Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
It's like you tried to combine the phrase "jury rig" with the racial slur "jigaboo".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

notZaar posted:

It's like you tried to combine the phrase "jury rig" with the racial slur "jigaboo".

I thought it was "Jerry rig" and was already a slur against Germans and/or an anti Semitic slur against Jerry Seinfeld?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Applewhite posted:

I thought it was "Jerry rig" and was already a slur against Germans and/or an anti Semitic slur against Jerry Seinfeld?

I used to think that too, but it turns out "Jerry built" predates the German slur and "jury rig" is the correct term that dates back to wooden ship navies.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

notZaar posted:

I used to think that too, but it turns out "Jerry built" predates the German slur and "jury rig" is the correct term that dates back to wooden ship navies.

Google confirms. I'm flabbergasted.

E: apparently I've been saying it wrong all this time. It actually has more to do with fat shaming.

Applewhite fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Aug 30, 2016

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Please don't use illegal words Applewhite!!!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I guess my rhetorical armor has a few chinks.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

OctoberBlues posted:

Please don't use illegal words Applewhite!!!

What are you talking about? That's a perfectly normal word used to express surprise and it has nothing to do with the similar sounding anti homosexual slur.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I think we've gotten sidetracked from talking about games we have in development. Currently I'm working on an UN-realistic swimming pool simulator with water physics that are nothing like real water. Expect to clip through the walls of the pool and fall infinitely into the skybox on a regular basis.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I call it: Sim-Pool-Ton

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Applewhite posted:

I think we've gotten sidetracked from talking about games we have in development. Currently I'm working on an UN-realistic swimming pool simulator with water physics that are nothing like real water. Expect to clip through the walls of the pool and fall infinitely into the skybox on a regular basis.

Cool what happens when you are in the pool and you press P?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Quote-Unquote posted:

Cool what happens when you are in the pool and you press P?

You pee in the pool causing you die from chlorine gas poisoning because I inputted the chemical values for bleach to represent the pool water and amonia for the pee.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
What about a game that is all unskippable cutscenes and every time you try to skip one it goes into bullet time?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Starting work on a game called "Ghost of a Chance" it's a stealth shooter starring a big booby girl who can turn invisible. It's going to be to Starcraft: Ghost what Mighty No.9 was to Megaman: a worthy spiritual successor that improves on the original.

Pls donate to my kickstarter.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Ghost of a chance has hit production delays. I'm going to need more money.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've gotten together with David Cage, the man responsible for the masterpieces Heavy Rain, Beyond the Souls, and Custer's Revenge. We like your idea Applewhite but in order to secure funding you have to promise that there will be QTE-based chewing and swallowing every time the player character eats anything. Also the only way the character can interact with anything is by eating it.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
What age rating is this game? 13? 16? 18?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Zombiepop posted:

What age rating is this game? 13? 16? 18?

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures
hholy gently caress, I just realized that I have been playing this game the entire time and I didn't realize it until now. I think I'm able to communicate out within this thread but I don't know if it's just the game playing another trick on me. Hello? How can I know if you all are real or created by the game to torment me?? Maybe if I can somehow stop him before he finishes the game this time I will be freed. FREEE MEEEE!!

AND WHY THE HELL DIDNT YOU INCLUDE QUICKSAVE??

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures
No, not the rats. I can't take anymore rats. They just never stop. I saw what they did to Frankie. Why do you keep adding more rats??? Alright boys, LETS PLAY BALL. :fuckoff:

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I'm making a game where you start out fight rats in a sewer. Then bam level 2 more rats in a sewer. Level3, it's rats again coming at you. Level 4, 5, you get the idea

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

echronorian posted:

I'm making a game where you start out fight rats in a sewer. Then bam level 2 more rats in a sewer. Level3, it's rats again coming at you. Level 4, 5, you get the idea

I don't get the idea; what happens on level 4 and 5? Some kind of dragon/wizard?

