Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Lube Enthusiast posted:

I was defending on Fao Fortress with the marksman Gewehr 98 and unintentionally completed the “accumulate 1,000 metres worth of headshots in a life” joke challenge for one of those horsemen of the apocalypse dogtags. kind of wanna try the “destroy a behemoth with the Kolibri” one now

I get that it's meant to be a dumb joke but i didn't think small arms even did damage to behemoths

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

ThomasPaine posted:

I get that it's meant to be a dumb joke but i didn't think small arms even did damage to behemoths

Use the kolibri to detonate explosives or something

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
You get it by shooting the mines.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

the one i wanna see is the kill an airplane with a tripwire bomb

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

StashAugustine posted:

I think one of the assignments has a requirement for aircraft roadkills, that's about the only time a skygod would be any farther than 6" away from the skybox.

The one I love is Modal Yodel, which is the "play X rounds of game mode Y", 3/4 of which don't even have a single server active on a weekend night.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
how bf v alpha

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Not too different. Still runs kinda lovely for me.

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

They apparently changed some weapon balance stuff but I haven’t seen patch notes. Game still feels as broken as it did first alpha.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Really at a certain point you just have to write things off to pubbies who play fps games being the dumbest tunnel vision obsessed fuckers on the planet. The Support MG is deadly as hell defensively but none of them ever used it in the last test and the Germans always got rolled.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

StashAugustine posted:

I cheesed that one with a friend to get a cool horseman of the apocalypse dog tag, it takes two passes with two tripwires each

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

BFV alpha plays more battlefieldy now. its better, i dont feel like i need laser aim anymore. I felt the last alpha was more pubG like.

I haven't noticed any performance improvements. I think my 4670K is the bottleneck in my system. my framerate is varying wildly. last alpha you had to play for a little bit until it smoothed out so maybe that is my problem still. I expect a lot more optimization before launch. Recommended specs are 12 gigs ram too so that could also be the issue. I'll upgrade after launch if its a problem still.

I didnt try planes or tanks yet.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Philman posted:

I didnt try planes or tanks yet.

Still bad. Though I did have a guy on my team get sixty kills flying somehow so I dunno maybe I'm god awful.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

I posted the changes for the second alpha earlier. The only thing they changed were the weapons. No vehicle tweaks or performance fixes.

You'll have to wait for the Gamescom beta/preorder beta/whatever beta for actual changes.
https://twitter.com/tiggr_/status/1029335782572666881

Symetrique fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Aug 15, 2018

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

:ducksiren: Weekly Battlefield Rendevous for Historical Accuracy is Tomorrow at 8PM CT!!! :ducksiren:

So, tomorrow at 8PM CT, we are going to play some Battlefield 4!! That’s IV, intravenous, for short. Anybody who can make it, let’s get a big group together. We had 10 last week, so maybe we can get 10.5 this time. Who knows!

Normally, these are on Fridays but, it’s my wedding anniversary, so I have to celebrate in my hometown murder capital of the world, Gary, IN New Orleans. We will get back to Fridays next week gang.

Anywho, I know the alpha is on for BFV and I wish I was there but well, tough poo poo me. So here we go.

Few FAQs for you all:

Will I have fun playing with the goon horde?

Yes. That is super obvious.

Will we win games?

Yes. We are undefeated. Please ignore what actually happened last week.

I’m working man, I can’t make it. Help?

I got you. Use this script with your boss and be sure to leave a voicemail. You’re calling in to work. It works every time.

Hi, this is [Use real name and gamer tag as well] and I am letting you know I’m calling in to work today! Honesty is the best policy and I am not sick but instead, I will be playing Battlefield game for my PC with my friends! Please know I will come into work on my next scheduled shift. Thank you and have a great [use day or night, depending on what time it is. You’ll know what to do.

Where we do this at?

Discord again! See you there! https://discord.gg/364rsdd

Cheers. Looking forward to gaming with those who join.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Discord is loving weird man, but whatever I'll give discord a try, see you on, what is that, 6pm Pacific? I haven't pubstomped on voice chat in years, looking forward to it.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

6pm PT, that’s right! See ya on Hadlock.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Teaser for tomorrow's trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjbeukF5Tv0

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

The weapon adjustments feel great. The stg isnt a must pick, the mp40 is good at close range, the mg34 can kill people, (but still has no mobility) and the k98 nerfed to hell. My performance is all over the place, out in the field I'm 55-70, but it's basically unplayable in the village with all the houses. I need a ram upgrade but these prices are hosed, and I think I'm asking too much of my 1060 to push 1440p.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
Patch dropped.

RIP Frommer rape in B2B. Also, the balancer has been fixed and turned up to balance more aggressively.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Someone posted a really good cav guide a couple pages back. One question: how do you actually get roadkills with a horse? It seems really finicky

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I had something come up last minute, will not be able to make it tonight.

Do you guys have a steam group ala BF Goons, for spamming out group play events? Or is that passé now?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah I am seeing a lot of folks have to back out (which is all good, should have used the script!!!!). I’ll be on but hey, if it’s a small group, it’s all good. Next Friday is a definite.

And no steam group since it’s on Origin. I do everything through discord.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FEgeuGsmzQ

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

that sure was a V2

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Goddamn now those are some kicking rad uniforms that better be in the game.

I wonder if that map will be like Amiens but more crumbly. I'd dig it.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Paul MaudDib posted:

Patch dropped.

RIP Frommer rape in B2B. Also, the balancer has been fixed and turned up to balance more aggressively.

quote:

• Fixed an issue where the Field Gun’s rotation would reverse when the Decouple Aiming option was turned on.

wow I honestly had assumed this would never get fixed since it’s been in the game since like day 1

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

its a pity modern battlefields are immune to modding because dublin 1916 would be a funny map

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I like how the 1940 battlefields with 1944 weapons are gonna make people lose their poo poo.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Man I heard the first word of the song and thought it was a Danzig cover. Still better than that BF1 trailer cover of seven nation army tho

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

With the rifles nerfed how are the medic automatic rifles? It seems like they’d be the ideal replacement.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Is the howell automatic worth using? The sights are kinda dumb

Hirsute
May 4, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

that sure was a V2

Pretty sure that was a V1 in the trailer actually

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

They haven't said how many maps this is launching with, have they?

Also, I assume that ring of fire at the end was the Battle Royale mode? So stupid.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Snuffman posted:

Also, I assume that ring of fire at the end was the Battle Royale mode? So stupid.

8 maps!

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/d6Zlm0Z.mp4

Oh drat, that's a Drilling (two shotgun barrels, one rifle barrel). I am going to whore the absolute poo poo out of that gun. :getin:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
that owns

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Snuffman posted:

That ring of fire looks pretty baller, actually.

I'm not entirely against the concept of Battle Royale and think it could be done pretty well with BF mechanics.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

2 less than BF1. :(

Rotterdam does look pretty interactive, though.

I'd say now, though, that BF1 has almost too many maps. On "ALL MAP" servers, I never see some vanilla maps anymore!

Deakul posted:

That ring of fire looks pretty baller, actually.

I'm not entirely against the concept of Battle Royale and think it could be done pretty well with BF mechanics.

I was about to say something about how BR in WW2 doesn't make thematic sense but then I'd be on that slippery slope with people complaining about ladies and people of colour. :v:

(I'm going to have a squad of pretty ladies. :3:)

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Yeah I usually just make whatever custom character I think looks cool in games, but I'm def gonna make the blackest gayest looking woman I can for this just to be contrarian to the chuds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I may or may not have played on the ruined city map and I may or may not have loved it.