Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

afkmacro posted:

They seriously need to buff the light tank wtf is this poo poo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-eaDD_o1jo

I'm lazy about youtubing things but I've got a bunch of bomber shootdowns. They're really strong for some reason. Generally you can get a disable/kill/engine-crit and then it'll crash to kill the gunner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This game is pretty fun, I have to say, after playing with goons for a couple rounds tonight. Rush feels a lot better for both attackers and defenders this time around, actually thought out instead of just some random garbage.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

I'm going to actually try doing more shadow play uploads. Here's the highlight of the night:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1O5LcrVCMA

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

404notfound posted:

Heavy armor won't protect you from a bayonet charge :black101:

It's kind of dumb that it doesn't protect from the front

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

afkmacro posted:

Can you tell me how you get youtube to save the video at 1080p 60fps? I have shadowplay set to custom and the settings are maxed I believe.

I'm not sure, I'm just using the old Microsoft movie maker to save off 1080/60 and it's working as you see here :(

So here's a video of shooting at airplanes. I have only used the actual AA truck for a couple seconds so far. The autocannon tank seemed alright when I used it, also. I'm not sure I like it in general though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSQ0JUzaykg

I'm not sure where the footage went of riding a light tank on a biplane though, that was fun. For like five seconds before it crashed. Fun fact, the game actually gives infantry riding on airplanes the right click "peek over and shoot" prompt to allow you to fire over the top wing while you're riding in the pilot's lap. For all the bad choices and curious faults, that's an odd thing to have working properly.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

jisforjosh posted:

The more I'm playing of this the less I feel like buying it at launch, which is a first for me in the BF series. Maybe I just need to play another map but the gunplay just isn't clicking for me yet.

Shotguns feel similar, and the light tank main gun is a one shot Zuni rocket, so I'm pretty okay with things. For normal shooty times, support guns remind me on the old as val. It's not so different.

The alpha map was way more fun.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Griz posted:

https://www.battlefield.com/career but they fixed it so you can't buy the stuff you're not supposed to have yet

Have they fixed it so you can buy the stuff you're supposed to have yet?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Lots of viewports seem messed up. One of the train guns, some kind of machine gun, you need to be staring at the sky to shoot anywhere but within 1 foot of the rails. It's absurd.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

xyigx posted:

Origin friend cap is 2000 now so I actually have room and don't have to delete people all the time. Also don't forget if you want the Beta dig tags you will need to have played on 4 or more days and be level 15 or higher, just in case anyone is close and wants them.

Finally. gently caress. Took them long enough.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

I spawned in the horse at E, and decided to go patrol the mean streets of C. But on the way, I see an enemy marching over to D. Well, may as well run him over.

Then another guy spawns off him. Okay, so it'll be two kills. Then another, then another, then another. I just roadkilled a whole drat squad with a horse :allears: Battlefield 1 you so crazy. This game is pretty fun. Dismounted cavalry is insane and my favorite class ever and chasing people down to either medkit/ammo/stab as appropriate is nonstop joy.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

pedro0930 posted:

It's probably a bug. Plus only passenger weapon is effected. The driver still has the same gun and secondary skill which is the most important.

What's with locational damage in BF1? It seems hitting a tank in the side or rear at most does 50% extra damage. I also can't consistently do critical hit except taking out the heavy tank's side weapon. I guess they want tanks to have more survivibility up close instead of fighting at lomg range?

Locational damage is weird. I hit a tank in its head with a light grenade and got a turret disabled. I've never gotten one during light versus light combat though.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Does that origin five dollar thing get you dlc access for games also? Because the idea of paying for BF1 with all DLC while also getting all the other EA games with it as a bonus for two and a half years sounds intriguing.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Monocled Falcon posted:

I don't know if I can go without running around and stabbing people. Is hardline worth picking up?

No

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

afkmacro posted:

no pistols only servers anymore? 😢😢

At least there won't be servers that outlaw shotguns :unsmith:

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Off to a great start here.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Delacroix posted:

I don't know why dice avoids bringing back good features from previous games but stationary weapons should respawn if destroyed. It shouldn't require reinventing the wheel for age-old problems.

