Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Hello and welcome to Super SMASH Soldiers, a Mafia variant game!

Signup Thread Link: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3787632
Opposing Thread Link: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788071

The Basics
This game will consist of two separate twenty-player threads, for a total of forty players. Each thread will be a standard game of mafia. There are no third parties. There are two teams, a RED TEAM and a BLUE TEAM. The objective of the game is to kill the ruler of the opposing team's thread. In addition to normal mafia, each night phase will consist of a round of Smash between the two teams. There is a scum team in each thread that is aligned with the opposing team. Rulers should try to avoid putting scum in their brawl rosters, or bad things may happen!

Players will have a number of abilities that will be labeled as HOME or BRAWL abilities. HOME abilities can only be used when you are not involved in the brawl that night, and BRAWL abilities can only be used while involved in the brawl. Reading of the opposing thread is allowed and encouraged.

All standard Mafia rules are in play. Don't be a dick, please.

:siren: Lynches Community KOs are by MAJORITY, which means that a No-KO is possible! If one thread No-KOs, the other thread's ruler gets to pick one person from the thread to KO. :siren:

Rulers
Each thread will have a ruler in the form of either Master Hand or Crazy Hand. These rulers are mod confirmed town, and may not be targeted by the scum team for the night KO. In addition, the ruler of each team will know the scum team that is infiltrating the enemy army. This means Crazy Hand, the Red team ruler, will know who the Red team members are among Master Hand's Blue team. Rulers are also responsible for picking the stage of the next match, the combatants who enter each match, and a variety of other decisions that may or may not come into play as the matches progress. Rulers may not enter combat until they cannot field enough combatants, or they have an ability or stage that allows them to do so.

Brawling

Activity Flow
"DAY PHASE: Players may vote and use any HOME abilities that indicate they can be used during the day. By the end of the DAY phase, rulers must submit their brawl rosters to the mod. Brawling will consist of four members from each team. In addition, the loser of the previous brawl will choose the stage for the brawl. The DAY phase ends when both threads have performed a lynch Community KO or the deadline is up. The Community KO flips will be posted at the end of this phase.

PRELIMINARY PHASE: After each DAY, there will be a PRELIMINARY phase where the brawl rosters and stage are posted. The thread will remain open during this time. During the PRELIMINARY phase, only Preliminary phase abilities may be used. This phase will be relatively short.

BRAWL PHASE: Once this phase begins, teams are finalized and the BRAWL begins. The thread will be closed during this phase. During the BRAWL phase, players may use HOME or BRAWL abilities depending on whether they are in the brawl or not. All players using abilities must submit their ability and any applicable targets to the mod, who will then work with the other mod to finalize brawl results, damage, and death. Any player who does not submit an action will not act at all."

Damage & Health
In Smash Bros, damage is done in percentages(%). As they take damage, players are more likely to be KO'd by abilities that hit them. In addition, some abilities have modifiers that increase or reduce the likelihood of death. These modifiers, in order of strength, are: slightly, greatly, significantly, vastly. There are also abilities than cannot KO, as well as moves that are instant KOs.

All players start at 0% health, and gain % as they take damage. % can go up to 999%, and KOs are generally guaranteed around the 110% damage range. While it normally takes multiple combat instances to reach a high enough % to be KO'd, Smash is a wild game and death may also happen at low percentages. :siren: At no time are you allowed to use a number to detail your current % in the thread! :siren: You may use qualifier such as hurt, very hurt, healthy, etc. to describe your status to your team. Each thread gets ONE warning for this before bad things start happening!

Rulers cannot be instantly KO'd, and have set HP Values. When a ruler takes enough damage, they are killed instantly.

Stages
In the following post, the possible stages will be listed, with stages that are no longer available to be chosen removed from the list of stages, and new ones rotated in. Each stage will only be usable once. The ruler of the thread who lost the most members in the previous combat is allowed to choose the stage each night. If losses were equal, the decider is picked at random.

1. CapitalistPig
  2. CCKeane
  3. dongsbot 9000
  4. Dugong
  5. GulagDolls
  6. Infinitum
  7. Iron Chef Ramen
  8. JakeP
  9. JimsonTheBetrayer
  10. Li Dawny
  11. Little Mac
  12. Mayor Glowku
  13. Moatillata
  14. PBS Newshour
  15. Pinterest Mom
  16. Samfucius
  17. SirSamVimes
  18. Spiros
  19. Tremendous Taste
  20. Truth Quark

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Aug 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
STAGES

Wii Fit Studio
Any player in combat may opt to take this combat to meditate, foregoing any ability usage but healing 50% and taking only half damage this fight.

Magicant
Each team must send an additional combatant, who does triple damage but dies at the end of combat.

Final Destination
During the preliminary phase, each ruler may choose to enter the brawl when this stage is selected, regardless of their team size.

Super Mario Maker
A third party gets to decide what the condition of this map is. Creativity is power!

