Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

TEH Zombie Penguin posted:

Well, I've had enough for about 3 lifetimes so I'm not really missing it.

Hey there penguin friend!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Gently KRS posted:

What's the best breakfast drink gbs?
Personally I'm a fan of the classics, bloody mary and a screwdriver, then I'm on my way

yeah it's those.gently caress mimosas

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I don't think I have ever had a drink before noon. Not on purpose or anything, I'm just not sure my stomach could handle it.

Utterly Irrelephant
Sep 6, 2007
ive got a rocket in my pocket
I'm sober now, but I had a problem. If I could just have a couple I would.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

OctoberBlues posted:

I don't think I have ever had a drink before noon. Not on purpose or anything, I'm just not sure my stomach could handle it.

If you do you'll end up like Hemingway. Convinced the FBI is tapping your phone and no one believes you but really they are, so you shoot yourself in the head.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

a dog from hell posted:

If you do you'll end up like Hemingway. Convinced the FBI is tapping your phone and no one believes you but really they are, so you shoot yourself in the head.

I visited Ketchum, Idaho a few weeks ago, sadly the public is not allowed in or near the house where Hemingway shot himself. :(

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
That sucks. The world is closing in. Take a drink.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I enjoy alcohol and other things in moderation and it is 100% possible to get drunk/high as gently caress on a friday, then not drink again for a few days or even a few weeks. In fact i don't really understand how drinking or sobriety is a lifestyle that anyone should define themselves by.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

a dog from hell posted:

Weed is better for your body but absolutely not better for the ulterior motive: escapism.

I had problems with opiates for years so no argument there.

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures
I'm going to get super loaded as soon as this shift is over and I'm really excited! :)

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
I am celebrating another unfruitful day of looking for work. :)

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
poo poo it all goes under. We await the over.

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe

OctoberBlues posted:

Hey there penguin friend!!!

i'm a shaaaaaaark.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

i'm a shaaaaaaark.

You're a penguin. A zombie penguin, but a penguin nonetheless. Friend.

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe

OctoberBlues posted:

You're a penguin. A zombie penguin, but a penguin nonetheless. Friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8P_WDzxklE

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
Oh God I'm dying

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Powercrazy posted:

it is 100% possible to get drunk/high as gently caress on a friday, then not drink again for a few days or even a few weeks

for some. not for others. some people are different. everybody poops

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

You're kind of rude for a penguin

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe

OctoberBlues posted:

You're kind of rude for a penguin

this ain't byob, shitbird.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
BYOB is awful

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

this ain't byob, shitbird.

piss off fukkboi

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe
:ok:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

OMGVBFLOL posted:

some people are different. everybody poops

Hmm. Sounds like bullshit

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
op sobriety is overrated

get crunk, smoke weed, have fun, and do great things

Ricardio
Dec 3, 2012

Completely Consensual

dethkon posted:

What's the nastiest thing you ever drank?

Stale beer with cigarette butts in it.

Edit: It tasted bad.

Ricardio fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Aug 27, 2016

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I gotta drive my sorry rear end all the way to Commerce tomorrow morning by 7 so im sober tonight ):

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Nooner posted:

I gotta drive my sorry rear end all the way to Commerce tomorrow morning by 7 so im sober tonight ):

How bout those Dodgers you stupid rear end in a top hat?!?!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

OctoberBlues posted:

How bout those Dodgers you stupid rear end in a top hat?!?!

about to beat the cubs

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
nothing beats a screwdriver

nothing

but gin & sour is p dece

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones

a dog from hell posted:

When it comes to addicts this is definitely the point. I think you are projecting.

i think being annoyed at drug addicts for incorrectly assuming im on on drugs might be the opposite of projecting but sure

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
junkies be junkin' . thas all im sayin

Machine Cult
Dec 23, 2005

A TEXT IS HERE
So is this the drinking thread or what? Cause sobriety is terrible and I'm drinking right now.

got fired from Snopes
Aug 28, 2014
'Smoke weed everyday.' - Snoopy the Dog

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

hemophilia posted:

I can't remember my exact state of mind and emotions the first time I smoked a weed, or when i took pills for the first time, but I was in enough distress that i forsook my as of then straight edge attitude about any mind altering substance and threw it out the window to make myself feel better, and since then i've never been more than a phone call away from some drugs, but with sobriety stints, and sobriety is good sometimes but when my brain chemsitry goes sour it's actually p. dangerous and the more i think about it the more i realize i probably need professional help.

If the concept of 'sobriety stints' doesn't sound completely absurd in your mind then you most assuredly need professional help years ago. It's never too late.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

William Stoner posted:

Also, people who are sober because they once had a problem are basically the coolest type of people.

Being sober isn't good itself, it's being sober after not being sober that's really cools.

Those people suck are and generally uninteresting because they make being sober, the normal and good state from which it ok to take the occasional vacation, their entire identity.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Powercrazy posted:

I enjoy alcohol and other things in moderation and it is 100% possible to get drunk/high as gently caress on a friday, then not drink again for a few days or even a few weeks. In fact i don't really understand how drinking or sobriety is a lifestyle that anyone should define themselves by.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
maybe people get hosed up because they realize our society is a sham and therse nothing they can do about it

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Lol at people who say "haha look at these idiots slowly killing themselves". Do you think you will not die? Congrats on gaining another 5 years of miserable existance in a retirement home

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
the world would be better if everyone was on acid 24/7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals
its not for everyone

• Locked thread