Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Horses seem kind terrible, but still awesome. You're just so vulnerable to getting shot right off the thing, and it's not exactly resistant to bullets either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

I find it weird that you fire the rifle one handed. They really couldn't have gone the much, much cooler route and let you actually take aim?

There's also one single guy streaming rush gameplay on twitch if you guys want to see some more gameplay I guess.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Sick preload DICE. Now I get to play the beta a whole hour earlier than anyone else...

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

I get home at 5pm EST. Be there or be square nerds.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Man you guys who haven't actually gotten to play yet are in for a fuckin' hell of a treat when you finally get to experience the magic of the transforming heavy tanks/landships.

It's a bug where any time someone enters your heavy tank/land ship it changes the loadout of the tank so you could theoretically transform to suit your needs on the battlefield.

Yes it's awesome.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

At first I thought gas grenades were kind of "meh" but I'm having a lot of success using the around C. Just equip your trusty shotgun and throw one gas grenade on each floor of the building you're about to storm and you can usually clean it out easy peasy.

Plus killing people while wearing a gas mask feels good for some reason.

Also someone said all gas hurts you, even allied gas, but this is demonstrably untrue. Friendly gas will still make you cough though.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Aaaand now I've got a bug where I can't buy any melee weapons because I don't have the required kit rank even though I very clearly do.

Does anyone know what the "extras" icons are for the melee weapons? There's a little tank, a little barbed wire, and a little buzz saw looking thing.

Fresh Shesh Besh fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Sep 2, 2016

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

rap music posted:

Can you buy it through your battlefield.com account interface?

Unfortunately not. I'm rank 4 in my assault kit. The top rank needed for any of the melee weapons is 2. I can buy the spiked club, but not the knife, mace, hatchet, or pickaxe. Luckily the spiked club is loving insanely badass.

Lots of pubbies claiming that tanks are OP and I really don't find this to be the case. The assault AT rocket rifle does a ton of damage and 2 guys can easily kill a landship or heavy tank. Not to mention the mines and all classes get light AT grenades. I hope DICE doesn't go overboard and nerf armor into uselessness. Canister shot might be a little OP in terms of range though.

Fresh Shesh Besh fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Sep 2, 2016

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Eonwe posted:

some of us took a bunch of horses to E and fought over it for basically the whole match

it was fuckin awesome

Can vouch that this was the highlight of the night. Everyone who wasn't playing sorely missed out.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

I really wanted to scream HEAL YOURSELF at my screen, but anyway solid saber action 10/10.

Also while riding your horse the cavalry rifle is laser accurate. As long as you can adjust for travel time you can consistently land shots from across the desert. Like, from the British side of D all the way to A, easily. At first I thought the cavalry class was horrible trash that you only picked to gently caress around, but I'm stupid and wrong.

Fresh Shesh Besh fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Sep 3, 2016

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

The special classes have different HP/protections.

VVVVV "Inexcusable" is excessive and it's not really that big of a deal IMO.

Fresh Shesh Besh fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Sep 3, 2016

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Delacroix posted:

If the Russian 1895 can do 97 damage to normal infantry ~40 metres away but a point blank shot to an officer is 68, they must have 1.5 times health or more.

They basically take chip damage from automatic weapon however, it feels like they have torso+limb damage reduction modifier instead since they still die to a bolt action headshot.

I'm nearly 100% positive their health is bugged when on a horse. Pay attention to how quickly you get shot off your horse by even one enemy soldier. Compare that to when you're on foot and nobody stands a chance of gunning you down before you saber them to death. I guess it could be intentional.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

BTW trip mines own no matter what you do but the wire that extends from the explosive always springs out in the direction that you're looking, rather than to the closest wall which is what people seem to think.

It's a little easier to hide your explosives with that in mind. No longer will you have to put your trip mines right in the middle of the doorway/stairway (though this never really stopped people from running into them)!

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

The barrage bomber becomes really easy to get kills with when you realize the 3 ability with the picture of an eye automatically spots everything in the bomber sight for the whole duration.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Beta was fun as gently caress. I didn't get to play as much as I wanted on the last day unfortunately.

Anyway this thread might be better left alone until the game comes out.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Periscope binoculars were the best poo poo and nobody can convince me otherwise.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

EDIT: I'm a literal retard.

Fresh Shesh Besh fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Sep 16, 2016

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/_jjju_/status/777270345132707840

It turns out that the Medic and Support statistics were swapped by accident.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

https://www.battlefield.com/news/ar...02&sf48747666=1

Asinine changes.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

-Capturing the objectives AND getting kills will both contribute towards the final score of a Conquest match

-The Light Tank, which is a bit too effective in the Open Beta, will definitely receive some work, and we agree that Horses can take a few too many rounds at the moment.

-We've also learned through the Beta that you guys need more tools to deal with vehicles earlier, which we'll definitely look into (including a Gadget for the Support class which should help neutralize powerful vehicles).

Changes seem alright. I'd rather hear what's going on with the rented servers and how much you can do on them.