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Sep 13, 2016

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I let you take the first post. I could've had it, If I wanted. I did this for you.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JUwoSUZA34

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Hello my beautiful subjects....and despicable traders.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

pika?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

confirming that i am vanilla town

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (20): CapitalistPig, CCKeane, dongsbot 9000, Dugong, GulagDolls, Infinitum, Iron Chef Ramen, JakeP, JimsonTheBetrayer, Li Dawny, Little Mac, Mayor Glowku, Moatillata, PBS Newshour, Pinterest Mom, Samfucius, SirSamVimes, Spiros, Tremendous Taste, Truth Quark

With 20 alive, it's 11 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 29th, 2016 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days, 1 hour.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

loving phone, traitor*

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I assumed when it auto-filled it knew what I was trying to say.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

is there a canonical song selection for each stage

green hill zone's should be Live and Learn ofc

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I exist only on Battlefield.

Hit me up when you can wavedash.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Hi, you want to send me in the Brawl. I'm pretty useful.

Also I'm top tier FG player so hmu for friendlies

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Hey y'all im magikarp

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I have one request, feel free to disregard it as I have no right to make demands on how you all play, but I would super appreciate it if we could play this game without personal attacks on eachother. Not pointing fingers, but some of us can get a little...overly aggressive, and I'd like this to be a small scale experiment on if we really have to be mean to play Mafia.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Li Dawny posted:

I have one request, feel free to disregard it as I have no right to make demands on how you all play, but I would super appreciate it if we could play this game without personal attacks on eachother. Not pointing fingers, but some of us can get a little...overly aggressive, and I'd like this to be a small scale experiment on if we really have to be mean to play Mafia.

I won't be making personal attacks but I might slip into my "ultra sarcastic guy" persona, where I quote something someone says and say "oooh, soooo interesting"

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Only polite discourse please. **dips crumpet in a tea cup resting on a dainty napkin on a saucer**

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Before you use a dayvig on someone, you HAVE to say something like "Excuse me, sir? Hello, Hi, I'm going to shoot you now. Is that okay with you?"

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Hi I'm here I'm busy, lil d knows this definitely down to brawl (dtb)

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

JakeP posted:

Only polite discourse please. **dips crumpet in a tea cup resting on a dainty napkin on a saucer**

Not gonna lie, crumpets sound pretty good

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

GulagDolls posted:

Before you use a dayvig on someone, you HAVE to say something like "Excuse me, sir? Hello, Hi, I'm going to shoot you now. Is that okay with you?"

Pika pika, pikachu? Pika, pika, pikachu pika pika pikachu. Pika pika pikachu pikachu?
##thunder gulagdolls

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

PBS Newshour posted:

Pika pika, pikachu? Pika, pika pikachu pika pika pikachu. Pika pika pikachu pikachu?
##thunder gulagdolls

Lmao

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
Hi thread I'm not scum who should we lynch KO today?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Also Podima was it you who bought me this avatar in honor of my amazing drunken admiral skills?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Li Dawny posted:

I mean sure but also maybe you didn't draft the right players

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Truth Quark posted:

Hi thread I'm not scum who should we lynch KO today?

Sounds like the kind of thing a scum would say.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I forgot to say that they have to say yes, also.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Li Dawny posted:

Lol you haven't even played with me but I am The World's Most Average Mafia Player

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Pinterest Mom posted:

I mean sure but also maybe you didn't draft the right players

I have a lot of people I don't really know in here, and I'm excited to learn about them. I'm not saying we have to be nice and polite all of the time, but there's no reason to bring kids/SO's/personal issues into Mafia. That's all I'm asking. And I can't force it, all I can do is 'disappointed mom look'.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Oh god I know what must be done ##vote Infinitum

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I am here, put me in battles, but only every other night.

Also

how do I play this game?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Li Dawny posted:

I have a lot of people I don't really know in here, and I'm excited to learn about them. I'm not saying we have to be nice and polite all of the time, but there's no reason to bring kids/SO's/personal issues into Mafia. That's all I'm asking. And I can't force it, all I can do is 'disappointed mom look'.

I'm going to use the time I have left before this action resolves to viciously slander everyone here

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I thought inf was in the other aussie fortress but don't worry we can still save this one.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
Muthafuckin blue bomber comin down the tracks. It's been a long time and I don't know many of you so be sure to set your expectations to 'subterranean.'

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

CapitalistPig posted:

I am here, put me in battles, but only every other night.

Also

how do I play this game?

Smoke a bowl and you'll know,, man.

There is no game

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

I'm going to use the time I have left before this action resolves to viciously slander everyone here

thsi was fastest

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Samfucius posted:

Smoke a bowl and you'll know,, man.

There is no game

You think this is a loving game.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

GulagDolls posted:

thsi was fastest

dicks out for me

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

oh yeah ##vote pmom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Samfucius posted:

dicks out for me

• Locked thread