Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
The days are getting shorter which means it's nearly dark by 8:30.

I've had a handful of close encounters with skunks and they haven't sprayed me yet, but I'm afraid my days are numbered.

The anxiety of being sprayed trumps having a cigarette, but soon it's going to be dark at 5pm and I refuse to live in fear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
where do you live that you are surrounded skunks lol

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style

shoophobo posted:

where do you live that you are surrounded skunks lol

Lived in this townhouse complex for like two years but I saw one two weeks ago and then a guest had to go around back because one was on my front step so I'm spooked

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I read the Wikipedia article about skunks today and one of the first people to describe one in writing said they were an embodiment of sin

People were stupid back then.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Apparently you can get their stink gland removed and have them as pets? Kinda neat

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I read the Wikipedia article about skunks today and one of the first people to describe one in writing said they were an embodiment of sin

People were stupid back then.

lol

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
Can you blame them? This is not something I'd have a kindly deposition towards:

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WINFNvPjbG4

looks ridiculously cool and cute to me, and not scary :shrug:

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe

diabeetz posted:

The days are getting shorter which means it's nearly dark by 8:30.

I've had a handful of close encounters with skunks and they haven't sprayed me yet, but I'm afraid my days are numbered.

The anxiety of being sprayed trumps having a cigarette, but soon it's going to be dark at 5pm and I refuse to live in fear.

No joke I was smoking last night and it was raining. I notice something run by about a foot away from me and I was like ohh a big ole....... not cat..... and just kinda froze for a minute while it went on its merry way. Wet skunks smell a lot like wet dog btw.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
what if i just smell real bad and was not actually sprayde by sunk can i still come

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan
I almost walked into one a few weeks ago- got a few feet away before I saw it lift its tail, at which point I turned around and hauled rear end the other way

I've seen them a couple of times since then, but not that close.

One of my loving neighbors keeps leaving peanuts and bread and poo poo outside, and I think that's what's attracting them.

BLARGHLE fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Aug 28, 2016

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
what if I just burned a fatty of primo skunky doobage and I just smell like when you drive down a country road and get a whiff of skunk roadkill but really I'm just high af

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

my stupid dog has gotten sprayed 3 times

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe

Gatekeeper posted:

what if I just burned a fatty of primo skunky doobage and I just smell like when you drive down a country road and get a whiff of skunk roadkill but really I'm just high af

Maybe you can vape some sweet rear end skunk oil get high as hell off that juice. Straight from the source

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Is it true tomato juice is the only thing that gets the smell off?

Sufficient
Aug 7, 2006
I'M A FUCKING IDIOT
p.s. don't wear condoms
A good friend of mine rescued 2 baby skunks a few years ago that were abandoned by their mother (or it died), who didn't come back for them in the dead of winter. He was convinced into keeping them by his bleeding heart and super flamboyant husband, who doesn't even do the caretaking of them. In the 3 years he's had them, they've never sprayed. They're really nice after you get over the initial fear, but their hair isn't the softest thing in the world even though they're really clean animals and he takes really good care of them.

Because skunks are illegal to own in CT, they are kind of a pain in the rear end to take care of, and even his vet friend won't touch them with a 10 foot pole in order to protect his hide, let alone take out their scent gland. They're also kind of picky eaters in captivity apparently? But they're healthy, really friendly with people and their 4 Cheweenie (did I mention he's gay?), and kind of cute. He likes to freak people out by letting them roam free on the couches where they burrow their heads in between the cushions and people's legs. Someday someone is going to sit on one of those things when they're chilling in between couch cushions and stink up the whole house.

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style

BLARGHLE posted:

One of my loving neighbors keeps leaving peanuts and bread and poo poo outside, and I think that's what's attracting them.

See the one stupid rear end roommate I have left a bag of his take out garbage out on the stoop a few weeks ago and animals got into it. Someone else told him to clean it up but apparently that didn't include the Swiss Chalet sauces under the bush and I'm afraid that's what's triggered this.

Last time I saw a skunk was when my upstairs neighbour had a literal garbage pile on his back deck.

I think I'm getting to the root of my issues.

