Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJoqmzH83Vc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

He wasn't as good as Joe Buzzo or Mark Arm tho.

Homo Simpson
Oct 21, 2014

by Smythe
Lipstick Apathy
You say 2chains
I say Nirvana

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Kurt dead, so what?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

'everyone is gay' - kurdt cobain

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

TOOT BOOT posted:

aqua seafoam shame

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
if I had a dozen cool people including dave grohl and michael stipe hanging around all the time telling me not to kill myself I probably wouldn't do it.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Entropic posted:

Be honest though, aren't you glad we never got the lovely 6th Nirvana album and fat Kurt saying dumb poo poo on the Bill Maher Show or turning out to be a gamergator or something?

No. Based on Unplugged, Kurt's best work would have come after he burned out on the grunge rage a bit.

Like, you definitely heard absolutely everything Jim Morrison had to offer the world of music. Cobain was still finding his voice though

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Klyith posted:

if I had a dozen cool people including dave grohl and michael stipe hanging around all the time telling me not to kill myself I probably wouldn't do it.

Wow, my hero Michael Stipe personally invited me to hang out and play music with him! What a terrific day! So long, heroin, I don't need you anymore. Hey Courtney, great news -- uh, be careful with that gun, Cour

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Lastgirl posted:

yea

he died to preserve his integrity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1gjAXo05tA

Also, just in time for christmas, only $10 at kmart

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Moon Atari posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1gjAXo05tA

Also, just in time for christmas, only $10 at kmart

hahaha jesus christ

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Oh yeah he could blow his brains out with such a low percentage of blood in his heroin system. I think she paid somebody to do it. My source: El Duce in that interview before his death

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

i actually bought that shirt because i needed a christmas shirt for work and the only other one i could see for sale said "merry christmas ya filthy animal". A gen-x coworker saw me wearing it and shot me the dirtiest look.

tegan and sara
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
pussy poppin show stopin u just a little bitch

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
you kno ur right op

also i unironically enjoy Hole

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Lastgirl posted:

he made a p good comic tho

I'm the obligatory fart and curiously unsquiggled stink lines.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

He had maybe three good songs

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Courtney love totally killed him

She's the OJ Simpson of white women

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's crazy how a lot of the top charting artists from the 90s are dead now but your drakes and your kanyes and your Rihanna's and your Brittany's are still alive after a decade of making music. You wonder why the music industry kills some people but not others. All I know is a bunch of artists died and they stopped showing music videos on tv and a lot of these relatively low charting, low skill, low talent artists have been dominating the charts for years now.

ClamdestineBoyster fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Aug 29, 2016

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
"Everyone is gay" - Alphonse Hitler

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

It's crazy how a lot of the top charting artists from the 90s are dead now but your drakes and your kanyes and your Rihanna's and your Brittany's are still alive after a decade of making music. You wonder why the music industry kills some people but not others. All I know is a bunch of artists died and they stopped showing music videos on tv and a lot of these relatively low charting, low skill, low talent artists have been dominating the charts for years now.

the answer is pretty obviously that the drug of choice in the 90s was heroin. So rather than throwing shade at courtney love, who is guilty of nothing but being the crypt keepers bumbling drug addled sister, we should blame ronald reagan and the dea of indirectly killing kurt by denying him better drugs.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

TOOT BOOT posted:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
"I Hate Myself And I Want To Die" hmm I wonder why this guy did heroin and died

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Flesh Forge posted:

"I Hate Myself And I Want To Die" hmm I wonder why this guy did heroin and died

can we be absolutely certain it wasn't because of your posting

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
kurt cobain was def a poo poo, just a real big turd

im glad he did heroin a lot (i wish he did more) and im glad of him painting the wall with his headparts much like he painted the 90s with several coats of awful worthless garbled noises thus inspiring a million little poo poo mouths to start bands like puddle of mudd (mudd is a metaphor for poo poo) and pick up their own paintbrushes and smear twatsnot across the radio waves and iTunes etc

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
if he was still alive I'd tell him to go kill himself tbh

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
i have strong feelings for a dead guy too

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Kurt was actually a great martyr by virtue of being an average musician who achieved his most lasting success by being a very famous suicide. If not for him having made it played out, many other potentially more talented pop musicians might have killed themselves. While that sounds like an insult, i think he might actually have found it appealing in the sense of sacrificing personal glory in favour of a greater net contribution to art, were it possible for his heavily decomposed brain goo to find anything to be anything.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
name more talented pop musicians during the era

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

also op mental illness and drug addiction are not logical things, I know it's natural to try to make sense of things like "he had so much going for him, why would he throw it away on intravenously shooting the heroin??" and "he had a baby and a dumb slutty wife who while annoying was probably fun and good at loving, and also he was a millionaire famous man who shat out awful derivative turds that were eagerly devoured by idiot kids who handed him fistfuls of money for the privilege to eat his pixie ripoff turds, why would he kill himself??

but ultimately his thoughts and actions were, by nature of being a depressed drug addict, totally irrational and not grounded in reality

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Mariana Horchata posted:

you kno ur right op

also i unironically enjoy Hole

say what you want about Courtney Love, but Live Through This was legit one of the best albums to come out of the whole grunge thing.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Gatekeeper posted:

also op mental illness and drug addiction are not logical things, I know it's natural to try to make sense of things like "he had so much going for him, why would he throw it away on intravenously shooting the heroin??" and "he had a baby and a dumb slutty wife who while annoying was probably fun and good at loving, and also he was a millionaire famous man who shat out awful derivative turds that were eagerly devoured by idiot kids who handed him fistfuls of money for the privilege to eat his pixie ripoff turds, why would he kill himself??

but ultimately his thoughts and actions were, by nature of being a depressed drug addict, totally irrational and not grounded in reality

are you copy and pasting this from youtube comments?

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Smash it Smash hit posted:

name more talented pop musicians during the era

lmfao

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

are you copy and pasting this from youtube comments?

okay.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
you guys ever think kurt poo poo and peed in a blender and shot it into his veins? maybe that was his secret to being a great musician ?

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Entropic posted:

say what you want about Courtney Love, but Live Through This was legit one of the best albums to come out of the whole grunge thing.

was that the one that "they" say che guevara secretly wrote for courtney but she pretended she wrote it

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

i'm talking about extending into the next few decades of pop music, where kids grow up seeing the nirvana shirt sold in every store and know about that band their dad likes (or doesn't like outside of a couple of songs), where the guy killed himself big time. im actually hoping kanye will eventually off himself and we can be done with highly influential artistic suicides through kanye deliberately or unintentionally ruining it forever with a 'once as tragedy, twice as farce' style finale.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

you guys ever think kurt poo poo and peed in a blender and shot it into his veins? maybe that was his secret to being a great musician ?

ummm i was raised to believe his secret to being a great musician was killing himself before people realized he was not a great musician???

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Moon Atari posted:

i'm talking about extending into the next few decades of pop music, where kids grow up seeing the nirvana shirt sold in every store and know about that band their dad likes (or doesn't like outside of a couple of songs), where the guy killed himself big time. im actually hoping kanye will eventually off himself and we can be done with highly influential artistic suicides through kanye deliberately or unintentionally ruining it forever with a 'once as tragedy, twice as farce' style finale.

lmao :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Did you hear her generic over-produced "Hole" comeback album where she was the only original member, with a bunch of hired guns 20 years younger than her, though? lmao

• Locked thread