Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

Gesadt
Jan 3, 2014
whats the download size?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gesadt
Jan 3, 2014

Palpek posted:

Is there any way to still get into beta or is that train gone?

31st open beta launches availbe for everyone. today is just if you registered for insider thingy earlier

Gesadt
Jan 3, 2014

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Quick note, doing some testing, but I think the Resolution Scale option may be broken/mislabeled.

I set it to 100%, thinking that should render at my native res. But the tooltip for the slider says you can go over 100% to get downscaling via supersampling. My slider only goes to 100% though. Thinking nothing of it, when I go in the game, I have all AA disable, I'm seeing zero jaggies. And my performance is a little less than expected. Then when I go in the settings file where are your preferences are saves, I notice the "GstRender.ResolutionScale" option is set to 2.0.

So I'm thinking, at least on my system, setting to 100% resolution scale is actually rendering at 200% really. Going to go run some tests....

yea 50% scale is your native resolution

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-hands-on-with-battlefield-1-on-pc

Gesadt
Jan 3, 2014

Shima Honnou posted:

Is there a way to get borderless fullscreen? I'd be using borderless but it leaves my taskbar on top taking up real estate and making seeing in darker areas kinda suck.

? borderless fullscreen is already one of the options..

Gesadt
Jan 3, 2014
any tips on good kb+m bindings for planes, what works well for you guys?

Gesadt
Jan 3, 2014

KM Scorchio posted:

So I've decided I need to get better at flying planes but I'm really struggling to get used to the controls. Any tips in terms of decent key binding setups for roll/pitch/yaw to stop me flying into mountains so much?

w/s - ptich up/down
a/d - roll
ctr/space - throttle
mouse - x axis yaw and y axis ptich up/down with lower sensitivity.
remove roll from mouse bindings
rebind exit plane (e) to something far away as not the accidentaly jump out

basic plane movements with keyboard and fine ajustements with mouse for aiming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gesadt
Jan 3, 2014

Tarantula posted:

If your up for youtube videos check out The great war channel they do a "what happened 100 years ago this week" as well as answering fan questions.
I really liked the episode on the ships Mimi, Toutou and Fifi https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5cp-QFzfxU

Alternatively Dan Carlin's Hardcore history podcast has a series on ww1. Blueprint for Armageddon i think its called, 6 parts, 4+ hours each.