Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Hello and welcome to Super Smash Soldiers, a Mafia variant game!
Signup Thread Link: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3787632
Opposing Thread Link: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788070

The Basics
This game will consist of two separate twenty-player threads, for a total of forty players. Each thread will be a standard game of mafia. There are no third parties. There are two teams, a RED TEAM and a BLUE TEAM. The objective of the game is to kill the ruler of the opposing team's thread. In addition to normal mafia, each night phase will consist of a round of Smash between the two teams. There is a scum team in each thread that is aligned with the opposing team. Rulers should try to avoid putting scum in their brawl rosters, or bad things may happen!

Players will have a number of abilities that will be labeled as HOME or BRAWL abilities. HOME abilities can only be used when you are not involved in the brawl that night, and BRAWL abilities can only be used while involved in the brawl. Reading of the opposing thread is allowed and encouraged.

All standard Mafia rules are in play. Don't be a dick, please.

:siren: Lynches Community KOs are by MAJORITY, which means that a No-KO is possible! If one thread No-KOs, the other thread's ruler gets to pick one person from the thread to KO. :siren:

Rulers
Each thread will have a ruler in the form of either Master Hand or Crazy Hand. These rulers are mod confirmed town, and may not be targeted by the scum team for the night KO. In addition, the ruler of each team will know the scum team that is infiltrating the enemy army. This means Crazy Hand, the Red team ruler, will know who the Red team members are among Master Hand's Blue team. Rulers are also responsible for picking the stage of the next match, the combatants who enter each match, and a variety of other decisions that may or may not come into play as the matches progress. Rulers may not enter combat until they cannot field enough combatants, or they have an ability or stage that allows them to do so.

Brawling

Activity Flow
DAY PHASE: Players may vote and use any HOME abilities that indicate they can be used during the day. By the end of the DAY phase, rulers must submit their brawl rosters to the mod. Brawling will consist of four members from each team. In addition, the loser of the previous brawl will choose the stage for the brawl. The DAY phase ends when both threads have performed a lynch Community KO or the deadline is up. The Community KO flips will be posted at the end of this phase.

PRELIMINARY PHASE: After each DAY, there will be a PRELIMINARY phase where the brawl rosters and stage are posted. The thread will remain open during this time. During the PRELIMINARY phase, only Preliminary phase abilities may be used. This phase will be relatively short.

BRAWL PHASE: Once this phase begins, teams are finalized and the BRAWL begins. The thread will be closed during this phase. During the BRAWL phase, players may use HOME or BRAWL abilities depending on whether they are in the brawl or not. All players using abilities must submit their ability and any applicable targets to the mod, who will then work with the other mod to finalize brawl results, damage, and death. Any player who does not submit an action will not act at all.

Damage & Health
In Smash Bros, damage is done in percentages(%). As they take damage, players are more likely to be KO'd by abilities that hit them. In addition, some abilities have modifiers that increase or reduce the likelihood of death. These modifiers, in order of strength, are: slightly, greatly, significantly, vastly. There are also abilities than cannot KO, as well as moves that are instant KOs.

All players start at 0% health, and gain % as they take damage. % can go up to 999%, and KOs are generally guaranteed around the 110% damage range. While it normally takes multiple combat instances to reach a high enough % to be KO'd, Smash is a wild game and death may also happen at low percentages. :siren: At no time are you allowed to use a number to detail your current % in the thread! :siren: You may use qualifier such as hurt, very hurt, healthy, etc. to describe your status to your team. Each thread gets ONE warning for this before bad things start happening!

Rulers cannot be instantly KO'd, and have set HP Values. When a ruler takes enough damage, they are killed instantly.

Stages
In the following post, the possible stages will be listed, with stages that are no longer available to be chosen removed from the list of stages, and new ones rotated in. Each stage will only be usable once. The ruler of the thread who lost the most members in the previous combat is allowed to choose the stage each night. If losses were equal, the decider is picked at random.

