Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Battlefield 1 is every single bad aspect of modern DICE games with a flimsy pseudo-WWI steampunk aesthetic slapped on it. Pass.

Your parents had a helmet and a leash for you as a kid didn't they. And why yes that was a statement not a question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

omg chael crash posted:

I want you guys to know that I'll be playing this on PS4

My second copy is always ps4 and it runs great so that is nice. I mean I am garbo on the sticks but playing with some of my old associates who only play on there is fun. I mean at least your not playing COD on a PC lol.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Palpek posted:

I liked the trailer of this game because it looked like those old WW2 CoD games but with next-gen graphics. However, I don't believe :dice: can make a good single player campaign.

Who plays the single player? poo poo it's standard policy for goons to post a save file the day after the games come out so we can all avoid single player. I am pretty sure most of us have never done more than run the last mission 3 times. I know some people who buy cod games for single player but I have never heard of anyone buying a battlefield game for the story.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
CTS mumble goons please send me a origin message before 2pm PST if possible. Just use a single character for the message.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Eonwe posted:

i would if i could

rip

?

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Eonwe posted:

message you on origin

Pm me your origin name here will work.

^^^^^^ on my way there. God I need sleep.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Deakul posted:

Friends, please add me to your list of friends on Origin so that I may possibly play alongside you in the video game prequel to Battlefield 4... Battlefield 1.

My Origin user name is Deakull.

Thank you in advance. :coolfish:

I think I am at the cap but I'll clean a bit and add you tonight.

Also does anyone know if wayth is still around/alive?

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Just got my key. You guys in a discord or something?

Edit: gently caress it, I made a channel
https://discord.gg/xuKnn

CTS mumble that is where we hang out. In the battlefield channel that we have used since forever and has been in every op for a battlefield game since 3.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

afkmacro posted:

I just played one conquest round. Game is good. Tank whoring is not as op as people say unless you're avoiding capping flags. You don't get c4 jihadis coming out of the woodwork like the other games but you're definitely not invincible.

Runs ultra @ 1440p at 50% res scale (that's a 100% apparently) pretty smoothly on a 1070.

edit: looks like 42% is actually native res.

Yeah tanks are pretty much fine as they are. Maybe up the damage on anti tank stuff by 10% at most. Some of the attack focused tanks will chew up a unprepared squad. But there seems to be a good balance of the tougher tanks doing less damage and the higher damage tanks take less to kill. Depending on how much we can unlock I think it will even out nicely. Some of the light tanks are really good, fast and enough damage to hit and run really well but they die in like 2 tank shots or about 2-3 dynamite.

Oh quick note if you experience flickering or flashing on the screen try disabling the origin overlay first as that will usually fix the issue.

Oh yeah the gif of the guy trying to stick dynamite on the horse. Yeah it dose not work because dynamite dose not stick to anything, he uh probably should have tested that part before making that gif.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Knifegrab posted:

So I tried to figure out more stuff with defense points. I still have never seen a defense bonus for kills. So no clue about that. But if you are a squad leader and set a point you own to defend, a timer will appear. Its 60 seconds and at the end of it you get 300 points. The odd thing is that it doesn't start ticking down again unless you set a new command and then set the command order back to the point your on and then you can get another +300 defense bonus.

All in all defending is a fools errand.

I get defensive bonuses all the time, bonus zone us 2x the cap radius. A single def kill can be worth more than 400 points easy so uh yeah your still wrong. But keep on not defending since it's more easy wins for me and my teams. The bonus extends even farther with squad orders.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Knifegrab posted:

Lol this guy wins games instead of trying to kd whore and complaining about his score.

Fixed that for you.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

ijyt posted:

Also how does the train work, do you have to cap a specific thing or is it a "you're losing too hard, here have this!". The tips video didn't explain it.

e: also I hope there's a rolling map like that one unreal tournament map where it's one team on the train and then the other trying to take it out before it reaches a certain point.

It's a your loosing badly bonus for getting spanked hard. If you load it with a coordinated squad it can win you the match assuming you have more than 50 tickets to go it can make for good comebacks but between the timer and the enemy team holding any points can make comebacks not work. There is still some tweaking to do to the game modes timer and how flags give points. But dice has said they are aware and will be changing the numbers a bit.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

GiantHurtBall posted:

There's no way they'll leave the FT-17 unchanged...its a murder machine.

