Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Conan liked the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfjLRuE1CLw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I would change my opinion on gwent in a heartbeat if the game would let me shoot the other player in the eye with my crossbow if it looked like I was losing.

Crazed lunatic has a knife to the throat of an innocent person? Let's play a round of this children's game to set him free and I will at no point set your face on fire with my loving magical powers.

Need some stupid monster card to complete my deck for and it's owned by some scummy thief? Sure I'll totally play him for it 100% legit and not mind rape him into giving it to me and then stealing his shoes.

Crinklepouch
May 30, 2016

Its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemys.

did you make that

it's amazing

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Joshy Bear posted:

Played this for a bit, the Witcher guy turned like an articulated lorry when you needed to move around, and the writing was so 'mature' and 'edgy' that I was a bit embarrassed to be playing it. This is my Witcher 3 story, it sounds like most other people enjoyed it though, maybe I'm an idiot.

Joshy Bear posted:

Also gently caress games where you die to some bullshit and the last autosave was half an hour ago.

try turning the difficulty down lol

Jack Trades posted:

Witcher 3 is the only game that managed to make every single motherfucking side-quest interesting.
I swear to god I haven't found a single lovely quest that didn't have at least one small but interesting twist.

It puts all other RPGs to loving shame fo sho.

:agreed:

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Darth Lamer posted:

did you make that

it's amazing

uh yeah sure lets say i made that it was me yep lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

game owns

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

Zorodius posted:

Witcher 1 was straight loving awful though. I played through it because a friend was nagging me (we're not friends anymore) and it was one of the worst games ever made. If you like it you should be ashamed of yourself and I think you owe an apology to the very next person you meet.

I'm sorry. I'm just easily satisfied I guess. Of course, I would never actually RECOMMEND anybody play it let alone nag someone. I can see that it hasn't aged well, I can see the graphics look like rear end, I can hear the voice acting being bad and I know the gameplay is brain-dead. But hey, I had fun. Keep in mind though, this is coming from someone who unironically likes Hey You! Pikachu too so... Draw your conclusions based on that.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
No lol witcher 1 was pretty awesome actually, I can't say anything about any of the Witcher games was what I'd call straight up bad.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Angry Birds Suicide posted:

No lol witcher 1 was pretty awesome actually, I can't say anything about any of the Witcher games was what I'd call straight up bad.

witcher 1 has the best soundtrack and i also liked the game and enjoyed the plot even if it was a bit dumb in parts

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

witcher 1 has the best soundtrack and i also liked the game and enjoyed the plot even if it was a bit dumb in parts

All the Witcher soundtracks were really good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKv0rtgI7mw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NknjE2SBPxw

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Neurosis posted:

realtalk that bit where geralt gets drunk with his two witcher buddies in witcher 3 is probably the funniest thing i've ever seen in a videogame. the writers, animators and voice actors are all clearly familiar with being gently caress drunk and talking poo poo.

I just hit that bit before bed last night, W3 is the first time I've played this style of game.

"15 minutes ago I was fighting a Dragon, now I'm standing in my underwear with two guys in dresses being glared at by main female character because I decided to use her magic mirror to (as the game put it) pick up bitches"

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah game owns.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

DoctorGonzo posted:

Best Game of this generation. Also #TeamYen

also dragon age sucks

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6Q62Wyfewk

someone at bioware thought this was good writing

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Bro Dad posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6Q62Wyfewk

someone at bioware thought this was good writing

dear god literally everything about this is terrible. What's wrong with her animations

dpf
Sep 17, 2011

All rpg writing sucks. Bio especially. Witcher is less bad than others. TW1 rules.

My dad hates rpgs but used to design spectrum wargames in the 80s : he is hyped for Gwent browser.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

8-Bit Scholar posted:

dear god literally everything about this is terrible. What's wrong with her animations

its a game released at the end of 2014 to glowing reviews about its deep characters and excellent graphics

you shitlord

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

DangerousDan posted:

All rpg writing sucks. Bio especially. Witcher is less bad than others. TW1 rules.

My dad hates rpgs but used to design spectrum wargames in the 80s : he is hyped for Gwent browser.

Witcher 3 is hilarious since being good at Gwent gets Geralt laid in a side quest.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Just like here and MTG!

(YMMV)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
dang this game does, in fact, own bones

• Locked thread