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe

Sufficient posted:

A good friend of mine rescued 2 baby skunks a few years ago that were abandoned by their mother (or it died), who didn't come back for them in the dead of winter. He was convinced into keeping them by his bleeding heart and super flamboyant husband, who doesn't even do the caretaking of them. In the 3 years he's had them, they've never sprayed. They're really nice after you get over the initial fear, but their hair isn't the softest thing in the world even though they're really clean animals and he takes really good care of them.

Because skunks are illegal to own in CT, they are kind of a pain in the rear end to take care of, and even his vet friend won't touch them with a 10 foot pole in order to protect his hide, let alone take out their scent gland. They're also kind of picky eaters in captivity apparently? But they're healthy, really friendly with people and their 4 Cheweenie (did I mention he's gay?), and kind of cute. He likes to freak people out by letting them roam free on the couches where they burrow their heads in between the cushions and people's legs. Someday someone is going to sit on one of those things when they're chilling in between couch cushions and stink up the whole house.

This sounds pretty cool actually.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Did You Know? Skunks are voracious foragers of plant life, especially cannabis plants, and the odor compounds in the weed become distributed throughout the skunk's endocrine system, in much the same way that a flamingo relies on its diet to maintain its pink pigment

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
I was flying yesterday and went over a highway at around 2000' above ground and you could smell a dead skunk from there what the gently caress how can that poo poo carry so far vertically?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Zorodius posted:

Did You Know? Skunks are voracious foragers of plant life, especially cannabis plants, and the odor compounds in the weed become distributed throughout the skunk's endocrine system, in much the same way that a flamingo relies on its diet to maintain its pink pigment

Are you saying that smoking skunk buttholes will get you high? If so there's a thread that needs posting in TCC.

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Are you saying that smoking skunk buttholes will get you high? If so there's a thread that needs posting in TCC.

You didn't see the dank rear end color of that butt spray posted earlier? poo poo looks like it would gently caress you up man

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Friginator posted:

Can you blame them? This is not something I'd have a kindly deposition towards:

Oh my god! What's that animal doing with its anus?

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Nigmaetcetera posted:

It's technically possible, if you collect the concentrated spray and perform a lipid extraction, similar to the preparation of cannabis butter.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
Pepe le pew was a rapist

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
My car got sprayed once it smelled like poo poo for about a week even after taking it through the car wash like three times

The problem was my window was open and I couldn't close it fast enough when I realized i was about to hit a skunk and it would inevitably poo poo its spray out of fear

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

amusinginquiry posted:

Pepe le pew is racist

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

But enough about your mom, OP.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

My parents have a bat that lives on the porch. My mother considers it part of the family while my father wants to kill it.

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan

diabeetz posted:

See the one stupid rear end roommate I have left a bag of his take out garbage out on the stoop a few weeks ago and animals got into it. Someone else told him to clean it up but apparently that didn't include the Swiss Chalet sauces under the bush and I'm afraid that's what's triggered this.

Last time I saw a skunk was when my upstairs neighbour had a literal garbage pile on his back deck.

I think I'm getting to the root of my issues.

lovely roommates/neighbors are the root of most issues

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Facebook Aunt posted:

Oh my god! What's that animal doing with its anus?

is that literally a prehensile rear end in a top hat that the skunk can aim with

god i hate this biosphere

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Nigmaetcetera posted:

considering there are huge long rear end threads devoted to chugging literal factory waste someone has already tried this and is maybe doing it on the regular

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
Has anyone ever bottled that stuff and gotten someone to drink it? I mean, would they be able to without puking?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

deviantart ur the best :allears:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Flesh Forge posted:

a skunk diaperfur superhero? :monocle:

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
thought u said spunk. dont care now.bye

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo
I have never been sprayed by a skunk, but I have the pleasure of owning a Husky. Which means anything small and fuzzy looks like a great chew toy. Also the stinky stuff is really awesome to roll in apparently.

This leads to 3am baths where we are both miserable. Her hating baths so omg why am I toturing her and getting rid of the awesome smell. As for myself, kneeling over tub trying to wrangle 40lb dog + slipped discs = not being able to stand fully upright for a couple days.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Sufficient posted:

You're sounding a little jealous there friend

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Flesh Forge posted:

*smokes a weed*

*exhales*

well would you look at that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang