Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
Nice job, guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

:ghost:Hang me now or hang me later
Red team will win in the end
Death to each and every blue fool
I reject your silly thread:ghost:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

SirSamVimes (4): Li Dawny, Anomalous Amalgam, JimsonTheBetrayer, Moatillata
JimsonTheBetrayer (1): SirSamVimes
Moatillata (0): Li Dawny, Anomalous Amalgam, Li Dawny, Anomalous Amalgam
Anomalous Amalgam (0): JimsonTheBetrayer, JimsonTheBetrayer

Not Voting (1): Samfucius

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 11th, 2016 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Preliminary Phase is done! No changes to the lineup.

BRAWL/Night begins! You have ~12 hours to send in an action. Deadline is 9 PM Eastern.

Brawlers will be contacted regarding the INCREDIBLE MINIGAME momentarily!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

BATTLE RESULTS

Anomalous Amalgam, Blue Team-Aligned (TOWN) Yoshi, was KOed
TMMadman, Red Team-Aligned (TOWN) Diddy Kong, was KOed

DAY SIX BEGINS NOW. Tonight's stage will be chosen by Absurd Revolver

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Not Voting (4): JimsonTheBetrayer, Li Dawny, Moatillata, Samfucius

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 14th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

So I'm pretty sure it is Jimson.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Hey podima, I know you said you wouldn't reveal the reward or punishment for the minigame, but can we see the entries?

I think it would be funny.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Samfucius posted:

So I'm pretty sure it is Jimson.

+1 but I'm not sure if lynching is our best answer now. Gonna wait for lil d to check in

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
So guess. I am literally at a loss right now. My entire reason for AA being scum was hinged on asiina being town. And her being scum loving sucks because I have no idea who scum is now.

Also I am a little banged up from that fight.
Which means what ever happened the previous battle to keep me from taking any damage at all didn't happen this time.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Today is a lovely day, the weather is miserable and I just want to do things but have nothing to do. I need to do some rereading before I can make a call, but I'd like it if each of you would make a case for the other two so that I can see what your thoughts are.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Moat calls out some of the scumbos over time. It could be a gambit I guess but I don't feel it. SSV got a lengthy case before I see a good tactical reason to bus. I'm willing to go with town.

Jimson is all over the place so process of elimination and all that.

##vote jimson

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

I'm getting too dumb to be scum vibes from Jimson here.

SirSamVimes posted:

Main town calls are Jimson and AA.

Pinterest Mom posted:

down w pig ##vote pig
^^^ thrown down when choice was between pig and jimmy

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Samfucius. Is u a scum? It's okay you can tell me I'm a scum[spoiler]killer[/b] too

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Samfucius posted:

Moat calls out some of the scumbos over time. It could be a gambit I guess but I don't feel it. SSV got a lengthy case before I see a good tactical reason to bus. I'm willing to go with town.

Jimson is all over the place so process of elimination and all that.

##vote jimson

Oh! I'm so glad you responded first. Now, you absolutely refused to vote SSV, and only voted PMom as a joke, both scum flips. You've voted Moat and Jimson repeatedly throughout the game, along with many (now) CT players. Explain to me why I shouldn't see you a scum.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

Samfucius. Is u a scum? It's okay you can tell me I'm a scum[spoiler]killer[/b] too

poo poo gently caress. Sorry guys I messed up my gambit. I was gonna trap sam and show everyone he is a scum but so goofed.

Also ##vote sammywammy

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Okay, here's the deal.

As to why my votes have been historically on townies? I seriously suck at this game.

However, I'm the tracker. In my first post I mentioned the blue bomber (I'm MegaMan) and used the word "track" as in "coming down the tracks." Unfortunately on the first day I was super duper dumb and got confused about whether or not everyone had a home role, very clearly indicating in the process that I had one. The thread didn't really say anything about it but scum definitely noticed because the first three nights I was role-blocked. The role-blocker must have been taste or SSV, because after taste died and SSV was in the brawl I was able to use my ability night 4 to track moat. (Neither Taste nor SSV had ever been in the brawl nights 1-3, so I can't say more accurately which was role-blocker. I am of course operating under the assumption that the role-blocking was a home ability.) Moat went nowhere. You will also notice that night 4 was the first night without an NK. Who was in that brawl? SSV and Jimson. That night ended with the two people who aren't SSV and Jimson getting KO'd. I think those two, as the two remaining scum, were not able to use their NK and just focus-fired on the townies.

I tried to hide my role for purposes of the combo-game, but seriously it's Jimson.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Let that rambling mess stand as the one time in mafia I ever actually loving figured something out.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Please check my work

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Samfucius posted:

Please check my work

I'm town
A for effort tho

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

I'm town
A for effort tho

So do you think that Moat no-killed night 4? That's the other option I see.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

If you can convince me why he would do that, okay

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

But you can't because that makes no sense

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Samfucius posted:

So do you think that Moat no-killed night 4? That's the other option I see.

Because moat wasn't the one with the die move?

Idfk my mission isn't to figure out what scum is doing. Just find scum and stomp them out.

If you are really town why do you care so much more about why scum does what it do, than you do about finding a scum. You're entire argument for why I am a scumble is centered around you thinking you know what a scum do.

