Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I only started BF1 recently and am the worst twitch shooter ever, but as a medic I can still make a difference and end up in top 1/3 of the board reliably.

Goon squads best squads is what I am saying.

The goon shenanigans in BF1 also reminded me how much fun I had in 600h of BF4 with you lot. So I caved and bought the deluxe edition of BFV this morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Are they still doing a free trial for this for EA Access members? I haven't been keeping up with the game pretty much at all.

Riflen
Mar 13, 2009

"Cheating bitch"
Bleak Gremlin

Deakul posted:

Are they still doing a free trial for this for EA Access members? I haven't been keeping up with the game pretty much at all.

Yes.

In addition to this mess, Origin Access Premier peeps are getting 4 codes to give out that give the person a free 10 hour BFV trial from the 9th.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Oh wow, nice timing on my part I didn't realize it was coming out so soon.

Wake Island remake when

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Deakul posted:

Oh wow, nice timing on my part I didn't realize it was coming out so soon.

Wake Island remake when

We played Marvel Heroes together. I’ll try to save you a code if you didn’t preorder. Just hop in our discord.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Which reminds me, we are doing a final sendoff for BF1 (PC) tomorrow starting at 8PM CT. We will be on for awhile I am sure. This is also the main goon discord being used for BFV.

https://discord.gg/364rsdd

Feel free to come on down for one final run of this game before noted cool game BFV launches. We’ll be ready to roll for launch Friday. In the meantime, come on down and chill and play BF1 tomorrow if interested.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

We played Marvel Heroes together. I’ll try to save you a code if you didn’t preorder. Just hop in our discord.

Aw poo poo dude that'd be sweet, I didn't preorder cause I'm not entirely sure I even want it yet... wanna see if EA fucks it up as badly as they did SWBF2 first.

Definitely wouldn't say no to getting to try it out for free though.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Nov 7, 2018

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Kibayasu posted:

Serious question, has anyone ever actually killed a tank with mines post that nerf that meant they couldn’t be too close together? It’s not like the SMG 08 needs an optical sight anyways so I’m looking at that and going “Not even going to bother”

Yeah I got that achievement done with the nerf. Subconsciously people drive on roads so you put 1 on each side of a road right outside their base or pretty far back from the front. Preferably in a shadow or crater or a puddle.

The best feeling in the game is getting that 300th kill with the martini, gently caress I’m glad to be done with that gun.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
It's Armistice Day y'all.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

I was going to see if I could convince a server to stop shooting and come out and fraternize, but ww2 already broke out.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
goodbye friends, it's on to BFV. let me know if they release the colt single action army without all that awful work

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008
So, noon question: do weapons unlock, or do they just unlock the ability for me to buy them with my gaembux?

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Narzack posted:

So, noon question: do weapons unlock, or do they just unlock the ability for me to buy them with my gaembux?

If you're talking BF1, you unlock them with warbux. Except for DLC weapons, which unlock by completing challenges. In BFV they unlock as you rank up your class.

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008
Yeah, BF1. Thanks, looks like there's no reason to sit on the warbux. Might as well start spending them.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Narzack posted:

Yeah, BF1. Thanks, looks like there's no reason to sit on the warbux. Might as well start spending them.

Oh yeah spend them as you get them, no reason to hold onto them.

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

The total amount of warbux that can be earned matches exactly the amount required to unlock everything that can be unlocked by warbux.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
So trip report post BFV release, at least on the PC BF1 is in a weird place. Population wise at the moment, you can get into a game easy but a lot of the player hosted custom servers are simply gone now. Operations seem weird, ones that used to have the worst kind of deadlock now are apparently either normal or painfully one sided steam rolls.

New players from the Battlefield V crowd either don't know how the games mechanics work or just not bothering, spotting, getting revived and even resupply has sadly all gone the way of the dodo. I can see a lot of the die hard types still playing slowly and quietly leaving when the USSR/US enter the present new game of the franchise. Still for the time being, It's okay to bop back in when taking a break from V.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
edit: wrong thread

Julius CSAR fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jan 19, 2019

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

So BFV just seems to keep getting worse with every update. Anybody coming back for this? Apparently the PC population has been climbing back up in the past few days.

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009
I'm still playing bf1, tried bf5 but it never really clicked for me; the bad updates are juste the nail in the coffin.