Why not? Most if the anti vehicle stuff is still locked for 90% or more of the players. Once people get anti vehicle gadgets and more players learn that they can shoot planes with small arms then they can tell if something is actually op. Plus this is a actual beta not a demo, lots of poo poo will change.

:siren::siren: edit load, spend war bucks ext here offline https://www.battlefield.com/en-gb/career :siren::siren:

xyigx fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Aug 31, 2016

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
And now I own every gadget and gun in the game already. Rip me.

I repeat go here buy stuff have fun.

:siren::siren: edit load, spend war bucks ext here offline https://www.battlefield.com/en-gb/career :siren::siren:

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Elos posted:

Anyone know a magic trick to make the vehicle keybinds work? I've changed movement to ESDF, use/enter/exit to T etc. and now every time I hop into a car and try to accelerate I jump out and look like an idiot. It doesn't help that my use key is what puts the gas mask on originally because every time I jump into a vehicle I instantly have the mask on my face.

So the game somehow uses the default binds for vehicles it's kinda ruining the game for me. How in the hell do you fui ck up key binding in tyol 2016?

Uh yeah you have to change all the key binding sets. Just go through the tabs and set you binds. There is literally a tab that says "vehicle". They don't have one set of key binds for everything and haven't since bfbc1. I'm sorry I just don't know how you spent that much time in the keybindings menu and didn't see there is like 5 differnt sets of key binds separated by category.

Edit really I am not trying to be a dick or anything, just a bit confused.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Elos posted:

I did change all of those, they just don't work. I also tried resetting and rebinding everything.

edit: there's been separate keys for vehicles etc. since Bf1942

Try this https://www.vg247.com/2016/08/30/this-trick-lets-you-use-your-existing-battlefield-4-key-bindings-and-graphics-settings-with-battlefield-1/

If that does not work disable origin cloud save on the game then delete the file. Open battlefield and it will make a new one. Then close battlefield reenable cloud save and when it asks say use local. One of these two should get you sorted.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

ethanol posted:

Rush feels exactly the same to me as it did in every other rush game. What is it that makes people says it's better here?

The parts of the map user for rush are made for rush. If they fit well into the conquest map they add that to a section of the map. If the area would be bad in conquest they make it a separate area of the map not accessible in conquest. So rush bits are made for rush and conquest parts are conquest. This makes the maps better generally in their respective game modes. It also makes them much easier to balance.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

small hendren posted:

Anyone else having trouble spotting enemies? I got killed about 20 times in my first game and I don' think I saw my killer a single time.

e: even when they were right next to me. just totally missed them

Yes and I bug reported it with footage. I am not sure if it's a display model location error like the horse bug or if something wonky is going on. I even had the model pop into view inside of a empty red outline.

Even with that the games were much better tonight with more gadgets available. I think me and Satan must have killed each other 5 or 6 times with incidiary traps. Tanks were getting owned, aircraft were not to bad. Shotgun hut ref was wonky as gently caress not sure if it was because of the ddos or the fact that half the players I saw were lagging to poo poo. Also snipers if your using k bullets a d want to gently caress over the bombers aim at a wing and keep shooting because you can disable the wing control and prevent in flight repairs at the same time.

Oh yeah if you do the explosives stacking to crash a server it is a banable offence so don't do it and report assholes who do.

xyigx fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Sep 1, 2016

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

ShineDog posted:

On the ground, sure. But in every other bf game the vehicles were just fighter, strike fighter, apc, mbt, and jeep thingy with a nation appropriate skin on them. It didn't make a mechanical difference, kept things balanced and visually distinct.

There were massive differences between factions all the way up to bf3. Bf4 had major differences in speed and hit boxes as well as turn rate. The guns may have been the same but the vehicles were not.

