Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

Jim Jeffers

First nationsim but I've played similar games elsewhere. Looking forward nonetheless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

sniper4625 posted:

Henry Smith!
I push the notion of fiat currency as it ties closely into another proposal I've been mulling over: the Galveston Improvement Act. In order to promote Galveston as the natural choice for traders in the region, I propose a two-pronged approach. First, we cut taxes and tarrifs on foreign trade and investment. By making Galveston an attractive place for business foreign and domestic, we sow the seeds of economic prosperity. Second, we direct some measure of government funding to improving infrastructure, both in the port itself and the logistical links feeding the country. The more efficient it is to move goods and people through Texas, the more will flow into us. Into this could be included any proposals regarding the strengthening of our Navy, to best protect the nascent sea trade.

sniper4625 posted:

Henry Smith!

I would also like to forward my plans for the formation of the Texas Business Roundtable. I am a firm believer that Government has the responsibility of creating a fertile environment for economic growth, but ultimately that Business Knows Business Best. The Roundtable will create a forum for discussion that will allow Business - those private citizens forming the economic backbone of our nation - to effectively communicate their plans and concerns to Government, enabling efficient and foresightful decisions for all involved.

Let me express my strong support for both these proposals. As Galveston's premier hem legitimate businessman I would be honoured to be a part of the Roundtable.

Furthermore, private citizen I may be, but I must express concern at giving the Indians any kind of sovereignty over the West. How are we to attract settlement if all the prime real estate is squatted on by Indians who can claim sovereign authority over it? How is a man and his family meant to live the Texan dream if the Comanche keep raiding his homestead?

MinistryofLard fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Aug 29, 2016

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Turn sent, sorry for lateness.

• Locked thread