Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Andre Washington / Mr. Sparks

Andre Washington grinned at the old man he was playing chess with. It wasn't a daily habit, but it happened often enough that he was a regular. He won enough to be cocky; lost enough not to stand out. Today, however, his conversation over the chess board was interrupted by a phone call.

"Excuse me - I actually do have to take this one. Hello! Yes, Miss Lee. So I've convinced you to take some classes? Excellent! Right now, I've got openings on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I strongly encourage Monday or Tuesday, though. Our Monday class is actually more then just self defense training; we go into self esteem building, helping you fit your training to your schedule, and talk a lot more about when and how to use what I'm teaching you - you want to make sure you're always out there helping others, yeah? Tuesdays right now I actually have some good sized groups, and call me old fashioned, but I like helping a lot of people all at once, and I think you'd fit right in - help you socialize a little, you know? Ahahaha, yeah, it's pretty similar to my pitch for Monday. Don't forget what I told you - it's not enough to feel good after a workout, you gotta know you can DO good if anything ever happens nearby. Wednesday, well, it's open, but to be honest, it's not my best day. Middle of the week, we tend to use it for more cooldown exercising, and for you, I think a more vigorous workout would do you better. Say - why don't we meet and talk this over in person?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

Andre Washington by all accounts was simply still on his phone.

"Uh huh? Uh huh. Yeah, we'll do lunch, tomorrow. That place in Harlem I told you about last time we met? Sounds good. I'll see you there!"

~*~

Once he gets home, Mr Sparks goes through the list of geometric shapes. Angels always act with purpose - they lack the ability and creativity not to. If they had made these shapes, they had done so for a reason. All he had to do was find the reason. In his time on Earth he had done a lot to learn about occult practices and matrices - could it be connected?

He also goes through his suits and sets aside one for tomorrow. He doesn't have to pick one tailored to hide a slightly bulky vest; that's all of them. One could never be too careful. Mentally, he champions himself on choosing the place for lunch first. Not because of security reasons. It just had incredible food.

Occult (Occult Matrices): 5d10h8 2
Only 1 success if Occult Matrices doesn't apply

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

My Sparks gives the phone the most irritated look he can. Didn't he already say the place in Har - oh, whatever.

[ Sure. BUT NEXT TIME, WE GO TO THE PLACE IN HARLEM. ]

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

"Agreed on finding." Sparks eats his food with gusto, speaking between mouthfuls. "But we can't be sure this Dark Eyes is our perp. We meet and greet first. Start cold, escalate to hot if needed. Come packed, but keep them in holsters until we're sure. And lets be honest - gives things at a price? That could describe almost anything. It even describes us. No, better to know who or what it is then just eliminate it - after all, it could lead us TO our target rather then BE our target."

• Locked thread