Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

AEMINAL posted:

heres how i stay not-fat:

step on bathroom scale every morning, if my weight is over x, i eat less

even that scale itself is part of the patriarchy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

504 posted:

Well as I said a two plate dinner is normal. Last nights dinner was 900g of pork and 2 dirty great root veges, I get constant comments from partners my family and workmates about the amount I eat and if I don't maintain my gym workouts I balloon like Val Kilmer.

I did a food diary for two weeks for a nutritionist once and he point blank said he didn't know how I wasn't the size of a house. I'm quite grateful I have a terrible job that makes me do 12 hour shifts and also conveniently limits my access to late night junk food.

This is called having "good" genetics.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Azuth0667 posted:

He's just proving my point really...

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
science is often wrong tho, they didn't even realize pluto wasn't a planet until a couple years ago, those idiots.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

drat a fat thread how original.

*eats two cheeseburgers and chases them with a 3 chocolate milkshakes*

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Carmant posted:

He's just proving my point really...

What i cant fathom is how goons of all people hate fat people. 99% of goon pictures posted here are full of >50 BMI with the occasional gulag survivor peppered through out.

Its like self hating fat people. Fix yo sad brains goons.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
doesnt change the fact that fat people are a plague on society and should be sterilized at the very least

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Azuth0667 posted:

Yeah, I got the "good genes" comment once.

I didn't realize it was an excuse response at the time and laughingly responded "More like the fact I'm stopping in the middle of my 30 minute bike ride home after my shift to gym for an hour" - Accidental burn.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Robo Reagan posted:

doesnt change the fact that fat people are a plague on society and should be sterilized at the very least

Smoking is actually more dangerous than being fat, and the burden of the obese on the medical system is greatly exaggerated.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
gluttony is a sin, you fat gently caress

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Azuth0667 posted:

What i cant fathom is how goons of all people hate fat people. 99% of goon pictures posted here are full of >50 BMI with the occasional gulag survivor peppered through out.

Its like self hating fat people. Fix yo sad brains goons.

I don't hate fatties, I hate people that are fat but are drat sure to let you know if not their fault it genetics/genes/injuries and not the choice of absolutely poo poo food and 0 exercise.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

504 posted:

Yeah, I got the "good genes" comment once.

I didn't realize it was an excuse response at the time and laughingly responded "More like the fact I'm stopping in the middle of my 30 minute bike ride home after my shift to gym for an hour" - Accidental burn.

Yeah looking at all of your posting:

504 posted:

If you have "fat genes" you will be fat..

if you eat like a ten year old and are lazy.

If you eat more calories than you burn you gain weight
If you burn more calories than you eat you will lose weight

You cannot get magic fat, nobody can suck weight out of thin air.

This is an accurate study that will be instantly used by lazy greedy people as the "reason" they are fat.

You are either self owning or have no clue.

Hypothyroid, deffective leptin signaling, way too much ghrelin. All genetic things that make you fat and should be a basic test your doc does while having the weight chat.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

504 posted:

I don't hate fatties, I hate people that are fat but are drat sure to let you know if not their fault it genetics/genes/injuries and not the choice of absolutely poo poo food and 0 exercise.

Denial never helps man look at the pro-trump polsters.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
And isn't it weird how many fat people never ever get these tests done.

Also strange how all the ones "genetically fat" also happen to be the ones eating 5 kilos of crap a day and never getting off the couch.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Azuth0667 posted:

Denial never helps man look at the pro-trump polsters.

Cant argue with that!

Im so glad that campaign fell apart.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Carmant posted:

Smoking is actually more dangerous than being fat, and the burden of the obese on the medical system is greatly exaggerated.

so round up the smokers too, idiot

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

504 posted:

And isn't it weird how many fat people never ever get these tests done.

Also strange how all the ones "genetically fat" also happen to be the ones eating 5 kilos of crap a day and never getting off the couch.

Thats a failure of healthcare being hamstrung when trying to treat obesity as a disease.

Take a look at ghrelin, making too much of that will make you constantly hungry and want to eat 5 kilos of mcdonalds dollar menu. What can cause that? Genetics :c00lbutt:

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Robo Reagan posted:

so round up the smokers too, idiot

Unironically this.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Azuth0667 posted:

Thats a failure of healthcare being hamstrung when trying to treat obesity as a disease.

Take a look at ghrelin, making too much of that will make you constantly hungry and want to eat 5 kilos of mcdonalds dollar menu. What can cause that? Genetics :c00lbutt:

quit getting offended that the world wont take care of you fatboy

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
yeah except smoking is cool and being fat is only cool if you're john belushi. i guess what i'm saying is: all you fatties should start smoking.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Azuth0667 posted:

I'm not doubting the truth of that, I say so in my first post.

I'm saying the lazy tubbies will clamp onto it as an excuse, and promptly "ruin" it for actual genetic big people. The same way every middle-aged woman is suddenly gluten intolerant.

As an aside, do you have any experience with this? I find I can be "a little hungry" and then all of a sudden (almost instantly) I am ridiculously, nausea making, stomach cramping hungry.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Come to think of it I do basically only use the sweeteners in my coffee and not sugar

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Robo Reagan posted:

quit getting offended that the world wont take care of you fatboy

Another selfhating fat.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
does that mean solid snake has to be fat now????

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
Fat people complaining about genetics making them fat is like brunettes complaining about genetics making them brunettes. While it is technically true that some people can be blond without doing any work, if you really want to be blond, you can be. Yes, you will have to continually fight your body's natural tendency to be a brunette, but if being blond is important to you, is it really that big of a deal getting a dye job every now and then?

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

504 posted:

I'm not doubting the truth of that, I say so in my first post.

I'm saying the lazy tubbies will clamp onto it as an excuse, and promptly "ruin" it for actual genetic big people. The same way every middle-aged woman is suddenly gluten intolerant.

As an aside, do you have any experience with this? I find I can be "a little hungry" and then all of a sudden (almost instantly) I am ridiculously, nausea making, stomach cramping hungry.

Yes half of my thesis is on genetics/genomic editing and the other half is on hormone signaling related to hunger/fullness.

That sounds like a see your doctor question can't give medical advice.

E: its like welfare queens, most recipents arnt but the 1% that is ruins it for everyone.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
maybe go for a run lol

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

poopnanners posted:

yeah except smoking is cool and being fat is only cool if you're john belushi. i guess what i'm saying is: all you fatties should start smoking.

He was cool because of the speed balls

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

AEMINAL posted:

heres how i stay not-fat:

step on bathroom scale every morning, if my weight is over x, i eat less

legit good advice. weight gain happens slow enough as to creep up on you.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Captain Yossarian posted:

I'm going to kill Carmant

wow, you are congestive heart failure? can i get an autograph?

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
Countdown until this study is used to support the "fatshaming is eugenics" tirade.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
fat people are a problem that solves itself. they die young, and are physically unattractive so they are less likely to have children.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Blue Train posted:

I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill em all

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

most likely gut microbiome more than genetics

loving pauly shore

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
it's obvious the people who didn't read the paper

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

I'm from Rio Gallegos and I also say Kill Em All

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Breakfast All Day posted:

most likely gut microbiome more than genetics

loving pauly shore

Yeah this is a big part of it too firmicutes and bacteriodes.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Poetic Justice posted:

did you actually expect people to read something on saturday night?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i never click any links in gbs. these days most of them aren't even goatse, so what is the point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Poetic Justice posted:

Don't they only give adopted children out to people that have conclusive proof of their ability to be responsible parents?

and aren't the children of fats the result of fat sex, a blight upon mankind like none the world hath ever known?

• Locked thread