Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

omg chael crash posted:

I want you guys to know that I'll be playing this on PS4

Same. I also can't wait. This will be the first Battlefield game I'll pick up at launch.
Heck, I can't even wait to play the beta!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

Sick preload DICE. Now I get to play the beta a whole hour earlier than anyone else...

What are you talking about?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Fish Fry Andy posted:

They don't even give you bonus defense points for kills? That's dumb. Defending against superior numbers is a lot more fun than attacking, in my experience, so that's disappointing that the game doesn't really reward it.

Yeah they do. Don't know what that guy is talking about.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Knifegrab posted:

Does it only give you points if you kill a guy actively capping? Or do you need to be inside the cap point when you get a kill to get the bonus. Both of which are pretty limiting and dumb to receiving any serious amount of points.

Also what are the points? I would venture to guess its a paltry sum compared to doing laps.

If the game does have defense points, I never saw em, so either I am completely blind (a legit possibility) or it barely gives out any and the amount it does give it out is tiny in comparison.

No, I have killed a ton of dudes around the point and got a defense bonus. It's pretty tiny compared to the capture points you get though.
But this game is fun! It's hilarious if you use your bayonet charge to cross an open space and end up killing some dude in a house you didn't even see.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Yeah, this game scratches an itch I didn't know I had.
It's way more fun to shoot someone with a (semi-automatic) rifle than a M16.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
This game really is fun. If you're a scout you get a periscope to peek over walls :D

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Speaking of airplanes, how's the flight combat? If spawning into a bomber forces you into a certain pilot class, is that discouraging using it as a mobile spawn point? In the videos I saw a month or so ago people were just jumping right out, which is bad since the bombers are so fragile and need people on those guns.

Only the pilot spawns as a special class. You can spawn in planes as whatever class you want, as long as someone else is flying them.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

The artillery truck owns so hard. It's also a great feeling if you manage to shoot a plane out of the sky.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Is there a good Goon group on ps4. because i wouldnt mind playing with some goons.

Check out this thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788498&pagenumber=20&perpage=40

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Are the servers down again?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Mostly Lurking posted:

Does the plane spotting flares act any different than the scout's? Can't seem to find any info on it online.

Ooooohhhhhhh, I feel like such an idiot now. I thought those flares where there to try and disorient attacking planes on your tail :downsgun:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I just stabbed a guy and got his dogtags, they were black and gold, never seen that before. But when I check my page they're nowhere to be found? Am I missing something?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

jokes posted:

Does anyone on PC play with controller? I really like playing this game on my couch but feel like I might be at, like, a SUBSTANTIAL disadvantage. I still sit at like a 1.5 KDR and mostly play assault/medic. I'm sub-top 10 in 64s like 80% of the time, but I also use gas grenades a lot.

Who cares about KDR and stuff like that. Just do whatever you want.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Ugh, I equipped the 'operations medal' but it won't track my progress because I can only join games that are already underway. So annoying, since I won my last 2 operations and the game didn't track it.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I just unlocked the A10. Is equipping your gas mask, throwing gas everywhere and jump in it the best playstyle for that?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

JFC posted:

It's not an A10, it's a 10-A. A Remington Model 10-A shotgun to be precise. This is an A-10:

Haha, ok, I unlocked the 10A and I have to say, wow. This gun just melts people :staredog:

EDIT: another thing I wonder. There are no squad upgrades in this game right? Because you get a bonus for wiping a squad, but seeing there are no squad upgrades that seems weird.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Dynamite in this game is great to create new entrances in heavily guarded houses. Shame you can only throw it 50 cm.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Woops, double post.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Vakal posted:

I was beating my head against a wall all night trying to get the 3 vehicle kills with K bullets for the scout medal.

Then I found out that destroying abandoned enemy mortar stations counts as vehicle kills. :dice:

Sorta the same thing, kills with gas grenades count towards the "get kills with explosives" medal.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Don't know if the Zeppelin pilot can adjust the altitude, but you can cap points from the Zeppelin. This allows the team to rapidly capture points and secure the sector.
So yeah, having a Zeppelin on Operations can really turn the tide.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
They should shut down the servers tomorrow imo :colbert:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Gonkish posted:

Behemoth :words:.

Behemoths really help the team that's doing badly and that's a good thing. Yesterday I was playing the conquer hell operation and somehow we almost failed to take the first sector. Then we got a behemoth and managed to push up a lot, finally crashing it near the ballroom building. That creates a lot of extra chaos, making it possible for my team to push up and take the sectors. We won the entire operation after that.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Rookersh posted:

I also do appreciate that Dice seems to have put the best looking weapon skins behind 100%ing each Campaign chapter. Especially since they put the best one behind the ( largely, gently caress that one codex achievement ) easiest to 100% campaign.

