Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1570677X1630106X

Interesting. Guess it really is genetic after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

The Dennis System posted:

I'm not a scientist, but I think that if you burn more calories than you eat you'll lose weight.

It's not that simple

Youre fat you should be on my side here

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Sid Vicious posted:

hes not any more

He will be fat again at some point thanks to genetics.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

504 posted:

If you have "fat genes" you will be fat..

if you eat like a ten year old and are lazy.

If you eat more calories than you burn you gain weight
If you burn more calories than you eat you will lose weight

You cannot get magic fat, nobody can suck weight out of thin air.

This is an accurate study that will be instantly used by lazy greedy people as the "reason" they are fat.

Fat people arent lazy, they probably actually have the same willpower as normal ppl, its just that they have a higher drive to eat. So for you or me being skinny we're not working harder than the fat people.. or exercising more self control.. its just that we dont have the genetic desire to eat that much

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Dave_Indeed posted:

I don't understand why they just dont eat boiled chicken for every meal and work out three times a day until they aren't fat mutants.

I hate them.

Thats very narrow minded

504 posted:

I fully agree with you about the drive but not the willpower, I have a farcical appetite. Last night for dinner I ate 5 pork chops and kumara (sweet potatoes). This was meant to cover dinner that night and dinner tonight as im working late, but I ate the whole drat thing in one sitting. Two plates of dinner is normal for me, I cant buy extra of something at the supermarket when its on sale because ill just eat the whole lot.

I also work a job that keeps me on my feet 6/8 hours a day and lift weights while deliberately avoiding as much crap food as I can.

What I don't do is eat every piece of poo poo that crosses my path and do nothing but play video games why telling everyone "Cant do anything about it, its genetics"

Have you ever been fat. If not then you probably dont actually have a big appetite you just think you do

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

poopnanners posted:

is being a lovely poster genetic?

Youd have to ask.. your mother!

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Captain Yossarian posted:

I'm going to kill Carmant

That's weird.. are you a buttmad skinny person?

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Azuth0667 posted:

This is called having "good" genetics.

He's just proving my point really...

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Robo Reagan posted:

doesnt change the fact that fat people are a plague on society and should be sterilized at the very least

Smoking is actually more dangerous than being fat, and the burden of the obese on the medical system is greatly exaggerated.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Massasoit posted:

I am like 40lbs over where I should be and I eat too much food and sit at a desk all day for work.

When I ate less and worked outside 10 hour days I weighed 40 lbs less.

I blame my genetics because it's easier than owning up to the fact that I am a failure :saddowns:

Self hating fat people are the most obnoxious ppl on the planet I think.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

oh you guys are saying fat people should kill themselves.. thats really edgy, congratulations.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't think anybody said that?

You literally said it like a page ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Sialia posted:

Actually had to look up HAES. What the gently caress is that?
'Focusing on health and wellbeing rather than weight control'?
What the actual gently caress?
If you want health and wellbeing weight control is like the most important and controllable aspect.

They just want ppl like goons to stop being weird and trashing fat people at every opportunity

• Locked thread