Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
  • Locked thread
Neopie
Feb 28, 2014

Something something cinnamon bun

The Farsiders, Episode One: Really, Stuck On Cleanup Duty??
Session One

Sessions and Episodes are not equivalent

12:30 PM
Ancient Metropolis


Sentinel Memorial Temple
+Well Stocked, +Hidden, +Defensible, +Home-ly, -Distant -Old As poo poo


The main screen TV in the sitting room, one of the most modern rooms in the temple, where pretty much all the main electronics are set up, blares to life- speakers throughout the room reverbrate it's messages through the temple, as the News cuts to a live report...

quote:

Channel 13 'Zone TV' News

A long shot of a horrible thing- impossible to really gaze upon for long with how fast it's moving, but undulating, on hundreds of limbs, as it crashes through half a dozen buildings in the ancient metropolis, purple energy left behind in it's wake- it's glittering green and brown carapice is impacted by several blasts of fire and electricity from off screen, but it hardly seems to be deterred- the camera swivels to show three heroes leaping across the rooftops after it- B rank 223 Dracolina, C rank 60 Jupiter-Jet, and B rank 853 Chibi bound off after it, stopping to pull civilians out of the wreckage and fire a few more times during their passage.

Channel 13 Reporter, Susan Bellemere, hurriedly grasps the mic, a pained look on her face. "T, the heroes are going after the Broken Thing, but I don't think they'll make it- it's too drat fast! Look, just make sure to get to safety, everyone, you know where the local shelters and meetup locations are, stay safe, don't go out into the open if it looks bad, and keep yourself clear of any trouble- we don't want any problems, and no one's quite been able to figure out WHAT that purple stuff is yet- stay tun-"

Susan's mouth gapes wide, eyes staring as the broken thing stops, before charging straight forwards and /shattering/ a hole into the middle of the air, a gaping purple void into which it promptly scuttles- the three heroes bounding after it!

"T, this is Susan Bellemere with Channel 13, and we'll have more on the scene as it happens! Come on- I know the league will be here to save the day!"

Soon after, each of your communicator earpieces buzz, from their positions on your body, on your desk, whatever- if you hurriedly get them on and listen to the message, you'll hear an incoming communique from the League- namely, from one of the supervisors, D-Rank 3 Coordinator Eris.

"Oi! Look, you nerds, we have a mission for you! Get out of your Brooding Comas and come on- we've got a Broken Thing rampaging through Ancient Metropolis- oi, don't get that hopeful, you're on Cleanup Duty, thing's been excuding some sort of purple bullshit and we need you to go deal with it, mmk? Keep people out of it, it's probably toxic, don't touch it yourself, get people out from under debris, save people from houses that are on fire, that sorta poo poo. Now hurry up, time's a-wasting, and I better not hear a single complaint about this!"

... Yep.
A charmer.

In any case, a mission's a mission, even if it's a boring one. Time to get to work!

===

1:00 PM
Ancient Metropolis Zone

"I, I..." Susan Bellemere staggers back, the purple light flowing over her form, burning into it, blackening flesh and holding her in place- her cameramen and women have long since fled, and she stands, frozen, mic still in hand. "This wasn't supposed to- no, no! I, I..." She shudders, falling to her knees as the glow converges over her, and at several other points in the nearby debris, flowing, converging... "This was supposed to help people- I didn't want, I, I can't, it was supposed to be okay-" Before she can speak again, the glow of the purple light rises into a crescendo, flying up into the air in one solid beam-


Susan Cable-Wave Seraphim
Threat Level Unkown



False Messengers

The Seraphim's Wings Spread Wide, floating above the lady- its eyes hidden, it's mouth spouting tales of the world. "Today an estimated fourty victims died in the rampage across town, while Local Heroes failed to stop them. There was no point- it was forbidden that it succeed. There was no reason to fight this meaning of the world."

As it speaks, from the ground rise it's worshippers- with the heads of televisions, rising from the ground, looking up to it with awe, raising their hands up high! "This world is a broken place- where man hates their neighbor, where falsities hang high from above, where those with power use it to strike down at those below them, where hundreds die every day with no meaning, no reason- there is no deeper truth than this."

And around then, that's when you get here. Just in time to catch that beam of light, that sermon- well. This might prove to be more interesting than priorly believed. And judging by... what you just saw, rescuing the victims might be more important than ever, if only to prevent them from joining the fight against you- and because it's the right thing to do, right?

There are people trapped under rubble, hordes of the False Messengers, who knows who who hasn't evacuated yet, and presumably a news crew nearby, ready to film your every action, but no pressure.

Everyone: What were you doing this morning? Why was it important to you? What do you plan to do, personally?

Noriko: Has your mom, your files, or outside knowledge ever indicated something like this happening before, or do you think it's a one off incident? What do you think your mom would do, given these monsters are theoretically cilviians? What ELSE has you worried about this mission, in particular?

Beta: Another chance to prove yourself! How's life been, now thatyou actually get to leave the house a little? What has your 'mom' packed with you, just incase you need it? What human thing about your teammates is really ,really confusing you- or hell, any thing, given the Aliens and, uh, whatever Eleos is. What do you think the optimal solution to this situation is?

Ankensatsu: This... strange nihilism reminds you of something, doesn't it? ... Now that you're on parole... kind of, how have you been taking advantage of your small bit of freedom? Which of your teammates do you think least deserves to be here? ... Mmn, and what is your training bothering you to pay attention to, what are you trying to pick up on?

Nameless: While the oppourtunity to fight a broken thing has eluded you, at least you still get to assist in dealing with it's wake- is that any consolation prize to you? What member of the Klaaxi delegation took you aside this morning to give you a warning, and what WAS that warning? How would the warriors back home deal with this situation- the broken and the aftermath- and would it be more effective than what's transpired so far?

Eleos: ... You can just see it, the visage of her- not literal, but metaphorical , hanging over this scene- corrupted people, broken ideals, and all of it rings with her laughter. You know what Abraxia would have done, if it came to it- she would have just killed and killed and killed until the problem was dealt with. What would Number Five do? ... What have you been thinking about, in these crowded and loud days and quiet, lonely nights?

Setting Doc
NPC Doc
OOC Thread
Influence Sheet

Neopie fucked around with this message at Aug 28, 2016 around 15:12

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak: +2 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +0
Hopeless | Afraid | Insecure | Guilty | Angry
Potential: 0/5

The alarm softly chimes as my eyes slide open. 5:00 AM. Perfect. I flip off of my bed and am dressed for training within two seconds. Acceptable. I believe that I can easily quarter that with a few tweaks, however, so I must continue to strive for peak efficiency. Perhaps if I hang my clothing in such a way that I literally jump into it as I leave the bed -- this bears further thought. But for now, my training begins. I slide a disc into the player beneath the screen on my wall. An extension cable snakes into it all the way from the main floor. The one luxury I afford myself. It flickers to life with a low thrum and bold letters appear on the screen.

MUKOSHIROKU: KEITOU RAGOUKEN

I unsheath my blade, Saiha, and work through a quick kata as the opening animation plays. The dark wanderer and his blade. A dying land. A desperate quest for meaning. It would be true to see that I see similarities with my own situation, but that is not what draws me. The swordplay. It reminds me of techniques that I have seen throughout my career as an assassin. The hint of a true killing strike. An invincible blow.

I carefully note each move as the episodes play, practicing them hundreds and thousands of times, further refining my understanding of each. I make sure to copy the main character's speech that accompanies each move as well. It is possible that only in combination with the proper focusing words will the true strike be unleashed. I have been practicing this routine for several months now, ever since I first watched the first episode and discovered its secrets. I believe that soon I will have a breakthrough in my understanding. Finally, the last episode has played. With a few final stretches, I return my blade to its sheathe and place it back on the wall. I am drenched in sweat from this workout. I shower and don the standard-issue school uniform provided for my use. Five seconds. Acceptable. The clock blips over to 7:00 AM.

---

It is noon. As is my custom, with my newfound (though certainly monitored) freedom, I make the trip to the Sacred Valley and find the Boss's cart. I sit down and greet him. "Boss. One Shoyu Ramen, please." I slide several league-issue credit chits across the counter. Moments later, he slides the requested dish over to me. I enjoy it slowly. One minute.

I return to the base as the clock ticks over to 12:29 PM.

---

I look at the bizarre TV creatures and their Broken savior. Laughable. Their movements are crude and easily predicted. Much like Beta, Dr. Ritsuko's creation. It has some semblance of life and power, to be sure, yet it has not impressed me in our actions so far. Nameless possesses great strength. Eleos likewise. Both are great warriors. Noriko provides interesting insight into Panopticon. She also is an example of that which I aspire to. A hero.

The words trouble me, though. The prophecy of doom accompanying a twisted revival of the fallen. Strangely similar to that of episode 7. Why would it know that? Why would it say that? Too little data to speculate. Yet, as directed, it is not my duty to engage them. Instead, my immediate concern should be the civilians trapped underneath the rubble. I do not wait for directions from our leader. There will be time enough for that after I return. This will be quick.

quote:

Tricky
Unleashing my powers to GO FAST (and move some rubble)
!r 2d6+2
Krysmbot
Tricky, 8+2 =
10

Tricky
and I totally forgot to roll my start of session move
whoops
!r 2d6+2
Krysmbot
Tricky, 7+2 =
9

I explode into motion. The TV creatures seem to be stopped in time as I blur between rubble piles and shift them off of the trapped civilians. They will likely be fine from there. I am very skilled at fighting. I doubt that the creatures will have much freedom to pursue the civilians after we move in force. The dust rises up around me as I slide to a halt next to my comrades. "I have removed the rubble trapping the civilians, Noriko. I believe that they should be able to remove themselves from the combat area."

A thought strikes me. If I were to be setting up a situation like this, there would be attackers hidden among the civilians. Either those trapped in rubble or hidden within their domiciles. I will need to carefully consider their behavior moving forward in hopes of identifying any hidden threats.

Tricky fucked around with this message at Aug 28, 2016 around 16:03

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Death, but with a gun





Freak: +1 | Danger: +0 | Savior: +0 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +0
Hopeless | Afraid | Insecure | Guilty | Angry
Potential: 0/5

*Thump* *Thump* *Thump*

It was early morning, away from the base proper in the nearby woods. A few birds take flight,

*Thump* *Thump* *Thump*

A tree shook with repeated blows, chitin fists leave deep dents in the bark as arising from slumber before dawn he went into the woods to practice his morning katas. He did this every morning, to toughen his fists and settle his wandering chakras from the night of sleep before, a sharp mind is one that is ready to greet the new day, and what ever challenges may confront it. And during this low grade tree punching, a low chittering mantra.

"From form, comes wisdom" *THUMP* "From wisdom, comes strength" *THUMP* "From strength, comes mastery" *THUMP* "From mastery, enlightenment." This was repeated a few more times, until the Nameless decided he had done enough for now and took his rest on a nearby stump. That he had made earlier by careless power usage, demolished in a moment of anger.

That morning he had received a visit from a shadowy figure that turned out to be one of Nyx'Ner'Rhub's 'specialist technicians'. They were very polite, very formal, and made it absolutely clear that our new base of operations was under close observation and failure to report to the embassy at the daily allotted time would be inadvisable. He could feel them around the compound occasionally, just watching him from a distance, he pretended to ignore them. He had debated the wisdom of informing his teammates that they were under observation also but decided it would cause, 'unnecessary problems' and questions he was not prepared to answer right now. Best that they remain in the dark, those who lurk in the shadows are only concerned with this one and if they get involved...

It was many hours later when the call to action came out. Finally.

---

Clean up duty had rankled with Nameless. Clean up duty, they may have called it damage control, or threat containment but clean-up duty. But he wasn't aware that clean-up duty had included a strange and mutated human and an army of unusual minions with glowing boxes for heads. But the signs are all too recognizable in the empire, the human has been in contact with the energies left behind by a Broken Thing's passage, she has become a hybrid.

