Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I wanna try Stephens sausage roll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

dragon enthusiast posted:

finally ,the name of the man

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

trying to jack off posted:

finally ,the name of the man

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Is it fascism yet posted:

i really liked talos principle but i didnt like the witness that much. the world is just so bland in witness. the puzzles are cool but the rest of the game sucks.

it'll all make sense once you find the secret ending

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

dragon enthusiast posted:

Oh yeah me too .

Also may I submit Snakebird

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I wish there was more Puyo Puyo love in the States, I have fond memories of pirating the PC version of Fever with online play and getting absolutely crushed constantly

Tetris Attack needs a modern iteration as well

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

it'll all make sense once you find the secret ending

it's not nice, to lie.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

goferchan posted:

Oh yeah me too .

Snakeburd is Nice. It Lacks a difficulty curve but the Puzzles are top Tier

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
they should of called it byobduction because it looks fairly chill

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Witness got marked down to 23 bucks, that might be enough for me to check it out. Or I'll hold out for 15 because I'm busy with TWEWY atm anyway

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

it's really good even hough i got stuck on a puzzle in the volcano like a year ago and haven't played it since oops

same, i think i got stuck in those dark caves.
it's a really good mix of metroidvania and puzzle, everyone should try it

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

goferchan posted:

Oh yeah me too .

Is it fascism yet posted:

Snakeburd is Nice. It Lacks a difficulty curve but the Puzzles are top Tier

snakebird is some really tough poo poo

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Witness got marked down to 23 bucks, that might be enough for me to check it out. Or I'll hold out for 15 because I'm busy with TWEWY atm anyway

I was about to come post this, i think it's the first time it's been on sale since it came out. It's a very long and good game and that's a good deal for it. Don't sleep on that if you like puzzle games

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

TIS-100 is a fun puzzle game. :)

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
there is a humble bundle with all the sierra adventure games in it. i didnt play it yet but some of them are highly regarded.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
The witness is really really cool

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Hexcells is excellent and you can get it on an iPad, so your dad can play it on the couch while he watches Danish crime dramas.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

In Training posted:

it looks like a Chuck E Cheese version of a Myst island & the secret ending is purestrain Blow but it's a good game

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Buck Turgidson posted:

Hexcells is excellent and you can get it on an iPad, so your dad can play it on the couch while he watches Danish crime dramas.

drat i was waiting on this to come to ios but for some reason I thought it would be on phones too.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm maybe in the minority on this one, but i like the puzzle agent games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I picked up picross e1 because I played the 3D 2 demo and Ive never played this series before.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This game has 150 puzzles for 6 bucks O_o

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The picross e games just get better and better as they go on. my only problem with them is that they don't have any super huge 20x20 and 25x20 puzzles like Picross ds.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

Evil Eagle posted:

I love competitive puzzle games but I can't find anyone to battle me in Tetris/Panel de Pon/Dr. Mario.

I will battle you in Tetris (Friends, probably)
(unless you have Puyo Puyo Tetris for 3DS)

skull wall
Jul 29, 2012

elf help book posted:

they are on gog
https://www.gog.com/game/drod_1_2_3
I'd recommend skipping to 2, journey to rooted hold

Do not do this. 2 is way loving harder than 1

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

skull wall posted:

Do not do this. 2 is way loving harder than 1

yeah, it has puzzles

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
I started with 2 and it's fine. Recommended.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I got hexcells in the last humble bundle and tried it out, through the first couple of worlds it was fun but kind of simple, then it introduced columns and continuous / non continuous rules and holy poo poo I love this crazy minesweeper / picross combo

Hungry cat picross (phone game, free with ads) is pretty good and has something crazy like 1000+ puzzles including a weekly challenge archive that goes back two years

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

i can vouch for hungry cat picross, the picross mechanics are a little different from normal, but its a good game to play while you poo poo.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I still love the original Myst so The Witness is on my short list of games to get. I was actually replaying Riven earlier this summer but fell off when I got to the really involved map puzzle near the end.

Started Fez a few weeks ago but people told me it was lame. Still want to try it because people went loving crazy for that game and yet I know almost nothing about it.

I also can't stop playing Pokemon Picross and wish it didn't have so many F2P mechanics so I could continue to not stop playing it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think I'm close to done with the 10x10 puzzles.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Kinda want to pick up Myst for some Steam sale since I was a childe when the original version came out and didn't know poo poo about any of the puzzles. What's the best remaster

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
realMyst though i heard they updated it again with a better version of realmyst

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
secretely hoping for close to a decade now that they make a realRiven

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
Fez Puzzles suck imo. Not a good Puzzle Game.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

ArfJason posted:

secretely hoping for close to a decade now that they make a realRiven
I suck at Myst games but Riven is extremely cool and atmospheric.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I ended up buying a Picross e instead of paying for Pokemon Picross, but I kinda like that the Pokemon and mission mechanic is just encouraging you to cheat in different ways. I've played enough Picross that having it mixed up in little ways like that is fun.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

No Such Thing posted:

i can vouch for hungry cat picross, the picross mechanics are a little different from normal, but its a good game to play while you poo poo.

It's one of my prime shitter games

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm playing Obduction and it's great, I love the way they did FMV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Chu Chu Rocket, especially the GBA version with a shitload of user levels from SegaNet included. I am nowhere near done with it.

Another vote for Hexcells thanks to that Humble Bundle. The first one I did in a sitting or two, and now Plus is breaking me. One mechanic the game doesn't formally introduce when it finally becomes necessary is looking at the number of remaining cells to be filled in and using that to eliminate choices. It's not really needed in the first game aside from a few cute puzzles with one hex off by itself being the last remaining, but it shows up near the end of the first batch in the second game.

And of course, Adventures of Lolo rocks. I wish 3 would hit the VC sometime, dammit.

Also been doing a lot of these lately. Very similar to sudoku.

Checkmate and other chess puzzles are really fun, too, even without enjoying playing chess against people.

• Locked thread