Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Knifegrab posted:

Played a whole round defending a contentious objective, got tons of kills, kept the flag our color, destroyed tanks, light vehicles, even downed a bomber. But I'm on the bottom of the scoreboard because I didn't play ring around the points :downs:

There is virtually no reason in this game to defend points.

Edit: To clarify, I still had fun so ymmv, just depends if you can enjoy playing the game however you want, even if while effective you aren't rewarded.

They don't even give you bonus defense points for kills? That's dumb. Defending against superior numbers is a lot more fun than attacking, in my experience, so that's disappointing that the game doesn't really reward it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Knifegrab posted:

None whatsoever.

I guess I shouldn't have expected anything different from :dice:.

Maybe the final release will give some incentive to defend points.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

beedeebee posted:

Yeah they do. Don't know what that guy is talking about.

That's good to know. Hopefully they're just adjusting the values.

I really wish that they gave held capture points scaling, gradual point incomes for the whole team. As in, when a team owns a capture point they get something like 1 point every 5 seconds its held for the first minute then own it, 2 points every 5 seconds held for the second minute, etc. Less focus on continuously capturing points and more incentive to capture and hold as many points as possible, but actually defend them instead of hopping around the map. This would also promote objective play while not necessarily requiring players to actually be on the objective, allowing for fights to occur outside of capture points more often.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I'm getting really atrocious performance on an overclocked 4670k and 1080, down to the low 20s-30s at points on ultra/1920x1080. Not sure what's up with that at all. I have the latest drivers and everything. It might not like shadowplay or something.

The game also seems largely okay. The fact that you have to unlock the rocket launcher is making tanks ridiculously overpowered at the moment, and it seems like they don't ever respawn during the round, so the last tank standing has free reign to do whatever it wants.

Footsteps also need to be way louder. I've never heard any enemies walking up behind me.

Also, here's the first time I shot a tank canon:

https://gfycat.com/BogusJadedHumpbackwhale

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

ShineDog posted:

Did you accidentally put your resolution scale to 100%? Dont.

Nope, it's at 42%. I'm really not sure what the issue is.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Setting the game to borderless windowed has just about doubled my FPS. If anyone is having performance problems I'd really recommend it. I'm still not getting what I think I should on a 1080, but the game is at least playable now.

Now that I'm not having massive FPS drops I'm also having a pretty good time with the infantry combat in this game. I feel like I have way fewer random deaths than I did in BF3 or 4, which is really nice. I might actually buy this game.

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Sep 1, 2016

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

It is very satisfying to mow down hill snipers with the German tank's pinpoint accurate machineguns. They don't even bother to move for whatever reason so I had plenty of time for the accuracy to build up.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Popelmon posted:

For some reason the mouse sensitivity is crazy high in the heavy tank. It's fine in all the other vehicles. Anybody else notice this?

Yeah I seem to have different sensitivity between vehicles and infantry, it's annoying.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

How do you actually rank up classes? I've tried disconnecting from the server and rejoining but I still don't think that I'm getting any experience. I'd really like that AV launcher.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

I think it just takes a hell of a long time. Been playing pretty much exclusively assault, at level 14 or so regular rank and a bit more than halfway to rank 1 of Assault. You can only see it through the web loadout page.

Just checked, I'm almost to rank 1 as assault. I wish they had that information in game.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

DICE should really have your death screen pop up a local map that shows where nearby friendly players are while giving medics their own icon. I'd be way more willing to wait for a revive if I saw a friendly medic right by me.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I like shooting down airplanes with tanks, it reminds me of Bad Company 2: Vietnam.

I also can't figure out how the hell charging actually works. I tried to charge a guy and ended up just shoveling the air like an idiot until he turned around and killed me, while I've had people about a foot away from me one shot me with melee.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

K8.0 posted:

You sprint and hit melee while having a weapon with a bayonet equipped. That is 100% of it.