The policy within the Empire on dealing with those who had been irreversibly corrupted by the touch of the void was very simple. They were put down, they had to be, to become a hybrid is to be slowly dragged to the side of the things from without until eventually all that was left was a thing more monster then klaaxi, or human in this case and the result is a being similar to this Cable-Wave Seraphim. There are those who have tried to reverse the corruption with untested rituals, medicine or 'self-control' but the result was almost always the same. The infected had to fight daily against an inhuman nature and that fight would get harder as days go on until eventually they would give in to the darkness. Best that they were dealt with immediately and cleanly before they mutated into a monster and caused further loss of life.

This was the issue with the human's city, due to it's presence as a point of inter-dimensional strangeness it was very difficult to predict when and where a broken thing might make entry. With so many people cramped together a Thing could cause untold amounts of damage before a response team was sent out. The empire even in it's more crowded tracts of land were very sparsely populated, and since the efforts of the first emperor, inter-dimensional strangeness was kept solely to the far outer edges of it's borders. A few villages may disappear off of the map sometime when a Broken Thing slips through the net, but there has not been a direct incursion into the capitol for thousands of years.

But back to the matter of hand, Nameless muttered a prayer to Shaarj under his breath as he surveyed the arranged scene in front of him, cracking his knuckles.

13:35 TheNabster Assess the Situation
13:35 TheNabster With the Nameless
13:35 TheNabster !r 2d6+2
13:35 Krysmbot TheNabster, 11+2 = 13
13:35 TheNabster Noice

>Who here is most vulnerable to me?
>How could we best end this quickly?

The Nameless intends to fight this creature head on.


"Shaarj forgive me for what I must do." Intoned Nameless under his breath in sharp chittering tones. He turned to the Noriko human, and switched on his translator.

[Noh'Ree'Koh, this one wishes to combat the beast directly, one seeks permission to do so.]

TheNabster fucked around with this message at Aug 28, 2016 around 20:05

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor



Fre: +2 | Dan: +2 | Sav: 0 | Sup: 1 | Mun: -2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions:

"What do you mean you're being lead by Panopticon's daughter!?" Dr. Ritsuko was not happy at all. I had just finished breifing Dr. Ritsuko on everything that had happened so far. It's something she expects me to do at least once per week. I don't mind doing so, especially since it allows me to feel like I'm back home in Island Tower Zone. Since she was the one who invented the communicators during her time as a hero, Dr. Ritsuko had no difficulty finding my channel. However, when I left, she sent over more communication devices just in case mine got lost or destroyed, some of my favorite Romance Novels and other technological devices that allowed me to maintain myself should I encounter any mechanical failures in terms of my powers and everyday life. I have to admit, adjusting to living here has not been the easiest, especially since the technology in this building isn't as advanced as the ones I'm used to interfacing back at Dr. Ritsuko's place.

Noriko has definitely helped me adjust to my new surroundings, though. She's shown me around both inside and outside of the base and has generally treated me better than most of my teammates. Nameless has been fun to hang out with as well, especially since I get to show him Romance Novels and how they can apply to the real world. He looked a bit shocked when I asked if we could have a friendly fight together, but I assume that was just because fighting is commonly seen as a more aggressive act. If I explain it to him, I'm sure he'll understand. I'm not sure how the others feel about me. Ankensastu is a bit weird and spends a lot of time doing things on his own. As for Eleos, I've not really had a chance to talk to him, but he has shot me odd looks from time to time.

"I swear, that bitch just loves messing with me. Your team has an alien, a former convict and some person outside of the zone and is being lead by her daughter. How the hell can a team like that function? Adding onto the fact that she tasked you with protecting her daughter. God, this is so infuriating!" I could hear Dr. Ritsuko's frustration through the communicator. I probably should try and calm her down.

"Don't worry Dr. Ritsuko, things will work out. Noriko doesn't seem like Panopticon from what my observations tell me. Additionally, I doubt that the league would intentionally sabotage me just because I am your creation. It would be suboptimal to go through all that effort to discredit you, especially since you still provide them with technology that they use."

"I know, I know. It's just, I worry about you, ok Subject P150-2? I want you to do well. After all, I've been working on you for ages. I don't want those years to go to waste just because she doesn't like me." It seemed like Dr. Ritsuko had calmed down a bit, that's a good thing. I'm glad I can still support Dr. Ritsuko in such a way, even though I am not living with her anymore. "If you ever get in trouble, don't feel afraid to talk to me. I'll always be happy to help."

Now that my briefing with Dr. Ritsuko had finished, I went out to find the others. Maybe we can hang out and go to a festival like in The Melancholy of Lika Supina? Or see more of Ancient Metropolis Zone? The possibilities were endless!

- - - -

Getting to go on a mission? How exciting! Even though it was not as major as some of the other things heroes did, it was still something new. Hopefully I had a chace to really show what I can do to the others. Plus, it was going to be the first time we really worked together as a team. That was another exciting prospect that would come from this opportunity. I had a large smile on my face as we reached the area we were tasked with cleaning up.

"Wow... that's so cool." Seeing the creature form before me, something I had never seen before, was so amazing. I got to show off my skills against it? Even better! I'm sure if I beat this thing with the team, people will be impressed by Dr. Ritsuko's research. However, I had to remember that heroes needed to focus and complete the task at hand. As I surveyed the area, I watched as Ankensastu suddenly started to speed around the area. What was he doing without Noriko's permission? Was he allowed to do that? I had thought that since Noriko was our leader, we would follow her decisions. Seeing him do that without even consulting her made me feel a bit uncertain and nervous. Was he going to be able to work in a team with us? Hearing Nameless then appear on the communicator, I decided to respond.

"Judging from the situation, it would be suboptimal to directly engage the beast at the moment. There are still civilians in the area alongside all of the mini creatures that appeared alongside the big one. I suggest that we should focus on getting the civilians out of here, just to make sure that they don't also transform into a giant creature. Some of us should distract the creature and its minions while one or two people work on saving the civilians. Because of my particular skillset, I feel it would be better for me to distract the creatures. However, what I do is all up to you Noriko. What are your commands?"

While waiting for Noriko's orders, I decided to take a closer look around to see if there was anything I can use to my advantage to help with the scenario. It wouldn't do to have to deal with more civilians changing into creatures. I wanted to see if there was something I could use to block the monsters from reaching the people. However, whether I use it or not would depend on what Noriko wants. She is the leader, after all.

jimmydalad> Rolling to assess the situation
<jimmydalad> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 6+1 = 7
What can I use here can I use to prevent the creatures from getting access to the civilians?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011
As a white American, it is my civic duty to kill my racist father, mother and any other family members, including myself.
That way people of color can finally be safe from white people.



Fre: 0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +2 | Mun: +1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions:

"That was great, wasn't it?" Hearing her question, I turn to look at Karissa's smiling face. Around us, children swarm out of the theater, chased by their parents; Super Rainbow Scouts isn't exactly adult fare, but it's a series she loved since she was a child (more than a few times we watched it together after school), and she was ecstatic when it was announced that they were reviving it for modern audiences so I agreed to attend the premiere with her.

I smile. "It was good, yeah." It's not a lie, either; while a bit more... Saccharine than what I usually watch nowadays, they did a good job bringing a series that's older than either of us back. Other than the considerably prettier art and better effects, it could have been another (considerably longer) episode from the ones we watched over ten years ago. Besides, it's nice to just have a slow day sometimes.

We're discussing where to go for lunch when my communicator alerts me. Holding a hand up to Karissa to ask her to wait, I bring the device to my ear, just in time to hear Eris's message from the beginning. I scowl a bit; does she have to be so rude about it? She's not even that much higher rank than I am. Lack of politeness aside, though, her message is important; sighing, I look back to Karissa. "Sorry, I have to run," I say. "There's an emergency, and-"

"It's fine. We can always meet up later," she says, smiling. "I'll see if you make the news while I wait!" I nod, giving her a wave as I open a gate beneath my feet and drop through. Time to get to work.

---

I'm on top of a building, overlooking the scene, when the pillar of light erupts several blocks over. Opening another portal, I relocate in time to see the "angel" ascending above its worshipers. That's bad; the damage the Broken Thing's rampage caused is bad enough, but they could make things so much worse.

Fortunately, while this particular manifestation is new, this sort of situation isn't unprecedented; "lesser" corruptions taking the form and following the will of a more powerful one is one of the main outcomes when multiple people are corrupted at once. Generally, the "minions" are weaker and less sophisticated, though they can still manage unpleasant surprises at times. Fortunately, they're also possible to save; less-thorough Broken corruption has been reversed in the past. The reporter, though...

Turning my mind back to the task at hand, I scan the area. Plenty of the TV-heads, but no civilians just out in the open; probably wise of them, but it makes this a bit more difficult. If there were some I could see (and who weren't buried in rubble) I could just open a portal beneath their feet and drop them into a shelter, but instead it looks like we'll need to find them first. Looking around, I search for survivors, looking for signs of where they might be and potential dangers to them, while keeping an eye on the floating Hybrid; if she just keeps hovering and spouting nonsense, then that's one thing, but she could turn aggressive at any moment. She needs to be watched.

Down below, meanwhile, the others have begun to act. Kouzai's already freed several people from the rubble. "Good job, Ankensatsu," I reply over the communicator, affirming his message and keeping watch from above. Being the leader is still somewhat odd to me. It makes sense, though; my powers give me unique ability to organize and apply the team. Additionally, my allies' temperaments can be a bit... Unsuited to command, at times.

My leadership is immediately tested when Nameless and Beta speak over the communicators. Taking a moment to collect my thoughts, I reply. "Our priority is to rescue the civilians, yes; not only do we want to limit casualties, but anyone who falls to them may well join their ranks. If she moves to attack then we'll deal with her, but otherwise our immediate goal is saving anyone in danger." I don't reject Nameless's request outright; besides wanting to handle this diplomatically, fighting her may indeed be necessary shortly.

"Save anyone else in the immediate area right now; I'll have orders shortly. If you have to engage her minions, try to capture or disable them rather than killing them." The TV-heads are theoretically savable too, so I'd rather they not die. I'm not sure if everyone would agree with that choice; my mother probably wouldn't go out of her way to kill them (and admittedly could likely deal with them easily), but I doubt she'd hesitate if she deemed it necessary. Considering things further, and remembering the incident in the Crystal District, I add, "...But, again, our priority is saving the trapped civilians." While I'd like to save the corrupted people as well, they only might be fixable, while those who haven't been corrupted will survive as long as we can get them out of here. If a choice between one or the other arises...

Well, hopefully it doesn't come to that.

<Roland_Jones> Been reading the files.
!r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Roland_Jones, 8+2 = 10
<Roland_Jones> BAm/
Oh, and, hm.
Assess the situation.
!r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Roland_Jones, 9+2 = 11

Assess + Be mindful questions: What here is the biggest threat, what here is in the greatest danger, and how can we best end this quickly? Asking with the goal of saving the civilians, so while the Seraphim is obviously the most powerful enemy, she may not be targeting the people we're rescuing (or doing anything besides rambling), so the first question still feels worth asking.

Files question: Have any fully corrupted individuals, like poor Susan there, ever been fixed, or are they universally doomed?

No orders for the team just yet because of the questions. Can provide them after getting answers though.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at Sep 2, 2016 around 13:41

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST



Fre: +1 | Dan:+2 | Sav: +1 | Sup: -1 | Mun: 0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions:

Here's the thing: there's never enough time. First you're reading about how the agricultural decline in late 2200 led to the revolutionary tide, and then somehow you're hand deep in the guts of your personal computer because well, you once read a bit about how it works, and calling someone to fix it would be great, but you've never done that, and researching all the possible people who could fix it is going to take more time than actually teaching yourself microcircuitry, and also you don't *really* want anyone in your room. But then it turns out that microsoldering is really hard, and you're pretty sure you shorted *something* because there's a cloud of black smoke, and at this point you'd be better served by going and buying a new one, but maybe it'd be better to sleep?

Look, its been... like... 60 hours? Since I last slept. Sleep would be good yeah. I mean its like... 12:15 PM. I could get to sleep like... 8 hours then go visit Gungnir and then go get the computer thing sorted out. Should be fine, I don't have anything scheduled. I hit the bed, and immediately fall into a deep relaxing sleep.

