Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

NBA 2k17 is out September 20th on PC/PS4/Xbone

NBA Live was mercifully put out to pasture.(again). Apparently the Mobile game isn't terrible...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cunKB_QIqA4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQKDcMxTAfw

Seeing Rose in a Knicks Jersey still hurts my soul :smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcAZduTwQbo

Edit: Forgot to mention gently caress Coach K, and gently caress Duke forever.

So lets hype and get ready to play some ba *unable to connect to NBA 2k Servers*

Dexo fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Aug 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Hey, we were mostly stable at launch last year :shobon:

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Huh, them releasing the prelude to the mycareer poo poo early and for free is pretty interesting. Also looks like they hopefully went back more towards the old style of mycareer.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Seltzer posted:

Did you change the in game pausing mechanism?

It's seriously the one thing deciding if I buy the game or not

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I hope you go to the Olympics and you just play by NBA Jam rules

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
'is this the president of basketball'

'uh sure, yea'

I kinda love this because now I don't know of 'prez' is the new 'freq' for our game given nickname to make dialogue easier to record or if this was the first time anyone ever called the character that and he's just like 'yea sure let's see what happens'.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
It's gonna be a single game where it's you on the USA team vs. Australia for the gold medal, I bet.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Prelude isn't available on PC lol

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

'is this the president of basketball'

'uh sure, yea'

I kinda love this because now I don't know of 'prez' is the new 'freq' for our game given nickname to make dialogue easier to record or if this was the first time anyone ever called the character that and he's just like 'yea sure let's see what happens'.

Now I'm hoping that they just went off the deep end and admitting that it's a Sports RPG means it's actually an alternate sci-fi universe where political action is decided through sick dunks and you just won the 2016 election. Team USA is actually the name for the greatest military force the world has ever seen

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Now I'm hoping that they just went off the deep end and admitting that it's a Sports RPG means it's actually an alternate sci-fi universe where political action is decided through sick dunks and you just won the 2016 election. Team USA is actually the name for the greatest military force the world has ever seen

Does this mean Delly is the president of Australia?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I just really want them to make My Career just bonkers. Keep everything else simulationist and all because that's also fun but yea if we're gonna seriously be saying the words 'sports RPG' I want some anime bullshit then.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I want forced cutscenes to go away forever. Please stop making me talk to Harden for the 900th time

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Pre ordered the Purple edition. Feel that was a mistake, I want the VC but I dont care about Kobe that much :/

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I just really want them to make My Career just bonkers. Keep everything else simulationist and all because that's also fun but yea if we're gonna seriously be saying the words 'sports RPG' I want some anime bullshit then.

I also wish to play Kuroko's Basket: The Video Game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FeY2P4PqsY

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Wait the other guy in that trailer is just UCB's own Matt Walsh, right?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

zelah posted:

Wait the other guy in that trailer is just UCB's own Matt Walsh, right?

Yes, in story mode you can skip the NBA and join the Pro Thunderball league.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15m_i6QPAXE

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Aug 30, 2016

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
FYI, you can get this shipped to you and delivered on release day from Amazon for $48 if you have prime. Legend, etc is also cheaper. Probably the best deal if you intend to play this at release.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Somebody on /r/nba2k just translated a big list of features from community days:

General/Gameplay
Over 300 shoes are in NBA 2K17, all of them are 3D scanned for detail including retro shoes
Over 700 new offensive and defensive animations
Dynamic broadcast teams confirmed with 11 commentators who will support the main team. These change based on the city you play in.
All 30 teams now have freelance offense
Tons of new Offenses and Defenses with over 6,000 adjustments. These will be updated throughout during the season
Advanced Rotation - Users can determine which players stand together on the field in a game.
All shots (except dunks) have their own timing point for the release.
Now possible to retire a player's jersey
Online matchmaking can be "personalized" (no more same color jerseys)
User must combo dribble moves to do the fancy ones
New steal system, more user skill dependent
Game is easier for new players on lower levels
CPU Players bring more actions offside the ball (get free, cuts etc)
New post-up game, contact zone
New rebounds and putbacks
Smart coach gives detailed feedback during the game
Arena-specific sounds for all 30 teams including including buzzers, balls, fans.

MyTEAM
Redesigned cards, six new Gem-Levels, Moments, Historic franchises, Theme Packs
Dynamic Duos give a special bonus if you have two players who play well together in real life. For ex if you use Steph and Klay together.
MyLEAGUE Online
MyLeague Online is now 80 seasons
Players develop more
New admin features including massive offseason decisions.

