Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

The Strain is an American horror drama television series that premiered on FX on July 13, 2014. It was created by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan, based on their novel trilogy of the same name. Season 3 starts August 28.

Plot
A Boeing 767 arrives at John F. Kennedy International Airport and is taxiing its way across the tarmac when it suddenly stops. All window shades are closed except one, the lights are out, and communication channels have gone silent. An alert is sent to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Dr. Ephraim "Eph" Goodweather, head of the CDC's Canary Project, a rapid-response team that handles biological threats, is sent to investigate. Goodweather and Dr. Nora Martinez board the plane, finding everyone except four people dead.

In a pawnshop in Spanish Harlem, former history professor and Holocaust survivor Abraham Setrakian knows something terrible has happened and that an unnatural war is brewing. So begins a battle of mammoth proportions as the vampiric virus that has infected the passengers begins spilling out onto New York City's streets. Dr. Goodweather, who is joined by Setrakian and a small band of fighters, desperately tries to stop the contagion to save the city, and also his wife and son.

Cast

Corey Stoll as Dr. Ephraim "Eph" Goodweather, the head of the CDC Canary Team in New York City.

David Bradley as Professor Abraham Setrakian, a Holocaust survivor turned New York pawnbroker. Jim Watson portrays a young Setrakian in flashbacks.

Mía Maestro as Dr. Nora Martinez, a member of the CDC Canary Team and Eph's closest ally.

Kevin Durand as Vasiliy Fet, a once-solitary rat exterminator of Ukrainian descent, who is caught up in the fight for humanity.

Jonathan Hyde as Eldritch Palmer, an elderly billionaire invalid driven to obtain immortality. Charlie Gallant portrays a young Palmer in flashbacks.

Richard Sammel as Thomas Eichhorst, an undead vampire acolyte of the Master who has a 70-year history with Setrakian. In his former life, he was a Nazi commander at the Treblinka extermination camp in German-occupied Poland.

Jack Kesy as Gabriel Bolivar/The Master, a philandering rock star with an appetite for recreational drugs and is one of the Master's vampire acolytes before becoming the Master's current host body.

Natalie Brown as Kelly Goodweather, Eph's estranged wife.

Miguel Gomez as Augustin "Gus" Elizalde, a gang member who just got out of juvenile prison.

Ben Hyland (season 1) and Max Charles (season 2–present) as Zach Goodweather, the son of Ephraim and Kelly.

Ruta Gedmintas as Dutch Velders, an internet hacker hired by Palmer, who turns against the company when she realizes what she has done.

Rupert Penry-Jones as Mr. Quinlan, a half-vampire with a vendetta against the Master.

Joaquín Cosío as Angel Guzman Hurtado, a retired wrestler once known as "The Silver Angel".

Other images

Recaps of the episodes: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Strain_episodes

Season 3 trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWzw-bYa3lw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Colorspray posted:

Has the season number/plot progression been keeping up with the books? From what I understand this story is amazing, but season 2 meandered around a bit too much to keep my interest.

I think Dutch was a character made for TV and is here to stay. Also Nora killed herself with train tracks so I guess she doesn't name her child after Eph.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

muscles like this? posted:

I don't know if their plan is still this but what I read last year is that books 2 and 3 will take two seasons each. So this is the second part of book 2 and next season will be book 3 and the time skip.

I hope they dont string it out for 10 seasons. 5 could round the series out and not let it run forever.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
There's gonna be a worm exploding person like in Slither, haha.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Dont worry, Zach is coming.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Cant believe Sully from Drakes Uncharted got a movie.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Back talking Mommy Master.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Sucks the Spanish vampire hunter became a reverse heroin addict this season.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So Quin almost killed the master once to make him live in a cave intill he got the giant body upgrade?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Whats up with this "cant cross water" crap? Cant the vampires like drive boats?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
That ambush they set up is going well.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So the exploder vampire guys have little c4 bombs in them. Somehow I think c4 would be the wrong choice for the tactic of throwing worms on people. Are worms strong vs explosions?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Thanks mom for letting me live in this bunker room forever without leaving.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Fill the episodes with flashbacks please!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I'm glad that next season is the last, they lost so many characters before the final act.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

bull3964 posted:

I also thought it was kind of funny how Fet just threw Zach's book back on the ground for Eph to pick up. I mean, there was a crate right there in the hallway that he could have put it on.

It wasn't that long he could of just said it over the radio.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Vampires won this season, right?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Who was that person he met in his office like in episode 2 or something? Like this is a character hiding in plain site.

You know I hate to say it, but this series basically starts off like Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Oct 10, 2016

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
That was a good episode. And because I read spoilers for the books, I'm guessing the crate is a red herring. Just trying to connect how they get to the next part in one episode.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Palmer had a sad story of trying to connect with his father and showing his underdog upcoming. Like the story in the second Sin City, except his dad didn't kill him when he met him. So was he rich when he met the old man in that flash back or working at the college? Or was he able to walk with a cane after doing the wheelchair thing?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
If you thought Zack wasn't going to show up and be the worst character!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Please whose really to blame for the lovely seals on the magic case to seal the master forever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Someone anyone please kill Zack.

Don't worry, in a way the series will end with it.

• Locked thread