For once, there are no dreams about Abraxia standing over us, raining down death on us. The agonized screams of my family, dying, burning, as we flee forward. Three, clutching the broken body of six, staring her down, for an instant, before being utterly obliterated. Mostly because I've all but gotten comfortable when the buzzer rings. I leap out of bed, startled, adrenaline pumping through me, as I tune into the frequency of the receiver.

I listen intently, i'd take notes, but it doesn't seem complicated. Clean up crew. I can do that. Its going to be a long day though.

--------

As I witness the destruction before me, I'm oddly detached. I can see the destruction that this... thing, has wrought, and I think of how I could end it. It would be... not easy, but doable. I could fling my spear. It's a very good spear. Its made of a vibramium alloy. I recovered it from the ruins, it once belonged to One. I couldn't craft a weapon like this. I'm not sure *anyone* can anymore. Its one of the few weapons I can wield without breaking. My strength, normally is not insignificant, the sonic boom from hurling it would probably shatter glass and stone. I'm sure it would hurt the monster. It wouldn't be enough.

I could full my put strength into it, tap into my connection with Abraxia. I've been very very careful to not do that. I don't know for sure, but I believe i could throw the spear at a speed the fraction of the speed of light. The creature would be obliterated. Thousands would die from the explosion and following radiation. It'd be the equivalent of setting off an atom bomb. That's how she'd do it. She'd destroy anything, anyone, in the path of her objective. She would bring ruin and destruction, like a herald of the apocalypse. She wouldn't even blink. My training, my instincts, tell me to do that. Maximum force. Obtain what you want. Those too weak to live, don't deserve to live.

That isn't me. People have died today. But I'm not letting anyone else die on my watch if I can avoid it. No matter the cost.

I've actually been thinking about that a lot of late. How much of her is in me? Am I just young and naive? When the time comes, will I have the heart to stand defiant? In the long nights, I doubt myself. But when I'm surrounded by people, with their insignificant worries, and minor joys, I know that I... I'm not like her. I'll fight for them. I can't worry about that *now* though, I have a battle to fight.

Its too late for the mutated. There is no cure. No survival. They are already dead. But those not affected yet? I can save them. The can still live. Half my team is rushing forward already anyway. I suppose its too late to wait for orders...

Not that I had any intention of doing so anyway. My heart flutters with pride for an instant. Its good to work along with people who are so quick to spring to action. Noriko has good instincts and I approve of her orders. But I'm already running towards the civilians. I let my inner core of energy burn. Not brightly, not dangerously, just enough to give me a boost...

Unleashing powers to go as fast as possible 2d6+1 = 5.

Oh dear.

Neopie
Feb 28, 2014

Something something cinnamon bun

The Farsiders, Episode One: Really, Stuck On Cleanup Duty??


Everyone: The Seraphim lifts it's wings ever higher, soaring upwards on a beam of light, a broken and wretched smile upon it's face- "This is the truth of this world! That there is nothing that may make up for our tragedies- that for every smile someone has died, that for every piece of hope there is equal and greater despair, and we speak this messenge to the world! We broadcast it, twenty four seven, place it wherever you go- this holy sacrament may not be infringed upon!" As she shouts to the universe at large, the Messengers raise their hands to the sky, the bars on their face contorting into a horrid visage for but a moment- and then rush at you, weapons in hand, in a wave, ten , twenty, thirty. Their clothing blows in the wind behind them, and the horrid noise of television static raises above all over noise... "There is no escape from this truth of the world!"

What do you do?

Enter Battle As a Team:
Leader Does Not Have Influence over everyone
Everyone does not have the same purpose
Some People Distrust the Team- -1
You Are Not Ill Prepared.
Start with one team, unless Noriko takes a condition to start with two.


Noriko: The biggest threat is almost certainly the Seraphim- ringleading the mass of the corrupted, it speaks it's message of nihilism so deeply that all are tempted by it- leave it alone, and you might have some dire consequences. On the other hand what's in the biggest danger here is- well, at the moment, you guys. For the /moment/ they seem to be ignoring the civilians, though that doesn't seem like it's going to last given how they arose, for now, it's your team that's about to get hacked apart by knives and torn to bits. The fastest way to end it- well, if you're intending to save everyone, you want to go after the Seraphim- it may or may not release the other hybrids on death or incapacitate, but it's your best shot at disabling them without killing them. And... Well, you're not sure, but the Seraphim may in fact be able to be saved as well. It's something that experiments have been heavy on in Shining Shield, and you've found some files on your mother's computer that indicate there's actually substantial progress- it's a risk, for certain , but it's absolutely possible you might be able to save every single person here, even the damned. With your team rushing into the fray, and many of them already preparing to kill if they must, well-

What do you do?

Ankensatsu: As you enter the fight, this morning hangs heavy in your head- for as you were heading out here, you got a call, not on a phone, but on the secure band of your communicator- no one but the team should have that... But aaah, you have old friends, don't you? Either you've given away this frequency or they found it and took it, whichever you prefer, and as you listen, none of the others aware, one makes you an offer- none other than Sakurai Bentei- arms dealer extraordinaire. His slow, vaguely douchey voice rolls over the line, speaking to you and you alone. "Heeey, Haaaatttooori, what's happening man? Listen, listen, I've got some nice new wares in- some poo poo you wouldn't believe, real, real /new/ stuff- some of the best arms and armor you want. Buuut, I know you don't have /money/, and your credit's been running a little low, so why don'tcha, mmn, do me a favor, eeh? Look, look my friend, I hear you're going out on your first mission, and I /hear/ there's a broken out that way, and don't worry- no one's ratting you out or anything, I just have the news on my TV- but mmmn, one of my suppliers has been looking for some poo poo to experiment on, and the bio-tech poo poo the Broken bring in looks like something they could make a nice dime off of- and if I give it to them, that dime falls to me, too. So, what say it- You get me a piece of that Broken, and I'll set you up with some real nice poo poo, man. Course, I know your buddies in the league don't like that kinda stuff, so keep it hush, mmk?" Click- and the line goes dead.

===

In the present, your speed training is certainly paying off, and with each and every movement you make more and more rubble is removed, freeing one, two, three, maybe even more people, one by one by one- men in fancy business suits, children in their school uniforms, and even what looks like one of the camera men- you've got them un-trapped, and now you just have to get them out of the line of fire- and that might be an interesting task, with that wave of the Messengers bearing down on your head.

What do you do?

Nameless: So you're dedicated to killing them all, huh? That must weigh heavy on your heart. As you study the Messengers, you start to see patterns, moving and shifting in their movements, and in the movements of the Cable Wave Seraphim above. The thing most vulnerable to you here is the Seraphim- flying above everything, and it's messengers ground bound, you have the perfect oppourtunity to take the fight to it, though it would mean abandoning your teammates to the hordes. Similarly, that's how you would end the fight quickest- by taking it out with a decisive series of blows, you could end the fight before it's begun- but then, are the hybrids ever that easy?

You have your choices- save the civilians, combat the swarm, or go hunt some big game, so what do you do?

Beta: Seeing that corruption really is cool, huh! Nifty! You get to fight such a neat monster on your first time out! As you look about the field, you see a few things that might help- for one, there's a lot of debris, if you could set it up in a way to block the monsters that could help- and, there's a series of fire hydrants nearby. Due to your range limits it wouldn't be a huge barrier, but you could bust them and ice the water, forming a barrier that way, too.

Course, now you've got some decisions to make here- so, what do you do?

Eleos: Abraxia's way would certainly be easier- as you charge forward, focusing your energy in on yourself, leaping directly into the fray, towards the uncovered civilians, you have a choice- you can feel the energy inside you feeding in on itself, building brighter, stronger, more powerful, without limit, without anything to stop it- and you could use that, go fast enough, do enough, get in, save those civilians- but then you'll have to vent that energy on something, and as per what Noriko said there's not much here you CAN safely vent it on- or, you could tamp it down, but you would lose the initiative, those /things/ would swarm on you- and you will almost certainly be hurt as they unleash sheer brute strength upon you.

What do you do?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak: +2 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +0
Hopeless | Afraid | Insecure | Guilty | Angry
Potential: 0/5

Earlier...

I give a dark look to my communicator. Kouta. It must have been. I can only imagine where he found my communicator frequency. I was indeed bound by honor to repay my previous debts, but this seemed to be beyond the scope of previous favors. Broken remains were highly secured and regulated. I could surely bypass any security, but would it be worth it?

---

I look over the collection of civilians I had amassed. A varied crowd, to be sure, and apparently unable to exit the combat area on their own. This was not to my advantage. If I did not do something fast they would surely be overwhelmed and absorbed into the horde of the Messengers. Dropping the last of the rubble, I pull a camera woman to her feet. The Channel 13 ID badge dangling from her neck read Tokuda Aya.

I look at her, "Aya, I require your assistance. I will distract these creatures, but I need you to lead this group to safety. Can you do that?" We exchange a meaningful look and she bravely nods. "Good. Thank you." I blitz towards the nearest Fallen Messenger and hit it with a palm strike to the screen. Messengers approach the group from various directions. I zip between targets and do my best to maintain non-lethal strikes as we progress. It is mentally exhausting, but I breathe a deep sigh of relief as the group finally nears safety.

I key my communicator, "Noriko. Civilians are en route to safety. What are your orders?"

quote:

Tricky
Gonna defend the civvies
!roll 2d6-1
Krysmbot
Tricky, 11-1 =
10

Taking influence over Aya.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor



Fre: +2 | Dan: +2 | Sav: 0 | Sup: 1 | Mun: -2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions:

Noriko was praising him? Was that something I needed to do? Maybe I should talk about it with Noriko later. However, Noriko had given her orders. Sadly, I wasn't ordered to directly engage the creatures just yet. Instead, the focus was put with the civilians, just like my assessment. Nodding my head at Noriko and the others, I jumped into the air with my sonic blasters and then made an ice slide to stay out of reach of the Messengers. Now was the time to really showcase my powers.

From a previous analysis I made of the arena, I noticed a lot of debris lying around. With the limitations of my ice powers, I recognized that trying to build a barrier with them probably was not the best idea. However, I could use them to push the debris around and cage the enemy in. It would at least work to cage the messengers in. Knowing that, I immediately went to work. I glided gracefully around the area, using my ice powers as I drifted past debris to shove it inwards and away from the civilians. Eventually, I had managed to go around the entire arena in a systematic fashion and formed a nice ring of debris that trapped the enemy in.

"Mission to obstruct the Messengers from reaching the civilians completed." I said proudly, sliding my way back towards the group, grinning widely. "What do you think of my powers? Are they satisfactory Noriko?"

<jimmydalad> Gonna roll to unleash my powers and shape the environment via moving around debris with my ice powers
<jimmydalad> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 10+3 = 13

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Death, but with a gun





Freak: +1 | Danger: +0 | Savior: +0 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +0
Hopeless | Afraid | Insecure | Guilty | Angry
Potential: 0/5

What this one feels doesn't matter. The security of the tribe always comes first, the only thing more dangerous than a hybrid, is a dormant hybrid that suddenly becomes active.

To dispatch the messengers is merely duty, but to fight the hybrid...

<TheNabphone> Nameless is gonna punch the Angel in her dumb TV face. +1 from acting on the assess roll
<TheNabphone> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> TheNabphone, 9+1 = 10
<TheNabphone> Yeh boi

>Impress/Surprise/Frighten the opponent
>Take away her ability of flight.


Nameless took a step and lept, a simple psionic burst directly at the Seraphim. Before it could even move one arm struck it directly in the gut, and two more roughly grabbed the wings.

"I've waited for something like this ever since I arrived, fighting you will be a pleasure. Fall to earth hybrid!"

Wrenching the wings up and forcing the angel down with his weight, the hybrid and The Nameless plummited into the teeming masses of the messengers below, the Seraphim's face on a one way meeting with the pavement below!

