Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

JakeP posted:

Only polite discourse please. **dips crumpet in a tea cup resting on a dainty napkin on a saucer**

Not gonna lie, crumpets sound pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Truth Quark posted:

Hi thread I'm not scum who should we lynch KO today?

Sounds like the kind of thing a scum would say.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Li Dawny posted:

That totally says 'catapult'.

I'm guessing birbstrike is making a joke about the last soldiers game where someone claimed a catapult ability (that didn't actually exist)

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

should probably add "don't lurk" to that

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Li Dawny posted:

There is no town reason to turbo.

There is also no town reason to dayvig at the start of day 1, especially in a soldiers game where immediately losing a player places us at a disadvantage relative to the red team.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Li Dawny posted:

Little Mac isn't talking about turboing PBS though, he's talking about Spiros. I understand the reasoning, because wtf dude, but still.

I conflated turboing and vigging because I just woke up.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

##vote spiros

Declaring you're going to be putting less effort into the game because people disagree with your D1 case seems like you're giving yourself an excuse to check out.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Li Dawny posted:

I feel like there's been a miscommunication. Spiros said he wouldn't be able to post as much because of lack of access to a computer and dislike of mobile posting. Now I think this is a bull poo poo excuse personally, but I've seen it used in multiple games by multiple people.

Oh I misread/misremembered. ##unvote still eh, but not so scummy

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Are you actually suggesting a chain lynch

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Infinitum posted:

Busb is in the other thread nimrod.

I got a pm about a player from Red Thread

Whether they act on this info or not is up to them

ya big dum dum

Then... why are you publically posting it? It's to our advantage if a serial killer runs rampant in the enemy thread.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

oh my god ecco's new av

##vote glowku

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Games with Samfu are the worst because I keep getting confused when people refer to Sam.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Samfucius posted:

Second point, Sam is my actual name and Sam Vimes is a book character.

So basically you should call Vimes "Captain" and me "Sam 2"

I too am a Sam IRL

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Pinterest Mom posted:

I don't understand why everyone is so quick to go on and speculate based on obvious fakeclaims

I don't see why it's obviously a fakeclaim.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Infinitum posted:

Also attention thread, you have less than 24 hours to hold my utmost attention.

Cause WoW:Legion is launching tomorrow, and imma be playing that.
So don't expect massive exposes outta me

Yeah same here.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

this goes out to players in both threads:

sirsamvimes#1521 for all the nerds who are gonna play wow at midnight tomorrow (or 7pm/5pm for people who live in correct timezones)

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Yeah that post was the result of misremembering and making my read based on a combination of my vague memory and what Li said.

Still feeling Glowku as a lynch target.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Not Voting (5): Dugong, Iron Chef Ramen, Li Dawny, Little Mac, Moatillata

Kind of think we should look closely at the people who haven't put down a vote yet (aside from Li Dawny obviously). For someone who supposedly has opinons about who's scummy, I'm not sure why Iron Chef hasn't put down a vote yet.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Little Mac posted:

Cloud is only playable in Smash4.

I would gladly turbo Diqnol because that would be funny. I think we should only kill fun and established players.

Which means I'll die somewhere near the end of the game.

Only game related post LM has mdae. Would vote.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Sorry for not being around to hammer, I was picking up food.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Infinitum posted:

Sorry for not being around for hammer, I was asleep.

both missed hammer because of legion preparations huh

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Li Dawny posted:

You guys knew when deadline was and chose not to be here.

I thought I'd have time when I got home but the walk was longer than I remembered and I locked myself out and had to climb over a fence to break into my own house. :shobon:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Li Dawny posted:

Are you seriously saying you don't have a phone you can post from? Or keep updated from at least?

I didn't think to post because I was too busy panicking about being locked out of my house.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

hi everyone legion is good

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I just want to clarify incase ironicat isn't enough, but how could you know absolutely that scum were M.I.A. at deadline? That's the most blatant scumslip, Sam.

