apocron posted:

Pointing out a flaw in your logic is defensive today I learned!

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Huh... thats weird.

##vote Apocron

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

##vote apocron

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##vote apocron

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Backed against a cliff, a stone floor a hundred feet behind him, Apocron screams in frustation.

“You idiots, can’t you see? Those two have been playing us the whole time, they’re what’s been picking us off, not some monster!”

Jimson steps forward and pushes him off.

Apocron, Greg King, Town Vanilla has been lynched day six!

“Heh, well that takes care of th-...”

Kashuno steps up and does the same to Jimson.

Jimson, Brandon Burn, Town Vigilante was endgamed day six!

BottleKnight and Kashuno turn to face Hiipfire, who is standing back nonplussed.

“So, uh, we cool?” Asks Hiipfire.

They step towards him and Hiipfire barrels past, choosing to join his fallen friends rather than suffer under their hands.

Hiipfire, Jack Alvis, Town Vanilla was endgamed day 6!

“So, what now?” asks BottleKnight.

Kashuno rubs his chin in thought. “I.. hm, that should have done it. I don’t know, honestly.”

Then it’s all around them, a hideous groaning and shifting sound. The two survivors grab whatever they can for support, but soon even the stone underneath them is rattling and shifting. They scream as the floor falls out, and they descend into darkness.

“God, I think my arm is broken.”

“poo poo, you’re alive? I’m alive? How did that work?”

“I don’t know,” a flashlight flickers on, “But I think we don’t have to worry about that anymore.”

Ahead, there are five doors faintly illuminated. Not stone, but of various wood grains.

“So the theory about them polluting the ‘neural network’ or whatever…”

“Yeah, looks like that was right. I wish I could remember why. With just the two of us though,” they gesture, “Easy enough, right?”

“Right, right. Just a one in five shot, and we’re home.”

“Or, we’re somewhere else. We’re back here. We do this again.”

They look towards each other and nod, clasping hands. With shaking and bruised limbs, they limp forward towards the middle door, and into the unknown.

Kashuno, Dalton Turner, Scum Chatter/Converter has won the game!

BottleKnight, Shawna Mailer, Scum Janitor/Party Host has won the game!

TMMadman, Dalia Toomey, Scum Traitor Roleblocker/Godfather has won the game!

Writeup incoming.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
God tier

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Apocron posted:

:agreed:

I enjoyed reading this one, gj yall

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Jimson, you are awful.

You all should have hung Kashuno a long time ago.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

yw tmm

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

We won the game for TMM, you're welcome, I'm very happy we did this for grateful scum brethren TMM.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
8 Town, 3 Scum

1. Town Cop

- Can investigate the dead, loses Cop power if they investigate the 'godfather.'

2. Town Guard

- 1 shot BP, once per game can redirect ALL night kills to them.

3. Town Forensic Investigator

- Uncovers Janitor Kills.

4. Town Vig.

- Night Vig. Can only kill players with fewer posts. Has to solve a maze before they can use their kill.

5. Town Backup

- Can backup ANY role, but the backup is a targeted night action. Has a N0 action. Never gains scum nightkill power.

6. Town Vanilla

7. Town Vanilla

8. Town Vanilla

9. Scum chatter/converter

- Can recruit a mason partner n0 and on. Selects a codeword at the start of the game from a list, if the codeword is said by their partner and they are the traitor, the traitor is converted to join scumteam actual. May use a recruit night action alternatively.

10. Scum Janitor Party Host

- Hides flip info from their kill target. Upon death a list of every player who has visited them is published to the thread.

11. Traitor Roleblocker/Godfather

- Standard roleblock action. Different from standard godfather in that they investigate as scum but cause the Cop to lose their powers if investigated.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

We won the game for TMM, you're welcome, I'm very happy we did this for grateful scum brethren TMM.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

I would have rather seen town win.