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST



Fre: +1 | Dan:+2 | Sav: +1 | Sup: -1 | Mun: 0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions:

So Noriko believes the Damned might be saved.

I certainly can't tell her she's wrong, because I don't really know. I'm just stuck in a bit of a predicament now. My power is spiraling, building, if I don't shut it down, I'm going to have to vent it somehow, and I was perfectly happy to use it on the damned when I thought they were just that, now it seems like I shouldn't... can't do that. There's a cold calculus to war. I refuse to participate in such calculations however. The Damned are... maybe ten feet from me? I see Nameless casting the Seraphim to the ground, the downward trajectory it's following....

Fine. We'll do it this way. I heft my spear, staring down the horde of monsters approaching me. I have maybe two seconds now before my power either goes critical or I have to cut it off? I step into the old, familiar stance, the spear poised above my head. One called it the striking scorpion stance. Its as fitting a name as any. Then, with the wind roaring out of my lungs I shout Ex Nihil!. That used to be our battle cry. We came from nothingness, and one day we'd return to that nothingness. It didn't have the same meaning for me then as it does now.

With satisfaction, I see the spear soar through the air, supersonic, aching towards the Seraphim, impacting with a significant *thud*, skewering the beast. Injuring it, perhaps giving my allies a chance to hurt it as it writhes, pinned against the ground by the spear.

Directly Engage 2d6+2: 9

Creating an advantage for my allies


My power tapers down. I won't do it, if the Damned can be saved, I'll do everything I can for them.

The Damned fall on me, and I am not prepared.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011
As a white American, it is my civic duty to kill my racist father, mother and any other family members, including myself.
That way people of color can finally be safe from white people.



Fre: 0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +2 | Mun: +1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions:

Looking over the situation, I see the Hybrids are going for us, not for the civilians. That's to our benefit, actually; we're considerably better equipped to deal with them and survive. If we can deal with them before their attention shifts, then that will make our job considerably easier. The issue is dealing with them quickly enough; the fires are still burning in the area, among other threats to the remaining civilians in the area besides the corrupted people. If we take too long then people will die regardless of the Hybrids.

Turning my gaze back down, I see my allies' efforts to help the civilians are already in progress. "Yes, good work, both of you," I say. "Keep them occupied, don't let them harm anyone. I'll support you from here. Nameless, I-" I begin, before seeing him leap into the air for the reporter already. Well, that's about what I was going to tell him to do, but him acting like that is still somewhat frustrating. Now's not the time for a lecture though; as he's bringing her down, Eleos goes in for the attack too. However, he's exposing himself to attack from the corrupted people on the ground, deliberately not attacking them. Because of my command to not kill them, probably. Well, I appreciate him following my orders, even as it puts him in danger. Now it's time for me to support my team back.

As the horde descends upon Eleos, I focus, bringing my own powers to bear. Black holes in reality open among, ahead of, and around his assailants, blocking their paths forward and disrupting their assault. Some run through holes that open ahead of them and exit others that lead them directly into their allies. Others fall through gaps that open beneath them and tumble out into empty air, falling onto other TV-heads, or trip over the gaps and into each other. Even the ones that don't go through a portal have their attack interrupted, as I open gates between the crowd and Eleos so that they have to change their path; whether they're intercepted or merely redirected, it still keeps them away from him.

As I work to prevent the mob from reaching Eleos and sow discord in their ranks, I speak over the communicator. "Bringing down the corrupted reporter is the best way to limit damage here, and may also disable her minions. We need to incapacitate her as quickly as possible, before she can infect anyone else." I look down over the scene as I work, focusing on keeping the attackers from reaching my allies as they work to protect the civilians and bring the leader down. Now it's just a matter of stopping her, preferably without killing her.

<Roland_Jones> Defending Eleos
!r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Roland_Jones, 7+2 = 9

If someone's willing to spend Team to help, it'd be appreciated (and probably be used to get us a point of Team back while avoiding the bad effects of the partial hit). Otherwise, Noriko's exposing herself to danger by focusing on what's happening on the ground and not up where she is or something.

Also, Eleos would have marked potential for that missed roll earlier.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at Sep 2, 2016 around 13:38

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor



Fre: +2 | Dan: +2 | Sav: 0 | Sup: 1 | Mun: -2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions:

Yes! Noriko was happy with my progress! I needed to keep this up though, especially since it would not only showcase my powers but it would also do Dr. Ritsuko proud. Knowing that, I watched Noriko move to aid Eleos, the weird one, who managed to get himself in danger. She probably could do it by herself, but I remember the task that Panopticon made for me. Sliding down closer to the action, I aimed my hands at the hordes and shot a large sonic blast, blowing them away and aiding Noriko in her task.

"You need to be more careful Eleos. Putting yourself at risk like this is suboptimal for completing this task."

Gonna spend a team to bump Noriko's defend to a 10.

Neopie
Feb 28, 2014

Something something cinnamon bun

The Farsiders, Episode One: Really, Stuck On Cleanup Duty??


The Seraphim is struck once, twice- first by Eleos' spear, flying clear through the air, impacting her in an instant with impossible speed, impossible force, but STICKING, lodging in her chest- unfortunately for her, that is not the end. Nameless is already in motion, and his swift strikes deal quite a blow- his feet find steady footing on the spear, as he forces the Seraphim to the ground, falling, plummeting- the face on the television contorts- but not into a frown, but into a horrific and wide /smile/, and it LAUGHS as it falls- and as it impacts the earth before it, a crater forming at the point of impact- and it laughs, and laughs, and laughs, until finally it stops- and speaks once more. "You think you are greater- you think you are above these truths, but you have faced them- you have not accepted them, but you have faced them. I have faced them- I have faced the challenges of the world, and failed, and now I FINALLY see the JOKE IN IT ALL!" And with that, it lets out one more laugh, and sends a sheer psychic wave of force- almost visible in the air, into each and all of your minds- for most of you, it's brief, and easily ignored, a sharp but temporary pain. For others...

The Seraphim marks Hopeless and Insecure.

As this goes on, Noriko, Beta, and Ankensatsu quickly rally the citizens- providing cover, transportation, and a rallying point in turn, each of you working effectively to get people out of there. Tokuda Aya provides an ample rallying point- waving the stragglers along, running back to carry others, whipping the crowd into a perfect line straight out, as they run for their lives.

Nameless and Eleos are not so lucky. Nameless, first off, has his crash to the ground- while it inflicted great and terrible pain upon the Seraphim, simultaniously it may not have been the best possible move- it's arms grip him as it falls, and they fall together, together, all the way down to the ground, hitting at the same time - the impact hitting both of you with an audible crunch. Nameless, take a powerful blow.

And then that psychic shockwave flows out from the Hybrid- flowing into both of your minds, and for you, there is no escape. There is no sight or sound of the outside world- just you, in your minds, experiencing the onslaught. IT comes not in the form of pain, or in the form of destruction, but in memory. Each of you see something- the worst memories from your past, emotions flaring, lives ruined, the utter stink of despair- you experience something of the sort, and those emotions resonate within you, those horrid experiences as fresh as the day they came.

Reject the Seraphim's influence. In addition to attempting to raise Danger and lower Savior, if you fail this roll you will also take two conditions of your choice. Either way, describe your memories.

Noriko sees something else, as well- not in dream, but in reality- the Seraphim is hurt. Badly wounded, it lifts it's arms to the sky- your teammates have struck it powerfully, and while it's not down for the count, they're in grave danger of taking it so far that they outright kill it. This is... not ideal, to say the least.

Beta Will find that they're quite successful, and there's it's own pleasure in that- not only is Noriko happy, you can tell the people that you saved are happy too, and you even see a little child give you a warm and grateful smile. Awwwwww. Still, you have another chance to prove yourself here- the hordes of the Messengers claw at your walls, fruitlessly, but they will break through in time, and they aren't disabled, not yet...

Ankensatsu , your techniques were quite apt- holding off the Messengers long enough to amply defeat them, sealing them off within- though it is merely a temporary solution. ... D oyou believe in their salvation, or are you simply going to minimize the risk, and do what your family has always taught you?"

As for all of you...


What do you do?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak: +2 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +0
Hopeless | Afraid | Insecure | Guilty | Angry
Potential: 0/5

I wiped my brow as Noriko moved the civilians to safety. This was difficult. The sheer number of variables exceeded any three of my assassination missions. Difficult, but strangely rewarding. With the civilians removed from the scenario, however, my next step became clear. The twisted TV-head creatures, the Fallen Messengers. The Seraphim seemed to be directing them. If I were to disrupt that control and disable them, the situation would turn ever more in our favor. The desire to kill briefly flared up within me, but I beat it back down. That was the way of my past. That was the way of the assassin. If I was to be more than that, I must strive to show that same opportunity to those who would face me. Time would tell if this was the correct path or a moment of foolish sentimentality.

I raised Saiha to the ready and then flipped the blade in my hands. I would strike with the blunt. A breath. A moment of silence. Then I struck.

quote:

22:16 Tricky Directly Engaging the Messengers
22:16 Tricky !roll 2d6+2
22:16 Krysmbot Tricky, 10+2 =
12

Resisting their blows, taking their connection to the Cable-Wave Seraphim.

My blade flashed throughout the crowd, surely the only sign of my passing to an outside observer. Each blow hammered into one of the TVs, dissolving the odd pictures displayed into nothing but meaningless static. I skidded to a stop on the far end of the crowd with a dramatic flourish of my blade. As one, the Messengers I had hit collapsed to the ground.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor



Fre: +2 | Dan: +2 | Sav: 0 | Sup: 1 | Mun: -2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions:

The mission had been going well so far and I had managed to execute all plans that Noriko had given me. I ignored the Seraphim's wails, they do not concern me. All that needs to be done is the protection of civilians. A sharp headache rippled in my mind and though it was annoying, it didn't stay for long. Trying to remember what orders Noriko gave, I remembered that she had mentioned how taking out the Seraphim would deactivate all of the other messengers. Therefore, the most optimal solution to the problem was to take out the Seraphim.

The creature looked to be nearly incapacitated and Beta remembered how Noriko had ordered them to not kill the Seraphim or her messengers. This was going to be a tougher task than anticipated, but it was something that was within the scope of his powers. Aiming his hand at the angelic creature, I fired off a weaker sonic blast towards it. I had not really tried firing off weaker blasts before, but since it was effectively a part of my body, I felt confident about my ability to incapacitate the creature without harming it.

<jimmydalad> Going to directly engage the Seraphim
<jimmydalad> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 7+2 = 9
choosing to resist/avoid their blows

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011
As a white American, it is my civic duty to kill my racist father, mother and any other family members, including myself.
That way people of color can finally be safe from white people.



Fre: 0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +2 | Mun: +1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions:

I sigh in relief as the survivors are filing out, projected from the Hybrids and the environmental dangers. We'll still need to search the area for people trapped or otherwise unable to get out on their own, but so many people getting to safety is a good start; I think we may have gotten the majority of the people still here out already.

Looking back to the victims that can't merely be evacuated, meanwhile... The lesser Hybrids seem to be contained, with Kouzai seemingly knocking them out; it's hard to follow his actions, but there aren't any erupting fountains of blood or anything so I'm pretty sure those are nonlethal blows. The reporter, though, took a lot of damage (as did Nameless; I really hope he's not seriously hurt) and seems to be close to death. While I would hope the others remember my instructions, and Beta already seems to be acting upon them, I feel the need to reiterate them anyway. "Good work everyone; most of the civilians are out and the threats neutralized. Now we just need to deal with the 'angel'. Remember, we want her alive, though preferably unconscious other otherwise unable to use those psychic powers.