Oh, I didn't realize that you needed to be sprinting.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Nothing wrong here, light tanks are balanced.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Even knowing that you're supposed to sprint to activate charge I still have plenty of moments where instead of charging I just flail around like an idiot. Not sure what's up with that.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Man, what am I doing wrong with these guns? They all handle like dogshit and seem to take forever to kill people. Like I'm sitting there bursting people from 100 meters with the LMG and I'm getting like 7 or 8 hit indicators and they aren't dying. I do pretty well with the Assault weapon in close range, and the sniper rifles are nice at a distance, but what is the trick for actually killing people at midrange? 99% of the time I'm just pinging people for measly damage and then I get gibbed by a tank I didn't see.

Don't burstfire the LMGs, they get more accurate the longer you fire them.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

They really need to give a class other than assault anti-vehicle weapons, or give assault some options besides SMGs. The AV rocket really requires you to be far away from an enemy tank because you need to go prone to use it, but the SMG doesn't really work for medium-long range combat at all and it's awful.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

sarmhan posted:

They don't want to give assaults access to mid-long range weapons.

That's really awkward that they gave the anti tank rifle to the Assault and not the Support, then.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

They really need to just make basic melee and charging different keybinds. I don't know how many times I've died because my guy decides to swing his little shovel instead of charging.

glassbottle posted:

Whats the deal with class levels? Are the broken? I cannot get any of the cool guns :(

They aren't broken, they just take a stupid amount of experience.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

jisforjosh posted:

I know there were a few times last night when the dust storm would just stop for me in certain areas of the map only to sporadically reappear.

I've had that happen as well. Died on point B during a storm, respawned on C in clear weather.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

dangerdoom volvo posted:

i dont like this game. it consists purely of me being killed by people i cant see

Yeah this is one of my biggest pet peeves. Sometimes I'll go on death streaks where no matter where I spawn I'm immediately getting hosed. Like hey, C point is surrounded by friendlies, and I spawn in and immediately get run over by a riderless horse and die.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

afkmacro posted:

Yeah but this is like a trademark of the battlefield series.

I feel like it's worse now that shooting doesn't give away your position. I've seen so, so many people oblivious to the fact that someone is shooting right by them when there are no friendlies nearby.

This isn't so bad, but you can't hear the point where you choose to spawn.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Eonwe posted:

the scout can use K bullets which do some damage to vehicles, and I think every class can get an anti-tank grenade, but the bulk of the damage does come form assault

K bullets are surprisingly effective if only because taking damage cancels repairs.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

K8.0 posted:

The Cei-Rigotti and M1907 have thoroughly ridiculous amounts of spray. The other two are much better. Also they can 3 shot at any range.

The m1907 automatic is really good and has stupidly accurate hipfire.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

They should make support guns become more accurate relative to their magazine size.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

FastestGunAlive posted:

Before the stalemate began, the Germans came within 43 miles of Paris in about a month. Were most of them marching on foot? That's some serious movement. So even on the western front there is room for more than just trench maps

From what I remember reading in A World Undone yeah, the French, British and German armies were all moving primarily on foot during that offensive, and the pace was so fast that both sides were only really capable of sporadic battles due to exhaustion. Like, the Germans were marching upwards of 20 miles a day with 80 pounds of gear on them.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Delacroix posted:

I wish I could immediately snap to targets with no deviation on tracking and attribute it to skill.

Snapping to targets isn't really an indicator of hacking, if you're familiar enough with your mouse sensitivity it's easy to do. When I played PS2 my clan was constantly being accused of hacking, with POV videos with target snapping used as evidence. Then we went to a LAN and had the exact same results. We still got some hackusations, but most people shut up about it.

But just a few seconds into that video the player does an instant 160 directly to a target the second it ran out of cover, and yeah, that looks like an aimbot. Snapping to targets close together is one thing, snapping to a guy you can't even see is another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

Please talk more about the maps if you can. The only thing stopping this game from being good is if the beta map is as good or better than all the others. If it's the worst map in the game we should be fine

One of the YouTube personalities promoting the game said that the beta map was the worst one he had played, for what it's worth.