This is a scum post. By not voting someone for a "blatant scumslip" you're already distancing yourself from the case/flip. ##vote aa

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

JakeP posted:

like first voting a dude right now with 3 hours to deadline in a game where we nolynched the only other day isn't really helpful

yeah I'm just getting my opinion vote out there before I reread the two lynch candidates and do a viable vote

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

jimson: the only post that stands out to me is this

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

Known scum cckeane is empowered. Woe be into us. May lildondon protect us with her watchful eye.

which seems kinda suss considering that I didn't find any other mention of keane and he did flip scum

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Oh wait, AA replaced infinitum so he's prob not scum

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The ICR case looks better than the Jimson one. ##vote ramen

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

JakeP posted:

the jimson case is mostly that he lurked like crazy and we couldn't rally the votes to lynch him

I feel like voting on a lurker case would be hypocritical of me this game.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

We've driven Li Dawny to drink. :smith:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Sorry for lurking hard guys, Legion is sapping my will to do anything else. Probably should have replaced out like infinitum but too late for that. I'm at work now but I'll give another reread when I get home.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'm getting too dumb to be scum vibes from Jimson here.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Main town calls are Jimson and AA.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Okay, I've given my opinions of town people as requested as Li Dawny (Jimson is acting way too dumb to be scum. Scum players need to be careful about looking town, Jimson clearly gives no fucks. Anomalous Amalgam is a replacement for Infinitum, and AR gave the okay to kill Infinitum.) Now for a scumread.

This guy right here.

Moatillata posted:

Are you going to issue us an SOP lil D? What at the laws of this land

Starts by trying to attach himself to the king (or queen in this case) and ask her for guidance, giving himself an excuse to just follow the leader.

Moatillata posted:

Lil D I am very sorry, the deadline was a very bad time for me. Anything between 1645 and 1900 PST is p much impossible for me on a weekday.

I will try to prove my worth in the upcoming battle.

:black101:

Excuses himself from deadline. (I know I missed it too, but I'm making this read ignoring my own actions)

Moatillata posted:

Okay, here we go

First post of substance is a gut call on ICR:

Then a double down vote on ICR:

Now what I am wondering is if Keane would be ballsy enough to immediately bus a scumbro. Especially since looking at the end of day one vote count keane had left his vote on ICR.

Another thought about ICR. The whole APPROACHES thing has got me thinking because both AS and tithin both pulled it on the other side. tithin died and flipped scum. AS didn't die so I cant comment on her alignment. It would make sense for scum to have their own mechanic to join brawls, so I ask you ICR why did you approach? Also anyone else feel free to comment on this train of thought.

Jumps on an extremely tenuous connection between ICR and Keane. Doesn't make a hard call out of it, just asks very waffly questions. Looks like he's trying to push a case without committing too heavily to it. Votes later when the case has more traction.

Finally, his case on me. I know I know, you're going to say I'm OMGUSing. But behold.

First this happens.

Li Dawny posted:

I'm going to say ##vote SSV . They've called people out repeatedly for not posting content while not posting it themselves (not 100% on gender and don't want to mislabel, sorry), have the lowest amount of posts of anyone left alive including AA who subbed in, and every person they've voted for who's died has flipped town.

Moatillata posted:

Goes after PBS (flipped town) for the easy push on her stupid vig

Goes after spiros (also flipped town)

Then immediately recants when Lil D comes to his defense

Goes after people for not voting, then misses vote himself

(:ironicat: I know)

Lurking is p common for SSV, but these other things combined make it a bit more suspicious. I think this is a good spot to put my vote rn

##vote SirSamVimes

Instead of coming up with a case of his own, he literally just echoes Li Dawny's case without adding any substance. Once again, just following the leader to avoid needing to put in effort.

Moat is scum imo.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

oh yeah I forgot the most important part

##vote moat

it rhymes therefore it cannot be false

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

that right there is a caught scum post

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Li Dawny posted:

Elaborate on this please.

He doesn't even try to engage with the case, he just dismisses it as OMGUS.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

OMGUS = oh my god you suck = just voting someone because they're voting you. It's generally considered pretty scummy.

Moat is dismissing my case by saying that I'm just voting him because he's voting me and ignoring the actual points of the case. He's scum.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

probably beacuse he's not scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Yes but what about him is scummy?

• Locked thread