"Nameless, Eleos, are you two alright? I can get you out of there if you need assistance," I add, watching the two; besides the impact from Nameless's attack, there was that psychic emanation she released. Those two were closer to her than the rest of us, and even I felt it at my distance. That could have been even worse than the physical damage for them.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at Sep 3, 2016 around 09:45

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Death, but with a gun





Freak: +1 | Danger: +1 | Savior: +0 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: -1
Hopeless | Afraid | Insecure | Guilty | Angry
Potential: 0/5

10:02 TheNabster Nameless takes a powerful Blow from the ground
10:02 TheNabster !r 2d6
10:02 Krysmbot TheNabster, 8 = 8
10:02 TheNabster Not great

>Fighting through the pain: Marking Guilty and Angry


*CRUNCH*

It wasn't the most graceful of landings Nameless had ever done and he knew it, as the rolled tried soften the blow with the ground. That was careless of him letting her get a grip on him like that but Nameless had taken worst hits, he got up shakely and re-assumed the stance of the the stance of the Water Strider. And then...

10:07 TheNabster And Nameless Rejects Stupid Psion Influence
10:07 TheNabster !r 2d6
10:07 Krysmbot TheNabster, 8 = 8
10:07 TheNabster Not bad

Shifting Danger Up, and Mundane Down


The palace burned, the guard was either dead or defected and there in front of the Crown Scion of the Klaaxi empire were the heroes of his childhood, blood on their hands and The Usurper. As Sha'La'Shas'Kah cradled his dying father in his arms, knowing that he was too late, knowing that the battle was over, there was nothing left for him. He screeched ten thousand curses and charged and was so very easily defeated by the strongest warriors of the empire arranged against him. Beaten, humiliated, filled with a bleak and unending despair he demanded the death as was his right as one of the emperor's caste, and the Usurper simply said "For you? No, Death is too good for you. You will know your place Scion."

And meeting the gaze of that quiet smiling angel, The Nameless felt that nothing would let his escape the demons in his head, but to rend this creature apart

All four arms moved in slow circling motion, psionic energy crackled along the finger tips. Time to show this hybrid it's place in the grand order. [The Rushing Answer, Ten Thousand Locusts Consume The Harvest] Nameless stepped forward, and blurred in the air he stepped in front of the Hybrid, and then struck

10:36 TheNabster Nameless is gonna give it some of the Ip Man treatment.
10:36 TheNabster !r 2d6+1
10:36 Krysmbot TheNabster, 9+1 = 10
10:36 TheNabster Noice

>Resist/Avoid their blows.
>impress, surprise, or frighten the opposition




Four fists moved in perfect harmony striking again and again and again faster then an untrained eye could follow into the fallen angel's delicate frame. In the calm center of his mind, pushing the raging emotions to one side as he went about his work, striking pressure points and working on the chest. Back in the monastery he had seen masters using this technique to carve great murals into walls of stone in mere seconds with their bare hands, such precision, such control, oh to have that kind of power and to bring it to such a fine point.

But here all he wished to do was to fully incapacitate his hybrid opponent, pushing her towards the floor with a torrent of blows until he stopped. He thought he had made his point very clear, no need to go too far with it right now.

[You dare to remind me of what I lost Hybrid, this one does not take kindly to attacks on their mind.]

TheNabster fucked around with this message at Sep 3, 2016 around 10:35

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST



Fre: +1 | Dan:+2 | Sav: +1 | Sup: -1 | Mun: 0
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry, Guilty


Soundtrack

We'd been climbing for hours at that point. The cliffs were impossibly tall. So far, we'd avoided detection, the Broken Things hadn't seen us, their patrols seemed to take them past the most likely ground routes, and this was certainly not one of them. Still, that should have tipped us off that something was wrong. The six of us climbed in silence, not even Three daring to banter in this situation. Our goal was to break into what Abraxia had called the Tetramorphism Facility, and we were just two miles shy when everything started going wrong.

It started when a small patrol of Broken Things flew right over us. Six didn't think, she unslung her bow and brought them down. Five well placed arrows, fired from that monstrosity she called a "bow". It was taller than she was, and made of some kind of bone white alloy, with a draw of unbelievable strength. I'd seen her put an arrow through a solid wall of granite before. Flesh and chitin? They parted like butter. What we didn't know, couldn't know, is that the Broken Things are psychic, or part of some hivemind. Regardless, Six's speed meant nothing. Before we knew it, maybe a dozen of the monsters had converged on our position. Even despite our precarious perch, they didn't really pose a threat, we swatted them out of the air like flies.

They really hit us in force when we hit the top.



In my later research I learned that this Broken Thing was named Xia. It was massive, the size of a small skyscraper, it descended onto us like a wall of chitin, and while we could carve deep, bloody gouges in it, it was worthless. It healed too fast, was too massive for that to even matter. Worse perhaps, were the waves of acid that spewed from its stinger. Walls of death. Four was... Four was foolish. Foolish but incredibly brave. He always had the telekinesis down better than any of us. He rode a wave of pure psychic energy at the creature, smashed it with power like we'd never seen, pulped its abdomen.

It wasn't nearly enough. A swarm, a true swarm, literally millions of silver wasps the size of fists emerged from the wound, and fell upon Four. I've never seen anyone burned that badly, torn up so terribly. We broke. We'd never seen carnage like this. Oh on the enemy, sure, but one of us? Two roared in impotent rage, charged towards the fight, despite his burns. We restrained him, and took our flight. Xia did not follow.

But in that day I tasted the most bitter of defeat.

Take a blow 2d6= 10

Rejecting influence 2d6= 10

Raising Danger, lowering Savior.

Mark potential by immediately acting to prove them wrong.


I weep, what else can I do? That was the beginning of the end.

But as much as they might want me to I refuse to regret it. My family might be dead. My creator might want my ruin, but to regret would be to dishonor the sacifices they made. When Six stood her ground, buying us valuable minutes. When Two cursed Abraxia and everything she stood for. When I decided to become a hero.

These are our sacrifices, and I won't have the belittled by a monster. Oh the guilt is certainly there, but more than anything, I'm *angry*, did this monster think that reminding me of my most painful memories would... stop me?

No. Even as tears roll down my face, I understand the virtue of sacrifice.

I won't let what they did go to waste.

I don't have words to spend on this false prophet, instead, i get to work.

I am already surrounded by the Doomed, so I smash into them, careful to keep my blows nonlethal, despite their best efforts.

Engage directly 2d6 +2 = 9

frighten the opposition.


I am reckless perhaps, I take no care in shielding myself, no precaution, as I bring them down, systematically, I am in a sort of... trance, maybe, caught in my own memories as I glide through them, my muscles acting of their own accord.

I see Ankensatsu, dashing through them, a much more... refined style than what I'm doing. He's causing no harm. I'm merely minimizing the harm I deal,

I simply yell, as I demolish one after the other, "Surrender"

The Damned clamber over each other trying to get to me, "SURRENDER"

The world is a haze of slow motion action, an arm here, shattered by a kick, a Damned thrown clear away from the pile. "SURRENDER"

For a few moments, my world is merely violence.

TheCog fucked around with this message at Sep 5, 2016 around 18:12

Neopie
Feb 28, 2014

Something something cinnamon bun

The Farsiders, Episode One: Really, Stuck On Cleanup Duty??


BGM

Ankensatsu And Eleos crave swathes through the hordes of the Messengers, spear and hands flying, knocking screens into static, breaking antennas, as one by one they all fall, crumpling on the ground in heaps and piles, limbs splayed across the concrete. None are left untouched, but many left unharmed- Ankensatsu's strikes are precise and careful, though Eleos' are... less so, he still makes an attempt.

Shot from above- Eleos and Ankensatsu stand back to back, Eleos' spear and Ankensatsu's sword both pointed towards the ground- they stand in a small circle, the only space in the shot clear of the bodies of the messengers, all screens showing error messages or static- they are the victors.


The Seraphim starts to sit up, a final salvo ready in hand- but Beta's blast of sound quickly knocks her back to the ground, and as she looks up she's almost starting to sweat, to cry- "I just wanted to speak the truth- the truth that the world speaks to us. This is the message we broadcast, every day, every hour- why can't you understand it!" Her face is distraught, and... for a moment, you can hear it clear in her voice, a moment of clarity- one brief moment where she honestly doesn't believe what she's saying. But soon, that moment is gone- for Nameless' fists are many and fast, and unleash upon her form- one , two, three, twenty, a hundred, two hundred strikes, fast and innumerable, and with each strike her body breaks, shifts, leaking purple ooze, shuddering- until the final strike, directly at her television screen, and the long shot of it shattering into nothing. ... And yet, the monster breathes. It's... almost dead. It will need medical attention immediately at the bare minimum, and the paramedics will not get there fast enough- but if you can find a way to preserve it, it's alive, and so are the messengers.





Noriko, well... Most of them survived, and you still have a shot at the rest- the civilians are out of here, and you've got a creature to deal with. Your mother would leave it- abandon it, let the cleanup crews dealwith the problem. It was a lost cause to begin with- but you know that you might have the barest of a chance, and if anyone can get that thing to safety, you can. And.. if it doesn't work, it's quite a bit of risk - you could spill more of that corrupting poo poo around, bring a monster that might be ALIVE somewhere where it might be a danger, or otherwise put people in danger... And, of course, you've seen something else, or thought of it- another complication to this whole debacle. What is it? So, given all that, as the leader of the team, what do you do?

Eleos, you're EXHAUSTED. Emotionally and physically, you've been pushed and pushed and pushed in many a way- the... the fight's over, right? Everything's done? The civilians are out, the monsters are down, and I can't imagine you're feeling social- you could just leave, right? Go off somewhere. Be alone- no need to face briefings, or talk to anyone about your problems, or worry about your friends... ... or , you could stay right here, and face all that, like you know everyone else is going to want you to. Who here seems almost scared of you- someone you recognize, among the crowd of victims? What do you do?

Ankensatsu, You... actually did very well. Is that what you think a real hero would have done? Is that what you think your family would have done? And given those, do you think it's what you should have done? In any case, the fight's over... this one is, but you think the fight wit hthe Broken still rages on... and you still have that message, that job. Do you intend to take it? If so, how do you intend on slipping out, getting away, and taking care of the job? If not, how do you think that Sakurai will react? In any case, what do you do?

Beta, You DID IT. You Defeated the Seraphim! You did the hero thing! And barely anyone died this time! You are the best and coolest robot and Noriko is probably going to give you a prize for being good at your job. Are you happy with yourself? Is this what you think that your creator wanted? Tell me what accolades you hope to earn... and tell me, what's just shown up that's going to make your day even better? What do you do?

Nameless, in your fury, you might have overdone it- the creature is cracked, broken, and bleeding. It may die. Do you care? Honest question, that. Your blows still reverbrate through your hands- and the memories drudged up from your mind. You did it.. right? It is, of course, merely a Hybrid, but nonetheless, you have proven your martial prowess- so why does this whole situation feel off to you? What do you do?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor



Fre: +2 | Dan: +2 | Sav: 0 | Sup: +1 | Mun: -2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions:

We did it! We did it! We defeated the creature! Oh man, we looked so cool doing it as well! If Dr. Ritsuko could see us, I bet she'd tell us we did a good job as well! Especially me. After all, I did my tasks and showcased my powers. We also managed to keep people alive, which is awesome! This mission was so cool! We got to fight monsters, save people's lives and we did it with minimal civilian casualties. All in all, I would consider that a success in my book.

"Good job team!" I called out cheerily, making my way towards them. "Oh man, that was so cool! We saved the civilians and defeated the monster with minimum damage! Good job everyone!"

I gave them a thumbs up, a human gesture that I had managed to pick up from Romance Novels. I looked to Noriko in particular and flashed a wide smile. I hope she was happy with my performance today. Objectively speaking, the others may have done more actual damage to the creatures. They were all very impressive in that regard, but I contributed as well! Additionally, I kept the creatures from attacking civilians. Hopefully Noriko would recognize that and that she'd say I did a good job. Maybe she'll take me out for some Ice cream or go out and do human things for fun! The possibilities were endless.

At the sound of wings, I turned my head. I waved animatedly at Dracolina as she approached the party. She must've seen us fighting and was now coming to congratulate us on a good job! I assumed she had already dealt with the Broken thing that she was chasing before and was coming to check in on us. Maybe she thought we were going to need help. We must've impressed her that we were able to do the job so well.

"Dracolina! Dracolina! Did you see us? Don't you think we looked so cool? It was so much fun!"