Pro-Am
Leaderboards have been added to Pro-Am (?)
Team owner controls the roster BUT the team can play without the owner
Player stats are saved
Three team tiers: amateur, pro and elite, there will be more VC on the elite level

Blacktop
Users can create their own rules
Spectators allowed
Player intros added

Commentator teams interest me greatly. Maybe in a few years they'll get local broadcast teams so not every game of yours is called by TNT.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Every year I hope for a playable Doris Burke.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Just fix:
-Auto double-team at the start of every game, entirely changing how basketball is supposed to be played
-Dumb rear end shooters that hold the ball 2 inches from the 3-point line instead of stepping up and shooting

-Dwight, stop camping at the 3-point line

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I just want to know if they fixed replays/highlights for the PC version

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I agree 100% with their new team ratings

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Gonna wait til a black friday/holiday sale on this. The changes look nice but I still haven't found out if they fixed the pausing issue in game and I don't play myteam seriously enough to care about early bonuses.

what does

quote:

six new Gem-Levels
mean. Was already thorough enough with the five they had imo

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Its like last year, except each card color covers a smaller overall range.

Here is a good write up of some of the new features for this year
http://www.operationsports.com/features/2566/nba-2k17-features-improvements-across-the-board-heres-75-of-them/

There are also a lot more features that I havent seen mentioned as far as I can tell

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I'm probably going to rent this on release day so I can maximize my experience in the real game: The MyNBA 2K17 Mobile Card Game

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Is double-tap shoot while driving=Euro step back yet

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

Its like last year, except each card color covers a smaller overall range.

Here is a good write up of some of the new features for this year
http://www.operationsports.com/features/2566/nba-2k17-features-improvements-across-the-board-heres-75-of-them/

There are also a lot more features that I havent seen mentioned as far as I can tell

Coach K is the tutorial narrator, to truly recreate the NCAA experience on every level

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Coach K is the tutorial narrator, to truly recreate the NCAA experience on every level

I hope the Coach K AI will lock you out of game modes or refuse to let your myPlayer off the bench if it looks like you are having too much fun.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Sky Shadowing posted:

Arena-specific sounds for all 30 teams including including buzzers, balls, fans.

"Sit down, Meyers!!!" - my mom as heard in NBA 2k17

A lot of this sounds cool and I'm am looking forward to it

tank is raid leader O.K.
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck you say about the Emperor?

Does anyone have any idea whether the ability to move/rename/rebrand your team will still be in my league this year? Honestly the best part of 2k16 was being able to create my own team, move them to bumfuck nowhere, and staff it with me/my friends etc. It'd be a shame if I couldn't do that this year.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

It is not only still present but improved. You can now also have expansion teams (up to 6) so that you don't have to pick a team to move. You can just create more out of the ether.

Also you can save and share them so if someone creates a really neat team others can use it too.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

zelah posted:

"Sit down, Meyers!!!" - my mom as heard in NBA 2k17

A lot of this sounds cool and I'm am looking forward to it

I need the lady that screams Westbrook's name every time he shoots a free throw

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

cravius posted:

I need the lady that screams Westbrook's name every time he shoots a free throw

Sorry I wasn't available

tank is raid leader O.K.
Apr 6, 2009

Sky Shadowing posted:

It is not only still present but improved. You can now also have expansion teams (up to 6) so that you don't have to pick a team to move. You can just create more out of the ether.

Also you can save and share them so if someone creates a really neat team others can use it too.

Nice. Sounds great.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
http://www.operationsports.com/features/2568/nba-2k17-gameplay-blog-with-gameplay-director-mike-wang-/

Big writeup on gameplay improvements and changes

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Sky Shadowing posted:

Can you add expansion teams to MyCareer?

The answer is probably 'no' but I wish.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
https://www.facebook.com/notes/nba-2k/nba-2k17-mycareer-blog/10153795803517267

This sounds loving awesome, really excited to play the prologue poo poo.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea this poo poo all sounds good, that myplayer stuff sounds like it could be a huge jump ahead too.

As much as I joked about 'Sports RPG', stuff like a buddy played by Michael B. Jordan who's functionally an assist character and you have poo poo like more dynamic sounding endorsement systems sounds like exactly what a thing like myplayer needed.

also your mycourt thing not being this weird basketball pocket dimension and actually being a place that gets interacted with and all is nice.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Oh crap it really is Matt Walsh. This got even better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tank is raid leader O.K.
Apr 6, 2009

That MyCareer write up sounds pretty loving awesome. There's only one thing I want to know now... so they're going to team you up with another player. Fine. The duo are going to be known as "Orange Juice"... okay... does that mean I'm Orange? Or Juice? Jesus, after having to put up with "Freq" last year can I just pick my own bloody nickname this year?

• Locked thread