When I said changes I meant specifically making kills count while ignoring everything else because I'm a child. Maybe it won't be that bad but I'm not looking forward to that.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Hey, nerds, just a heads up: The game is 22% off on Green Man Gaming right now if you have an account. Up from 12% just recently. I suggest you grab it now because I wouldn't feel comfortable holding out for 25%.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Alehkhs posted:

It appears to be the "Standard" edition, so you should get the Hellfighter stuff... and not much else:

Yeah I mean I just can't justify paying 130 dollars when I can pay 100 and have 95% of the content. Depends how in love you are with the Lawrence and Red Baron content.

Fresh Shesh Besh fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Sep 23, 2016

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

That was basically a movie trailer and I gotta admit I'm kinda hyped.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/Battlefield/status/781478720481681408

So I guess they're going to do a campaign stream on Saturday. I won't be watching because I want to go into the single player blind. Please no spoilerino in the threaderino.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Rolling Scissors posted:

So I guess there is a stream going on, Rush on Sinai right now.

https://www.twitch.tv/xbox

Guys I'm really not one of those PCMR type people, but good god this footage really solidifies how utterly inferior consoles are for FPS games. It's so ponderous. To be fair I think these are PC players playing with controllers?

EDIT: Are these the same two lovely commentators from gamescon?

Fresh Shesh Besh fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Oct 1, 2016

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

The Italians wore green though, not blue?

EDIT: Dunno why I'm talking like I know anything about WWI.

Fresh Shesh Besh fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Oct 1, 2016

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Singleplayer stream starts now. Only 30 minutes.

https://www.twitch.tv/xbox

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

The amount of envy I'm feeling right now is through the roof. See you goons in 9 days.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

I'm just sitting in mumble listening to people play because I'm pathetic.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Trip mines were great and I'd argue broken on support because you could place 2 and immediately replace them once they get triggered. Anyone who disagrees just doesn't understand how to place them so the wire does what you want.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Really annoyed with Dice that they decided to pussy out and change conquest tickets to include kills again. It's asinine.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Alehkhs posted:

It's the "Standard" Edition, so you'll only get the Hellfighter pack and Early Access.

Just for clarity, the Standard Edition available on GMG gives you early access to Giant's Shadow. It does not give you early access to the game on October 18th.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

rap music posted:

I think I'm thrown because the crosshairs don't very accurately indicate where my rounds are going to land.

Why are you hip firing? Or do you mean the iron sights? Those are pretty accurate.

Fresh Shesh Besh fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Oct 15, 2016

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Nah, medic guns were good and are good at close to mid range, the ranges you're supposed to use them. I realize this is subjective but I don't it's a valid complaint that you want to be able to empty your ammo as fast as possible at the edge of its effective range. To say you have to memorize anything is definitely an exaggeration though.

EDIT: I'm watching Operation mode or whatever on stream and I dunno why people were smack talking it. It looks infinitely more fun than Rush. I'm having a blast just watching it. Like easily just as playable as Conquest.

Fresh Shesh Besh fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Oct 15, 2016

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Yeah I'm watching LIRIK play right now and he had a full server which looked like an absolute blast, but as soon as he tried to do a different campaign thing it just put him into an empty server. I hope people play it on release.

EDIT: I can see how it might seem a little too linear for some people but just from watching gameplay it does a really good job of focusing the action and making you feel the entire team is working together. It feels more like the final act of a war movie than conquest does. Very excited to play it regardless.

Fresh Shesh Besh fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Oct 15, 2016

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Yeah you have 2 or 3 objectives that you cap like conquest, then it moves to the next area of the map like rush. Then, if the attacking team pushes through the whole map they move to the next map in that specific Operations campaign. They keep going until they push to the end of the last map or lose, then they switch sides and start again at the first map I think. Attackers get 3 tries per campaign before they really lose.

Also all of this is driven by little narrative cutscenes before each match starts. Also it's for 64 players I think.

Fresh Shesh Besh fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Oct 16, 2016

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

belt posted:

Is there a trick to getting an operations mode match? I've only managed to get in one that wasn't just me and unfortunately the game ended about 20 seconds later. There also doesn't seem to be anyway to tell which playlists may actually have players in them.

Only Kaiserschlacht works in the trial.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Ra-amun posted:

I'm having trouble actually finding full servers to play in. I got in queue for a game of Sinai and played that through but I quit it since I played it all beta. I got back to the server browser and there were zero servers with people in them. I added all the regions to the filter and managed to only find a Japanese server playing Fao Fortress.

Am I being stupid or are there really not a ton of people playing (assuming paying for Origin Access is the reason why)? I'm playing sorta late night which probably doesn't help.

I'm willing to bet a large number of trial players used up their 10 hours already.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Booyah- posted:

Does anyone have advice for leveling the medic class? It's all about how much I use his class specific abilities right?

Just play the class and do literally anything that gets you points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qad9erdcCLw&t=737s

Hey Eonwe here's some footage of you getting merc'd.