Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Liquid Penguins posted:

I can't wait to give ea $130 for a reskin of a game I played three times already.

unironically same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Man you're really trying aren't you Lumpy?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
to be fair, mount and blade combat does own and is better than whatever will be in bf1

Korbin
Nov 13, 2009

SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG
What is the AT-4 replacement in this version?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Korbin posted:

What is the AT-4 replacement in this version?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPh6DzcKYbQ

wolffenstein
Aug 2, 2002

Pork Pro

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Yeah so here's the deal with it. Most browsers are no longer supporting the type of plugin that Battlelog needs to work, so EA needs to get rid of it. They still want there to be a single Battlelog style interface where they can manage crap for all the Battlefield games at once but a website is no longer going to be an option. The UI for this apparently has already been implemented on the PS4 version of BF4. They claim it will have all of Battlelog's functionality, which is good but it's still less convenient than a website you can get to with just two clicks.
My guess is the PC version of this is a web browser container app with the battlelog plugins installed. That way they don't have to destroy the years of work they've put into the Battlelog site and backend.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

sorry, wrong video..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ZeD40Rg8A

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIhKswWkn5k&t=75s

oh, yeah, if king of the hill were a tank anime, this is what it would be like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5kTrG-kfAo

eonwe fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Aug 28, 2016

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvLLL1hZRCU

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Horses seem kind terrible, but still awesome. You're just so vulnerable to getting shot right off the thing, and it's not exactly resistant to bullets either.

Noun Verber
Oct 12, 2006

Cool party, guys.
drat they really reached for excuses to include a ton of poo poo in this game, IIRC the ACOG was only fielded for two missions and they were both basically photo-ops. I understand it's wacky battlefield so it doesn't matter but dang, there's so much actual oddball poo poo from that war they could have used.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
World War One was boring, Battlefield One will be boring.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
they called the fifth battlefield, battlefield one

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ww1 owned tho, its like bad fanfiction. its the ancient meeting the modern.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Eonwe posted:

they called the fifth battlefield, battlefield one

It's more like the 14th Battlefield Game, Battlefield 1

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouxRvFv6Hgo

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ive got a hot stock tip for yo uguys if you want it

invest in this, as interest in this legendary warrior and chef will be going up shortly after release

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

why does riding a horse default you to a rifle instead of a pistol

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

World War 1 is like an anime because for the plot to make any sense it would require cartoonish levels of incompetence by all people involved with it.

Deakul posted:

why does riding a horse default you to a rifle instead of a pistol

nanomachines

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

I find it weird that you fire the rifle one handed. They really couldn't have gone the much, much cooler route and let you actually take aim?

There's also one single guy streaming rush gameplay on twitch if you guys want to see some more gameplay I guess.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Eonwe posted:

ive got a hot stock tip for yo uguys if you want it

invest in this, as interest in this legendary warrior and chef will be going up shortly after release

Yes, Schwan food products are...actually pretty good

Maybe invest in the Charles Schulz estate too? Is that a thing?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
So on the one hand who gives a poo poo but on the other they haven't shown of their singleplayer at all, really.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Aug 29, 2016

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mordja posted:

So on the one hand who gives a poo poo but on the other they haven't shown of their multiplayer at all, really.

i was in the alpha

its battlfield 4, but in world war 1

but thats ok imo

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

This game is so good it should cost 269 dollares

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

afkmacro posted:

This game is so good it should cost 269 dollares

420 + 69 dollars

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Eonwe posted:

i was in the alpha

its battlfield 4, but in world war 1

but thats ok imo

Herp, I'm and idiot. I meant singleplayer.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

The singleplayer involves shooting Turks. That's all we know.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.
Hope you are all getting your history nerdface on with some ww1 knowledge to prepare you for the real time sim of BF1.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCUcyEsEjhPEDf69RRVhRh4A

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
How do I get into the upcoming beta? If there are multiple ways to get in, I would prefer the option that involves me giving EA money.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.

ItBurns posted:

How do I get into the upcoming beta? If there are multiple ways to get in, I would prefer the option that involves me giving EA money.

Insiders get in on Wednesday I believe.

Everyone else gets in on Friday.

No money required.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

omg chael crash posted:

I want you guys to know that I'll be playing this on PS4

Same. I also can't wait. This will be the first Battlefield game I'll pick up at launch.
Heck, I can't even wait to play the beta!!

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

IceOrb posted:

Insiders get in on Wednesday I believe.

Everyone else gets in on Friday.

No money required.

Open beta is Thursday. Early access is just one day they verified on their twitter.

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
This game will probably end up a steaming pile of poo poo but goons love throwing their money away so ea will keep releasing this garbage

Mexican Cat Farm
Dec 11, 2010

I hope there is a server option to disable elite classes

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I liked the trailer of this game because it looked like those old WW2 CoD games but with next-gen graphics. However, I don't believe :dice: can make a good single player campaign.

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

More like paramachines.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Palpek posted:

I liked the trailer of this game because it looked like those old WW2 CoD games but with next-gen graphics. However, I don't believe :dice: can make a good single player campaign.

Who plays the single player? poo poo it's standard policy for goons to post a save file the day after the games come out so we can all avoid single player. I am pretty sure most of us have never done more than run the last mission 3 times. I know some people who buy cod games for single player but I have never heard of anyone buying a battlefield game for the story.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

It's probably my longing for a good historical shooter campaign coming out. The last one I played was World at War and it released like 8 years ago? The trailer scratched that itch hard and that's it but I know the game won't deliver on that front.

I'm sure I'll enjoy the multiplayer though, Battlefield 1943 was pretty cool and I had a lot of fun with Bad Company's Vietnam as well.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
When they say the open beta is out aug 31st will that be early in the morning eu time? Also for people in the closed beta roughly how big is the client? I hopefully can start it downloading before I go out and play that evening. Does origin auto download things if I leave the client open on my desktop like steam?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Captain Gordon posted:

This game will probably end up a steaming pile of poo poo but goons love throwing their money away so ea will keep releasing this garbage

thanks for the hot take, what should we be playing instead?