Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
If you have "fat genes" you will be fat..

if you eat like a ten year old and are lazy.

If you eat more calories than you burn you gain weight
If you burn more calories than you eat you will lose weight

You cannot get magic fat, nobody can suck weight out of thin air.

This is an accurate study that will be instantly used by lazy greedy people as the "reason" they are fat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Carmant posted:

Fat people arent lazy, they probably actually have the same willpower as normal ppl, its just that they have a higher drive to eat. So for you or me being skinny we're not working harder than the fat people.. or exercising more self control.. its just that we dont have the genetic desire to eat that much

I fully agree with you about the drive but not the willpower, I have a farcical appetite. Last night for dinner I ate 5 pork chops and kumara (sweet potatoes). This was meant to cover dinner that night and dinner tonight as im working late, but I ate the whole drat thing in one sitting. Two plates of dinner is normal for me, I cant buy extra of something at the supermarket when its on sale because ill just eat the whole lot.

I also work a job that keeps me on my feet 6/8 hours a day and lift weights while deliberately avoiding as much crap food as I can.

What I don't do is eat every piece of poo poo that crosses my path and do nothing but play video games why telling everyone "Cant do anything about it, its genetics"

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Carmant posted:

Have you ever been fat. If not then you probably dont actually have a big appetite you just think you do

Well as I said a two plate dinner is normal. Last nights dinner was 900g of pork and 2 dirty great root veges, I get constant comments from partners my family and workmates about the amount I eat and if I don't maintain my gym workouts I balloon like Val Kilmer.

I did a food diary for two weeks for a nutritionist once and he point blank said he didn't know how I wasn't the size of a house. I'm quite grateful I have a terrible job that makes me do 12 hour shifts and also conveniently limits my access to late night junk food.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Azuth0667 posted:

This is called having "good" genetics.

Yeah, I got the "good genes" comment once.

I didn't realize it was an excuse response at the time and laughingly responded "More like the fact I'm stopping in the middle of my 30 minute bike ride home after my shift to gym for an hour" - Accidental burn.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Azuth0667 posted:

What i cant fathom is how goons of all people hate fat people. 99% of goon pictures posted here are full of >50 BMI with the occasional gulag survivor peppered through out.

Its like self hating fat people. Fix yo sad brains goons.

I don't hate fatties, I hate people that are fat but are drat sure to let you know if not their fault it genetics/genes/injuries and not the choice of absolutely poo poo food and 0 exercise.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
And isn't it weird how many fat people never ever get these tests done.

Also strange how all the ones "genetically fat" also happen to be the ones eating 5 kilos of crap a day and never getting off the couch.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Azuth0667 posted:

Denial never helps man look at the pro-trump polsters.

Cant argue with that!

Im so glad that campaign fell apart.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Azuth0667 posted:

Thats a failure of healthcare being hamstrung when trying to treat obesity as a disease.

Take a look at ghrelin, making too much of that will make you constantly hungry and want to eat 5 kilos of mcdonalds dollar menu. What can cause that? Genetics :c00lbutt:

I'm not doubting the truth of that, I say so in my first post.

I'm saying the lazy tubbies will clamp onto it as an excuse, and promptly "ruin" it for actual genetic big people. The same way every middle-aged woman is suddenly gluten intolerant.

As an aside, do you have any experience with this? I find I can be "a little hungry" and then all of a sudden (almost instantly) I am ridiculously, nausea making, stomach cramping hungry.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Serious Frolicking posted:

fat people are a problem that solves itself. they die young, and are physically unattractive so they are less likely to have children.

My fat guy boss has eight children. It must be like two zeppelins colliding.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Sonofsilversign posted:

Lol

So i live in new zealand and recently the first generation of super fats reached 30/40 and have started dropping like flies. This is creating a significant problem in mortuaries as the only real infrastructure to deal with them are gurney winch things which top out at around 300lb. The influx of fatties is gonna necessitate the purchase of literal corpse cranes and probably the total rebuilding of the country's largest morgues.

thats my story thanks for reading

I live in NZ too!

We have "fat guy" triple wide wheelchairs at my hospital..

and patients to big for them.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Sonofsilversign posted:

im gonna get 3000 calories of dominos delivered and now i know i was genetically predestined to do it and its definitely not just a poor life choice

thanks science

Pork.

Since I became not Muslim im alllll about the pork.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Crystal Geometry posted:

Obesity today is widespread. Two generations ago it was not. Did the genes change?

Double quote I know..

But this is loving great and im stealing it.

Disclaimer: I formally acknowledge some people have genuine medical conditions that make them fat.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
If there is a major civil disaster. flood, plague, earthquake etc. Ill be turning to cannibalism before the suns down.

Fair warning.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

st1LL_51ngl3 posted:

Lol you're gonna get fat after you inherit the fat epigenetic hormonal whatevers from eating fat people after the Apocalypse.

Yeah, but then I can honestly claim its genetic and become a large Jabba the Hutt type entity

"OH DOOKE SETA ET BURGER KING HOHOHO!"

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

KVeezy3 posted:

On top of that excessive protein has no scientific evidence of increased muscle growth. Sorry you were fooled by food supplement companies and drugged up bodybuilders.

He's right!

All those big guys got that way on popcorn.

Also, there is technically no proof smoking is bad for you too.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

runupon cracker posted:

losing weight is easy, just eat less and move more

~somebody who believes abstinence-only education works too

Except the only people that believe this are enormous fatlords that never do a drat thing.

"Its a condition!! Everything tastes good!!*"

*Except salad.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

AugmentedVision posted:

"Eating salad makes you skinny" is actually a pretty useless attitude for weight loss

I'm not even talking about the fact that fat people put 1000 calories of dressing, bacon and croutons on their salad

In a broad sense, if you want to lose weight, you should focus on what not to eat, not what to eat. It's baffling, but lots and lots of people in this world are stupid enough to think if you eat like poo poo and then add salad on top of it, that's somehow a good thing.

Yes I know, I'm not saying "Eat salad to lose weight" I'm saying "Fatties eat 5kg of crap then claim eating healthy would not help because its genetic"

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Fat Shat Sings posted:

uhhh no? I eat anywhere from 3,000 - 5,000 calories a day and never go past 200lbs. I don't exercise at all and what I'm eating is the worst possible food.

Maybe something is medically wrong with me which is possible.

Like that chick that lost a crapton of weight and got semi famous selling her amazing new easy diet system.

Then learned the weight loss was caused by her undiagnosed terminal cancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

eric posted:

my thyroid causes me to eat biggie size triple baconator meals for lunch and dinner

I had 3 pork chops, kumara and a bowl full of mixed veges followed by a dirty great scone and most of a box of fathers day chocolates for dinner last night.

Luckily my thyroid causes me to gym almost daily, bike an hour daily and consider the options when picking food.

• Locked thread