Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

Also AHC has been running a series that seems to have 2 different productions called Apocalypse:WW1 that was pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Where do you specify which dx version it uses?

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Some Clips! (from filthy console thread)

I love mines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy2Sdt2CZrk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPlZEl4DB9o
(I might have been drunk)

Funny Bugs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo-j9C_e8es

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMwQ2i6oJZc

10-A Blues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiQ4RzgEPGU
feels bad man

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Lol luv u YJ

Fingat
May 17, 2004

I just picked this up on pc too last week now that I can run it with a new 1060. Applied to platoon.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

I randomly had a big itch for this game again over the weekend. Didn't see many kumpts. Im rank 75 on ps4 so I was pushing to get my favorite weapons back on pc. I hit rank 10 Assault and 3 Scout. I feel dirty for the latter. I've never been much of a wookie. At release I was countersniping the sea of snipers on console. I hit rank 10 scout the first weekend. It was crazy I could just shoot down a line of snipers with the 1895 then they would run back to the same spot. I did a bit of air sperging on ps4 but haven't touched them on pc. What do people use for controls?

Fingat
May 17, 2004

EA has some sort of player appreciation sale going on, premium is on sale for 29. I think I'm going to jump on it.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Paul MaudDib posted:

BF1 seems to be doing some real fucky stuff. For some reason it breaks Shadowplay, recording mode does nothing and if I trigger an instant replay recording then I get a screwed-up file at 1/4 of the native resolution. Also it appears to launch at 1/4 resolution when I first fire it up, but later when I'm in-game it's running native resolution? I have 100% resolution scaling set in the settings.

Any ideas what might be going on?

:dice:

Do you play in windowed or fullscreen?

Fingat
May 17, 2004

I've noticed it more with it in windowed mode.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Suck it up and get ready to go over the top or I'll shoot you myself.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Philman posted:

Why is this guy wearing a butter tart on his wrist?

obviously the V stands for Very delicious.

It's a wrist compass.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhhhh

"Yes. Players are free to share footage of their Closed Alpha sessions, and there are no non-disclosure agreements in place"

YAY, too bad it wasnt today, I'm home sick.

Fingat fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jun 27, 2018

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Ive been able to put some time into the Alpha, straight off the bat it was fun, BF1 hasn't felt fun and kind of weird lately. The new mode is a blast, and winning is dictated by which team plays as a team better, I've seen stomps go both ways. It stinks that squads are broken as the squad play is one of the touted features, hopefully they can fix it before the Alpha ends. Performance is all over the place for me, Ill be running around at 70-90, then turn a corner and get in a shootout and I plummet to 40. My pc is getting old now though, I only have 8g of Ram and a 1060 6g and pushing a 1440p res, Im running everything on low couple med.

To Summarize:

The Good, the shooting feels great, random bullets take the feeling of skill away and replace it with luck, glad its gone, the new mode is fun, sounds are amazing once again, despite running on low its still a good looking engine.

The Bad, too much visual clutter, there's HDR everywhere, snow, my good too much snow, even when its clear out, its like a constant static on the screen, its even worse inside houses, this with the new spotting makes even seeing people a skill. Sometimes when you go inside a structure the light doesn't adjust and its pitch black inside even during the day with a giant hole in the side of it. Some of the movement and revive anims feel a bit clunky.

The Ugly, The British, they look like a bunch of homeless people, the Germans have some cool looking military gear and stahlhelms, the Brits look like they scrounged their clothes from a dumpster. Also why the hell does the medic have a full pilots helmet on including breather????

2 gameplay things I picked up, during the down period while waiting for a revive, if you hold down LMB it delays the time, if you don't touch LMB it goes as fast as it can. I can see why people want an opt out because there is still a bit of a wait even not calling for one and if there is no one near you or you got a bugged squad alone then you wait and wait, then wait again at the spawn screen, I guess that's probably a sort of balance from being able to zerg rush too. The other is I forgot about Archetypes, only support has one in the Alpha though, you click the icon to the left of the main weapon and it brings ups the menu, that's how you get to the MG34. The MG34 is rough though, you can only fire aimed fire from prone or supported and dont even get crosshairs moving, even then its low dmg :(

Fingat
May 17, 2004

bear is driving! posted:

I just applied to DIE KUMTRUPPEN. I've been a goon for 13 god drat years, let me in.

Cool, I've been the only one Kumming lately it seems, unfortunately I'm just a peon rank and can't approve.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Discord is a superior platform because I can post meme links to support my meme thoughts. Thanks for getting this going tonight SGA we had some fun despite the battlefield clan spergs.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

But SGA, Mohun is next week.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

I got a hackusation last night, felt like getting carded for beer still. I was using the mg1917 suppressive. Prone, that thing is a laser.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

The weapon adjustments feel great. The stg isnt a must pick, the mp40 is good at close range, the mg34 can kill people, (but still has no mobility) and the k98 nerfed to hell. My performance is all over the place, out in the field I'm 55-70, but it's basically unplayable in the village with all the houses. I need a ram upgrade but these prices are hosed, and I think I'm asking too much of my 1060 to push 1440p.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

First battlefront sucked, and BF1 is great imo, where is this correlation from? Are these dev teams even the same?

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Back before BF1942 I was a crazy person that played WW2 Online so when I heard about another WW2 game with vehicle/infantry combined combat I was interested. I think it was an article in pc gamer or pcxl or something and I followed it until release and I've played every one of them since. BC2 was my favorite and probably the one I have the most time played in between 360 and pc.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

The stats pages are interesting, comparing my first few months on PS4 compared to the last year on PC. It looks like I got good at this game on PC. My time played is the same, but my rank is 23 higher, my spm is 3x higher. I've been playing way less vehicles, but my kdr is exactly the same. I was curious and then looked at my pc/ps4 stats on BF4 and I was so bad at it on PC in comparison. I thought it was cause I was getting old but it was bad mouse sens/setup and years of bad habits.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

AR's fire an intermediate round, it's their thing. The FG 42 fires a rifle round.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

None of this makes sense, wasn't bc1 the 5th? Are we going to count 1943, or heroes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fingat
May 17, 2004

I was going to see if I could convince a server to stop shooting and come out and fraternize, but ww2 already broke out.