Here in Europe I have no trouble finding full conquest or operations servers, as long as I'm not too regarding on map choice. However finding people in other gamemodes is rare.

The full game regularly goes on sale for like 5 bux, you always notice an influx of new players at those periods. Otherwise the population is quite stable, though you often encounter the same players on different servers.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
Yeah, I went back to BF1 in like March. I finished up the last of the codexes and single-player achievements and then just finished up the service star challenge.

Salty Noobs and RDM are still kicking if you want community servers with admins.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Goddamn this game is still fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08vPopvvpD0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNYIHIWV5bE

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Sweet limpets. I stopped playing BFV months ago too and I play BF1 from time to time on PC and PS4 too now.

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009
Limpets are the best, nothing like sneaking up to a tank or a building full of enemies and blow it up, even if you're downed :black101:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIPHcgpWsTs

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I forgot how much I love my Federov

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I'm playing BF1 and 4 but talk about it in the BF5 thread

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

There are a fair number of guns in BF1 I never used that much I probably should go back and try.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Kibayasu posted:

There are a fair number of guns in BF1 I never used that much I probably should go back and try.

If you never used the Huot after the TTK patch, you're really missing out.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Julius CSAR posted:

If you never used the Huot after the TTK patch, you're really missing out.

That's the LMG, right? I used the hell out of that thing.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Kibayasu posted:

That's the LMG, right? I used the hell out of that thing.

Yeah with the like, the drum mag

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Julius CSAR posted:

Yeah with the like, the drum mag

I just checked the BF1 stat companion thing and its actually the weapon with my most kills. The Low Weight version anyways.

Second place is the 1906 Factory but that doesn't really count because I only used that to unlock the other 1906 (which I never used).

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
Huot Low Weight is probably the best overall weapon in the "machine rifle" archetype. Good TTK, extremely accurate, very controllable, decent hipfire, bipod, larger magazine than the BAR. Just don't fire that last bullet because the empty reload is getting into painfully slow territory.

Madsen LW and BAR 1918A2 (on fast fire) are very competitive as well. Chauchat and Lewis LW are a little less so but still very playable.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

I am still shocked that the chauchat has been allowed to remain so good for so long. The optical version feels like cheating sometimes.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Paul MaudDib posted:

Huot Low Weight is probably the best overall weapon in the "machine rifle" archetype. Good TTK, extremely accurate, very controllable, decent hipfire, bipod, larger magazine than the BAR. Just don't fire that last bullet because the empty reload is getting into painfully slow territory.

Madsen LW and BAR 1918A2 (on fast fire) are very competitive as well. Chauchat and Lewis LW are a little less so but still very playable.

This is a whole lot of words talking about guns that aren’t the Burton

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

This is a whole lot of words talking about guns that aren’t the Burton

Burton kinda sucks though. If you want to play pseudo-automatico then use the automatico, and the incendiary rounds make a lot of spam in the message log but don't actually do much damage.

The one time it's OK is against diving fighters if you can get a part disable that causes them to piledrive themselves into the ground (hilarious when it happens but not that common). MG1917 is a better anti-aircraft weapon past "dumbshit pilot diving you" range.

The BAR 1918A2 and the Huot LW both beat the Burton reliably past knife-fight range due to better accuracy.

It's the memepistol equivalent for the support class. And like the memepistol, it's not good (anymore).

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I can never get angry when this happens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR1IapvA8tU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Paul MaudDib posted:

Burton kinda sucks though. If you want to play pseudo-automatico then use the automatico, and the incendiary rounds make a lot of spam in the message log but don't actually do much damage.

The one time it's OK is against diving fighters if you can get a part disable that causes them to piledrive themselves into the ground (hilarious when it happens but not that common). MG1917 is a better anti-aircraft weapon past "dumbshit pilot diving you" range.

The BAR 1918A2 and the Huot LW both beat the Burton reliably past knife-fight range due to better accuracy.

It's the memepistol equivalent for the support class. And like the memepistol, it's not good (anymore).

Being able to literally endlessly annoy someone in a plane as a single soldier man is pretty fun though. Even if they aren’t in danger of dying very few people want to attack something with a damaged part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
The best anti-air troll weapon is K-Bullets, obviously