Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The only good character is Eichhorn because like the audience he can laugh his rear end of constantly at the heroes constant blunders and bad decision making.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

DarklyDreaming posted:

It is an astoundingly mediocre show that is redeemed by good costume design and gore effects and I am not sure if there is a noteworthy fanbase out there

It's sort of like the Walking Dead, it's where bad plot meets occasionally awesome set piece action scenes and practical effects.

etalian fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Aug 28, 2016

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Wonder if FX will make the season 2 launch available for streaming?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Well on the brightside I hope no more flashbacks, which should mean a better new season?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Astroman posted:

It's a good show which can be silly at times, but has moments of pulpy brilliance. Eichorst is one of the best villains on tv, and Setrakian is awesome.

I'd rate it around the quality of Wayward Pines, so if you like that you'll like this. If you hate that, you'll probably hate this.

The other amazing bit from the recent season was the funny parody video in which Eichorst opens a AirBnB.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Nazzadan posted:

Fet is just wonderful.

The little smile he gave the first time he fired the SAW was great

Show needs more of this and less cheesy melodrama.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

DecentHairJelly posted:

Also, lol at the SEALs making a point of reminding the audience that a single worm will infect you. Then 10 minutes later Eph stabs a strigoi in the face with his bare hand then throws a worm covered knife in the back seat like it ain't no thang.

The nature of the monsters seems like chopping them up or any sort close range fighting would be a bad idea.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

the show is basically 70-80% garbage with occasional action sequences and body horror mixed in.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

MariusLecter posted:

So this just hit me, cause I put so little thought into what happens in this show, the US military believes the main cast and they are helping to find and Bin laden the gently caress out of The Master buuuuut only for a few days. New York is written off and lol you're on your own cause Seal Team Six needs to go somewhere else that isn't stopping the leader of the vampire apocalypse???

The show doesn't make sense and has to throw in stuff like Palmer manipulating things or government just acting outright dumb.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

WitchFetish posted:

I'm a bit forgetful, I guess, but is the rest of the planet as deep in poo poo as the US? Because if no then a lot of people would be delighted to go to NY, get handed a rifle, loose ROEs and a shitload of strigoïs so shoot.

I think the intro implied that the infection has spread to other cities.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

DarklyDreaming posted:

Eichhorst is being exceptionally smug. Even for him

The actor for Eichorst is one of the few good things about this hot mess of a show.

The airbnb parody owned

https://vimeo.com/139995718

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The whole premise is confusing for why trade a priceless book for a lovely dumb kid.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Vishass posted:

The Master said he didn't actually want to kill or turn Eph.

The master keeps on doing the whole super-villain thing of not directly eliminating heroes when he has a chance to take him down.

Eph may be a dumb drunkard but at least by killing/turning him it would be fullproof way of removing a threat off the table.

The book beatdown was the best part of the episode.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

tessiebee posted:

Fett: still awesome
Setrakian: rock em sock em grandpa
Everyone else: should die messily

fett is trying to knock up half of NYC

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Just gonna leave this awesome video here.

https://youtu.be/eVGzk3IIqYg

Richard Sammel owns.

Also the parody tie ads like Eichorst AirBnB are better than the actual show.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRmBKVSYHuQ

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Love Crime posted:

Wait, you mean Eichhorst isn't considered the good guy in this show?! He's the only character whose every action isn't driven by selfishness. Day in and day out he shows up to his middle management job and takes care of everything even though the boss is always looking over him.

Probably helps that the actor owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

I don't think the actor playing Eichhorst will ever get to play a good guy

The AirBnB ad was pretty hilarious.

• Locked thread