Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Is here an Xbox goon group on Slack or something? I have only played a bit of the Single Player so far but I'm loving it. If you have an elite controller, what type of button layouts do you use for multiplayer in this game? It seems that crouch is very important, weapon switch, and maybe spot/meelee for the paddles?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Any advice on how to be good at this game? It's so much different from the usual Destiny type MP I've been playing. It seems much harder to figure out where the enemy is and not get killed every five seconds.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I just picked up They Shall Not Pass. Which guns should I be trying to unlock, of those earnable ones?

Also, why the gently caress does loading menus or games still take so long? Just... Why.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

The next BF1 expansion is this month? I just started playing this expansion and it's pretty great. The map flow is tons better and I love the gun unlocks.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

The Russian dlc sounds like it's going to be good, like what are people looking forward to the most in it? I haven't seen any pics or trailers for it.

The turning tides dlc is what I'm holding out for the most. Pure amphibious battlefield 1 sounds insanely legit.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Can you guys teach me how to use limped charges? I get it for vehicles, but their throw range seems pretty low for infantry battles or anything. You guys seem to love them and I think I'm missing something.

Did any of you catch that guy proposing to his twitch girlfriend at E3 using a battlefield 1 loot crate? At the end of the night map presentation two EA people came out with a battle pack crate thing and he opened it up and there was a ring inside. She said yes but good god the nerd levels to that.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

BigglesSWE posted:

At 20 seconds into the new trailer, I thought of this picture, from the battle of Loos:

This has always to me been the quintisential WWI imagery: utter bleakness and despair. At times Battlefield 1 manages to capture it very well, at other times....not so much.

Any more WW1 images like this? I recently found a YouTube guy who was going around touring the places in BF1 and comparing them to the maps. While I don't often like youtubers it was pretty interesting. Fort de Vaux was crazy cool to see in real life and the map is really well done in comparison. I'd say the barracks part of that map was the closest to reality.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Bf 2142 just sounded Ike the weirdest thing.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Is the new map only for premium pass holders or can anyone purchase it?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I loaded into Frontlines for the current medal and noted that most everyone in both squads I could choose from were playing as scouts. I do not think they realize that flag capture is about body mass presence in the capture area more than anything. I switched servers right away. It felt good.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

A boy and his blob.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Are there varying weather effects on Nivelle? I can imagine fog or a snow storm being very legit. They did a good job with the contrast and character brightness. It honestly surprises me you're able to so easily distinguish people out in the dark but they are just like a dark movement thing. It's very well done.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I think more vehicles on Neville nights would help a lot tbqh. Give them like high beams and search lights on top that'd be rad af.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Planes at night would be dope

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Symetrique posted:

Have you considered uninstalling BF1 and switching to Verdun overwatch?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

The first time one of those flares went up and everything got bright as hell I legit capped my pants wondering what was about to happen. I was for sure it meant some massive artillery barrage was incoming or something. Such a cool effect to go straight to daytime like that.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I mean, do you guys remember the old battlefields, or even tribes 2. Back then a game like this would've been unimaginable. Game engines have come so loving far. It's just nuts sometimes.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

That. All of that. Just looks so loving good.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

So do Bayonettes still affect weapon aim? Also, how do I use a horse well, in preparation for that rad dlc

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Someone got the trench runner suit on fort de Vaux on a domination match and loving steamrolled that entire round while being supported by medics. It was rediculous.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Saw this elsewhere but :stare:

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Really disappointed the assault class isn't wearing adidas pants.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

That's strange. I was on a server yesterday that continuously rolled nivelle nights. It's a drat fine map but honestly it's so big it gets a little boring to play sometimes.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

If this was WW2 the nazi emblem would just be LARP'ing. :colbert:

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I like Frontlines a lot. It is a small operation type mode and you can really feel it when a team comes together to finally push hard enough to break the back of the other team, destabilize the meat grinder enough, and actually advance. For players that suck, like myself, it also has the added benefit that enemies only come from one major direction at a time. It's lovely when it works. When it doesn't work though it just ends too fast, which could also be seen as a plus I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I tried playing this game again after months away, got the free DLC. I am having quite the loading time problem. I’m on an Xbox one X and the game either gets stuck at the initial title screen saying “connect to the internet for multiplayer” and won’t connect without fully restarting the game. Or, it gets stuck at “loading game” and a level will never load. I remember the load times would be really long, but I’m surprised they haven’t fixed or improved this on the one x. Any ideas?