Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
I would like to be Samuel Seward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

Samuel Seward

I wholeheartedly support the economic agenda of the esteemed Treasury Secretary Henry Smith. It is not of consequence who helps builds factories here in Texas, just that it gets done. Tarrifs slow that down and weaken our long term ability to stay independent by sapping economic growth. Spending public money on infrastructure would also rapidly speed up the rate with which a manufacturing economic base could grow.

That said, how does Mr. Smith propose to pay for the infrastructure improvements in the face of growing military threats?

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

Samuel Seward

The Cotton Interests in eastern Texas strongly favor The Lowering Inordinate Taxes Enhances Revenue Act of 1836. Legislators who vote for this legislation will be remembered during re-election time.

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

I sent my turn, rumsod-san.

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

Samuel Seward

Seward writes an open letter to President Houston

Dear. Mr President,

The Glanton Gang is caused by the unique combination of lack of opportunity and lawlessness in the Republic. While you and I agree on many things, your lack of support for the tariff bill is questionable. While your wavering support of private enterprise is one thing, your endorsement of public safety is well known. No one could legitimately question your commitment to the maintenance of public safety.

That said, even with the Republic spending most of its budget on public safety, very few of us feel safe. In a very real way, protecting ourselves from bandits and other threats has become a personal problem. I have seen reports which suggest that folks that range from frontiersmen to myself feel the need to take up the mantle of defense. Your own Vice President had his house robbed. This makes me wonder... If the Government feels the need to keep its coffers sufficiently high to hinder private enterprise in order pay for the common defense, and the common defense is broken, then why aren't we reevaluating government priorities?

Mr. President, what do you think the role of Government is? At what point does the government get too big? More pointedly, what should citizens do when the government spends significant amounts of money on something that is evidently ineffectual?

Your supporter,

Samuel Seward

Paper With Lines fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Sep 7, 2016

• Locked thread