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Death, but with a gun





Freak: +1 | Danger: +1 | Savior: +0 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: -1
Hopeless | Afraid | Insecure | Guilty | Angry
Potential: 0/5

Shaarj no this one does not care!

This creature tries to psychically attack this one's comrades, attempts to use one's greatest failure to weaken one and then has the audacity to beg for mercy in the midst of battle?

Those memories burned even now things that Nameless remembered night after night after night, and yet it didn't fight back did it? It made one attack against us and was brought down without much effort. This merely means that this one's prowess is substantial compared to the beings void, but this one has heard of hybrids that tore through swaths of soldiers and flattened whole villages before being brought down, and this one just, did nothing...

Perhaps it was just that weak. Yes that was it, it was built for harrying with psychic attacks from a distance and letting it's minions wheedle down it's enemies whilst it commanded from above. The moment those two things were taken away from it and it was forced into single combat, it was barely a challenge worth considering. Well, there was only one thing left to do for something such as this.

[Shaarj take you Hybrid.] Nameless spat, and then raised his leg to stomp.

If someone doesn't step in right now Nameless is going to do a murder.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at Sep 15, 2016 around 17:52

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor



Fre: +2 | Dan: +3 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +1 | Mun: -2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions:

Wait a minute, what was Nameless doing? The battle was over, they had won! Plus, Noriko's orders stated that they shouldn't kill anyone, even the Seraphim. Why was Nameless disobeying orders? That was suboptimal towards being a hero? However, I wasn't sure how to stop him. After all, he did look very angry and it looked like he was just trying to vent all of his frustrations into the monster that just attacked us.

"Nameless, Noriko's orders were that we couldn't kill any of them," I stated, extending my hand outwards. "I apologize, but I can't let you kill her. I hope you forgive me."

I fired a precise shot right into Nameless' chest. Like the previous one on Seraphim, it was weaker and more controlled, but it would serve to at least prevent him from killing anyone.

<jimmydalad> rolling to directly engage Nameless in order to keep with the task of not killing anything
<jimmydalad> !roll 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 8+2 = 10
Taking away his ability to kill Seraphim or any of the other enemies
resist/avoid blows

Due to him embodying the lesson of "Never stray from the task at hand", I'm going to shift Danger up and Saviour down.

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at Sep 15, 2016 around 18:19

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak: +2 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +0
Hopeless | Afraid | Insecure | Guilty | Angry
Potential: 0/5

I look at the circle of fallen Messengers surrounding us. The glow from their screens is the only sign that life still fills them. Truly, fighting to save pushed me further and required more skill than I had ever been forced to display before. Perhaps even some of those who had lobbied for my death, or at the very least permanent imprisonment, would be shaken by the heroism that had been displayed today. A sense of accomplishment and pride was filling me. Perhaps this path would lead to my salvation as much as it would for those I had fought today.

My thoughts turn to Sakurai and his request. I look out at the devastation wrought by those exposed to the Broken Things. While we were truly successful in our mission to contain the damage this time, there was no guarantee there would be an effective response for the next. How could I give something that dangerous to a man driven solely by profit? He would surely bring it up next time we did business, but that was a risk I was willing to take. He was a mercenary who did business with whoever could pay. Surely he would understand that the compensation did not match the request.

I look to the rest of the group. The Seraphim was down -- but Nameless was about to execute it. Unacceptable. This mission was over and we had succeeded in our part. Execution was not the realm of heroes, but of assassins. If I could exercise restrain in my actions, there was no reason that a hero should do any less.

quote:

[11:11:33] <Tricky> Ankensatsu Unleashing to move the Seraphim
[11:11:37] <Tricky> !roll 2d6+2
[11:11:38] <Krysmbot> Tricky, 12+2 =
14
[11:11:48] <Tricky> best ninja rides again

My full speed is something to behold. I streak throughout the battlefield, appearing next to the fallen Seraphim in a fraction of the time it takes for the alien's foot to fall. I look to Nameless. I cannot understand him. He could make a different choice. He was not born to this life. Not like I was. Perhaps this too is part of my path. I grab the Seraphim and shift it out of the way of his foot. It may die yet, but it will not die by this team's hands. I will not allow it.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Death, but with a gun





Freak: +1 | Danger: +1 | Savior: +0 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: -1
Hopeless | Afraid | Insecure | Guilty | Angry
Potential: 0/5

[Shaarj take you Hybrid.] Nameless spat, and then raised his leg to stomp.

20:47 TheNabster Nameless suffers Friendly fire
20:47 TheNabster !r 2d6+2
20:47 Krysmbot TheNabster, 6+2 = 8

>You give ground: Your opponent gains an opportunity


And is blown across the street by a sudden sonic blast from Beta, bowling him into a wall with a thunk. As he slowly rights letting out a series of chittering and emphatic curses in his native language, he struggles to his feet and glares at his comrades looking like he is barely maintaining control of his boiling anger. He gestures to the fallen Hybrid.

[Why you deny me this Bay'tah? It has attempted to kill us, and would have run rampant if we were not here, and you wish to show it mercy?]

[Is it worth saving? It is a creature of the void, it's in its very nature to corrupt and kill, if we gave it aid it will merely continue to corrupt and kill, it knows nothing but the desire to corrupt and kill. It's worse than an beast, for at least a beast will run if it knows it cannot win, a Hybrid can only be counted on to senselessly fight and kill until it is slain.]

TheNabster fucked around with this message at Sep 15, 2016 around 20:08

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak:
+2 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +0
Hopeless | Afraid | Insecure | Guilty | Angry
Potential: 0/5

While I drag the Seraphim out of the way, Beta decides to take the direct approach and blast our comrade into a wall instead. Hm, an unusual decision. It denotes a certain degree of confidence in controlling its abilities to avoid permanent damage. Perhaps there is more to this mechanical doll than I had thought. I look impassively at Nameless, though I am certainly curious where this outburst stems from. He has struck me as one of the more level-headed in the group.

My voice carries through the silence, "Noriko directed that we avoid causing any casualties. If the League decides that there is no hope for this one, then they will take whatever steps are necessary. It is not our role to execute the fallen."

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST



Fre: +1 | Dan:+2 | Sav: +1 | Sup: -1 | Mun: 0
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry, Guilty

Exhaustion makes me slow, and before I can muster the energy to react, my teammates have exploded into conflict. I cannot blame Nameless for what he wishes to do, even if I disagree. Even now there's a part of me urging me to lay into the hybrid with my bare hands. To rend its flesh, until nothing remains. That was one of her favorite lessons. An enemy who is dead is no longer a threat. Mercy is a weakness that will get you killed.

I can see how someone who grew up out there might see it that way. It strikes me again, how I have so much more in common with this alien sometimes, than with the people who look like me. Or that I used to resemble anyway. This feeling is only driven home further, when I spot her in the crowd. Sarah Tagen one of the civilians assigned to me to help me integrate into society when I first came here. She was in charge of teaching me how to get around the city. I don't think she ever saw my powers, because after a month her function became redundant. I think at the time she pitied me, but now all I see in her eyes is horror.

All I want to do is run away.

Perhaps I should. My burden is to fight. Not to deal with this. But I agreed when I signed on. The price of duty and all that.

Maybe I can compromise.

"Nameless. Lets get out of here. Let them deal with the Hybrid. You're much too powerful a combatant to let simple anger rule you."

I walk up to him, hoping he'll follow my lead. This way I can defuse the situation, *and* get out of the post mission briefing. Best of both worlds.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011
As a white American, it is my civic duty to kill my racist father, mother and any other family members, including myself.
That way people of color can finally be safe from white people.



Fre: 0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +2 | Mun: +1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions:

"What are you doing?!"

I drop through a portal next to the others; I had been moving to attempt to stop Nameless from killing the Hybrid, but Ankensatsu had already moved her (it is hard to act faster than a person with super speed) so instead I simply move to join them from my vantage point. "Nameless, I said not to kill her. I-" I pause, taking a second and leveling my voice. "There may be other civilians still trapped in buildings around here. You and Eleos go search for any and get them to safety." This order is partially to get him away in case his emotions overcome him again, but, those two actually are probably the best to have perform a search-and-rescue here; Nameless's telepathy and their shared strength will make finding and freeing any remaining survivors a simple matter, in theory. "Keep an eye out for any of the purple liquid the Broken Thing spread in its rampage; it's not only still a threat that could corrupt more people, but it could potentially contaminate local resources and cause issues for the area, if not the entire Zone, if not contained."

I take a look at Beta, contemplating saying something about his attacking Nameless; while it was to protect the Hybrid and clearly didn't hurt him, attacking a teammate still... Isn't ideal. I don't know, I'll have to think about what to say myself.

Later, though. He'll listen to me now or when we're back at base, and right now, the reporter is dying. I look at her broken body, raising my hand to my earpiece and connecting to official League channels. "This is Noriko Ametsuchi, reporting from Ancient Metropolis. We've successfully subdued a hybrid outbreak in the area and have captured them alive. However, some, including reporter Susan Bellemere, have been grievously injured and will die without immediate medical attention; I can create a gate between here and Shining Shield for immediate transport, so I'm requesting a team to assist with treatment and containment while the subjects are still unconscious." I await a response, hoping that it's in the affirmative; while I would believe that the science teams would be ecstatic to have multiple live specimens for their research into curing Hybridization, there's still the chance that they may share Nameless's attitude, or simply think that the effort of saving one isn't worth it when so many others are available.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Death, but with a gun





Freak: +1 | Danger: +1 | Savior: +0 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: -1
Hopeless | Afraid | Insecure | Guilty | Angry
Potential: 0/5

Nameless shrugged off Eleos' hand and attempted to object. Then the voice of Noriko cut through the confusion, making him flinch.

[Your ladyship I-] and was cut off when she went further, he didn't understand this the creature was defeated and we could not put an end to it why delay? Nameless sighed internally, his heart burned for vengeance but he had been given orders by his leader, and a member of the Emperor caste, he couldn't ignore her request no matter how much he personally objected to letting that creature take another breath.

He clasped all four hands together and bowed low [At once your ladyship, your will shall be done]. He headed off to the nearest building to search for additional trapped survivors as ordered, he didn't even wait to see if Eleos would follow. Entering the building where his team couldn't see the look of disgruntled irritation on his face, he closed his segmented eyes and took deep breaths to calm himself.

He inhaled, [The Knowing Answer, Shaarj Sees Surface Ripple] and then he exhaled and opened his third eyes to the world around him.

No roll was apparently required, this makes me sad.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at Sep 23, 2016 around 22:31

Neopie
Feb 28, 2014

Something something cinnamon bun

The Farsiders, Episode One: Really, Stuck On Cleanup Duty??

Music

Nameless was swiftly stopped from his attack on the hybrid- several members of the team acting as one to prevent it's execution. And indeed, the Hybrid lives- an argument soon ensues, but it is swiftly dealt with, and Nameless, you're left toe the task of dealing with the Civilians. Eleos follows suit, and the two of you together begin the triage- revealing the wounded and freeing the dead, a simple, if depressing task- there are few uninjured in this place.Still, it is a useful task, which will save time for the paramedics to come. ... It is, perhaps, a time for comptemplation. What you needed right now- wasn't it a moment where the memories of earlier and all the worries then had nothing difficult, strenuous, or trying to keep them from flooding back into your head, and the confrontations and fearful gazes the both of you recieved? What do you think these memories meant for the future? What do you think the hybrid's purpose was? Nameless- take one final condition of your choice. Eleos, what did that look of pain mean to you? Do you really think that you're cut out for this hero thing? Both of you, if you must, have the ability to skip out on the bit below- you're far enough away that YOU can escape.

Ankensatsu, you have succesfully been a hero today- upheld ideals of pacifism, more or less, and done... well, do you think that you did the right thing? Do you think that refusing the job will have consequences? Mark one more obligation on Bentei. What do you plan to do now Surely, there'll be a meeting afterwards, and a re-collection at the base, but... you have some time, and your work is more or less done here. So, uh, what do you do? You have a chance to skip out before the bit below...

