Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I HATE YOU.

*hits post*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Would Zack have been any better with the original actor from season 1?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

SpaceAceJase posted:

Would Zack have been any better with the original actor from season 1?

God no

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

TheRationalRedditor posted:

name literally one scene centered around zach and his acting that is cool, so that we may all laugh at you in greater depth

We care deeply about Zach, because we care deeply about Eph, who is distraught becau

hahahahaha

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

el oso posted:

To me, it would have been way more fun if Eichorst had come in, Zack can't quite push the button but passes it off to Eichorst (his surrogate father figure this season) who sets it off. Eichorst gets to redeem himself to the Master, sets up a big Eph/Eichorst Father-off next season, etc. And Richard Sammel would be so entertaining to watch in that role.

The point is - the storytelling implications of the nuke going off are really exciting but the problem is that the motivations of Zack are really weak, compounded by having a very unlikable actor in the role. I love a complicated villain you hate but you can understand/relate to or can't help but kind of root for. But you need to have at least good writing or good acting to pull that off. Zack, unfortunately, has neither.

Anyway that was a much more fun season than the first couple and I'm excited for how bonkers the final one might be.
Yeah, that would've been a much better scene and would've actually made sense. Eichorst and Eph competing for Zach's loyalty would've been thematically appropriate rather than "I hate you! *nuke*". Zach nuking everyone, including quite likely himself, makes no sense at all in the context of a scene where his Mum was about to kill him 2 minutes prior, and was trying to kill his Dad after.

Plus it has the added benefit of if Zach handing the nuke button to Eichorst - who pressed it - then technically Zach didn't do it himself and would be somewhat redeemable, rather than as it is now where his character might as well have died. There can be no investment in Eph trying to get Zach back now after what he's done.

Can't believe I'm serious posting about such a poo poo character.

Love Crime
Apr 4, 2016
I've tried thinking of an even worse way they could've handled the nuke and I can't. I just can't.

They could've even gone with a Dutch/Eph/Fet love triangle jealousy scheme that resulted in one of them pushing the button and it still wouldn't have even come close to a preteen screaming I HATE YOU at his dad and pressing it.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Remember the scene where Zach was playing a video game on his phone? Really made me want to play a video game instead of watching this stupid show. A great scene.

Barto
Dec 27, 2004
I think we all know who Zachary voted for.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
I thought you guys were kidding about the kid. Holy gently caress. To me that felt like the stupidest thing ever. It didn't even make any sense and seemed like bad writing that lacked enough setup. And just the entire execution of that moment felt really cheesy.

Anyway, this season finally did get moving halfway into it, which was way too long. I thought the show would benefit from 3 less episodes, and maybe it did, but not enough. Every season has felt like a slog and I wonder if I would have enjoyed the books if I had read them before watching this.

That being said, I'm sort of excited to see how they wrap things up next season, and above all: Quinlan owns.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Remember when we hated Nora's mom more than anyone else?

YOUNG BOY!

YOUNG BOY!!!!

YOUNG BOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Glad I am not the only one who drunk watches this show. It is just so fitting.

I had a few before watching the finale. I woke up the next day thinking I'd dreamed the ending.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Eldarion'd again!
Just watched the finale. You know what, I don't know if I can take watching this show anymore. I've been screaming at my screen EVERY SINGLE SEASON for someone to kill that kid before he got everyone else killed.

It's been extremely obvious from the start that something like this would eventually happen if they let that kid stay alive. I know he's Doc's son and all but he still should have shot him the instant he pulled out that trigger.

All of these people are too stupid to live. gently caress 'em. I hope they all die now.

edit: I see I'm not the only one who feels the same way. gently caress that kid and gently caress ALL OF THESE DUMBASS CHARACTERS WHO DIDN'T SEE IT COMING.

edit 2: I actually hoped that maybe the kid was playing the long con and acting the way he did this season in order to get close to the Master and try to take him out. That would have been way better and would have made me respect the kid for once.

...! fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Feb 4, 2017

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

To be fair, this is somewhat close to the books. The kid goes over to The Master's side as well, and that's a major focus of book 3.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

Hell Gem
I didn't mind the kid at all. His pet and Eichhorst slowly turning him to the dark side were amusing.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Astroman posted:

To be fair, this is somewhat close to the books. The kid goes over to The Master's side as well, and that's a major focus of book 3.

Maybe the books are also bad.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Eldarion'd again!

Paladinus posted:

Maybe the books are also bad.

Yeah, I'm going to remind myself to never read the books.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

They're actually pretty good. An alternative take on the plot in some ways, but you can see from the casting that Del Toro picked people who would bring the characters to life--you can easily see Fet, Eph, Setrakian, etc in your minds eye as you read.

Only downside: no Eichorst, as he was invented for the show. Well he's there but not in nearly as big a part.

devilwu
Feb 4, 2015

...! posted:

Yeah, I'm going to remind myself to never read the books.

I'll suggest you to read the first two books. The last one was very bad in my opinion.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

...! posted:

Just watched the finale. You know what, I don't know if I can take watching this show anymore.

Too bad, you have to suffer with the rest of us.

At least eventually we'll see the kid get killed....right? They owe us that much.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

...! posted:

gently caress ALL OF THESE DUMBASS CHARACTERS WHO DIDN'T SEE IT COMING.

On the other hand, history is full of people making incredibly baffling choices that lead to catastrophe and in hindsight we can't understand how they didn't see it coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

The books are real bad. I did appreciate in book 3 that every character is somehow aware that Eph is the protagonist and are baffled by it because he sucks so hard.

• Locked thread