I mean I can see you guys point, but I think most of the variation will probably be paint or something tame like that. I think they feel you have a more immediate need to know what the tank or planes load out is than anything else. And from getting spanked by a tank hunter tonight I would 100% rather be able to id the load out.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Bob Wins posted:

I love how one of the complaints i saw the most on reddit was that Semi autos and SMGs weren't very common and how everyone should have bolt action rifles, now that literally every team is half snipers i can see why they took some liberties.

Yeah that is really annoying, like I have played maybe 2-3 rounds if scout or whatever it's called. But drat it really does seem like at least 50% of every team is sniper's just laying in some rocks. It's slightly less annoying now that I can say hello back with the assault antitank gun. But still you can almost feel it coming when you hear the 5 sniper bullet sounds that one of them will get his wish today and manage that "perfect"* shot.

*note that perfect shot does not require a head shot or have any requirements other than the accidental death if the target

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

verbal enema posted:

there is a flamethrower tank why have i seen no one use it

Because the flamethrowers are they back two guns and nobody sits back there like ever. And the driver has to have it equpt. If you can get a squad going driving that thing though :stare:, it's pure destruction.

Also the server's are being ddos'ed so server stability is not so good right now. If anyone was having really weird things happening that may be why.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Dear fellow players,

When I revive you for the fifth time in a row i think you should have the point by now to take your God drat finger off the quick respawn button.

Thank you from your local medic.

Also crates both ammo and health have buggy physics and often fall through the map so sticking with the packs might be a good idea for the moment.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Randler posted:

Stolen from Reddit, because I wanted to know what the beta tried to tell me. Apparenly >60 fps can still generate a low fps warning. :allears:

It just means your fps is fluctuating by enough a high enough value that it may effect your in game experience. You can be running 180fps and have issues if your fps drops to much to fast even if your above 150fps still.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

ijyt posted:

So, apparently my friend has figured out that the weather effects are client side and can be disabled. :dice:

That is a known bug in the beta. Like waves in bf4 it's all synched from the server. And like bf4 people can turn it off in a file. And again just like in bf4 if you do turn it off and it's not just the bug it is a permanent ban on the origin account.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Randler posted:

Did they really enforce/control for that in BF4?

Yup they consider it a major exploit if done intentionally. Plus the settings for it are buried in a file your not supposed to edit so it's super easy for them to catch as well. In both cases it confers a major advantage on the person to the extent that it is treated like wall hacks or insta kill scripts. I think with the waves it was less obvious how big of a advantage it gave but with the dynamic weather it's really obvious.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Origin friend cap is 2000 now so I actually have room and don't have to delete people all the time. Also don't forget if you want the Beta dig tags you will need to have played on 4 or more days and be level 15 or higher, just in case anyone is close and wants them.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Monocled Falcon posted:

I'm not understanding Medic guns. The low recoil and damage combined with the high rate of fire suggests they're spamy but I'm not hitting anything that way. I guess maybe the spread added per shot is much higher than the other stats should suggest.

Seems bizarre, given that smgs and sniper rifles perform pretty much the same.

BF name.

Same as here xyigx

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

evil_bunnY posted:

I've dealt damage to planes from the rear seat but it's always been peanuts. I've *never* been shot down by a rear gunner.

If your in shooting the front of the airplane you want to shoot center front for engine damage. If you can't see the front of the plane shoot the wings for a wing disable. If you do either when someone is approaching the ground in a dive or heading towards a mountain they will almost always crash and give you the kill.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

afkmacro posted:

Battlelog is now called the Battlefield Companion and it's the same thing with less detail and no server browser.
https://www.battlefield.com/career

Pretty much I think maybe 3 will still use it. I know bf4 and maybe Hardline(lol) will be launchable from inside bf1.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

:salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt:

:widowsnypa: boom headshot

xyigx fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Sep 8, 2016

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Inkel posted:

You monsters.

Say what you will about his dumb trolling. At least he follows through.. :shrug:

This is true. My ratings on him so far.
Consistency B+
Stealth C-
Believability C+
Commitment A+
Style D-

Overall not bad, like maybe a second stringer but not quite starting material.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

Whoever made the :frogout: emblem for bf3/4, please make it again for bf1. Thanks.

I still have both that one and the smuggo.

