Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

mdm posted:

if you think nihilism is cool and important isn't that inherently anti-nihilistic?

enjoyment and thinking something is 'cool' isn't the same thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I like to dig up dead people and lie down in their graves and pretend I'm them. Not so much a philosophy, but it's very refreshing. If I have enough time, I'll borrow parts of their clothing to complete the transformation.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Suck my fat hog, op.
:)

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

It's obviously Wahhabism. Pure monotheism. No confusion no bullshit no superstition.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

White Phosphorus posted:

It's obviously Wahhabism. Pure monotheism. No confusion no bullshit no superstition.
Or musical instruments, yet another of Shaitan's gateways into depravity.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Leroy Dennui posted:

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

i'm pretty upset that dgsw peaced out like a bitch when i handed him a loaded gun guys

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

The Protagonist posted:

enjoyment and thinking something is 'cool' isn't the same thing

cool

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
Why yes, there is. Why do you ask?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99-gFt4GEiA

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Leroy Dennui posted:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

The Protagonist posted:

i'm pretty upset that dgsw peaced out like a bitch when i handed him a loaded gun guys

suck my dick idiot

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

dad gay. so what posted:

suck my dick idiot

so... that's a yes on the banme(...?)

please, grant me release

Ogodei_Khan
Feb 28, 2009
Most likely Kant, the fucker can't stay proven wrong.

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

Existentialism. Absurdism if you want to spice it up a bit.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
oddly enough the xanax thread in the drug forum is about sharing long term xanax addiction and withdrawal stories so people dont do xanax

and then the rest of the world that you would think would be more cheerful than that is where i suddenly remember the reality of existence and start throwing jab/hook combos at whatever is directly in front of me, usually air, until i eat a xanax and pretend it's a bad dream again

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

extra stout posted:

oddly enough the xanax thread in the drug forum is about sharing long term xanax addiction and withdrawal stories so people dont do xanax

and then the rest of the world that you would think would be more cheerful than that is where i suddenly remember the reality of existence and start throwing jab/hook combos at whatever is directly in front of me, usually air, until i eat a xanax and pretend it's a bad dream again

:( :hf: :(

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

look on the bright side buddy: a 6 dollar plastic bottle of brandy just washed that xanax down

and now you could stand directly in front of me without being instantly knocked out by my shadowboxing

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

extra stout posted:

Whoa, whoa, whoa...there's a Xanax thread? I've been taking Xanax every day for nearly 15 years. Longer than anyone I've ever heard of. I need to read that thread.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

The Dennis System posted:

Whoa, whoa, whoa...there's a Xanax thread? I've been taking Xanax every day for nearly 15 years. Longer than anyone I've ever heard of. I need to read that thread.

suck poo poo

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Whoa, that's a rude post!

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Hookers and blow if the horrible truth is too much for you

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

dad gay. so what posted:

i loving get it you knucklehead. its not that loving hard

Well, why even get into then, ya knucklehead?

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000

extra stout posted:

dreams they complicate my life

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
this thread makes me want to drink and take xanax and fight someone

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
the dopamine in your brain will eventually equalize

the equation will eventually balance

fight it, challenge it, and hold it tight as a teddy bear

Machine Cult
Dec 23, 2005

A TEXT IS HERE

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

ontological nihilism

Sorry, it's actually ethical/existential nihilism and possibly epistemological nihilism.

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
modern philosophy is the choice between existentialism and postmodernism

don't go back 100 years

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i bet if we get all the philosophers togetheri n one place, they can figure this out once and for all

if that fails ,plan b is we hit em with incendiaries and forget about it

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Machine Cult posted:

Sorry, it's actually ethical/existential nihilism and possibly epistemological nihilism.

I prefer the Ethanolistic Nihilism.

Machine Cult
Dec 23, 2005

A TEXT IS HERE

Jack Trades posted:

I prefer the Ethanolistic Nihilism.

This is what I embrace on a literal daily basis.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
reading all these philosophical summaries is sapping my desire to read on

it's working..?

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
lifes a bitch and then we die

thats why we get high

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Machine Cult posted:

This is what I embrace on a literal daily basis.

Smart man.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Altruism and Mindfulness

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
No there is no "one true philosophy" because philosophy is a pursuit, not a codified set of beliefs. Asking "is there one true philosophy?" is like asking "is there one true cooking?"

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Applewhite posted:

No there is no "one true philosophy" because philosophy is a pursuit, not a codified set of beliefs. Asking "is there one true philosophy?" is like asking "is there one true cooking?"

Burger is the one true cooking though.
You're objectively wrong.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Ferrule posted:

gently caress bitches, get money.

Volume posted:

The one true philosophy is Smoke Weed Every Day

More or less this.

The Dennis System posted:

Yes. It's a complex mixture of philosophical Buddhism, philosophical Taoism, and Stoicism.

All this is good poo poo too. Taosim is pretty great for getting one's thoughts working in a positive direction and good old Mark 12:31 is pretty much all you need to get on with other people.

But really the important thing is to smoke weed alone and think openly and critically about your life at least monthly.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
Nah. It's all in your head brah. Have fun with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

yes, but also no

• Locked thread