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Quote-Unquote posted:

I don't get the idea; what happens on level 4 and 5? Some kind of dragon/wizard?

Nope. Just more rats. Also there's a pipe you can click on that tells you the exact date of your death.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Ork of Fiction posted:

Nope. Just more rats. Also there's a pipe you can click on that tells you the exact date of your death.

woah I did not expect that twist. With the rats I mean.

This game sounds too spooky 4 me

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
Imagine 4 lines of code on the edge of a cliff.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

:captainpop:
Im not old enough, gotta leave the thread I guess. What makes it so hardcore its 33??

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Hustlin Floh posted:

I've gotten together with David Cage, the man responsible for the masterpieces Heavy Rain, Beyond the Souls, and Custer's Revenge. We like your idea Applewhite but in order to secure funding you have to promise that there will be QTE-based chewing and swallowing every time the player character eats anything. Also the only way the character can interact with anything is by eating it.

I love it. We'll change the name to VORE and it will feature procedurally generated evolution starting from the cell level all the way up through interstellar travel. The player controls a ravenous predator that eats everything.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Applewhite posted:

I love it. We'll change the name to VORE and it will feature procedurally generated evolution starting from the cell level all the way up through interstellar travel. The player controls a ravenous predator that eats everything.

There needs to be a multiplayer mode. With microtransactions. Everyone loves those.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Quote-Unquote posted:

There needs to be a multiplayer mode. With microtransactions. Everyone loves those.

The smaller the better! .001 cents will automatically be charged to the player's credit card for every keystroke.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Will there be romance options or is this going to be a realistic version of your life?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Applewhite posted:

The smaller the better! .001 cents will automatically be charged to the player's credit card for every keystroke.

Perfect!

As the ideas guy that came up with the microtransaction concept for your new game, I think it's only fair I get a share of the profits. Say, 90% after all it was my idea. All you had to do was the easy parts like the coding, setting up the payment gateway and handling accounts and taxes etc.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

ikanreed posted:

Will there be romance options or is this going to be a realistic version of your life?

All my games are escapist fantasy so there will be lots of romance options.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

ikanreed posted:

An author is entitled to some creative license :cmon:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Quote-Unquote posted:

Perfect!

As the ideas guy that came up with the microtransaction concept for your new game, I think it's only fair I get a share of the profits. Say, 90% after all it was my idea. All you had to do was the easy parts like the coding, setting up the payment gateway and handling accounts and taxes etc.

Well that sounds reasonable. Can I at least get a verbal agreement that I'm entitled to 20% of the merchandise sales?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Applewhite posted:

Well that sounds reasonable. Can I at least get a verbal agreement that I'm entitled to 20% of the merchandise sales?

Sure buddy. I'll even say we should extend that to the extra we charge for the collector's edition with the 24" dick monster statue, because that comes under merchandise in my book.

Right I'm off to play golf, let me know when you've finished coding (you've got until midnight then we need to ship this bad boy!).

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I've hired an artist to do all the assets for the game. I'm so confident in his talent that I've generously agreed to let him keep IP rights to everything he draws.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Applewhite posted:

All my games are escapist fantasy so there will be lots of romance options.

How many compliments do I have to give an NPC before they sleep with me? If it's less than 5 I'm going to be mad, because then they're unrealistic sluts.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

ikanreed posted:

How many compliments do I have to give an NPC before they sleep with me? If it's less than 5 I'm going to be mad, because then they're unrealistic sluts.

All romantic interactions will be based on the transfer of "kindness coins" and each potential romantic partner has a different number of kindness coins they require to be spent on them before they sleep with you. You will have to discover each girl's number for yourself!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Trust me there will be no shortage of potential romantic partners. This game features a fully fuckable environment.

It's the Red Faction of loving things.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Applewhite posted:

Trust me there will be no shortage of potential romantic partners. This game features a fully fuckable environment.

Oh yeah. Wait for the screen to fade to black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Applewhite posted:

Can I literally tear someone a new hole?

• Locked thread