Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
As a self-professed tank whore this game right now is completely amazing. No one knows how to deal with you and people are more than happy to run directly at you with a bundle grenade in a vain attempt to hurt you.

There's just something so magical about looking at the end game score screen and reading "K/D: 28.00" :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Well, from the sounds of it I'm glad I was able to get a couple of great games in before everything went to poo poo.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Every game, regardless of era, is improved by adding an M1 Garand. Bad Company 2 understood this perfectly.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
If there is a server that only allows for bayonet charges that is where you'll find me.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I broke down and bought the deluxe pack a few hours ago, and I am so glad I did. The game runs like a dream at medium on my gtx 760 and bayoneting people is something that will never get old.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I haven't played a Battlefield since Bad Company 2, but I'm really confused with how the scoring works. Most of the times when I check my score in game I'll be near the top of the scoreboard, but once the game ends and shows the end game scores I'll be in the middle and some people will have 10k more points than me.

Am I missing something, or am I just bad?

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Any tips for getting kills with the rifle grenades as the Medic? I feel like I'm launching wet farts at the enemy and I feel useless having to give up my revive needle for it.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Hey guys, I'm getting mad in-chill playing with pubbies. I couldn't find any discord info in the op, can anyone shoot it over to me?

They should also just remove the ability to skip revives, pubbies are too dumb to use it right.

moosecow333 fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Oct 22, 2016

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

Ofaloaf posted:

In keeping with the old-fashioned spirit of the game, goons themselves are sticking with mumble and the CTS server for BF1.

There were people above us talking about a discord server, so I know there's non-mumble goons out there.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

Xaris posted:

Agreed, Amiens is really good. DICE kind of hosed up by having Operations go on for two maps. It basically buries 50% of the maps behind Attackers not being completely retarded/Defense being really retarded. You might see the second map maybe 10% of the time. And honestly it's just a bit too drat long to play 2 maps if you even get the chance and usually Attackers only have 1 attack anyways so you never get very far in it.

They really should have just split each map into it's own Operations and could basically double the amount of content there overnight. Mostly I just want to play more Amiens and Argon Forest and stuff.

Or they could have had it so you play both maps regardless of who wins the first map, but give a bonus to the team that wins. It does defeat the 'flow' of the operation, but I would rather play both maps every time than have to depend on the attacking teaming winning in a miracle.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
This thread is making me super paranoid. Now I'm terrified of installing latest nVidia drivers since everything works well for me right now.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

Pastry Mistakes posted:

Please goons, who do I yell at, DICE or nVidia?

I used to have this problem all the time when I was playing Battlefront. I asked in the tech support forum and GuavaMoment suggested

GuavaMoment posted:

Try going to the Nvidia control panel. Change the PhysX settings from "auto-select" to your graphics card. I had this problem once, and the crashing was caused by the auto select choosing my cpu somehow.

It worked like a dream for me, you might also get some millage out of it.

moosecow333 fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Oct 26, 2016

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
If I had a dollar for every time I've mixed up Battlefield and Battlefront when talking to people I could probably just retire.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Just had a defense rating reach over 300/27. What the gently caress is going on.

Also fair fight just banned like, 100 people.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I need to stop not playing with goons. I've been spoiled by being healed and supplied by people.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I finally decided to stop playing 64 player operations when I realized that my my screen would not stop shaking from the constant mortar spam. It's fun for a bit, but exploding constantly with no real chance at counter play got boring real quick.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

Sintax posted:

Finally tried playing with a group, and whenever I do, I can't use any vehicles because the controls are all jumpy and unresponsive. I have a feeling this is from the overlay, but does anyone know a way to fix this bullshit?

edit: I guess I fixed it by alt-tabbing or closing the Origin windows outside the game

I've found just opening and the closing the in game chat can fix this issue. Alt-tabbing also fixes it. Do note that these are only temporary fixes.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

averox posted:

Limpets and dynamite will blow those loving doors off their hinges.

Yes, but the problem comes after that. With so many people camping the two door ways there is almost no way for attackers to kill enough people to turn the point. I liked the previous idea that destroying the cannon should create a third hole on the ceiling to allow another attack path.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Got my first hackusation :dance:

It feels nice knowing that the other team is getting mad at you.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I went up against someone last night that had 174 service stars in the heavy tank. To make matters worse my team simply refused to help me destroy the tank.

They still lost cause it was a 64 player operation, but god that was an awful experience.