Noriko, the line picks up- a female voice answers, her voice filled with confusion. "W, what? you have a - what, okay- uh, look, we can work with this. YOu're, uh, Panopticon's Daughter, right? Look, um, we can set someone up- do you know where the league's central hospital is? It's like three blocks from the HQ- yeah, yeah, um. Look, can you hit that back parking lot? We can have teams of paramedics ready, and I, uh, don't wanna risk anyone getting sent anywhere inside the hospital they shouldn't be, okay?" You can... probably do that- but you'll need to unleash your powers. You're acting on the answers from the assess, so take +1. And then, for better or for worse- this horrible mission... SHOULD be done with ,right? Given that... what do you do? You COULD escape the bit below... but, ah, it'd probably be pretty visible and bad for publicity...

===

Everyone but Mostly Beta, right about then the crowds start arriving- a line of reporters and various fan types, lead at the front by a stumbling lady with fire red hair- the wonderful Dracolina!

B Rank 223, Dracolina, who currently holds no title.
"Dame mas Dracolina!" The crowd yells- some injoke you don't know? Beta's heard it before, but he still doesn't really get it! She's limping, and bleeding a bit, but she's got a smile on her face and fire in her eyes- literally, as she walks up towards the group of you. "Heeeey! Beeeta, my main man! How'd you do, dude? Looks like it was prreeeetty good, eh, eh? Not bad for a D-ranker!" She promptly pulls Beta into a headlock, giving him a bit of a noogie- even with Robot Strength, she's a pretty good match! "This is my dorky-arse godson, everyone! A Real drat Hero!" and then she abruptly drops Beta- stepping back so that the cameras can pan out, more or less catching the five of you out in one shot! It looks like most of the major news organizations are here- The Zone News Network, the Ender-Times, the Last Herald... wow! A real showing! "Come on! Get your asses over here, Farsiders, we wanna know how you DIIDDDD!" And soon, while careful to stay far, /far/ out of the purple muck, the cameras have surrounded you all, spurred by Dracolina's egging on... And speaking of which, where the gently caress did her teammates go? Jupiter Jet and Chibi are nowhere to be seen!

"Beta! Is it true that this is only your second or third real hero mission? What's your relationship to Dracolina? What did your team accomplish here today?" Influence- lower Savior, raise Mundane

"... P... P... Gateway Gal, how's leading the team? Don't you think this mission was a little bit much for a D-ranked team?" Influence, raise Superior, lower Savior

"Ankensatsu! No one really knows... ANYTHING about you- where are you from? What do you do for hobbies? How do you do your hair, and how do you maintain your RIPPLED ABS?" UM????? Influence- uh, raise Hot, lower Cold???

"N...ame...less? How does fighting people here compare to your homeworld? What's it like back where you're from?" No influence

"Eleos! How do you pronounce your name? What was going on earlier? What was fighting the TV heads like? Why did you enjoy it so much?" Influence- raise Danger, lower Mundane

Ignore any questions for people who weren't there, of course- and, also...
Custom Move:
When you make a statement to the cameras, roll + Superior. On a 10+, choose three.
On a 7-9, choose two.
• you convince the viewing audience to see your team according to a Label of your choice
• your statement will bring you an opportunity from a viewer
• your statement frames you, in particular, as a successful and noteworthy hero of the city; mark potential
• you don’t anger or upset anyone important or powerful with your statement
On a miss, your statement goes awry, and listeners interpret your words in the worst possible way.

Neopie fucked around with this message at Sep 24, 2016 around 04:17

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak:
+2 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +0 | Hot: Yes
Hopeless | Afraid | Insecure | Guilty | Angry
Potential: 0/5

My mind turns back to Benkei as I watch Nameless and Eleos go off to work on search and rescue. It was not the first time I had refused a favor, naturally, there were many times in my previous life where the request he put forward would compromise the mission I was engaged with. We would surely balance the scales in the days or weeks to come. Regardless, he always seemed to manage to get what he wanted in the end. I was hardly the only one who traded favor for favor with him and his ilk.

That was a matter for a different day. Today, I feel vindicated. This path of heroics, of saving, seems to bear more merit than I had anticipated. Even beyond the satisfaction of a successful mission, the looks of gratitude and respect from those I had helped to save was a new experience. I look to the surroundings and see nothing that requires my immediate attention. Time enough to find my center and reflect on swordplay, then.

I clean Saiha, carefully wiping off the dust and odd TV-related fluids, before returning her to her sheath. That task accomplished, I begin to replay the fight in my head. There were moments of hesitation in my strikes. Understandable. This was perhaps the first time I had consciously fought without a clear intent to kill. My practice will need to adjust to accommodate. The form of my swordplay today, the blade reversed, was also different from my norm. That certainly led to a decrease in efficiency. Perhaps there would be a device of some sort that would allow me to temporarily blunt the blade when deadly force was unnecessary. Noriko may have some thoughts on that matter. I will have to confer with her when there is time. For now, I simply revel in the calm.

That calm is shattered with the arrival of Dracolina and her posse of reporters and hangers-on. I draw myself back to my feet and join the team. It would be unseemly to be overtly on guard against the dragon-woman, but there is a small chance that she might connect me with the attempt on Dr. Ritsuko. I bow slightly to her before turning to face the crowd of reporters.

I clear my throat slightly, "Greetings, esteemed members of the press. I will endeavor to keep this statement brief, as I am sure you have much to cover after the events of the day. To answer your questions: I hail from the Sacred Valley Zone. My hobbies include practicing bladework, meditation, and eating ramen at the Boss's cart. I also enjoy the animated work known as Mukoshiroku: Keitou Ragouken. My hair is naturally this way, though I cut it from time to time. I have found that long hair is inefficient for combat purposes. My training regimen includes several hours of practice with the sword, which has aided in the development of my abdominal muscles. Thank you for your time and I wish you well."

Accepting influence!

quote:

[20:22:17] <Tricky> Ninja Press Conference
[20:22:20] <Tricky> !r 2d6
[20:22:21] <Krysmbot> Tricky, 7 =
7

Taking an opportunity, avoiding the anger!

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor



Fre: +2 | Dan: +3 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +1 | Mun: -2
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions:

"Hahaha Dracolina!" I whine cheerfully, enjoying the attention that she was giving me. It was nice to see her recognize my team's achievements and it solidified the idea that I was doing well for Dr. Ritsuko. Additionally, none of the team commented on my actions against Nameless before. They probably didn't mind it, then. I will have to remember that in the future for when people were going against Noriko's orders. Still, what was a godson? I'd need to double-check that terminology with Dr Ritsuko

Still, I didn't know what to expect when our team was suddenly swarmed by the media. It was like a wave of people just crashed into me and started to ask me questions. Running through my databanks, I remember the words that Dr. Ritsuko told me. Don't be afraid of them and don't let yourself get overwhelmed. I did my best to remain calm as the wave of questions hit me. Wait, was one of them questioning my abilities?

"Yes, I have only recently begun doing actions that would define heroism with the Farsiders. However, that does not mean I am not able to keep up with my teammates. In fact, Dr. Ritsuko has installed a lot of capabilities in me that let me flourish in my acts of superheroism. As for Dracolina, she is a very important person for me who has guided me in learning to be a superhero through repeated fights. She is a very capable combatant and I'm very thankful for the experience she has given me. Finally, our team managed to defeat the Seraphim and protect as many innocents as we could from being infected or harmed. Noriko ordered us to not kill our enemies and while I didn't have any issues with following those orders, some other members of the team were more hesitant to follow through. In the end, we still managed to follow through with those orders and not kill the enemy."

Hopefully I did well, right? I gave a sheepish smile to Noriko, hoping that she was happy with my words. I bet Dr. Ritsuko will be so happy with my progress as a hero!

<jimmydalad> Do I accept influence to raise my dump stat?
<jimmydalad> and lower my ehhh
<jimmydalad> stat
<jimmydalad> Why not
<jimmydalad> !roll 2d6
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 10 = 10
Going to mark potential by immediately acting to prove them wrong and cancel their influence and take +1 forward against them

<jimmydalad> now for statement roll
<jimmydalad> !roll 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 4+2 = 6
<jimmydalad> LOLOLOLOLOL

Since Noriko is helping me with a Team, I'm going to choose to mark potential and not angering or upsetting anyone important or powerful.

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at Sep 29, 2016 around 21:29

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011
As a white American, it is my civic duty to kill my racist father, mother and any other family members, including myself.
That way people of color can finally be safe from white people.



Fre: 0 | Dan: -2 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +2 | Mun: +1
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions:

I nod (out of habit, since the woman on the other end can't actually see me) and talk with her, coordinating as I open the portals to move the hybrids through, as carefully as I can, while informing her of everything I can think of. "...And the winged hybrid, Susan Bellemere, emitted some sort of psychic wave earlier when she was brought down; I don't know if it's something she can repeat, but the team should be prepared in case she wakes up." Eventually, I get all of them through and close the last gate, sighing and looking around. The others helped finish up the last of the issue, and now people are swarming around, including the press.

...Who happen to be talking with Beta, who just gave some answers that really don't sound good.

I hurry over to where he's talking with the reporter. "What Beta means to say," I say, interjecting myself into the interview, "Is that there were some disagreements about the best way to proceed; our priority was, of course, to save the civilians trapped in the area, but ideally we also wanted to bring the hybrids in alive as well; there are League projects to reverse corruption caused by exposure to Broken Things, so we could potentially save not only the victims here today, but people down the line as well through research in this field. Some of our members were concerned that we would be unable to adequately protect the civilians without using lethal force against the corrupted, but fortunately, they focused their attacks on us rather than the bystanders, and we were able to neutralize the threat without unnecessary casualties or putting innocents in harm's way."

As I step back from helping smooth things over, another reporter begins asking me questions, as well as causing me to inwardly cringe; my lack of a self-chosen hero name has led to multiple people referring to me with names of their own creation instead, none of which I'm particularly fond of. While one's hero name is an important part of the image one presents and the sort of symbol they wish to be, getting these other names to stop is admittedly one of my biggest motivations to come up with my own soon.

Turning to the new reporter, I begin answering the questions aimed at me. "Well, the mission was originally merely to evacuate people trapped in the wake of the Broken Thing's rampage; at the time, the hybrids had not emerged," I explain, not calling the mission "Cleanup Duty" the way it was assigned to us; besides being, in my opinion, a name that's in rather poor taste, calling the saving of lives by such on television would look horrible. "However, I do not think that what this mission became was too much for us at all; to me, the ranking of our team members is merely a reflection of how recent our joining the League and forming the group is, rather than our ability.

"I believe that every member of this team is a capable hero, and I am proud to be their leader. It has been an interesting and at times challenging task so far, compared to my solo work, but the effort is well worth it, and I hope to be the leader that this team deserves."

Roland_Jones Being interviewed:
Roland_Jones !roll 2d6+2
Krysmbot Roland_Jones, 8+2 = 10

Roland_Jones Oh, right, missed the unleash. Let's do that too.
Roland_Jones !roll 2d6+1
Krysmbot Roland_Jones, 2+1 = 3

Okay, spending team to do damage control on Beta's statement. For my own, taking having people view the team according to the label Savior, see me in particular as successful for Potential, and to get an opportunity from a viewer. Bring on the anger from the powerful.

As for the failed roll... Ow. Wasn't sure how to reflect it in my post, so, up to Neopie whatever bad stuff/hard moves result from it.

Roland_Jones Oh crud, I just noticed the influence aimed at Noriko (and actually most people), whoops. Okay, that's another roll to make.
Resist the reporter's influence
!roll 2d6
Krysmbot Roland_Jones, 10 = 10
Roland_Jones Bam.

Marking potential by immediately acting against the reporter (via my response) and shifting Savior up, Dangerous down.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at Sep 30, 2016 around 08:39

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Death, but with a gun





Fre: +1 | Dan: +1 | Sav: +0 | Sup: +3 | Mun: -2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Afraid, Angry, Guilty

It was tiring work, but necessary work, and necessary work was Nameless' attempt to distract himself to the demons in his head. Monster he thought as he pulled an injured couple out of the rubble, Demon, Parasite, Abomination a man was trapped under fallen timbers, Nameless lifted it effortlessly off of the man and allowed the rescue teams to reach them. Why, why do we allow it to live He worked, he fumed, he toiled in sullen silence he.