Flips
BottleKnight, Red Team-Aligned (TOWN) Mr. Game & Watch, has been KOed on Day 1!
Asiina, Red Team-Aligned (TOWN) Ike, was KOed Night 1!
King Burgundy, Blue Team-Aligned (SCUM) Wario, was KOed Night 1!
Tithin, Blue Team-Aligned (SCUM) Capt Falcon, was KOed Night 1!
Chic Trombone, Red Team-Aligned (TOWN) Sonic, was KOed Night 1!
Max, Blue Team-Aligned (SCUM) Robin, has been KOed on Day 2!
busb, Red Team-Aligned (TOWN) Luigi, was KOed Night 2!
Tommunist, Red Team-Aligned (TOWN) King Dedede, has been KOed on Day 3!
Quidnose, Blue Team-Aligned (SCUM) R.O.B., was KOed Night 3!
Retro Futurist, Red Team-Aligned (TOWN) Toon Link, was KOed Night 3!
EccoRaven, Red Team-Aligned (TOWN) Jigglypuff, was KOed Night 3!

Player List:
  1. Absurd Revolver
  2. Asiina
  3. Atomic Soda
  4. Birdstrike
  5. BottleKnight
  6. bowmore / MG3
  7. busb
  8. chaoslord
  9. Chic Trombone
  10. EccoRaven
  11. flerp
  12. iajanus
  13. imgay
  14. King Burgundy
  15. Max
  16. Murmur Twin / Quidnose
  17. Retro Futurist
  18. tithin
  19. TMMadman
  20. Tommunist

Podima fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Sep 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
STAGES

Green Hill Zone
All combatants get two actions. Actions can be repeated.

Golden Plains
Each hand will secretly choose one player to make invincible for the upcoming combat. The invincible targets are not informed.

Wrecking Crew
Each hand will secretly choose one player NOT in combat on their side to deal 30% damage to during the night. The target is not publicly announced.

Flatzone 2
A variety of possible map conditions are possible - the ruler choosing this map gets to select one, but an additional one will be randomly applied!

WarioWare, Inc.
A minigame will happen during combat. The game is random, and the reward/punishment is not revealed.

Super Mario Maker
A third party gets to decide what the condition of this map is. Creativity is power!

Wii Fit Studio
Any player in combat may opt to take this combat to meditate, foregoing any ability usage but healing 50% and taking only half damage this fight.

Final Destination
During the preliminary phase, each ruler may choose to enter the brawl when this stage is selected, regardless of their team size.

Magicant
Each team must send an additional combatant, who does triple damage but dies at the end of combat.

Podima fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Sep 13, 2016

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmtmTqH0WPU

muahahahaha

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
no infinitum riot

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (20): Absurd Revolver, Asiina, Atomic Soda, Birdstrike, BottleKnight, bowmore, busb, chaoslord, Chic Trombone, EccoRaven, flerp, iajanus, imgay, King Burgundy, Max, Murmur Twin, Retro Futurist, tithin, TMMadman, Tommunist

With 20 alive, it's 11 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 29th, 2016 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days, 1 hour.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I demand to know what round I was selected in :colbert:

Also very excited I don't have to pass notes to birdstrike about Sealab across threads since he is in this one :toot:

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
hi everyone im nathan drake from the hit game series Uncharted

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

hello i am a good fightmans

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

auspol B brigade

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
whens the playstation allstars soldiers?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Reporting for duty

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
beware!! it is I, moooooo-cco ravo! I will conquer this mafia game, that is, I will make cases that will be so good and persuasive that all shall follow them, that is, I will hunt the scum, all of the scum, and see that they are killed, for that is what makes a good mafia player, and I, mooooo-cco ravo, am the best mafia player!!! if you are scum, you will be hunted by me, because that is what I will do in this game, which is hunt and kill scum. furthermore it is not we which will hunt scum, it is I, moooo-cco ravo, and they shall all be killed by me, with the assistance of you, but only because your votes are needed as I cannot kill anyone with my vote alone, for if I could I would not need to make cases, but I do need to make cases, and since I do need to make cases in order to kill scum, those cases will be so persuasive and correct that I, mocco ravo, will kill the scum with them, for I am the best mafia player in this game if not the history of time itself!!!!