Ah, they're number 10 in the world for heavy tank, that explains it a bit.

moosecow333 fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Nov 10, 2016

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Goon squads are the best squads. We just went through all four of the operations without failing an attack once.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
But, as far as I'm aware, you can't purchase battle packs with real life currency, only scrap. People are getting angry at something worthless that they literally get for free just by playing the game.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
There is no way the stats on battlefieldtracker are correct. I refuse to believe I'm in the top 2% of Self-Loading Rifles with 742 kills.

Someone please tell me these stats are bugged before my ego inflates too much.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Nothing is worth giving the enemy the chance to take your tank. The only time your body should leave the tank is if an explosion forcibly ejects your corpse.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

James The 1st posted:

Yeah I like that one a lot.

Another good medic gun is the Selbstlader Marksman. You can pick off snipers without the glare of a sniper scope. It also has 26 rounds.

And a magazine! It's so nice not having to base my reloads around the number of bullets in the gun.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Of course the one night I decide to take a break the Goon Squad gets some streamers to rage.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I still think that Battlefront was, and still is, a good game :colbert:

I do think both Battlefield and Battlefront could learn a lot from each other though.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I'm thrilled that snipers only have the K bullet to deal with tanks. After putting up with the bullshit of Snipers having amazing one shot anti-tank weapons in Battlefield 2 (Xbox version) and both the bad companies this is such a relief.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Ok, I vote for a new rule. Any time someone suggests or queues up for 64-man Conquer Hell we beat them up and call them mean names. That poo poo is just not fun and we didn't even get off the first map.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

VulgarandStupid posted:

I solo tanks all of the time, or I essentially solo it and someone steals the kill. Here's how I do it. Basically, you want to get behind the big tanks, on the light tanks it matters much less unless it is the Howitzer model. First, spot the tank. This increases the chance of your team helping you and makes the next step easier. If you can get some in between you and the tank that you can throw over, do it. Throw both of your AT grenades over said obstruction at the tank. Next, while the driver is panicking, run to a place where you can prone and start shooting your AT rocket gun. Hopefully you've disabled a track or a turret and they're having a hard time turning to face you or shooting you. Shoot the rest of your AT rockets. So long as you don't glance, you should be able to kill any tank or at the very lease disable it.

This is the truth. The most important thing to remember is to avoid the main turret. If you attempt to engage the tank when it is looking at you you're as good as dead. Take your time and make sure you're attacking it from angels it can't fight back from.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Have people done the Monte Grapa operation yet? I heard they modified the map to solve the bunker problem, but couldn't find any more info than that.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
One of the maps in the most recent Battlefront (Survivors of Endor was it?) had a section of the map take place in a burning forest. It works really well except for the times you accidentally walk into a small flame, take 5 damage, and stop your health regeneration.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
My favorite tank memory was a few days ago on Monte Grappa where a pubbie tanker drove his tank into an incredibly easy to escape trench, jumped out of the tank in a mad panic, and was immediately gunned down by the three goons surrounding the tank.

The best Christmas gift anyone has ever gotten me.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

Chronojam posted:

We're doing melee only operations tonight, and just conquered Monte Grappa with our bayonets and clubs and shovels. Join up.

You would thinking bringing a literal knife to a literal gun fight would cause us to lose, but they never even took an attack off of us.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

AlmightyBob posted:

Just drove the train on Giant's Shadow and used it to cap points instead of just sitting there taking long distance potshots, giving us a last second come from behind victory 1000 - 989 and my team still called me a train noob

How hard were you blowing the horn? Someone could get over 100 kills in the train but if they aren't blowing that horn all the time then they are a train noob.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

VulgarandStupid posted:

I spent way too much time last night comparing stats between our good or decent players. Congrats if you've made this list.

https://battlefieldtracker.com/comp...p=3&p=3&p=3&p=3

I am far too excited about making this list.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I played with pubbies today.

Don't play with pubbies.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Any change that reduces a sniper's ability to one shot you, outside of a headshot, is a good change.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Can someone give a trip report on how the changes affect the automatico trench? It was my go to and I'd hate to see it suck now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I applied for KUMT, I'm Dongs McGee. It's been a while since I played with you guys and I'm looking forwards to getting back into it.

It's basically required I get the DLC maps, right?

Edit: I also never see anyone playing this game through the Origin overlay. Did you guys change what times you play or did I get removed from everyone's friends list?

moosecow333 fucked around with this message at 22:38 on May 3, 2017