Do you think you know because u do and r an scumble? :shrug:

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Also I like u r bird. Crows are cool and good.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Have you ever played a game where scum couldn't choose between their action and a NK? I haven't. It's possible, sure, but I'm gonna call it rare.

You're not convincing me you're not scum.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Also I like u r bird. Crows are cool and good.

Crows are, in fact, the best

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And by that I mean thanks duderino

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

You also haven't addressed how my information wouldn't peg as scum.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

JimsonTheBetrayer (1): Samfucius
Samfucius (1): JimsonTheBetrayer

Not Voting (2): Li Dawny, Moatillata

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 14th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 13 hours, 35 minutes.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

There is no other option here. If you're not a scum sam then youre a dumb sam.

I am town. The only interactions I have had this entire game are town alligned. The only thing you can even try and lump on me as "evidence" is that ssv said they were getting to dumb to be scum vibes from me.

Which leads me to assume either one of two things. SSV knew what they were doing when they defended me hoping if I do get flipped (which seemed very likely at the time) that they could get a chance to call everyone an idiot for lynching me and appear super town, and now you're hoping to exploit this for your own scum needs.

Or they set up this time bomb lynch for when they do get lynched so they can at least guarantee a town alligned lynch afterwards.

The second one imo requires way to much forsight and planning to be the truth. So I really think you're scum and now that you smell blood in the water your first instinct is to latch on and try to kill me.

But let me tell you something bird boy.
I.BROUGHT.A.BIGGER.BOAT.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Sorry about the delay I've worked a bunch of overtime and haven't had the time really sit down and re read.

I think Jimson is scum. I think he is playing his "crazy ol uncle jimson" well, but he reads like someone who already knows the answer to the question. Most of his votes have little to no justification and all of his arguments are convoluted forced. This gives me the impression that he knows what needs to happen and is trying to force it to make sense. Just look at this post about taste:

It's just like... hard to quantify in my head.

If you read through tastes posts pretending he already flipped scum it paints a picture of being more invested in what WE think scum is doing rather than figuring out what scum is actually doing. They latched onto the super controversial day vig and kept riding it into the loving dirt. Long after everyone else moved on and was forcing every little ounce of "content" out of this safe target. (no one was going to chastise taste for being pissed about the lovely vig)

Combine this with the fact that they seemed really invested in convincing us that scum missing a lynch and letting red king get the kill was a big mistake and scum would never let someone else choose their kill. (even though in a game where scum has a huge lead and no one let slip their town role it doesn't matter who the hell was killed as long as they're town.)

Or this post:

I already told u guys who is an r scum. Yet we sit here arguing over whether or not I am a scum. If I was scum why would I have so expertly served up TT on a platter? Wouldn't I instead have rode it out for scum to win when we were at Lylo? Whether or not we had a scum on the team is a dumb argument when we still have scum left to hunt.

Besides if I was a scumble why did I take no damage at all? Even from the stage?

He has a constant mantra of how townie he is. Also I think lil d was clever and outed the scum in the last battle by putting SSV and jimson in. Sam's findings would support that but I would like to know more about who he tracked before I fully buy into the claim.

Barring some kind of earth shattering revelation jimson has my vote.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Also I am p sad my haiku didn't win I tried lil d. I will reproduce it here for you viewing pleasure revulsion

violently, I cum
quick! put your mouth on that rear end
harvest the gravy

I probably got DQed because I ripped it off from basho

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

This is usually the part where I vote myself and then we ride this out into lylo. I have no idea how many scum are left (even if 2 scum and 2 town is usually a win con I have no idea if it changes cuz of the battle mechanic)

But I am town. If you lynch that's fine.but you just better be sure we only have one scum left and already have an idea who it might be because I am gonna be passed if u all lynch me cuz I am playing well and it makes u mad.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Moatillata posted:

Also I am p sad my haiku didn't win I tried lil d. I will reproduce it here for you viewing pleasure revulsion

violently, I cum
quick! put your mouth on that rear end
harvest the gravy

I probably got DQed because I ripped it off from basho

This was my haiku:

I'll write a gross poem
after we are done drinking
diarrhea shakes

How do you know you didn't win? I thought the whole thing was a secret.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Moatillata posted:

Sam's findings would support that but I would like to know more about who he tracked before I fully buy into the claim.

Like I said, I got role-blocked the first three nights, but I tried to track Jake, Jimson, and SSV, in that order.

Those would have been some fun results.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Well, at this point, even if we lynch the one remaining scum, I think it's over tonight. Just for the sake of argument, I don't think it's Jimson and have a much stronger scum read on Sam after going through everything again.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Samfucius posted:

This was my haiku:

I'll write a gross poem
after we are done drinking
diarrhea shakes

How do you know you didn't win? I thought the whole thing was a secret.

One of AR's people won, he got some boon because of it.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Li Dawny posted:

Well, at this point, even if we lynch the one remaining scum, I think it's over tonight. Just for the sake of argument, I don't think it's Jimson and have a much stronger scum read on Sam after going through everything again.

I implore you to look at the pattern of NK's and who was in the respective brawls, it says more than I can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Samfucius posted:

I implore you to look at the pattern of NK's and who was in the respective brawls, it says more than I can.

If you look at what I bolded in this post youll see a real pattern.

If you know anything about cats you'll know they're all scum.

• Locked thread