It's impressive that grabbing ammunition from teammates has never come back after hardline.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

SeanBeansShako posted:

In other news, I am pleased we can clamber awkwardly onto vehicles and surf them again like in 1942! It's a shame we never tried this in Beta with planes with my small circle of goon squad friends.

Somewhere, I've got video of that, including riding a light tank on a fighter plane. It's awesome to just ride into combat on a tank and rumor has it that they were going to add some kind of hand hold system.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Monocled Falcon posted:

My secret shame is that I play battlefield is for the preanimated takedown animations. They just look so cool. Team deathmatch is nice cause I can get tags and still not screw over my team by going negative.

Any other goon knifers out there?

Knife Quest is like my fourth favorite game mode. BF1 delivers in this regard. The shovel, the cavalry saber, it's all good.

I'm frustrated that they took out Claymore Farmer though.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

BF3 had a weird thing where ammo packs liked to give you ammo for explosives that you already had ammo for. If you had two grenades and only ever threw one, you could fling them almost non-stop. Toss the second and boy howdy you're in for a wait.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Oh okay then.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Every time I open origin it's like "check out this cool bf1 thing" before saying "just kidding"

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Battle ambulance exists and it's the light tank. Poop health out left and right but mostly behind.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Here's a cool idea: count kills earned around flags, give snipers zero credit unless they're standing on a point. This one's free. Call it "Flag Attacker / 100 pts +1 ticket"

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Letting the ideas get crazier and more esoteric, how about getting kills makes your own team/squad respawn faster? Has that ever been a thing? Players often react better to boons rather than disadvantages anyhow. And it could get loving hilarious unless they seriously do something about spawning on people in combat seriously it's been a couple years DICE please stop letting players spawn on the corpses of people I've got in a melee takedown.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

You can melee from the AA?? :aaa:

:clint:

Roadkills naturally

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

evil_bunnY posted:

If that works like the mine, it'll be 100% useless. The maps are way to open, and I made a habit out of crashing through houses when I saw dug in dismounts. Also 360 degs turrets.

This guy knows what's up. Always poke your nose through buildings with armor when looking for delicious infantry inside.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

New Concept Hole posted:

I never heard anyone yell before charging in the beta.

Probably like how jeep beeps were client side in bf3 initially

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Party Plane Jones posted:

Groin targeting was only a thing in 1/2, and you really got no benefits for groin targeting over eye targeting.

The little dialog box and its reaction was the benefit. And as we all know the chat box is the real metagame.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

I've got a garbage old CPU and it runs much better than BF4 or BFH.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Griz posted:

I have a 5 year old CPU (i5 2500K) and didn't have any performance issues with the beta

apparently this thing is like the old Athlon XP where you could replace the stock cooler, overclock it, get a non-poo poo video card, and still be able to run every game on high/ultra at a decent framerate even though your CPU is 2-3 years behind the listed min spec.

I think that is literally my CPU, which does have a big ol heatsink strapped onto it

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Deakul posted:

This is why filters exist.

I'm of the opinion that some filters ought to be automatically set and require reasonable difficulty to disable; for example, do not show any servers higher than 100 ping by default, certainly not any over 200, and if you have none under 300 then issue an immediate refund option and disallow multiplayer.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Whole pile of us got banned once for talking about balsamic steak

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

DoctorStrangelove posted:

The AI was really buggy, such that some people think it might be unfinished code. Only new weapon is a four shot shot pistol.

Is this a typo or do you mean a four-ammo shotgun in pistol form factor?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

How do they leave out features bf4 and bfh had? I want to steal ammo and leadership at the push of a button.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

So fair fight is a legit concept with good execution and they let people cheat for a while to build evidence plus catching swaths of people suddenly.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

:dice:

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

:dice:

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

So they accidentally left the mobile AA in, it's called a buttepanzer, and it's a phenomenal thing and I really enjoyed going 51:0 just now.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Time to go defeat the Hun in Civilization VI instead :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Hungry Bit posted:

few pubbie snipers

We playing the same game here? Matches are won and lost on the backs of players willing to not choose that class.