The temple, burned, but at it's centre, confusion.
"Fah'Ran'Dal beware! The Hybrid is dangerous do not approach it!"
"Sha'Lah'Shas'Kah they are our friends! You would condemn them as such! We could save them!"
The Nameless saw his friend, his equal, his comrade, they were tending to the wounds of their brother, fallen from grace the taint of the Broken Things infected him but he was holding on.
"Look do you see! They are still with us, we can save them, we-"
The Hybrid, changed, reared and split apart as it opened a mouth that bore thousands of razor sharp teeth, Nameless ran to save his friend as he turned around in dull, sullen terror and-
*CRUNCH*
The Hybrid, feasted.


The Nameless will mark Afraid

The Nameless, threw up. The rescue teams stopped in their activities at the sight of the hero that was previously helping in them, doubled over in a sudden wash of fear, he trembled as the sensation of losing his breakfast brought him back to the reality. No he wasn't in the Serene temple of Y'shaarj, he did not just watch his friend of many moons get messily devoured by a horror. He was in the mega city, he was surrounded by humans, he-

Felt the tug of something happening back towards the rest of his team. The Hybrid. The Nameless sped off towards Noriko in a attempted non-chalent but very obviously concerned fast walk, trying not to attract attention. A human with a pad and pen came up to him, this was a reporter, the humans had such concepts of news and he would have normally acknowledged these strange human customs. But right now he wasn't feeling like something was going to go wrong right now.

"N...ame...less? How does fighting people here compare to your homeworld? What's it like back-"

[This one does not have the time for your inane questions human, bother one of the others.] He said, dismissively waving aside the reporter as he made a direct beeline towards the rest of his teammates. His compound eyes desperatly scanned the area for anything out of place, anything that seems to be amiss, anything at all.

I think I can activate Alien Ways to utterly blow off the reporters attempt to talk to him whilst he is in full 'something is in danger' mode. Superior Up, Mundane Down

19:42 TheNabster Nameless has got the willies and thinks something is wrong
19:42 TheNabster Rolling to assess the situation
19:42 TheNabster !r 2d6+3
19:42 Krysmbot TheNabster, 9+3 = 12
19:42 TheNabster Noice

>What here is in the greatest danger
>How best could we end this quickly

Neopie
Feb 28, 2014

Something something cinnamon bun

The Farsiders, Episode One: Really, Stuck On Cleanup Duty??

Sorry this is kind of late.

===
Shining Shield Zone- League Hospital

As a series of portals open, each and every one of the Hybrid's menagerie are deposited, one by one- taken out on gurneys, driven out on ambulances- and then the Hybrid itself appears, massive in stature- this is taken somewhere Else, a large hole opening up in the pavement, a steel platform rising up, accepting the hybrid atop it- and then sinking back down into the ground, which closes over it.

Two paramedics sit, and stare down at the hole, one large and feminine, short hair falling down to her neck, the other shorter and stouter, and as the two of them watch, they trade a cigarette back and forth. "I... don't know about this, Sal. This is a bit much, don't you think..?"
"They said there's some research on this stuff, right?"
"Still... this is a huge risk. I don't know about any of this, to be quite honest.What if that thing infects the crew down there? Yanno, we never did stuff like this when I was in the Metropolis main hospital. "
"Well, the perks of working for the league, ha... ha." The two of them fall silent, and watch as the hole closes back over...

===

Noriko, the reporters seem fairly happy with your answers- grinning and smiling as you talk about how your team was totally up to the task, as you talk about your solo work... And your damage control on Beta's statement even seems to have saved the day in that regard. Not half bad at this PR thing. Still, to a lot of people it's going to seem like you aggrandized for the team- so... be wary of that. Oh, and the portal thing went fine- you got confirmation of arrival from the Shining Shield zone, and everything is good on that front, so it's finally time to take a well deserved rest, isn't it? just too bad about your, um, moniker. So, the fight's over- what do you intend the team to do? What do YOU do?

Beta, your built in dictionary pulls up the term 'godson', and the related term 'godparent', providing the definition of basically a backup parent incase the first parent dies. Oh no!!! Is Ritsuko going to die?! This would be just, just the worst! This better not be a thing you really like Dr. Ritsuko, don't you??? Though comparitively, Dracolina is the 'cool mom'. Dracolina has a bit of an agape look on your face as you give the statement to the media, though it calms down a bit after Noriko steps in- what do you think of all this? That's not what you meant to say, was it? Gosh!

Ankensatsu, Your statement seems to wow the reporters, or at least placate them- there's more than a few shots of your rippled abs taken by the photographers, and generally things go good- you do realize... that reporter was basically hitting on you, right? How do you feel about that subject? Hey, uh, isn't Nameless acting a bit WEIRD? You should... probably be concerned about that. So, given that, what do you do?

Nameless, the hubbub is mostly focused on you now, as reporters snap pictures of you muscling through the crowd, but YOU KNOW: You know that something's up here. something's wrong, it can't be this easy, it can't it can't it can't- hybrids kill and break and destroy and this isn't right- what about Dracolina? She was just fighting a broken and she was WITH TWO OTHER PEOPLE, where are they now, are they dead, are they gone??? If that's the case, did she do it, is something up, she might hurt beta or gently caress them up- or , or something! The best way to end this would be to do something that got all the reporters to gently caress off- then you could settle this problem once and for all with no prying eyes.

Or... or is that just paranoia? W, what do you do...?

PTSD Influence answers:
What's in the greatest danger here: Beta
How could we best end this quickly: Get all the reporters to leave, then take Drastic Action.

Real Answers:
What's in the greatest danger here: Your reputation
How could we best end this quickly: Answer the reporter's questions, then go home.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak:
+2 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +0 | Hot: Yes
Hopeless | Afraid | Insecure | Guilty | Angry
Potential: 0/5

The brief buzz of media attention is... hm. I do not know if I have the words for it. Their attention defies every bit of my instincts, but it felt good to receive positive recognition for my work. For being a hero. My thoughts drift back to the reporter. Was that Aya? It had been difficult to match a face to the questions coming from the crowd. My training must be slipping -- it would have been unthinkable for such a lapse during my days among the Hattori. I gaze around. I do not see her around. She showed great courage today -- it would be amiss to go without acknowledging it. I will find her later.

I do, however, see Nameless. He is acting... unusual. To be perfectly fair, this may be usual for those like him. I would not know. But what I do know is that he seems ready to attack at the slightest provocation. I do not understand where it comes from, nor the person he plans to attack. It is a minor miracle that he has not struck someone down already. I should say something. Do something. Just as I proved myself capable of saving lives earlier, perhaps I can work to defuse this situation as well. I move next to him, though a respectable distance apart. It would not do to surprise him and become the victim.

I softly clear my throat, hoping to draw his attention. "Nameless. What troubles you? The day has been won -- the danger passed. I would help you if I am able"

quote:

[14:11:10] <Tricky> Ankensatsu tries his level best to talk down crazy 'Nam Bugman (C/S)
[14:11:13] <Tricky> !r 2d6
[14:11:15] <Krysmbot> Tricky, 11 =
11

+Team and Nameless hopefully clears a condition!

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Death, but with a gun





Fre: +1 | Dan: +1 | Sav: +0 | Sup: +3 | Mun: -2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Angry, Guilty

Nameless whipped around and grabbed Ankensatsu by the shoulders, the look on his face was of a being who was being tormented by things only he could see, the burning temple, the screams the...

Parts of Nameless' sensible brain grabbed the familiar image of his human companion Ank'En'Sat'Su in front of him and started to claw back functions from his fizzing psionics addled parts. A strange look passed over his face as coherence slowly came back to him, he blinked.

[This is, this is the Meegah Ceetee yes? This is not the temple of the sands, nothing is one fire, this one is...]

Clearing Afraid

Home, this one is home a sort of home anywhere, here were his comrades, and he still in the city. And surrounded by people who were all looking at him... Oddly. Nameless looks around awkwardly at all the people gathered around him, as he was holding the ninja very close to him in a near embrace. He leaned over slightly as he kept a weary eye on the press and whispered [Human who are these people and what do they want? Why do they have, cameras?]

There was no such thing as a 'newspaper' back in the empire. A lot of people outside the empire capitol proper were not overly concerned with what happened in distant villages, and within the capitol itself news considered important was generally imparted by the Emperor's official town criers who were typically the noble scions of great houses. In the city of the humans he had learned that this task was done by people who were essentially of no real importance, and who could apparently print anything they desires in their paper of news, even if it was insulting to members of the great Hee'ro caste! Anyone who did something like that in the empire could expect to be challenged to formal rites of combat by the offended party, to turn down such an offer after such an insult would be seen as extreme cowardice. What strange and alien ways these hairless monkeys have.

He was a bit stuck on what to do. [Do... Do I have to, talk to them?] Nameless gave him the look of someone who was big and strong but was suddenly finding a problem where being big and strong doesn't really help, he looked at his friend pleadingly for assistance.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at Oct 14, 2016 around 18:43

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak:
+2 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +0 | Hot: Yes
Hopeless | Afraid | Insecure | Guilty | Angry
Potential: 0/5

I will admit there was a brief moment where I feared that Nameless would rend me limb from limb. Luckily, that was not the case. I chuckled, perhaps a little weakly, then responded, "Yes, this is the Mega City, Nameless. They want to hear from the heroes who faced down danger and saved those in need. They want to hear your story of the day's victory, to hear the first-hand account of one who has looked death in the face and emerged triumphant."

I clasped him on the shoulders in turn, "You are a champion, Nameless, and it would shame the media to deny them a chance to hear from one such as you. I will support you in this."

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Death, but with a gun





Fre: +1 | Dan: +1 | Sav: +0 | Sup: +3 | Mun: -2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Angry, Guilty

[Right... Yes, yes! I shall make a statement to your media of the might of this scion of Klaaxi!]

20:02 TheNabster Nameless is going to boast tremendously
20:02 TheNabster !r 2d6+3
20:02 Krysmbot TheNabster, 3+3 = 6
20:02 Tricky Team!
20:02 Tricky :v
20:02 TheNabster Yes thank you Tricky

Assuming team gets subbed in my Tricky.

>Your statement frames you, in particular, as a successful and noteworthy hero of the city; mark potential
>You don’t anger or upset anyone important or powerful with your statement


[What was the question again? 'How does fighting people here compare to your homeworld'? This one does not have a homeworld he merely has his home] He pointed [Over there, far out in what you humans call the outside, it is referred to as the Dread Wastes. You learn how to do combat out within those wastes or you die, it is as simple as that. It is not a place that smiles kindly on those who cannot fight for what is theirs.]

[Today this one has sought out a worthy foe to combat and finds in this the dread beasts from the waste to be a mediocre challenge for one of such prowess, and one this day has encountered a hybrid of bestial cunning and dangerous power that were it not for the intervention of this one and his comrades would have caused terrible destruction. Such terrible psionic power, such malign intelligence, such a worthy challenge it seemed]

Nameless brushes dust off of his shoulder [And yet it was of no consequence, this one crushed it beneath it's heel] Nameless thought about this and realized this probably wasn't the best thing to say [... And by crush I mean defeat without making, any attempt to put it out of it's misery in the interest of mercy. Yes this is what has happened. Yes. It is so.]

He looks at Ankensatsu nervously, now would be a good time to corroborate this slight misstep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak:
+2 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +0 | Hot: Yes
Hopeless | Afraid | Insecure | Guilty | Angry
Potential: 0/5

I nodded sagely as I chimed in, "Indeed, Nameless showed great restraint and mercy in victory today. We can all learn from his example."

My poker face is invincible. Ninja training has prepared me to lie without a trace of deception.

Bumping that up to a 7 with our last point of team!

  • Locked thread
«2 »