Anybody seen optiQ? Now that man knows how to make a emblem that makes all of chat rage. Hell even his teammates cried about his emblems.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

#SorryNotSorry to any BattleBros who are, ah, 'salty' that some people are willing to step up and say that they're sick of the nonstop rape jokes.

How is it that by now you have not comprehended that most of us had literally forgotten about that emblem and that the only person talking about cosby is you? Literally no one has or is making rape jokes. I mean I get it your a poo poo poster who thinks he is getting some petty revenge on the ebil bf goons because we all think your a idiot. But your schtick is tired, lovely and boring at this point. So I am going to make this crystal clear for you now since your apparently to dense to understand without a eili5.

No one in the thread hates you, because your not worth actually having a feeling over. You make up issues about the game that are not real and seem to expect people to just let it slide while you vomit up complaints that are not based in reality. People don't let that kind of poo poo slide in games like these because knowing how guns and gadgets work is actually important. And now your going 100% tumbler warrior since you didn't get your way and people treated you like the idiot you are. All your managing now is to show your a insecure person who is trying to get some pathetic form of revenge for being treated how you act. If you want to keep throwing tantrums feel free but if you expect anyone to take you seriously I would suggest you take a good hard look at the problem. Here's a free hint the problem is not everyone else.

Edit I was wrong someone apparently did care enough to buy you a new av.

xyigx fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Sep 8, 2016

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

If it really means that little, why not change it?

I probably will at some point. Most of us use our personal emblems so we never even see it. Hell if someone makes a kick rear end emblem that people really like and is not just ripped from some lovely emblem site I will change it to that. Hell I made a clan just for the 10BX logo someone made since it looked so good.

See now your chill question has been answered in a chill way. Let's keep the chill going. You take off your red tumbler warrior cape and I will attempt my best to not be a dick(medication allowing).

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

SeanBeansShako posted:

Yes, I'd like to hear more about this as well.

Will you be considering doing some Blackadder stuff when you got time?

Oh I am poo poo at emblems myself but we have some real artists when it comes to them. Hopefully one of them is still playing because I would love to see Blackadder stuff and they have talked about the possibility if importing your bf3/4 emblems to bf1. I wish I was good at making them but mine look like someone unleashed a monkey on the editor.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

You probably made a lot of people in this thread very upset :P

Yes literally zero is a large number. Like take it all back your a loving idiot who is just poorly trolling.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

This site's Battlefield community was always kind of 'off', but... I had no idea how deep their appreciation of sexual assault goes. Geez.

Stop being a little bitch about this. I tried to be nice and even was willing to change the emblem. But nope your dumb rear end has to try and drag this piss poor lie you keep repeating everywhere. I assume you were hoping your imo zone cod buddies would back have your back and suddenly protect you from the mean old bf goons. Drop the loving lie and stop whining like a bitch, like now. Running around this site accusing a bunch of people of supporting rape with zero proof is not ok under any circumstances. So stop it because your mod buddy is not going to be able to protect you.

And for anyone wondering poo poo for brains there decided to hit the imp zone and basically said you are rape supporters. After multiple people in this thread tried to calm it down and defuse the situation.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

I love that emblem, glad I still have a copy if it.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Chronojam posted:

Does that origin five dollar thing get you dlc access for games also? Because the idea of paying for BF1 with all DLC while also getting all the other EA games with it as a bonus for two and a half years sounds intriguing.

It's mostly demos, early access and older games without the dlc. Probably not a bad deal on Xbox but maybe not worth as much on PC. I want to see what games they add to it later this year. We know it will not be getting titanfall 2 for at least a year after release but hopefully other games will be added.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

K8.0 posted:

Yes. There's even a scout gadget that lets you sit completely out of line of sight and look at people, so you can be even more useless.

That gadget outlines anyone you spot with it in red. This makes it a huge help in spotting for your aircraft and tanks.

The American ballon killer https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Luke I hope we get a skin and load out for him. It would be quite fitting in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

Periscope binoculars were the best poo poo and nobody can convince me otherwise.

Yeah the red outline spoting made helping your air and armor have a easy time killing everything. I only wish more people had used it. I think it was you or Jeremyy who spotted a tank with them that I was about to drive in front of. Instead I got to drive around behind him and wreck his poo poo.