Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Mean Bean Machine posted:

I rewatched the Miller vs Diego Sanchez fight today and it was pretty good, but on that same UFC 196 prelims there was a Japanese guy who after his win shouted into the mic "I love you, my bitches" and left. And that was even better

That Japanese guy won a fight a few weeks ago and immediately after giving a shout out to his bitches he politely wished his mother a happy birthday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Mean Bean Machine posted:

I rewatched the Miller vs Diego Sanchez fight today and it was pretty good, but on that same UFC 196 prelims there was a Japanese guy who after his win shouted into the mic "I love you, my bitches" and left. And that was even better

teruto is gold every time a mic is around

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Miller and Lauzon should fight forever.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Dan Didio posted:

Miller looked like he hurt himself off that kick.

Yeah he grimaced noticably

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Getting on top and staying there has probably tipped both rounds so far for Lauzon, but both guys are the kind of fighters where this could still end at any time

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

That Japanese guy won a fight a few weeks ago and immediately after giving a shout out to his bitches he politely wished his mother a happy birthday

lol

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

Fifthace posted:

I can't believe Joe is still doing that thing where he just stands still and shells up when guys throw at him

actually he looks quite a bit more defensive

Soothing Vapors posted:

Casey looked p. good for like 2 minutes and then slowly deflated over the rest of the fight until Alvey just kind of put him down

thank you!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Both of those rounds went to Lauzon, I think.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

fatherdog posted:

Getting on top and staying there has probably tipped both rounds so far for Lauzon, but both guys are the kind of fighters where this could still end at any time

I thought Miller took round 1.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

This fight is awesome.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Man, Joe just looks so much sharper in this fight compared to the last one. He's not doing anything really different, he's just a step ahead.

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
did he hurt lauzon with a knee clack?

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Eat Bum Zen posted:

actually he looks quite a bit more defensive

He has like no lateral movement on defense. It's not good, and it's why Miller is able to just follow him and keep unloading. He's better than he used to be, but nowhere near effective in this day and age of MMA.

Fortunately for Lauzon Miller's TDD is looking super suspect this fight.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
God drat those two were made to put each other through 15 mins of misery

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Hail Mary armbar woulda been sick

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Man that was awesome

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Hail Mary armbar woulda been sick

Ahem

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

:what:

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Wait, really? I thought that was an easy pick for Joe.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Oh wow

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
YEAAAAH JIMMY :dance:

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I definitely had Joe winning that easily.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Yo these decisions are loving terrible.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

lol

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I thought Lauzon clearly won the fight

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
These judges blow, drat

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
I love Jim but that decision was wrong, wrong, wrong.

Fifthace
May 3, 2003

No.
whaaaaaat the gently caress are these judges doing

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Joe had those tds but did he do enough on the ground? It seemed like Jim won it on the feet and even got some offense from his back.

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
These judges :confused:

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I thought that was an easy 29-28 Lauzon.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I'm never really unhappy to see Jim pick up a win but I am genuinely baffled by that

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Ehhhhh I dunno. Guess it came down to Joe not doing enough damage on the ground.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Well, that was bullshit

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
wow I thought that Lauzon won

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Miller had a good case for round 1, not sure how you give him either of the other 2 unless it's round 3 based solely on the opening flurry.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

That decision doesn't seem that crazy to me, Miller did more on his feet in 1 and 2 than Joe did on the ground. Close-rear end fight, either way.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I gave Jim the first but the final two to Joe. I'd have to watch it again.

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
go back to the flurry from miller to lauzon on the cage after landing like knee-to-knee with a failed kick.... was that what injured lauzon initially there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

I don't know if that's a 'hail mary'.

• Locked thread