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
My rules are:

don't be bad at mafia

kill my enemies and give them no mercy

lynch all liars

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So the game has started I should probably read the rules now.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
We even have the better mod too!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

chaoslord posted:

Also very excited I don't have to pass notes to birdstrike about Sealab across threads since he is in this one :toot:

pictured: me playing smash

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this seems like a pretty nifty game

Max
Nov 30, 2002

EccoRaven posted:

beware!! it is I, moooooo-cco ravo! I will conquer this mafia game, that is, I will make cases that will be so good and persuasive that all shall follow them, that is, I will hunt the scum, all of the scum, and see that they are killed, for that is what makes a good mafia player, and I, mooooo-cco ravo, am the best mafia player!!! if you are scum, you will be hunted by me, because that is what I will do in this game, which is hunt and kill scum. furthermore it is not we which will hunt scum, it is I, moooo-cco ravo, and they shall all be killed by me, with the assistance of you, but only because your votes are needed as I cannot kill anyone with my vote alone, for if I could I would not need to make cases, but I do need to make cases, and since I do need to make cases in order to kill scum, those cases will be so persuasive and correct that I, mocco ravo, will kill the scum with them, for I am the best mafia player in this game if not the history of time itself!!!!

I forgot you were going to do this.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

TMMadman posted:

We even have the better mod too!
sup buuuuuddy

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
are we allowed to talk about what character we are? or aren't?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

bowmore posted:

this seems like a pretty nifty game

hi bowmore!!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

This is totally the better thread.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I am happy about this thread.

Also I am not a very good fightmans.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
I was asked to bunch all the aussies except Infinitum together, so I gladly accepted the burden.

Welcome to the NIGHTHREADhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qyf8oRF6Trg

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

I am happy about this thread.

Also I am not a very good fightmans.

Yeah, I pretty much never play this game. I'm awful at it.

I'm decent at some of the more traditional ones like SF.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
hello all thanks for the avatar pod

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Chic Trombone posted:

hi bowmore!!
g'day!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I still miss your old avatar, Bowmore.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, I pretty much never play this game. I'm awful at it.

I'm decent at some of the more traditional ones like SF.

I meant in this here mafia game, but I'm also bad at smash IRL.

My friends and I would make up our own games like "suicide prevention" where someone would try to jump off the edge of the map and kill themselves and it was everyone else's job to keep them safe. A little dark, but it was fun.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

King Burgundy posted:

This is totally the better thread.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

i am a ok fight but not amazing

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

I meant in this here mafia game, but I'm also bad at smash IRL.

My friends and I would make up our own games like "suicide prevention" where someone would try to jump off the edge of the map and kill themselves and it was everyone else's job to keep them safe. A little dark, but it was fun.

Ah, really not sure how to judge my prowess at this point.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
AR I am disturbed by the number of auspollers you have selected.

I look forward to whacking Keane so pit me against him in Combat tia

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I have never played Super Smash Bros, but I have played several of the games of the characters in this game.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I hope birb is scum so I can murder him. Pls put me into combat with birb.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hate my character and suck at everything.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I looked at the other thread and am happy to report it's already a shitshow.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Combat wise I'm more of a set-up man than a finisher.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Alright, Illay out some ground rules. First and foremost, I'm not a good player. Second of all I'm nocturnal and sleep all day. Third, I will humbly request that the king dutchovens the other king in a show of power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

busb posted:

I hope birb is scum so I can murder him. Pls put me into combat with birb.

sorry to disappoint you

• Locked thread