Which skins are that? And did you use a guide to get 100%? And if so, which one? Most of the videos I've found seem to be hit and miss.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Rookersh posted:

http://puu.sh/rRIoU/eb10f8cd1f.jpg

For 100%ing Chapter 2. You can see the various card symbols on the chamber? ( I'm not gun man, don't kill me. ) and they move positions as you fire it. It's a loving incredible skin.

:words:
Thanks for the info, but I'll probably never get this since shooting down 10 airplanes in 30 seconds is just impossible :(

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

disjoe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf-diNV89rM

Took me about 5 tries with this method. Still not worth it.
I think I've tried about 50 times so far. I watched this video, and while I see the planes he's talking about, it's hard to shoot them all. I get no hitmarkers, I don't know if the plane that's smoking super hard and spiraling is actually destroyed or not, and on top of that the gun overheats super fast. Oh, and there's almost no way to identify allied planes, so I end up shooting a plane that won't go down for a couple of seconds while I should be shooting another plane. gently caress this codex.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I completed the campaign but somehow didn't get the M1909 skin :confused:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Delacroix posted:

They could push support in the right direction with several small buffs. If limpets had more range and mortars had the 10 second accuracy penalty removed, that would help. Triple nerfing mortars was an overreaction. Dynamite or AT mines wouldn't hurt, it would be plain silly if they were given trench shields or barbed wire (encouraging static play is bad). If teammates could grab ammo from your backpack even if you had no resupply gadgets, that would be interesting.

Ultimately it'll likely be up to DLC weapons to pick up the slack however. I doubt they'll ever think about drastically adjusting LMGs outside of a camper mentality.

Then there would be no reason to ever pick the ammo pouches.
If players could take ammo from your backpack if you have either the crate or the pouches selected, that would be cool though. I'm getting tired of spamming the "Need Ammo!" speech and hitting my squadmates in the head with a shovel just to get their attention.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Apparently there's gonna be a new gamemode soon, Line of Sight.

quote:

A variant of base Battlefield 1 mode Rush, Line of Sight is populated by Medics and Scouts only. All Scouts deal double bullet damage, so Medics will have to be on their toes.

Sounds like sniper heaven.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

shut up blegum posted:

Apparently there's gonna be a new gamemode soon, Line of Sight.

Sounds like sniper heaven.

lmao, just tried this. It's the worst. Everyone is a sniper and the respawn timer is 20 seconds+. Probably to encourage medics to revive their teammates. But every hit from a sniper is a OHK, so that's not happening.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
So, I have 3/5 puzzle pieces for the sword thingie. What are the odds they change out the sword for something new before I find the other puzzle pieces?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Gas grenades also count, so just spam them everywhere.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Pastry Mistakes posted:

It's... it's a ONE SEATER!?!?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK ME

Lmao this is amazing

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

DoctorStrangelove posted:

how2 fix operations:
:words:

Yes I agree. Let's remove all the aspects that make operations unique and immersive and make it just another generic conquest clone.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Can I already preload the beta? I didn't pre-order so I can only start playing tomorrow, but I'd be nice if I could already download is. Looked around in the PS store but didn't see it.

EDIT: I'm blind. It's in the PS store and I can download it. 14,8 GB

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Sep 5, 2018

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

The Duggler posted:

Once people start to realize that hitting T and putting up sandbags basically rebuilds the area I think it will be less zerg-y. I've seen tons of people just sit in the open when they could build a huge wall right next to them in under 5 seconds.

How do you build stuff? I'm on ps4 btw.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Ok I made the BFV thread, you can find it here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3868101

New rule for the new thread: cut it with the dumbass culture-war/politics chat. No one cares what some shitstain on reddit or in youtube comments thinks about anything. In fact most people read SA for that reason precisely so don't bring discussion of that crap into the new thread. Yes, this even applies if you are going to talk about how dumb these people are and how great you are for not thinking like these other, worse people who are not you but are instead so much dumber and worse than you. That poo poo sucks also.

Wait, I thought there already was a BF V thread here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788498&pagenumber=160&perpage=40

What's the difference? One pc and other console?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
When and where can you pick up the free premium pasd?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Alright, I just grabbed it. It gave me a notification in game. Seems like I also have 24 unopened battle packs and the animation to open the is sooooo slow

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Even when you hit the skip button?

Uh...:hmmyes: that's a good idea.

Also, there are a ton of new weapons, what are some goon recommendations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Thanks for that summary. Seems like a ton of weapons are still locked behind challenges, so I'll have to use different guns to unlock them. So when they're unlocked I should have some reference points to decide if I like the gun or not :)