Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
I love this dumb, stupid show. The first ep of the season was fun & campy, hoping they keep going with that direction instead of the melodrama that just was not working at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

DarklyDreaming posted:

Ok seriously Zack needs some kind of medal for this poo poo. Worst kid character in the history of fiction

It's actually pretty impressive just how horrible he is, considering how many awful kid characters there are out there. Quite a feat.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

To me, it would have been way more fun if Eichorst had come in, Zack can't quite push the button but passes it off to Eichorst (his surrogate father figure this season) who sets it off. Eichorst gets to redeem himself to the Master, sets up a big Eph/Eichorst Father-off next season, etc. And Richard Sammel would be so entertaining to watch in that role.

The point is - the storytelling implications of the nuke going off are really exciting but the problem is that the motivations of Zack are really weak, compounded by having a very unlikable actor in the role. I love a complicated villain you hate but you can understand/relate to or can't help but kind of root for. But you need to have at least good writing or good acting to pull that off. Zack, unfortunately, has neither.

Anyway that was a much more fun season than the first couple and I'm excited for how bonkers the final one might be.

el oso fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Nov 3, 2016

• Locked thread