Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
idk i could sit here eating french pastries all loving day long bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

VectorSigma posted:

i knew a dude whose last name was kitchenmaster and he was fat so im gonna have to say that it is combination of genetics and behavior

he never had a chance

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Quote-Unquote posted:

but this definition doesn't make sense to me. It was all raw ingredients at some point.

All you're saying here is 'somebody cooked it for me and put it in a package' = processed

(If that's not what you're saying then sorry, but please tell me what 'processed' means)

it's kinda become a useless phrase at this point but when I use it I mean things that have a lot of poo poo in em that idk what the gently caress they are

like when I pick up the ingredient list and it says 'turkey, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, wheat, pasteurized cheese, sodium' that's worlds apart from "emulsifier (monoglyceride and citric acid), anti-staling agent, calcium propionate, caramel color, dough conditioner, L-cysteine, enzyme, azodicarbonamide, calcium disodium EDTA, chipotle flavor concentrate, "

it's not just cooking it and putting it in a package, it's adding all kinds of preservatives and flavorings and colorings and whatever cancerous poo poo to make it look/taste good

I try to stay away from anything with flavoring in it for example, natural or artificial (natural just means derived from organic sources, that doesn't mean it can't still be a chemical additive). Obv sometimes I still drink a soda but you know.

LordArgh posted:

they contain compounds that look scary such as "glucose" and "sodium chloride". i mean what the hell is that. can't be natural and must be bad. don't want any of that in my body, no sir

why eat foods with a bunch of chemical flavorings and colors and preservatives when you don't have to though?

Azodicarbonamide is not glucose. Yeah there is a safe threshold for a lot of these chemicals but so what why eat it if you don't have to.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Sep 1, 2016

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pvt.Scott posted:

Getting sober taught me that long, frustrating poo poo that you keep loving up all the time and losing traction on can still turn out fine in the end if you keep trying.

Yeah it's okay to slip up. It's no bueno when people go damnit I FAILED and just go welp better give up then I suck.

• Locked thread