I stand by my opinion that Kash's strategy to not kill on N2 was horrible and did nothing but drag down the desire to participate in this game. Especially when combined with not lynching Kash on D2. I still don't know what town was thinking there. I mean, yeah, I was scum but Kash was obvious scum there as well. Yeah, the blocked kills on N1/N3 didn't help, but after N3, town definitely should have lynched you. And Retro getting mod killed was a killer for town.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
So, hey, thanks for playing. This game really went off the rails in a way that I absolutely did not anticipate. I think I made a few errors in modding which contributed to that, but I hope that's looked upon with indulgence as I specifically ran this to get a feel for modding again.

I did not anticipate that flerp would use their ability night 1, but I figured if they did they would probably die from the janitor/vig doubleshot. However, Jimson was not able to solve their maze due to the lack of a computer so v0v. I had no idea the Cop would question their results after losing their investigation powers, I felt like I was as honest as possible there. The scum decided not to submit a nightkill n2, which I allowed as I had not specifically written a restriction against this in their role pm and seemed like a valid if improbable strategy. In the future I would probably include such wording, as I think the lack of flips killed some of the game momentum.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks for the game Somber. I have nothing wrong with the game itself, just one player and the way they decided to play.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I will stand by forever opting to not NK can and is a smart strategic move at certain times

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Thanks for the game Somber. I have nothing wrong with the game itself, just one player and the way they decided to play.

Yeah I know you have a problem with winning :smug:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I do think the backup role was kinda cool, sorry if it was unfun Glitch but I wanted a way for the town to regain investigate actions if opop did lose his powers night one, which did happen. I think putting two investigative roles in their setup might have been a bit much since the scum only had two 'real' powers, and they were not able to communicate at the start.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I think scum was vastly overpowered in this game fwiw

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Kashuno posted:

I think scum was vastly overpowered in this game fwiw

Well, BK had two passive roles, you had mason powers which... i dunno, was that useful? TMMadman was the strongest role in that he had the only active power and a nasty passive power, but could not communicate with the team. BK's janitor power was directly countered by Asiina's forensic power.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Somberbrero posted:

Well, BK had two passive roles, you had mason powers which... i dunno, was that useful? TMMadman was the strongest role in that he had the only active power and a nasty passive power, but could not communicate with the team. BK's janitor power was directly countered by Asiina's forensic power.

Well it was only useful because town believed he was essentially another cop.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
also jimson never used his vig, which could easily have put scum in a rough position. if you had even no-lynched today and he used it tonight, it'd carry the game forward to day 7.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

TMMadman posted:

Jimson, you are awful.

You all should have hung Kashuno a long time ago.

Hey. Don't say I'm awful. I was sitting on that Kashuno vote for hours. There just wasn't any traction at all. So excuse me for moving to someone who had an out of character post.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Somberbrero posted:

also jimson never used his vig, which could easily have put scum in a rough position. if you had even no-lynched today and he used it tonight, it'd carry the game forward to day 7.

Yeah, but with Jimson it was probably more likely he would have killed town. Just look at that awful vote that ended the game.

Apo had it right that Kash/BK were desperately looking for the win.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

TMMadman posted:

Well it was only useful because town believed he was essentially another cop.

I never quite got that honestly. I mean, yes technically, but no one thought it was weird there two cops?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

I never quite got that honestly. I mean, yes technically, but no one thought it was weird there two cops?

I am a smooth talker

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Yeah, but with Jimson it was probably more likely he would have killed town. Just look at that awful vote that ended the game.

Apo had it right that Kash/BK were desperately looking for the win.

Lol there was absolutely no chance of me getting lynched today

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Well I was ready for town to lose the game when Asiina made the really dumb choice to kill GlitchThief over BottleKnight so I'm not altogether surprised that Jimson flipped and did something dumb to lose it for town. All in all I'm happy I made it to the end and was right in all my scum calls and I feel like if I was playing with people who actually cared about winning we would have had this sewn up a few days ago. Thanks for the game Somberero!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I think my ability should have been a passive block of the janitored kills, but other than that it was fine. 11 player games are always tricky for balance.

• Locked thread